• Published 27th Feb 2012
  • 1,664 Views, 20 Comments

The "Twilight" Zone - Thatonepony9495



The Mane 6 are sent to the human dimension by accident where they meet 3 bronies

  • ...
2
 20
 1,664

Chapter 4

The “Twilight” Zone

Created by:

Thatoneguy9495

DarkMephiles

Ben_is_not_dead_yet

Ch. 4

I shake my head, hoping to get whatever was bothering me away. I want to sleep some more but I feel it again. I open my eyes and see Fluttershy touching my forehead. I sit up, making her back away a little. I’m breathing more than usual. I look at my bedside clock. 6:22 a.m. I slept for 7 hours? I still feel tired though. Rubbing my eyes, Fluttershy starts talking to me.

“Um...Mark, is it? Are you okay?” She says, scooting back next to me.

“Yea, I’m okay, I guess. I just had the craziest dream. I had a dream about Nightmare Moon. It felt like a dream, but the more I think about it, the more it seems like more of a vision.” I say, wiping the sweat off my brow.

AJ jumps up on the bed also. “I hope you ARE okay. You’ve been thrashing around all night. Kept us up.”

“I’m sorry about that. It’s just...wow...it seemed so real.” I get up off my bed and slip my jeans on over my pajamas. I change into a different shirt. I take a second glance at my clock to check the date. It’s a Saturday, March 14th.

“Come on, let’s go downstairs for some breakfast.” I’m still thinking about the note in my head as I head downstairs with AJ and Fluttershy. When we get to the kitchen, I see Ben and Hunter getting breakfast ready. I check the clock again. 6:45 a.m. (gee, time sure flies, doesn’t it?) Why are we all up already? On Saturdays, I’m usually up at like 8 and play games until everyone else is up. I take a seat and lay my head on the table. Ben turns around and sees me.

“So you had a tough night sleeping too, huh?” Ben says, flipping some of the hash browns in the pan. I guess he remembered that the ponies are vegetarian. But he still makes eggs for me and Hunter. Hunter sits at the table. The ponies take their usual seats.

I raise my head off the table. “Yea, I had the weirdest dream. At first I was sitting in a field, then I ate a rotten apple. The next thing I know, Nightmare Moon is there, saying something about me being a guardian. She also looked at my flying apple chain and recognized it as one of something called the Trinkets of Trinity.”

Twilight looks over at me. There’s a glaze of tiredness in her eyes. I think these ponies aren’t used to being up this early, with the exception of AJ. But since no one was able to sleep, it makes sense that everyone is dead tired.

“Did you say the Trinkets of Trinity?” Twilight says, “I’ve heard of those. I read about them in the same book about Nightmare Moon and the Elements of Harmony. If I can remember correctly, the trinkets were forged to replace the Elements when they were thought to be lost. But when the Elements were found, there was no need for the trinkets and they were sent to a faraway place to be destroyed. That’s all I was able to read because when I turned to the next page, I could see in the binding remnants of pages that were ripped out.”

Ben puts a plate of hash browns in front of Rarity and Rainbow Dash. “That dream you had, Mark, sounded a lot like mine, only mine took place in a city.” He headed back to the stove to fill up the rest of the plates with breakfast. I helped him place them on the table in front of the remaining ponies.

Every pony instantly stuck their faces in the food and started eating. Every pony besides Rarity. She was just sitting there, waiting, with a disgusted look on her face.

“Hey Rarity, do you want a fork or something?” I said, grabbing a fork from the drawer.

“Yes dear, that would be most helpful.” She says as I put the fork next to her plate. She places her hoof on it, and fails to pick it up. I get an idea. I run to the drawer with all the miscellaneous stuff and grab the roll of tape.

“Okay Rarity, stick out whichever your dominant hoof is.” She sticks out her right foreleg. “Now, do you want the fork on the inside or the outside of your hoof?” She says the outside, so I place the fork on the outside of her hoof and wrap the tape around it, like, 5 times. She sticks the fork into a section of hashbrowns to test the sturdiness, seems satisfied, and proceeds to eat.

“Okay,” I say, taking my seat and starting to eat, “Since Ben had pretty much the same dream I had, what was your dream like, Hunter?” He looked up from his food.

“Umm...It was kind of like both of yours, with Nightmare Moon and everything, but mine didn’t take place in a city or a field. I was floating amongst the clouds.”

Ben was just finishing his food. I didn’t even notice him sitting at the table. “So do you think there’s some kind of hidden meaning to where we were in the dream? It might have something to do with the trinkets.”

Twilight looked long finished with her breakfast. “Probably, but, remember what I said, when I wanted to find out more about them, the pages were ripped out.”

I get up, stack all the plates up, and put them in the sink. “So, now what? Do you ponies wanna see where you really are?”

Fluttershy speaks up. “Oh...I don’t know...what if somepony else sees us? I don’t wanna any extra attention...”

“She does have a point there, Mark” Hunter says, getting up from the table, which gives a signal for the ponies to get up also. Ben gets up too.

He stretches his arms, “What’s the worst that could happen?” I’m still tired so I get everyone into the living room. I throw myself onto the couch. When I turn over from landing facedown, everyone is getting on the couch too. “The worst that could happen is, if we see any other bronies out there, they’re going to do whatever it takes to take them from us.” Rarity looks over at me.

“There...are...others?” She says, with a tremble in her voice.

“Sure there are. There’s a whole fan base about the wide world of Equestria. I’ll explain it on the way to wherever we’re going. So does anyone have any ideas?”

We take some time to discuss places to go. There’s the library, the zoo (Though I don’t think Fluttershy will appreciate the poor animals being locked up), the local racetrack, the party store (so we can finally have that party for Pinkie Pie). The apple orchard wasn’t open this time of year, so that didn’t make it as a choice. There was also...hmm...where would Rarity want to go? I grab the newspaper we were using to find events or locations and I flip through it until I see a page advertising the local fashion show. That could work, but none of us actually wanted to go to one of those with Rarity. There had to be someplace we could compromise on. Maybe we could just drive around and show the ponies various shops around town.

There were only so many hours in a day, and it was already 8:00. We all decide to have that party for Pinkie. I look in the phonebook for the closest party store and find one that doesn’t open until 10. Great. What are we gonna do for two hours? I guess we could drive around, letting the ponies examine the unfamiliar environment until the store opens.

“So it’s settled, we show the ponies around, and then go to the party store to grab supplies for Pinkie’s party.” I get off the couch and go grab my car keys. When I head into the living room, everyone is waiting for me by the front door.

“Okay, is everyone ready?” Everyone nods and we head out the front door. It’s a good thing I have an SUV because I don’t think we would all fit in a mid-size car.

The ponies gasp at all the wonders of the suburbs. I understand because it’s very strange being in a new place. I go over near the car and call the ponies over. They glance over at me and look at the big thing behind me.

“Whoa! What is that?” Rainbow Dash exclaims. She flies over to the side. The other ponies walk over also.

I lean on the car door. “This is a lot like your wagon back home, but it’s self-propelled, no horses needed, and you can go really fast in it.”

“I like going fast!” Dash does a back flip and lands on the roof. I open the back door and let the ponies go in at their leisure. Rainbow Dash is still sitting on the roof, so I let her stay there. I just hope nobody sees her there while we’re going to the store.

I hop into the driver’s seat while Hunter gets shotgun. Ben is fine with getting in the back with the ponies. I start the car, freaking out the ponies. I roll down the window and yell at Dash to hold on tight and stay low. When I start to back up, I look in the rear view mirror and see every pony lean forward. Fluttershy is scared out of her wits. I reassure her that everything’s gonna be fine. I finish pulling out of the driveway and head toward the store. Every once in a while, I checked my mirror to look at what the ponies were doing. They were mostly trying to look out the window while staying steady on their hooves. Pinkie Pie waved at someone in a car, but they seemed to not notice and kept driving.

When I get to a stoplight, I open the window again and check on Rainbow Dash. Someone pulls up next to my car just in time for me to yell up to her.

“Hey! Buddy! What are you yelling at?” The guy in the car glares at me. “It looks like you’re talking to your roof!”

The light turns green and, since I didn’t want to talk to him, I gun it, leaving him sitting there in a bunch of smoke from my exhaust. That was strange. Why did he think I was just talking to the roof of my car? Couldn’t he see a bright blue Pegasus sitting up there? Then I remembered that I was going to talk to the ponies about the brony community. It will still take about 10 minutes to get to the store, so that gives me plenty of time to tell them as much as I can. They listen to Ben, Hunter, and I tell them various things such as all the stories, music, and pictures. I wouldn’t dare tell them about “that” part of the internet though.

We arrive at the party store. Pinkie looks out the front windshield of the car and sees the various colors of the hundreds of balloons sitting in the front window of the store. Then she starts bouncing around the inside of the car. Ben opens the door and she tumbles out, landing on her back. While she’s getting up, everyone else gets out of the car. Rainbow Dash jumps off the roof and lands softly on the pavement.

To my relief, the parking lot has no one in it, just empty cars.

“Okay ponies,” I say, opening the doors to go inside the store. The store must’ve opened early. It was only 9:00. I look at the open hours on the sign on the door. It said it opened at 10 on weekdays and 9 on weekdays. Whoops...

I continue, “Don’t touch anything, for some reason, the guy Pinkie waved at and the guy at the light didn’t notice you. I don’t know why, but maybe no one else will see you in the store. If you touch something, or carry it around, they will definitely see that though. Stick close to us.”

We all get inside and Pinkie instantly runs off down one of the aisles. Ben runs after her and I can see a bunch of people staring at him with weird looks on their faces. I split the rest of us up. Hunter gets Dash and Twilight to get plasticware and streamers. I take AJ and Fluttershy to get a tablecloth and junk food. Rarity joins Ben and Pinkie to get balloons and everything else.

About half an hour later, (yes, it took that long. But that was only because Rarity thought every color clashed with every other color in the store.) We all meet up at the front and pay for the stuff. There’s so much stuff, it fills up the trunk of the SUV and a bit of the space where everyone is sitting in the back.

As we are driving back, I talk with Twilight, Hunter, and Ben about the situation with no one seeing abnormal animals that totally belong here. I’m also thinking about why it’s only the three of us that can see and interact with the ponies. Then Hunter comes up with a probable explanation.

“You know how Nightmare Moon called the special things we have the Trinkets of Trinity? Maybe they’re special because they allow us to let the ponies exist in our dimension. I mean, if we didn’t have these,” he looks at the band on his watch, “we wouldn’t be able to help the ponies go back to their dimension and they would be stuck here forever. Why didn’t Nightmare Moon think about sending the trinkets and the ponies to two separate dimensions?”

I pull into the driveway and everyone helps bring in the party things. We start putting up the stuff and baking the cake. While I’m waiting for the cake to finish baking, I hear a subtle thump that sounded like it came from upstairs. No one else seems to notice because they’re too busy talking and making noises when they put up the streamers and balloons.