• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 5,903 Views, 131 Comments

Shinobi of Equestria - Fan of Fanfics



The worlds of Ponies and Ninja collide in a show of Friendship and Mahem

  • ...
21
 131
 5,903

Chapter 6

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or My Little Pony

Naruto's ear twitched as the sleeping shinobi-pony heard the sound of small hooves across the floor. Opening his eyes, he watched, still in a sleepy stupor, as Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom flew seemingly in slow motion, coming in for a landing on his stomach, knocking the wind out of the earth pony.

"Hey, Naruto, is Konohamaru around?" Scootaloo asked hopefully.

"Yeah!" continued Sweetie Belle. "We wanna see if he'll come with us and help us get our Cutie Marks." Naruto sighed and shook his head, before springing out of bed, causing the three fillies to be sent to the ceiling, screaming, before coming down for a far more graceful landing on Naruto's back, the pony now standing and carrying them down the library stairs.

"Well, considering I've been sleeping, I haven't actually seen Konohamaru, however, I believe Fluttershy managed to convince him to help oversee her animals while she helps Angel recover from his broken foot," he said, yawning.

Flashback

Naruto, Konohamaru, Twilight, and Spike had all gathered at Fluttershy's cottage for lunch as they tried to explain why the Everfree Forest was so terrifying. He wasn't impressed.

"Alright, the monsters in the forest, I could see you being afraid of. The whole 'nature working on its own' thing, not so much," Naruto said, his assistant nodding in agreement.

"Well, yes, but in our defense, nature works on its own...well, naturally in your world," Twilight responded. "It's not like that in Equestria. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are responsible for raising the sun and moon. The Pegasus ponies are responsible for making weather, and the earth ponies are the ones who grow things." Nobody noticed the pair of rabbit ears pop up behind the table, rather close to Spike's sandwich.

"Still, isn't nature, by definition, supposed to be natural?" Naruto questioned. Twilight was about to retort, but she then quirked an eyebrow, seeming to think about it for a second before shaking those thoughts from her head. As Naruto smirked and the unicorn glared, Spike reached for his sandwich at the exact same time as a tiny rabbit's paw. None of the four ponies paid this any mind.

"So, um, Naruto..." said Fluttershy, tripping over her words. "'d love to know more about the summon animals. They sound fascinating." Naruto laughed.

"They usually are, unless they're trying to eat you," he replied, getting a quirked eyebrow. Deciding to elaborate, still not noticing the dragon and bunny beginning to form an almost cartoonish big ball of violence, he continued. "My teacher once purposely used a technique to trap us in the mouth, throat, and stomach of the giant mountain toad. Then there was that time I actually was eaten by a snake summon, but I got out of that by cloning myself so many times in its stomach that it burst." Twilight looked ready to puke while Fluttershy gasped in horror. Trying to diffuse a situation before it began, he added "The snake summon lived, it just had to return to the summon realm to heal." Sure it was a lie, but he had already learned that if there was one thing that made Fluttershy angry, it was harm coming to animals...any animals. He relaxed when Fluttershy let out a sigh of relief, though he could still tell she was miffed.

"Ugh, and I thought Snakes were scary before. I'd hate to meet one of those giant snake summons," Twilight said with a shiver.

"I'm sure they can't be that bad," Fluttershy countered, but she was met with a deadpan look from both Naruto and Twilight.

"The Boss Snake, Manda, demands sacrifices...not just blood, but living sacrifices, to summon him, and some high ranked members of the snake clan do as well," Naruto said. "I hate to break it to you Fluttershy, but some animals are mean. Some are downright demons." The ladies and Konohamaru saw his eye twitch and he rubbed his temples with his hooves.

"You ok?" asked Twilight, and Naruto nodded.

"Just a headache...a very big headache." A crash was heard, finally drawing attention to the escalating fight between Angel and Spike.

"Angel!/Spike!" shouted Fluttershy and Twilight respectively, rushing in to separate the two, but not before the bunny put his foot across Spike's rear so hard they could hear a sickening crunch, and the white rabbit winced as it now hopped on only one foot.

"That bunny just kicked a dragon's ass...figuratively and literally..." Konohamaru stated, mouth agape. Naruto just nodded dumbly.

"Nature is so fascinating," he said as Fluttershy rushed around her cottage to prepare her first-aid supplies.

Flashback End

"And as much as I'd love to help you girls wrangle up a colt-friend, I don't think Fluttershy would appreciate her help suddenly vanishing." The Crusaders looked a little down about that, but Apple Bloom suddenly smiled and climbed onto the stallion's head.

"Hey, do ya wanna help us find our cutie marks?" she asked sweetly. Naruto just shook his head. Such obsession with these markings. He looked at his own, the red spiral he knew was the symbol of the Uzumaki clan, his long dead family. He had found out about them in his travels with Jiraiya, who himself revered them as the greatest fuuinjutsu masters of their time. It made it all the more special to know he was from a great clan. He smiled a sad smile. It was only after learning about them, that he managed to grill the Pervy Sage enough to spill the beans on his parents.

"Yeah, come on, Big Bro," begged Scootaloo. The pegasus filly, after learning more about shinobi, no doubt Konohamaru's revenge for always sicking the girls on him, had begun looking up to the blonde almost like she did Rainbow Dash. He enjoyed her company. She was like he was, when he was younger. Always ready for action, to get the respect and admiration she craved. The first time he called her 'little sister' she was hooked. Being an only child, she never had what Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom had.

"I'm not sure I'm the best person to help you three out with that," Naruto said, eliciting a few groans and 'awwwws' from the trio. "Besides, I have places to be."

"But Naruto, you an' Konohamaru already had your cutie marks when y'all came here. And Applejack said humans ain't got cutie marks o' their own, so you gotta know how to get one." Naruto sighed as he heard the reasoning behind the Crusaders' request, and their reasoning wasn't necessarily off. He had read up on the cutie marks, and while to him they didn't seem so important, to the ponies, it was quite possibly one of, if not the most important moment of their lives when they received their marks.

"And that's because Konohamaru, Gaara, and I, all know what exactly it is that make us special." The girls all scoffed. They knew from asking Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie, that some form of sappy story was bound to come from this. Booorrrrriiiinnnnggg.

"Yeah, yeah, we know, we learned all about this in school. The Cutie Mark represents a pony's special talent. What we need is to figure out which talent is ours." Naruto rolled his eyes as the fillies leapt from his back and exited the library with him, heading into town so Naruto could get some breakfast before heading to Sweet Apple Acres. While he would apparently receive a monthly stipend of bits for acting as an ambassador to the Nations,and as a bonus would soon be getting his own place for he and Konohamaru to live, he found himself in need of spending money. After a week of boredom, he decided to get a job...but not knowing what he'd be good at, he decided to take any and all that came his way. He became something of a hired hand, doing odd jobs, just like the genin and chuunin do in the Hidden Villages, and he would work out a price for his services, always making sure never to over-charge.

Unfortunately for the Apple's, the harvest was going rather slowly, so Applejack decided as long as Naruto was willing to do the random jobs, she could afford to pay him a few bits to buck some trees to get them back on schedule. Naruto was against being paid for that particular job, seeing as he didn't want to be charging his friends, but the Pony was as stubborn as a mule, saying if he didn't accept the pay, she wouldn't accept the help. That stubborn pride reminded him of someone, but for the life of him, he couldn't figure out who.

Stopping at Sugarcube Corner, Naruto smiled at the Pink Pony behind the counter. "Hey Pinkie Pie," he said with a slight wave of the hoof to the mare, excited as ever for her friend to stop in. "I'll just have a chocolate-chip muffin, please...you girls want anything?" He directed the last question at the crusaders.

"Chocolate Cupcake please!" Scootaloo said.

"Make it two," chimed in Sweetie Belle.

"Ah don't know," said Apple Bloom. "Applejack don't like it when ah eat sweets this early." Naruto scoffed.

"Applejack isn't here now, is she? And I won't tell if Pinkie won't," he said, and the pink earth pony let loose a giggle, snorting a bit with her laughter, while running her hoof over her mouth as a way to say her lips were sealed.

"The secret is safe with me, Ponies," she said, and Apple Bloom smiled.

"Then ya better make it three chocolate cupcakes," she said, bumping hooves with Naruto. Maybe a little sugar rush would make Applejack think twice before being so stubborn. As Pinkie handed them the treats and Naruto conversely handed her the payment, she stopped them from leaving just yet.

"Don't forget Naruto, you promised to come by tomorrow and taste the new recipes I've been working on," she said. Naruto turned and flashed her a grin.

"Wouldn't miss it, Pinkie," he said. "I never break a promise." The two ponies gave each other a mock salute, before breaking out into silly faces and laughing. After spending the last two weeks with the ponies, in particular the six mares representing the 'Elements of Harmony,' or whatever they were called, Naruto found himself being more and more upbeat and happy, and it showed.

"Anyway," he said as they continued to walk. "Gaara, because of being the Kazekage, the wind-shadow, leader of the Hidden Sand Village, has our symbol for 'Wind' as his cutie mark. His desire to help and protect the people of his village is what makes him special. Konohamaru's dream, similarly, is to become the Hokage, leader of the Hidden Leaf Village, like his grandfather. He wants to protect the village and live up to the legacy his grandfather left. His cutie mark is the symbol of the leaf village, Konoha, for which he was named." He really had the attention of the three fillies now. "What I'm trying to say, I guess, is that your cutie mark isn't necessarily about seeking out for what you can do. It's about who you are as an individual."

"Come on, bro," groaned Scootaloo. "You sound like everyone else." Naruto rolled his eyes and ruffled her mane, much to the pegasus' irritation.

"Did you ever think that the reason that we all sound the same is because we all know what we're talking about?" replied Naruto.

"But that's so boring!" Scootaloo pouted.

"Just be patient, my little pega-sis," said Naruto, chuckling at his little play on words. "When it happens, it happens. And someday, you'll be telling little blank-flanks the same thing we've all been telling you three."

"How'd you become an expert in two weeks, Naruto?" Sweetie Belle asked. Naruto just shrugged.

"I read...a lot..." It wasn't really a lie. It was mainly his clones doing the actual reading though. Being careful so that he wouldn't go comatose from information overload, he had still managed to read nearly a quarter of the Ponyville library, and it was making Twilight Sparkle all the more eager to learn about chakra so he could possibly teach her how to do the same.

"So what does your cutie mark mean?" Scootaloo asked, and once again, Naruto took a look at the red spiral on his flank.

"Well, that's complicated," he replied. "The Whirlpool Spiral could have multiple meanings, depending on who knows me. It could be a way to say I'm a little chaotic and random. Back home I was known as the Number one, hyper-active, knucklehead ninja." The three fillies giggled.

"Sounds like yer related to Pinkie Pie," Apple Bloom laughed, and Naruto sighed, grumbling a little bit about how the red-maned filly was the second one to say such a thing.

"Or..." he continued, trying to get back on topic. "It could have to do with my family, as the spiral is the symbol of my mother's family, and I've been trying to live up to them and my parents since I found out about them." The group arrived at Sweet Apple Acres, and the Crusaders left Naruto to his business. Moving into the orchard, Naruto found Applejack easily enough, and she was more than happy to see the stallion.

"Howdy there, Naruto," she greeted with a smile. "Am I glad to see you. But uh...ain't ya a little early?" The earth pony just chuckled.

"Yeah, I kinda had a Cutie Mark Crusader Wake-up call," he replied, and the apple farmer just laughed with him.

"Sorry 'bout that," she replied. "Those three can be a hoof-ful." Naruto nodded, reassuring her that he wasn't upset with her little sister. However, that was neither here, nor there, and since he had never actually done any apple-bucking, he had to have Applejack show him how it was done. She was quite impressed at how quickly he got it down. At first, he couldn't even cause the apples to sway, but with the application of chakra into his hind legs, he sent every apple falling. The Mare whistled, showing just how impressed she really was.

"Well, that's one down," she announced, before motioning with her front hooves the massive number of trees they had yet to go. "But we still got a lot to go if we're gonna get the harvest back on track."

"Well, how about I speed things along," he replied, channeling his chakra and clapping his hooves together, imagining in his mind the cross-shaped symbol used for the shadow clone jutsu. Applejack had to step back in shock and awe at the hundred clones now standing at a tree each.

"Ah...ah knew you could copy yourself...but ah didn't know y'all could make this many!" she exclaimed, and Naruto just chuckled with glee as he gave the mare a big smile.

"Please," he said "Don't go underestimating me. I can make at least ten times this many clones before I start to tire." The farm mare was flabbergasted. To say the work went quite a bit faster than Applejack expected was a severe understatement. She had never seen so much bucking get done in such a short period of time. At the rate they were working, the harvest was not only back on schedule, they would finish ahead of time. And less time in the orchard meant more time selling the product, which meant more money for the farm.

"Dang. Ah really should be paying you more," Applejack said, and Naruto groaned, bucking another tree as he did so.

"Come on, AJ, we've been through this. You're a friend, so I shouldn't even be charging you. All those friendship reports Twilight goes on about and you haven't learned that friends are supposed to help each other?"

"I know that, but you need help too. You need these bits until you start getting paid for being an ambassador. I know y'all ain't comfortable havin' Twilight payin' fer your food and such." Naruto growled. While he hated to admit it, the stubborn Mare did have a point.

"Well, then pay me what we agreed, and that'll be the end of it," he announced, but Applejack shook her head.

"With all the help you're givin' us? You deserve way more than that."

"But this is nothing. It's not a big effort to make this many clones, and it's not like I have to feed them," Naruto argued, but Applejack would hear nothing of it.

"But you're still gettin' the work done, and fast too," she rebuffed. "Ah feel like you're gettin' cheated, and as the Element of Honesty, ah ain't havin' none of that." The two were now quite literally butting heads.

"You'll pay me what we agreed upon, and no more," grunted Naruto, pressing harder to try and force the stubborn mare back, but she matched his strength.

"Ah'm payin' you what y'all earned!" she replied through grit teeth.

"I refuse to accept," Naruto growled.

"And ah refuse your refusal!" Applejack proclaimed, her voice starting to raise.

"Am I interrupting something?" The eyes of Stallion and Mare both looked to the side to see Konohamaru leaning against a tree, snickering at the two. Realizing why exactly the colt was chuckling, they pulled their faces apart, cheeks reddened. "Do you two wanna be alone so you can finish your lovers' spat?" As the younger shinobi laughed, he didn't take notice of the tick mark appearing on the face of his boss until said ninja wrapped a hoof around him.

"Excuse me for a second," he told Applejack, who like himself was thoroughly irritated with Konohamaru's teasing. In a swirl of wind, the two had vanished, leaving behind only a few drifting leaves.

The two appeared outside the clubhouse of the three Cutie Mark Crusaders. Konohamaru's eyes went wide and he frantically pleaded with Naruto. But it was all for naught as Naruto unleashed a mighty mule-kick sending the younger ninja flying inside, causing squeals of delight from the three fillies. The blonde snickered a bit, before using the shunshin to return to Applejack. Unfortunately, when he got back, two sacs of bits were thrown at him. Twisting and knocking them back over to Applejack, he glared.

"I told you, only what we agreed on. I'm not gonna charge a friend as much as anyone else," he said. Applejack shared his glare.

"And ah told you, you need the bits more 'n we do, least til y'all are settled in," she said, kicking the bags of bits back at the blonde, who caught the first, before adding only the amount the two had earlier discussed into his own wallet. He then promptly dropped the rest on the ground and began trotting away, prompting wide-eyes from the farm pony, before they narrowed again and she growled. "That stallion is as stubborn as a mule."

"Eeyup," a new voice agreed, her brother Big Macintosh, who had watched the whole scene. "'Course, he ain't the only pony. You ain't exactly a very easy pony to deal with either. Or did y'all forget about that, Ms. Ah-can-harvest-all-them-apples-by-myself?" Her brother rarely spoke more than a few words, but Applejack had to admit, when he did speak, he usually had a point. She had the decency to look sheepish, before grabbing the discarded bags of bits and taking off after the stallion.

Big Mac just shook his head, before trotting off in the opposite direction. "One o' these days I'm gonna have to have a looooooong talk with that Mare."

Author's Note:

Chapter end

Peace to all my Fans

Fan of Fanfics