• Published 16th Feb 2012
  • 2,636 Views, 30 Comments

Endurance - Symphony

  • ...
3
 30
 2,636

Endurance

The aged dragon took a deep breath. He was resting his head on his arms, who once was small and barely had any real claws. Now, they were long, muscular and had wicked crooked claws. The claws could slice anything in their path. The dragon closed his eyes, remembering simpler times, times when he was nothing more than a baby. All the time he spent swooning after a white unicorn, all the time he spent with a certain lavender mare. He exhaled slowly, making a small black cloud of smoke escape his nostrils. He opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was his large purple arm. He groaned as he looked around in his cave. Another day had passed, and another day was coming. He never went outside, except for when he had to hunt for food. The manticore he had mercilessly slaughtered a week ago was starting to leave a horrible smell. He grabbed it by the skull and threw it out the mouth of the cave. He rested his head down on his forearm again and sighed, while closing his eyes. A single tear rolled down his cheek as he thought of the village he was raised in, and when he thought of the lavender unicorn who once was almost his sister, he laid his head down in between his massive forearms and gazed into nowhere. The last he saw or heard from her was her cries calling after him to come back.

He still remember that day, the day he left everything behind. He was starting to grow almost out of control in size and his behaviour changed with every growth. He became irritated by almost everything, he growled at anypony who got too close to her. She unwillingly became his possesion. She was the only one who could calm him down when something happened. His ability to speak had become limited as his wings started to grow, when he spoke it would be sentences who was simple. He only talked when it was necessary. He was snapped back to the harsh reality as he heard the clopping of hooves in the distant. His hearing had improved over the years. He stood up in the large cave and made his way outside. His spikes on his head was much like his spikes he had when he grew out of greed 1300 years ago. His tail was long and was similair to a serpent. He could control every inch of its movement. As he was completely out from his cave on the top of the mountain, he stood up on his hind legs while keeping his balance with the aid of his tail. He flared his wings and roared as loud as he could, in order to intimidate the ponies who had trespassed his territory. He stood back on all of his legs and took to the sky, relentlessly scanning the forest beneath him for the ponies who had trespassed. He located them beneath a tree five miles from his cave. He started circling them like a vulture circles its prey. After a while, he found a good spot to land. He roared to make his presence known once again. He slowly walked towards the ponies who were hiding by the tree, while growling. He heard a shriek from the mare, who clenched herself to the stallion besides her, tears streaming down her face and dripping to the ground. The stallion looked up at him, the fear was visible in his eyes. He was shaking like a leaf in the wind, trying his best to comfort the mare embracing him. They started backing away slowly, with the enormous beast monitoring their every move, he was walking towards them slower than before, but still with the same low growl as before. The dragon locked his eyes on the terrified stallion. After what felt like an eternity for the poor ponies, they had backed out from the grand forest. The dragon had stopped by the treeline, he wasn’t walking towards them anymore. He made himself clear that the forest was his, and only his territory. He reared back on his legs, slammed his tail in the ground and stood up, flaring his wings and roared louder than he had before. When the two ponies had ensured themselves that the dragon wasn’t coming after them anymore, they turned around and ran as fast as they could.

He snorted and turned back into the forest. On his way back to the mountain, he grabbed another manticore and twisted its neck, making it twitch and go completely still in a matter of seconds. The thought of the two ponies who invaded still remaining in his head. As he returned to the cave on the top of the mountain, he tossed the lifeless manticore to a corner, where the bones from other animals he had abducted was lying. He inspected his hoard he had collected over the years and laid down besides it. He spotted an almost dark red ruby, with a golden necklace made around it, making it look like a heart. It felt familiar to him, but he sighed and laid it back down. The day passed without nothing major happening. Later on the evening, he found himself looking at the necklace again. He had recalled the fateful day when he grew in size, but was reminded of who he really was by the white unicorn he once would have done anything for. But now, he barely remembered her, or anypony else. All he remembered was the village he was raised in, he didn’t remember any names, or any minor events. He fell into a sleep that wasn’t restful, he almost never slept good anymore. His sleep was invaded by memories, like it always was. He wanted to forget it all to remove the pain it left inside, but he knew how painful it also could be to not to remember anything of his origins. He woke up the next day. He actually didn’t have to sleep each day that passed, he could be awake for months and not be affected by it. But he needed to sleep for him to attempt to relieve his troubled mind from all the thoughts of lost times. He reached over to the manticore lying in the corner of the cave and took a bite and tossed it back to the corner. He usually didn’t feel anything but pure rage when it came to the world outside. All the happiness, all the positive attitude in it. He hated all of it with a passion. He resented all of what could be good. He snarled and laid down with his back towards the mouth of the cave, he wanted it all to go away, he wanted to go back to Ponyville to be with his long gone friends again. But he knew that it wasn’t possible. The only possibility for him to ever to see them again would be when death laid its cold hooves on him, he wanted to die some days, just to see them again if only for a short period of time. He started thinking of them, even though he barely remembered them at all. It was the yellow one who was really quiet, the orange one with the hat and the funny accent, the pink one who never was quiet, the cyan one who always was too cocky for her own good, the white one who he used to have a crush on and the lavender one. He could remember the last one the clearest, he struggled against his own mind to remember her name, but it was a lost cause. He let out a heavy sigh and sat up. He felt like he needed to get out, only for a couple of minutes top. He hammered down his arms to the ground harder than intended and left two big cracks on the cave floor. As he left the cave, he flared his giant wings and slowly flapped them once, only to see if they were good to go, they were perfect. He flapped them again, but this time a lot quicker and was in the air. He felt free as the wind stroked his purple scales, the wind racing through his spikes felt really good. He could feel freedom, it was within his grasp. He started climbing in altitude, and suddenly dived towards the ground. He flared his wings with time to spare on his way down. He wasn’t as agile as he used to be when he first learned to fly with his new wings. He was once again snapped out from his trance by the sound of hoofsteps coming. He flew back to the cave and stood up on his legs and placed his tail down like he always did. This gave him the possibility to see whoever was coming towards the forest. It was six white ponies with golden armour, and they were walking behind two ponies, one white and one midnight blue. Those ponies felt familiar, but he was cautious enough to not to fly down there instantly. He snarled as the eight ponies entered his forest. He roared loudly and set out to find them.


-----


‘Sister?’



‘Yes, Luna?’ Celestia answered, after hearing the roar in the distant.


’Is this the same Spike from Ponyville a thousand years ago?’ The moon princess had heard the roar, she was starting to become worried of what they might face.


’It is Spike, but he’s not the Spike we knew.’ Celestia said, trying to hide the hurt from all the memories she had from the young drake.


‘What... what do you mean with that?’


‘His memories are mostly gone, he doesn’t remember much of his time in Ponyville or anypony he met during his childhood. He’s probably protective and dangerous when provoked.’ Celestia explained, as she saw an object approaching them from the sky. ‘Luna, over there.’ She looked up towards the object, and Luna saw where she wanted her to see. The object was closing in on them, and Luna could make out the figure of a grown dragon.


’Is that him?’


‘Yes.’


The enormous dragon landed a bit away from them, he stared at the two ponies standing in front of the armored ponies, Luna took a few steps back as she looked up at the eyes of the dragon who was staring at them. Celestia placed her right wing on her sisters back, trying to comfort her. The dragon who had just landed flared his wings and slammed his tail harder than ever before down into the ground, he stood up on his legs and roared again. His presence was already well known to the ponies in front if him, but he wanted to show off his might so they wouldn’t challenge him in some way. It worked on the blue pony, she cowered back. It also worked on some of the armored ponies, but the bigger white pony stil stood her ground. Spike stood back down and started growling, moving his head closer to the white pony. He revealed his sharp teeth, and growled again, but this time a little louder. This time he managed to get her to move just a little but that wasn’t enough. He wanted them to leave his forest entirely. He moved slowly towards the ponies standing just infront of him again, as he made his first step, two armored ponies flew besides eachother towards him.


‘STOP!’ Celestia shouted to her guards, who swiftly turned around and made their way behind the princess of the sun again.


He looked down at the white pony infront of him in confusion. Why would she stop those other ponies from attacking him? He was taken aback as the white pony took a step towards him, he took a cautious step back.


‘Spike?’ She took another step towards him. He didn’t know what to do. The name she called him, it felt so familiar. He brought his head down to her level.


‘Who... Who are you...’ He asked her, his voice was deep and loud, he tried to be as quiet as he possibly could, but that was a hard thing to do as a grown dragon.


’I thought that you wouldn’t remember me after all these years.’ Celestia took another step towards him. Luna had her ears perked and was staring intensely at the way her sister was dealing with the grown dragon. ’I am Princess Celestia of Equestria, it was my student who hatched you one thousand years ago.’ He started to remember small portions of the pony in front of him. He cautiously laid down, while eyeing the armoured ponies behind her. She noticed it and carefully laid a hoof on his massive hand. He stared back at her, he wanted to pull back the arm and sit up again but he didn’t. It felt comforting for him, he directed his attention back to the armoured ponies who was staring at their princess who was easily handling the massive dragon on her own.


‘Spike..’ He looked back at her. ’Do you want to tell me why you scared away two of mine and Luna’s subjects?’ At the mention of her name, Luna raised one of her forelegs and waved frantically for a couple of seconds.


‘They.. They came to my forest.’ He explained, locking his gaze at the white pony stroking his hand. ’I don’t like it when ponies come to my forest...’


’Is this forest your territory, Spike?’ The dragon lifted his head and nodded, before laying it back down on the ground between his arms. ’I wanted them to get out of it.’ He said to her, shifting his gaze to her again.


‘Did we step into your territory, Spike?’ She asked him as she took another step towards his head.


‘Yeah, that’s why I came down here...’ He admitted to her. ’I wanted to try and scare you out.’ He was starting to get a little comfortable with the royal pony standing close to him. ‘And you see how that turned out..’ He said as he made a small grin. The princess chuckled and moved towards him once again, she was now just in front of his head. He didn’t try to move his head away, he accepted her presence.


‘You still know how to make one smile, Spike.’


‘That’s not what those ponies from yesterday thought. Anyways, if you’re a princess or stuff like that, why didn’t you just send some other ponies to deal with me?’ He was curious why she decided to go on her own if she had an army of her own.


’As soon as I got word of a purple grown dragon with green spikes who had only been sighted a couple of times I thought that it could have been you, so I wanted to ensure myself that it was the little Spike that I remembered.’


’I think I understand why you came here then...’ He looked down at the ground. ‘You want me to die by your own hoof after I scared those ponies...’ He closed his eyes.


’...Spike, I would never do that to anything. Dragon, pony or any animals. It’s in your nature to be protective over your territory.’ She placed her hoof on his nose. He opened his eyes and saw her mane flow in the nonexistant wind, behind her he saw the midnight blue pony sneak up to her sister.


‘Spike?’ Luna asked, looking at his big emerald eyes. ‘Where do you live these days?’ Spike shifted his eyes from the white pony to the blue pony besides her. He moved his head back from Celestia’s hoof and sat up. He raised his right arm and pointed towards the massive mountain. The two ponies saw someting that looked like a cave of some sort, but Spike could see the cave entrance clearly.


’So you live in a cave on a mountain?’ Luna asked the giant reptile who was looking down at her from his upright position.


‘Yup.’ He said as he nodded his head slowly with his eyes closed.

‘Can we go there?’ The lunar princess asked. Spike stopped nodding and shot open his eyes. He stared down at her and then on Celestia. Celestia looked like she also wanted to visit his cave. He was unsure of how they would react to all the bones and the manticore corpse lying in the corner of the cave. He decided to play along and let them. They were princesses, after all. He stood up on all of his legs like he had when they first encountered him.


‘You sure about that? There’s no path to walk up there, and the air is kinda thin up there.’ He informed them, but they took it with ease.


’We have wings, y’know!’ Luna said as she flared her wings to prove her point.


’We can easily get used to the thin air up there.’ Celestia added.


‘But what about those guys?’ He looked back at the guards who appeared to be quite bored.


‘They are used to tasks like these. They’re trained for it.’


‘Alright, are you two ready then?’ He flared his enormous wings and flapped them slowly once. The princesses flared their wings and so did the guards behind them. He turned around and made sure not to hit somepony with his long tail. After that, he shot up to the air. His tail slammed the ground where he had been standing moments ago. The ponies took that as their cue and flew after him. He was constantly rising in altitude with every stroke of his wings. He accelerated, and the ponies behind him was given a hard time to catch up to him. As he landed on the small platform outside the cave, he turned around and he saw the ponies slowly making their way up. He sat down while looking down the edge. The exhausted ponies was finally up on the mountain besides him. He chuckled at the blue princess as she was trying to stand up from being almost too exhausted to stand. The armoured ponies seemed a little exhausted but it was nothing they couldn’t handle. The last pony to come up to the platform was Celestia.


’I’m too old for this...’ She muttered, making sure that her sister nor her guards would hear her. She looked up at the dragon who was grinning. He had heard her clearly, she returned the smile and walked towards the mouth of the cave.


The inside of the cave was a lot bigger than she had expected, but it was supposed to be able to hold a grown dragon standing, after all. She was greeted by a smell that made her instinctively wrinkle her nose and made her want to put a hoof on it, the same was for her younger sister. Spike had climbed upon his hoard and had laid down on it. He supervised the ponies inside his cave. Luna and Celestia had fought off their desires to cover their noses and was now inspecting the cave. The cave itself was rather dark, so Luna fused her magic and lit up her horn, so they could see some more of the cave. She quickly found the dead manticore and shrieked.

Luna, what happened? Celestia said as she walked towards her startled sister. ’Oh my...’ She saw the corpse of what once was a manticore, she saw the marks of something big who had taken a big bite of it. She realised that it was Spike. He was lazily looking down at them from the top of his hoard.


’Oh, that...’ He said as he stretched his arms and placed them under his chin. ’I was gonna tell you, but I forgot.’


‘Spike... Are you a predator?’ Celestia asked him.

‘Duh, but all I’ve eaten is a couple of manticores and a ton of fish.’ This time, he stretched his back and laid down on it. I often eat whatever comes by. But never ponies, even though it can be tempting.’


‘Spike!’ Celestia didn’t approve the last part of his explanation.


’I was just joking, relax.’ He grinned, revealing his razor-sharp teeth.


Luna turned around from the corpse and shuddered. She noticed a fire-ruby made into a necklace lying besides his hoard, as he was keeping the necklace out from it. She walked up to it and looked down at it. Spike really didn’t like it when anything came close to his hoard, princess or not. He noticed how she was looking down at the necklace lying in the open.


‘May I?’ She asked the dragon who was eyeing her closely.


‘Knock yourself out.’ He was a little resistant at first, but he allowed her to pick it up. She used her telekinesis to pick up the pendant. She inspected it closely and realised that this was the necklace of one of those who freed her a thousand years ago, as she had seen her wear it when she was on a visit in the castle with the rest of the elements of harmony.


‘Tia, look at this.’ Her older sister walked to where she was standing. Spike wondered what was going on between those two and the necklace. ‘Could this be...’


‘Yes, this was Rarity’s necklace. Spike gave that ruby to her, and she made that exact necklace out of it many years ago.’


Rarity... That was her name. He remembered her name now, he lifted his gaze from the two ponies conversing about the necklace and looked at one of the walls. He started thinking of her. She was beautiful, she had class and she knew how to behave properly. She was a true lady, he remembered her voice, but the last thing she ever called him was an uncouth brute. He clenched his eyes shut and returned to reality. He opened his eyes again and looked down at the princesses again.

‘Spike? Are you feeling good? Celestia asked him, as she moved away from her younger sister and moved towards the hoard he was lying on.


’As good as I’ve ever felt for a thousand years secluded in this damn cave...’ He muttered, making it sound like a low growl.

‘Should we leave you alone?’ Luna walked up besides her sister, looking up at him.


’NO! I mean, no.. I have been alone for a long time now. Sure, it feels weird having ponies walking around my cave but that makes me feel less lonely.’ He raised his head, still looking down at them. ‘The ponies yesterday was the first ponies I’ve seen for 500 years, and you two are the first ponies I talk to in over a thousand years. It just... It just feel strange talking to someone else than myself again.’


‘Why did you leave Ponyville in the first place? The moon princess asked as she sat down on the cave floor.


He sighed and looked down at the floor besides her. He feared that they would ask him this question. ‘It’s a long story...’


‘We’re not in a rush.’ Celestia said as she walked besides her younger sister. ’I recieved an urgent letter from Twilight Sparkle through a normal mail service. She explained what happened and she was devastated, but I want to hear your part of the story.’


‘Okay then, I’ll tell you.’ He took a deep breath. ‘Then as you know I was starting to mature, and my behaviour changed as more as I matured and grew. I was starting to get really big, and there wasn’t enough room in the library for me anymore. And to top it off, my wings was starting to grow and that was a painful experience. They grew from nothing to what they are now, and as my wings grew bigger, my ability to speak almost disappeared and I was troubled by it. I had to learn to speak again. All of that trouble made me irritable, unstable and I could snap towards anypony. And the lavender one-’


‘Twilight Sparkle’ Celestia quickly added.


‘Yeah, Twilight Sparkle. She was the only one who could calm me down when anything happened. But even as when my wings had grown out to their extent as they were supposed to be, I was still unstable and irritable, until one day when I finally snapped completely.’


He looked down at the floor in shame, he avoided looking at the princesses in front of him.


‘What happened that day?’ Celestia asked him, but she didn’t want to push him over the edge. ‘You can tell us only if you want to.’


‘It’s alright, I can tell you...’ He sat up and walked down from his hoard and laid down on the cave floor. He looked at the necklace Luna was holding before he continued. ’It was a normal day, or a day like it used to be those days. I woke up really early and scouted for ponies I didn’t know or recognized. I kept doing that until Twilight woke up. When she was awake, she came out to see me. I was lying by the door like I always did, I was like a guard dog. I was trying to spot anypony who looked in my direction, until Twilight placed one of her hooves on my shoulder. She told me to follow her and like a dog, I followed her to the park no questions asked. I was careful when I was there, I scouted the entire time for ponies who looked at me or her. She was calmly reading some book when I was almost stressed out of my mind. After a while, two of her friends appeared. Rarity and the yellow one.’


‘Fluttershy,’ Luna corrected.


‘Yes, Rarity and Fluttershy. I knew in my heart that they never would harm her or me, but my instincts didn’t listen. I stood up on all of my legs and made a low growl. Fluttershy shrieked and hid behind Rarity. Rarity looked up at me and shouted at me. I got provoked and slammed my tail and roared. Twilight ran up in front of me to block my view of her. I pushed her out of my way harder than I intended and she.. She fell to the ground hard.’ Spike readied himself to continue the story who ended his time in the village. ‘She was shocked of the fact that I would just push her off like I did, she was speechless as I took a few steps towards Rarity. I leveled my head with hers and stared into her eyes while growling. Her gaze was rock-hard, but nothing I couldn’t break. I slammed my tail to the ground again and reared onto my legs while roaring, and hammered down my arms just next to her. This time she reacted. Fluttershy flew away as fast as she could, crying. I scared her off. Rarity took a few steps back and stammered ’‘you... you brute... you... uncouth... brute...’’ Next thing I remember is that she’s running away from me, and almost all of the ponies in the park was staring at me or trying to get away. I turned back to see Twilight lying with her forelegs tucked beneath her, and tears was dripping to the ground. I walked towards her, but she pulled away from me... I laid down in front of her and poked her with my nose, she looked up at me with bloodshot eyes and asked me why I just did that. My spirit broke that exact moment, I realised what I just had done and there was nothing I could do to change it. I stood up and backed away from her. I didn’t know what to do, or what to say. I remember that I started crying a little, and turned away from her and flared my wings. She asked me where I was going, I said nothing to her. I walked a few feet and she got to her hooves and ran after me. She almost punched my right hind leg with her hoof to get my attention. I looked back at her with tears in my eyes. I stopped and took a good look of her and hugged her, before I turned away and continued walking. Her mouth was open as she was trying to find words to say. This was the last I saw of her before I flew off. I can still remember her cries after me to come back. They were desperate and finally, they stopped as she dropped down to the ground, broken.’ Spike closed his eyes as a small tear dropped down to the cave floor.


He laid his head down on the floor, he didn’t want to see the looks on their faces, or if they would judge him for his actions all these years ago. Reluctantly, he opened his eyes and saw their faces. He could see Luna’s lip quiver, and Celestia looked at him with a hurt look. His story had taken effect on the two ponies. He could swear that he saw one of the armoured ponies wipe his eyes with one hoof.


’I... I’m sorry that you had to go through with that, Spike...’ Luna said as she tried to collect herself.


‘You don’t have to apologize to me, I left the one pony who truly loved me behind in tears...’ He looked away from them, only to feel a familiar soft hoof on his face.


‘Spike, you only did what you thought was right in order to keep the ones you cared for safe.’ She stroked his face some more, achieving a sound that would best be described as a cat’s purr, but way deeper. ‘There’s nothing wrong to try and keep your loved ones from harm’s way.’


’It still hurt to leave them, and it still does.’ He explained as he looked at her. She lifted her hoof off his face and leaned in towards him.


‘Twilight wasn’t the only pony who ever truly loved you, Spike.’ She nuzzled his cheek. ’I loved you from the instant I saw you sucking on your tail when you had just been hatched by Twilight Sparkle, to this moment right now when you’re so much bigger than me. It doesn’t matter what you do, as long as you do your very best and never forget who you are, I’ll always love you, I promise.’ She looked straight into his eyes and smiled. It took a while for him to take all of what she just had said in. He was speechless, he looked back into her eyes. their gaze met and Luna walked up to him too. She walked up besides her sister, and Spike shifted his eyes to the smaller pony.


‘You’ll always have me too, big guy.’ She looked at him and smiled. He didn’t know what to say at all, he was so much bigger than them, he would crush them if he would even attempt to hug them.


‘Thank you...’ He whispered as he lifted his head a little from the ground, gently pushing his head towards the ponies besides him. He felt a gentle push back to his face. He closed his eyes and he wished for that moment to last forever. He laid his head down back on the cave floor and both of the princesses took their place on either side of his head. They gently pushed themselves towards him, and he had his eyes closed, treasuring every passing minute. He yawned, his reptile tongue stretched out from his mouth and making a gentle hissing sound. Sadly, that moment had to end as the day came to its end. They had to return to Canterlot.


‘Spike...’ Celestia said as she leaned away from the dragon.


‘Yeah?’ He had his eyes closed, taking in each moment.


’As much as I’d like to stay, me and Luna have to return to Canterlot for the night.’


‘Aww, but you’ll be back some other day, right?’ He opened his eyes and lifted his head a little, waking up the sleeping lunar princess by his head.


’We promise we’ll be back as soon as we can.’ She assured him.


‘Good, I really appreciate it.’ He said as he helped the sleepy princess stand up. When she finally was able to stand up on her own, she staggered to her sister’s side. Celestia smiled at him and balanced the tired monarch of the night towards the mouth of the cave. ‘Celestia?’


‘Yes, Spike?’ She turned around and looked back at him.


‘Thank you... I really appreciate this.. I really, really do.’ He said as he looked her straight into her eyes.


’It was nice meeting you again. Stay safe and try not to scare other ponies like you did yesterday, it will only bring you negative attention. We need to meet like this some other time. We’ll come back as soon as we can.’ She took one last look at him before she flared her wings and flew away into the night with her sister and the guards behind her.


He started to think of the events of the day as he once again laid his head down on top of his crossed arms. He had met the two ponies who still knew who he was, and who he used to be before he was like this. At the thought of his former self he started thinking about the sleepy village he left for this. He still remembered where it was, but he didn’t want to go there as the ponies of this generation would probably be scared out of their minds if a grown dragon showed up out of nowhere, standing in the edge of the town. It didn’t take long before he started thinking of Twilight. What happened to her after he left? For how long did she search for him? Did she ever get married? Did she have any foals? She would be a fitting mother, after all. He decided that he would ask the princesses those questions the next time they would come by. He turned around and laid on his back and stared into the ceiling of the cave. He realised that he still had friends, he wasn’t alone anymore. He also realised that when he had friends like the princesses, he would never be alone during the rest of his life, as the alicorn sisters practically was immortal. He didn’t have the need to talk to himself or a dead manticore anymore, he could talk to them. The older thoughts he had of him wanting to end his own misery was long gone. He could now take it with ease when he had somepony to talk to after all these years. He was relieved that Celestia had made the decision to come to the forest herself and not send a portion of her army out after him. He was thankful for all that had happened that day. It had been the best day he’d ever had in his life ever since he left Ponyville. He felt like he could make it, he had found new hope for his long life. Whatever the feeling was, it made him stronger than he ever had been before on the inside. It almost filled up the void that was created as he left her behind. He closed his eyes and made an attempt to sleep. He fell asleep with ease, without a care in the world. He cherished the day that passed, the day when he had come out strong and set out to scare off them, and came back reconnected with two of his long lost friends. There was nothing that could break him down anymore. He would stand and fight for what he wanted, and to defend them at all costs and all means necessary. They were his friends and he would never allow anything to happen to them. He would endure for them, he would endure for himself. He had found a reason to live through this again.

‘Twilight, I miss you so much and I’m sorry that I left you like I did, but I have found strength and I will continue my life and live it up as much as I possibly can.’ He thought to himself but it felt like he was talking to his long lost sister again.

’I can do this.’

’I can endure.’