• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 345 Views, 4 Comments

Cabin Wood's Day At Work - Mexican Brony 101



Cabin wood is bored, having had the career and life she hoped for, but now she wants more. She currently works at the train food business serving treats to strangers.

  • ...
0
 4
 345

The train to Canterlot.

It’s a sunny day. The sky is clear with winds up to 10 miles per hour (16 kph) . A white unicorn mare with different shades of pink hair, is seen boarding the train to Canterlot. She makes her way past an employee door. She then looks around and sees many cooks working in what seems to be an kitchen; mostly mares looking as though they hadn't sleep for days. She greets one of them as she heads to her working place at the next door over. She sits down on a revolving chair, and stares at the clock above her.

“4:55” She says, thinking out loud. “Well I guess I could clock in at 5:00. It’s not like I have a boss breathing down my neck anymore.”

She sits down at her desk, kicking her feet up, while leaning back on a rotating seat.

“Ahh…gotta love being the boss”

Of course she wasn’t the boss of the train employees. That privilege goes to the corporation of Canterlot. No, this mare was her own boss in the way that, she alone, was in charge of food given in the train.

Her previous job, before her boss quit of low pay, was that she would buy the supplies for the treats and catering of the food cart; so that her boss could pass them out to the customers. But now she has to do both jobs. To her, buying the supplies was extremely easy, but the job had low pay, so she wasn't happy. Her boss would even go as far as having her run to the store for useless demands the customer would never even think to buy. So she was now finally happy, getting just the right amount of pay. Though the job had become too repetitive, and she began getting sick of it little by little after 4 weeks into it.

Five minutes pass by. She sighs as she clocks in from the computer. She goes to the closet and pulls out a steel sweet with lots of baked goods like catering and candy. She pushes the cart against the door leading to the passenger entrance. She stops in front of the door as it closes behind her, and says her usual lines.

“Anypony want any candy or fresh caters” She said to the three mares occupying the room.

The mares are none other than Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy, behind them are there luggage, looks like enough to pack for a few days at least. Twilight trots to the mare appearing to be in thought, then stops in front of the cart.

“I would like one banana cupcake, and… Pinkie, what would you like?” Twilght added.

Pinkie Pie dashed toward the white mare, and stopped right in front of the cart.

“Ooh! Do you have corn cakes?” Pinkie Pie blurted out, sounding a bit too excited.

“Umm? Yes” Cabin responded.

The mare’s horn starts glowing red. A small box at the bottom of the cart starts to glow. She takes out the corn cake, and set it on Pinkie Pies hoof. Pinkie runs off, eating her goods as she goes.

“That’ll be three bits,” Cabin said with haste.

Twilight handed the mare her money. Then turned back and caght sigh of the hungry hungry Pinkie Pie enjoying her elf to her corn cakes.

“Fluttershy, don’t you want anything?” Twilight sounds concerned.

“… Umm… no it’s ok, I… I ate at home,”

“You sure?”

Fluttershy slowly nods.

“Will that be all?” She tries to get this over with, since they were the only ones on the train.

“Yes,” Twilight says to her.

She puts the bits into a small metal box, one by one. Then finishes, making her way out the door pushing the cart out in front of her.

Without saying a goodbye she heads out. A red glow covers the door handle, shutting the door with a loud noise. The three twitch from the loud noise. She puts away the cart. She sighs and sits back down on her chair kicking her legs up once as she did before.

“Wow, this job is so much easyer when royal gests come to viset. There’s like no one else here on the train.”

She pulls out a newspaper from her desk, and begins reading the head liner.

“Security increase in Canterlot”

She pauses for a bit, examining the title. She continues reading the story.

“Ever since the Canterlot wedding with Princess Cadence and the Captain of the Royal Guard, officials have spoken to Luna and Celestia about the crisis. Luna and Celestia recommend that guard enforcement, of special events, be made with unicorns who can I identify such changlings….In other news”-

Cabin loses interest and puts the newspaper away. She sighs with boredom and begins playing around with an old piece cardboard. She gets a box cutter and pretends to be an assassin by cutting her initials into the front of it.

“Wow! Am I really this bored?” She smiles to herself in disbelief that she just did that.

She puts away the cutter and cardboard under her seat.

“Is this what I’m going to do for the rest of my life?”- She shakes head. -“Of course not! I need to get myself a hobby.”
She looks at a small mirror behind her seat.

“Well, I could do stand up? Just think about the fans I’ll get for that!”

She always wanted a small job, and to live in a small home, but now that she had those things, she wanted more.

“Maybe I could use my quick puns with the audience…Yeah that’ll be a cinch.”

She begins to daydream picturing a scenario in her head where she’s on stage in front of a community theater, holding a microphone with her magic.

“So anyways, these kids where throwing dirtballs at me that they got off the ground beneath them, and guess what I told them… Those who throw dirt are sure to lose ground.”
The crowd went wild at her joke, and began calling out her name in cheer.

“Ok try this one on for size. As I left the club, I fell down, next to the exit. And when I woke up I didn't have the faintest idea as to why I passed out.”

Before the crowd could react she woke up with a snap. The train had stopped and her seat was pushed against the wall.

“Oh well…Fantasies will have to wait.”

Author's Note:

Well this is my first short story. Hopefully you liked this short thing I put together here.