• Published 5th Jul 2013
  • 335 Views, 2 Comments

Warmth in an Arctic Jungle - HonorInDefeat



Two friends with unresolved feelings lose themselves in enemy territory

  • ...
2
 2
 335

Canterlot Bound

“How in the hell are you so sure they went this way?”

“The trail of gunfire and dead bodies is a clue, sir!”

“Foxtrot India Mike, break off into that chamber”
On cue, four members of the Equestria Ground Troops stormed in.

“Sir! They’re in here!”
Flash Sentry entered the chamber.

“Well isn’t this romantic? Team Kitten Whispers got some privacy while the rest of us went looking for them. How in the hell did you end up out here anyways?”

Soarin was still shocked to see other ponies, so Armor spoke “Navigation error, sir!”

“Couldn’t help but notice. Anyways, c’mon. You’re our last objective; Mission accomplished.” Now Armor was shocked. “I thought this was a two week mapping and scouting expedition of enemy territory”. Another soldier spoke up: “

“I guess you guys have been out of the loop. The war’s over.”

“How?”

“Equestrian Military overran the capital last night. Turns out the Embargo was more effective than we thought. When we got to Griffon City, there was almost no resistance.”

“Well that’s good news” Soarin said, still a bit out of it.

“Yeah, we’re just mopping up local resistances now. Giving medicine to cubs and stuff. At any rate, there’s no reason for professional soldiers to come back to this Icy Tropic Hellhole”
“KITTEN WHISPERS! GET THE HELL UP HERE” Flash Sentry was in no mood to wait, so the conversation continued as the three made their way up to the mouth of the cave.

“Just in time too. Rumor has it that Griff was developing some kind of vehicle”

“Vehicle?” Soarin asked

“Yeah, some kind of thing that can fly close to the ground at low speed, hover in air like a hummingbird too. Probably not true though.” Soarin and Armor eyed each other suspiciously. Higher-ups were calling it a felladopplar or something like that.”

The trip back to the airfield was a blur, it was late by the time they boarded the plane back to Canterlot. Most of the passengers slept soundly for the trip. Soarin and Shining Armor stayed up and listened to reports of celebration in the streets all over Equestria, and even in Griffon Villages. Soarin looked around to make sure everyone else was asleep.

“Hey Armor”

“Yeah Soarin?”

“We never actually-”

“I know...”

“Think we’ll ever pick up where we left off?”

“Maybe. I hope so”

“But what about-”
Shining Armor gently kissed Soarin’s cheek.

“Don’t worry. With you and me, things somehow always seem to work out”
That was all either of them needed. As their plane entered the air over Canterlot, they fell asleep in each other's arms.

Author's Note:

Epilogue: They got married and lived together in a pumpkin. The End

Comments ( 2 )

Oh god, why did I even:pinkiesick:

2827466
You did it for games man. You did it for games.

:pinkiehappy:AND IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!

Login or register to comment