• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 4,367 Views, 101 Comments

What Gods Fear - SCP Pinkamena



Twilight Sparkle and her friends search for godly weapons after being tasked by Princess Celestia, but what other secrets will they find when searching for them?

  • ...
8
 101
 4,367

Highlander's Grief (Nemesis Whip)

I have lived as a warrior... I have died as a God...


"The Northern Roosts! That's were Gilda lives, we can't go there!" Rainbow Dash said, darting back and forth in the air. "We can't go there, no! No way, no how!" She said crossing her forelegs. Most of her friends, even Princess Celestia, gave her a confused look.

"And may we ask why, Rainbow Dash?" Rarity said stepping forward, and Rainbow only shook her head. "And why not?"

"...Because I made a promise to never go back there... I promised Mom to never go back to the Northern Roosts" Rainbow confessed, only for Fluttershy gasped and zipped by her side, rubbing her back and holding her close.

While her friends were trying to put this together, Celestia already came to the conclusion of why this strong pegasus was about to cry. Fluttershy looked down at her friends then back at Celestia who nodded and came forward. "You can talk to Princess Celestia, Dashie. You can tell her, I'll take the rest of the girls and bring them somewhere so they don't have to listen. Okay?" Fluttershy asked Rainbow Dash, who hesitantly nodded and, together with the princess, walked to a more secure room.

"So Rainbow Dash," Celestia pushed, "what seems to be troubling you?" Rainbow stopped hovering and began walking next to her.

She took a breath began to speak. "Princess, do you ever remember your mother?" Rainbow asked the Immortal.

Celestia stopped herself, and thought about it. "Yes? I remember her quite often." She said looking at Dash who was already waning her mask. A tear already began to snake down her cheek but she stayed calm.

"The griffons in the Roosts... they killed my mother, Firefly, in front of me... She owed one a debt and... she screamed so loud! I-- I HAD to do something! But I was too scared, and by the time they left... she wasn't completely dead. I came out of the closet I was hiding in, she asked me to stay away from the Roosts, lest I be in her place. She made me promise, and at that time I knew Pinkie Pie and Flutters... So I did the Pinkie Promise and she laughed..." Tears now began to run freely down her face dropping on the ground, "and that was all I heard from her... When I saw her more thoroughly, I noticed mark, a swirl with three marks on top. Well, turns out, my friend Gilda was one of the griffons that killed her."

Celestia was in shock, if her math was right, the griffons had violated a 500 year old treaty. Griffons killing one of her subjects without her knowledge... "But that's not the worst part...I didn't know until fifteen years AFTER it happened... It happened at Ponyville a few years ago..."

________________________

"Yo! Gilda! Where are you? Gilda--" Rainbow stopped and stared at the horror in front of her. Her friend Gilda, having maimed a doe and her fawn, but that's not what caught her attention. On both, a swirl with three marks above it.

Gilda finally noticed Dash and turned to her. "Oh, hey Dash. Sorry I got a little hungry, but I saved some fish for ya." She said pulling out a fish from her bag. Rainbow stared at the fish for what felt like forever, still seeing the symbol in her head. She knew that each griffon had to mark their kills with a simple symbol, a symbol that made that kill their property, and she remembered seeing that on her mother...

"He--hey... Did I ever tell you about my Mom?" She said, her voice wavering. "She-- she died when she was attacked by griffons in my home, she said she owed a debt and she had the money... but that's not what they wanted..." Rainbow told as she got closer and closer to Gilda. The griffon began backing up a little, somewhat fearing her friends' look. "She told me to hide somewhere and I hid in the closet in the living room, the door was one of those thin panel doors ya'know? Well, I watched it all, I saw her give the griffons the bits, saw her begging them to leave her alone in peace... but the largest male there told his daughter to slaughter her like a pig!" She yelled, no in Gilda's face. "It was you!"

"Dash, I've done alot of bad things, but I don't which one you're talking about!"

"Firefly..." Dash said in a low voice. "Her name was Firefly... Pink coat? Blue mane? Blue thunderbolt cutie mark? Seem familiar?!"

Gilda stepped back and fell on the ground looking up at her. "Dash, I-- I didn't know--"

"Of course you didn't fucking know! The only reason why I know it was you who did it, is that symbol, right there on the fish... That is what you craved into my mother, that it what is stuck in my mind! That! Is why, I'm like this! A hack who takes pride in herself and shows off all the time! That is who you made!!" Rainbow wiped around and bucked Gilda's face. She felt a small crack and Gilda's muffled screaming, and her hoof hurt too... When she looked she saw a small yellow sliver inside her hoof.

A piece of Gilda's beak.

She pulled out the little piece and stared at the bird before her. "Leave... before I do what you did to my mother..." She hissed at her before the griffon took flight, still holding her blood covered mouth.
________________________

Celestia listened well as Rainbow Dash finished the story. Never once had a tale like this ever grace her ears... "So, that's the reason you don't want to go to the Roosts? ...I'm sorry Rainbow, but I need you to do this for me, for Equestria, "She leaned down to look her in the eye, "for the world..." Rainbow weighed her options before nodding her head and thanking her for getting it off her chest.

Celestia nodded and in a flash of light, they were both in the main room. "Well, my little ponies," She announced, "I will get the balloon ready for your journey there. I wish you all the best of luck."

After a mere one hour, they had air balloon was ready, and they soon floated off to the Northern Roosts, and on the way there, they saw odd amounts of a greenish lightning...

Author's Note:

Hooray, Rainbow backstory!