• Published 2nd Jul 2013
  • 4,785 Views, 131 Comments

Thirty Moons Later... - glidergirl



Pinkie Pie misses Twilight, even after over two years. But she finds out the portal is open and goes in. Let's hope she doesn't get into trouble.

  • ...
4
 131
 4,785

Chapter 2

Pinkie Pie quickly got off the train when it arrived, a grin plastered on her face as she looked around at all the colorful ponies. She could hardly believe what was happening. She was a pony, in a pony world, about to see Twilight again. She squealed to herself, happily skipping away from the train station.

With widened eyes, Pinkie looked around at the beautiful town of Ponyville. It was quaint but pretty, with ponies trotting along the roads. There was a school house, a boutique, an apple stand, a-

Pinkie let out a flabbergasted gasp when she saw the apple stand. Is that Applejack?! She squealed in her mind, running over to her. But when she got closer, she realized it was a pony, not Applejack.

“Oh, howdy Pinkie.”

Pinkie Pie quickly turned back to the orange mare, who was smiling at her as if they knew each other. She sounded just like Applejack. “I thought ya’ll were working heavy at Sugarcube Corner today.”

“Wait, you know me? I’m Pinkie Pie…” She gasped when she came to a realization. “I am in Ponyville! And if there’s me and you, then everybody else should be here too! Applejack, where’s Twilight?”

Applejack blinked in confusion. “Uh…where she’s always at?”

“Which is where?”

“At the library?

“And where’s that?”

“Thataway.” Applejack pointed her hoof towards a huge tree, with windows and a door and even a balcony.

Pinkie Pie squealed. “Thanksies!” she bolted towards the said library, leaving confused Applejack behind. But, the country pony was used to these type of antics by now and simply shook her head and went back to running the apple stand.

---

Pinkie knocked on the library door, shaking excitedly as she waited for someone to open it. When the door did swing open, she thought she was gonna shoot off like a rocket at who she saw. “Oh, hi Pinkie Pie.” Spike said, smiling up at the hyper filly.

Spike!” She squealed, tackling him to the ground. “Ooh, I missed you so much!” She squeezed the life out of the baby dragon.

“Uh...Pinkie? We just saw each other an hour ago. I bought a sapphire cupcake.”

“Well of course you saw me an hour ago, but I’m me! Ooh, I didn’t think a dragon would be cuter then a dog!” Pinkie Pie squeaked, finally letting Spike go, grinning at him.

“A dog? What are you talking abou-“ The baby dragon’s voice fell short when he remembered. Two years ago, exactly thirty moons ago…He ran up the stairs of the library, where Twilight sat there reading, leaving a leaping Pinkie Pie.

“Twilight, we have a problem.”

Twilight Sparkle turned her head to look at Spike with a confused look. “What, you need help finding a book?” she asked.

Spike shook his head. “No, bigger. Pinkie Pie’s here.”

Twilight chuckled. “You can deal with Pinkie on your own can’t you? Besides, she doesn’t have much of a problem finding books-“

“No, Pinkie Pie’s here. Not our Pinkie Pie.”

Twilight sighed, shutting her book and standing to her feet, looking down at the pink pony below. “She looks like Pinkie to me.” She spread her wings and flew down to the bottom floor, smiling at Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie looked over at the purple alicorn, her eyes widening as well as her grin. “Twilight!” she screamed, leaping towards her for a hug, squeezing her tightly. “I missed you so much; I have so much to tell you! And you have so much to tell me. You really are a pony princess. It’s so amazing; I can’t believe this is happening. Did you miss me, or have you forgotten about me? Well you do have your own me as a pony, so maybe you haven’t. But if you have, it’s me! Pinkie Pie!”

Twilight stared at Pinkie, confusion filling her expression. “Uh…slow down. Now, what do you mean you miss me? When was the last time you saw me?”

“Like, forever ago!”

“Give me an exact time.”

“Hmm…two years? You came to Canterlot High to get your crown back from Sunset Shimmer.”

Twilight’s jaw dropped. “I…you…what?!”

“Yeah! And I found out the portal in that horsey statue was open and I went through it. And now I’m a pony! Isn’t this great?!”

“No! This isn’t great! What if you don’t get back within three days to go home? What if-“ Twilight stopped herself, using the breathing technique Cadence taught her to calm down. She inhaled through her nose, bringing her hoof to her chest and exhaled through her mouth, gently swinging her hoof forward. “Pinkie, it’s great to see you again. I've missed you and Applejack and Fluttershy and Rarity and Rainbow Dash so much. But this isn't your world. You…you don’t belong here.”

“Oh but can’t I stay for as long as I can? I need to catch up with you and meet your friends! Oh, and what would happen if I met your friend Pinkie Pie?”

“I…I don’t know. I didn’t meet myself in your world, and Princess Celestia never mentioned-“

Pinkie Pie gasped. “You have a Celestia in your world too?!”

“Y-yes, except she’s not a principal, she’s a princess. Princess of all of Equestria actually. She raises the sun every day and her sister, Princess Luna, raises the moon.”

“That is so cool! This is so exciting; I can’t wait to meet everyone else!” Pinkie giggled, hopping out the door.

Twilight’s eyes widened. “Wait, Pinkie! Don’t-“ Twilight groaned. “I was gonna write to Princess Celestia about this before she left.” She grumbled.

Spike came out from under the desk. "So...That was Pinkie Pie from that other world? But how did she get here?"

Twilight sighed. "She must've came through the portal. She seems like the type of pony-well, person," Twilight felt weird whenever she said that word, since it was so alien to her. "That would check the portal a lot. Remember when she wouldn't stop checking her mail box for a letter from Rainbow Dash?"

Spike nodded. "So what now?"

Twilight walked over to her desk, parchment, quill, and ink all set up for a letter. “I going to inform the Princess about this situation...before something goes wrong."