• Published 20th Jul 2013
  • 8,168 Views, 314 Comments

Gargoyle - Mr101



"Waking up in Equestria as a seven foot Gargoyle wasn't on my to-do list, and I’m now apparently the last hope for this world..."

  • ...
27
 314
 8,168

Chapter I - Waking up.

Gargoyle.

Chapter I - Waking up.



I groaned as I sat up and winced, sucking a sharp inhale through my teeth as my head pounded, I tried looking around me to see where I was but all I could see was nothing.

Literally nothing.

“What the hell? Why the fuck can’t I see anything?”

I could feel my heart begin to race; I scrambled to my feet in the darkness and began to walk, my feet echoing all around me.

“Ok what the fuck is going on!?” I shouted.

I began to run, I didn’t know where the fuck I was going but I didn’t care, my footsteps echoed all around me making me panic more. I began to pant heavily as I felt my chest tighten and sweat began to drip from my forehead, I suddenly tripped over my own feet and tumbled into the ground lying on my back, panting heavily

Where the hell was I? Why couldn’t I fucking see anything? I could feel my eyes water up as I panicked.

‘Ok Scott… you need to calm down or you’re going to have a fucking panic attack!’ I shouted in my head.

I closed my eyes and started to take long, heavy breaths as I tried to calm myself down. Letting out a sigh as I felt my heart beat slow down and opened my eyes, still looking into darkness. I tried to force myself to think of things that could have brought me here, but that was proving difficult as I couldn’t remember anything that had happened.

As I tried to understand what the fuck was going on, I pondered the possibility that I might have been dreaming, maybe I was unconscious? I could be in a hospital bed or something and the doctors are trying to wake me up.

“Yeah… that’s gotta be it!” I chuckled with a hint of uncertainty.

Can you hear me?” A female voice whispered.

My eyes immediately winded as I bolted upright and frantically looked around the area, forgetting momentarily that I was in pitch darkness.

“Who’s that?! Show yourself!” I shouted raising my fists up in defence.

Please… you need to calm down, I mean you no harm.”

I lowered my arms slowly, something about her voice was… soothing, like a mother talking to a child.

“Ok… now can you please tell me what the hell is going on?” I asked.

“My name is Princess Luna… you were brought here, by me, to help us,” She replied.

“What do you mean?” I questioned.

“Our world, Equestria, is in grave danger. A dark evil that was sealed away thousands of years ago will soon return and only a hero from beyond our world can help us, you are the only one who can save us now.”

“Wait… wait… what do you mean Equestria, there’s no such place! And what the hell do you mean ‘A dark evil’? ”

Before she could answer, I felt myself getting light headed and a low hum echoed around me.

“W-what the fuck?!” I cried in alarm as I felt myself getting woozy.

“You are waking up… please hurry to us, we’re not sure as to how long we have left before it arrives... and your arrival was… somewhat complicated...”

“What the fuck do you mean complicated?! What’s going on!?”

“I will try to speak with you soon… please, hurry yourself to Equestria, before it is too late...”

I didn’t hear the last part due to how loud the humming had gotten, before I could try and get an answer I collapsed to the floor and my mind went blank.


Luna’s POV

I felt the connection between me and him suddenly fade out as he woke up, I gasped as I cancelled the magic in my horn and lay on my bed panting, beside me was Twilight Sparkle and my other side was my sister Celestia.

“Are you ok Luna?” Celestia asked.

“I am fine… just a little tired,” I replied with a reassuring smile.

“Did the spell work, Luna?” Celestia said.

“He has… but there’s a complication.”

“What do you mean?” Twilight asked.

“He is in our world, but not in Equestria…”

Twilight looked at me in confused silence as I let out a sigh.

“So… he is in one of the other countries?” Celestia asked.

“I believe so, yes, before I lost contact with him I was able to tell him where to meet us, though, I’m not sure how long it will take…”

“Can’t we just use our magic to find him?” Twilight suggested.

“I’m afraid not.” Celestia started. “Ever since the Ninth star appeared, we’ve noticed a change in the magical energy that surrounds our world, and the Demon King’s magic has already begun to seep into it, interfering with our magic slightly effectively making it impossible to fully locate him.”

“But, I can still speak with him in his dreams, though.” I added. “I will have to wait till he next falls asleep before I can contact him again.”

“I hope he’s alright…” Twilight said softly.

“As do we, Twilight,” Celestia replied.

There was a long silence as we all looked from at one another, waiting for one of us to say something next.

“Then I say for the meantime, we prepare ourselves, Twilight, can you ready invitations to the other dignitaries? There is much we need to discuss with them.” Celestia asked her.

“Of course… does this include…?” Twilight started.

“As much as I hate to say it, yes, it concerns Queen Chrysalis as well, the meeting will be held in secret as to not alarm our subjects,” Celestia replied.

Twilight nodded as she left the room, leaving me and Celestia by ourselves. She looked over at me and nuzzled my cheek softly with a smile; I smiled back and nuzzled hers in return.

“You should get some rest Luna… you need it.” She said softly to me.

“Very well… I’ll be up in a few hours to take over the courts.” I nodded to her.

I watched as she left my chambers and slowly closed the door, with a sigh I leant my head down against the coolness of my pillows and closed my eyes. It had been a hectic couple of weeks for Twilight, my sister and I.

Since her coronation, she had spent much of her time in Canterlot, being taught proper Royal Etiquette by Celestia along with Blueblood, who much to our surprise had recently been going out of his way to better himself in the eyes of the public. This had made Celestia and myself immensely proud; proud that he had worked out the path he was walking was one that would’ve led to his unhappiness in the future.

During her time here, she had spent many a hour in the Archives during her free time especially in the sections that concerned the other races. I’d sometimes wonder to the Archives late at night and find her studying up on things like, how the Griffin Empire was founded, traditional dragon customs and other cultures that lived in harmony alongside of us.

We would spend the night reading and talking about what she had learned, even in her Princess-hood she never stopped studying. On some nights – kept a secret from my sister of course- I would invite her to observe me raising the night sky and on some nights, we would do it together.

Then… one night I began to notice something was… wrong.

It happened about a month ago, it was like any other normal night. Celestia had finished with the day courts and had said her goodnights to myself and Twilight before heading off to sleep, Twilight and I had gone out to the balcony to prepare for the rising of the moon and this was one of the occasions that I allowed Twilight to try it by herself.

At first, she struggled a little bit but soon was able to lift the moon, bouncing around me in glee at her success and we soon sat down to enjoy the night sky over a pot of tea.

That’s when I had noticed it.

As the ruler of the night, I have the power to feel every star in my night sky, and on this particular night I made a note that one of the stars felt… wrong.

As if it didn’t belong.

This one star was soon joined by two, then three, then four and before long I could feel eight stars that didn’t feel right. Twilight had become concerned for me as my face apparently looked worried, I told her that some of the stars felt wrong and pointed them each out, as she looked she noticed that they all formed into an eight pointed star and inside this star, was what she could only describe was a small skull constellation that was made of regular stars.

Then it appeared.

We watched in surprise as a ninth star appeared in the centre of the skull's forehead and all nine began to shine slightly brighter than the others stars before stopping and returning to a normal glow. I couldn’t help at the time feel slightly uncomfortable about it and I couldn’t help staring at it, Twilight then suggested going to the archives to do research into symbols, given that it resembled a symbol or insignia of sorts.

I lost count on how many hours we had spent in the archives, shifting through book after book after book and finding nothing. By then, Celestia had appeared wondering why the moon hadn’t been lowered and at first she had seemed annoyed at me until Twilight and I explained why we were down there. The facial expression she had after hearing us out made Twilight and I slightly concerned, she quickly began to hurry deeper into the archives with Twilight and I following close behind her.

She led us to a hidden room which even I had no knowledge of and showed us an ancient book of legends from before the Kingdom was formed, I had asked her why she was showing us a book about legends and she replied saying the symbol we had described in the stars felt oddly familiar to her, something our mother had told us thousands of years ago. As she searched through the book she finally found what she was after and her eyes widened in shock, and fear.

A prophecy, one that depicted the return of an ancient evil, an evil that was even older than the first alicorn that was born into the word.


‘When Chaos rises & falls,
When the rule of Shadows falls to Harmony,
When the Night rises & falls,
When the Night returns to rectify its past,
When Chaos rises & falls once more,
When the power of the heart, vanquishes evil,
When the Shadows return and fall to a united crystal,
When Chaos returns to rectify its past,
When the lessons of a student, blossom into leadership,
Tartarus will open its gates…’

I remember feeling very cold as I read those words, all of us worked out fairly quickly that each line was referring to an event that had happened in the last thousand years. Discord’s fall from his reign of Equestria, Our victory over King Sombra, my banishment as Nightmare Moon and my return, Discords return and fall at the hands of the Elements, the failed Changeling invasion, the second defeat of King Sombra, Discord’s reformation and the last one… Twilight's coronation.

I had glanced over at Twilight as I finished reading that paragraph and she had gone a deathly pale before I returned to reading the last part of the prophecy.

Those words still haunt me.


‘When this prophecy is fulfilled,
The Nine Dark Stars will align in the mark of the Demon King and Tartarus will weaken,
Allowing the ancient evils that dwell within its walls to break free and lay waste upon the land.
Allowing the Demon King to lead his horde across the world once again…


Only the hero of stone, summoned from beyond the void, can truly destroy this evil…’


I had swallowed and looked to Celestia who was now looking at the book with fear in her eyes, we had then spent the next month scouring the archives trying to find the spell that would summon this hero to us as the prophecy book did not contain the spell we needed.

We had found the spell book last night and casting the spell had been exhausting, as we cast it we felt something interrupt us momentarily which caused me to lose control of where the hero had landed in our world.

I sighed as I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep, just hoping he would find Equestria quickly and in one piece.


Scott’s POV

Warmth.

That was the first thing I felt as I began to regain consciousness.

With a grunt I slowly sat up and opened my eyes, blinking rapidly as I got used to the brightness.

I was shocked at where I was.

It was the middle of the day, judging from the heat of the sun, and of all places I could wake up in I was in a forest. The grass felt soft beneath me and a nice crisp breeze blew over me, I groaned in pain as my throbbing headache came back and I rubbed my head softly.

That’s when I realised - other than the crazy shit with the blackness and the forest - something was truly wrong.

My skin felt… different.

I looked at my arm and screamed loudly, my eyes widening as I started to scramble backwards.

My arm had a leather vambrace, and my arm was grey.

FUCKING GREY!

I began to hyperventilate as I stared at my arm and the clawed hand attached to it, looking between both my arms as they shook violently. I could feel my heart beating rapidly as I began to freak out more and more.

Mirror, I need a mirror!” I shouted in my head.

Standing up I felt something land on the ground behind me and I stupidly looked behind me, before screaming in terror again.

Dragging behind me was a long, grey tail.

Shaking as I stared at it I slowly raised my hands up and used my hands to feel my face, I choked back a cry as I felt two large horns protruding from my head.

“I NEED A FUCKING MIRROR!” I suddenly shouted.

Taking off like a rocket, I began to run through the forest, all the while looking around in a panic trying to find something that would allow me to look at myself. I came to a screeching halt as I heard the unmistaken sound of water, maybe in a stream or something, but it was better than nothing as I could use the water to view my reflection.

Running towards where I could hear it, I soon came to a small stream and fell to my knees and looked into the water.

I wanted to scream at what I saw... but all that came out was incoherent babbling of disbelief.

Author's Note:

[Edited version to come.] Any errors, feel free to let me know!