• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 399 Views, 0 Comments

Diary of Jack Maripony: Soldier in the pony-griffon war - BronyBrewster



A story of ponified Vietnam told with diary entries.

  • ...
 0
 399

Chapter 4

August 27, 1969

Due to the death of Hollywood I got assigned with gut buster as my spotter. I’m glad it’s him. He’s fun to be around. I see now why they call him gut buster. We were telling jokes today and I told one that everyone loved and gut buster broke out into the most deep, loud, whole-hearted laughs I’ve ever heard.

We go out on a stakeout tonight. Hope all goes well.

August 28, 1969

I’m a killer. I’ve ended somepony’s life. Last night during the stakeout Gut Buster spotted a griffin patrol moving toward our camp. I had to take them out. I killed 4 of them before they even knew what was happening. The last one I looked straight in the eyes as I levitated the rifle and pulled the trigger. They probably had families, friends, and girls. And I took that away from all of them. I’m a monster.



September 1, 1969

We were telling stories today and an officer told us about his experience at the Ponoi Hilton. He and his squad mates all got sent there 2 years back. He told us about how poorly the griffons treated the prisoners. He said they crammed 20 or 30 ponies into closet sized rooms and had to stay there for days at a time until they let them out for food that wasn’t even edible, but they had to eat anyway.

That story got me thinking, why are we really here, fighting this war. Is it for a good cause? Or are we just blindly sending ponies to their deaths.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment