• Published 11th Jun 2013
  • 25,099 Views, 5,070 Comments

We Remember Everything - Thunderscourge



Loki Odinson of Asgard has fallen from grace, only to find himself in an unknown realm. Reaching out to him is Princess Luna, whom he shares many similarities with. Will Loki take her help and get better, or will he spurn it because of his arrogance?

  • ...
70
 5,070
 25,099

PreviousChapters Next
I'm Not Going Down

A/N: Special thanks to The Batmane of equestria, Lars, The Grim Reaper, Scarheart, Kamunari, Evilhumour, DestructivePwny, digital_light, New Spark, GlassFloors, and Ketvirtas for your comments last chapter. Weird that I can't thank Drgnwolf and Killabyte for the first time in perhaps ever...Anyways, thank you again, and I hope to continue hearing from you all!

Chapter title now brought to you by "Im Not Going Down" from Beyblade.

Also, if you could stop by my recent blog post and leave your ideas/thoughts that would help me a lot with all of my writing!

I'd love to hear what you have to think afterwards in the comments, and remember, comments are :heart:!


Luna decided to leave Thor and Odin where they lay in the throne room, only taking Trixie and Lorelei with her when she left the place she one day hoped to rule from. It took her until the moment just before teleporting to also bring the Elf.

She found Lady Frigga in the medical wing, where the Queen had likely thought that she would have to tend to someone’s wounds. Luckily for all involved there was no real bloodshed or otherwise Luna would have brought the wounded with her as well.

As Frigga rushed to their side upon their entrance, Luna tossed the unconscious Lorelei off her back and onto the hard floor, “Here is your prisoner.”

“You did it,” Frigga knew not whether to be surprised or not with this outcome, though her mind quickly moved to a more important topic as she looked down at the defeated witch, “Are Thor and Odin okay?”

“Of course. All I did was force them back with just enough magic to keep them from touching me. The equivalent of holding your hoof out to a child’s forehead to keep them from getting to you. Her control of them seemed to dim the men in general.”

“Very well. Now that this is over, will you stay?”

Luna turned to face Trixie, who was in turn looking up to her as her new ‘pet’ Elf sat beside her. There was a long standing plan concerning Trixie that Luna needed to put back on track, so sadly she knew she had to depart Asgard as soon as possible.

Luna shook her head no to the Queen, “We have something to accomplish back in Equestria. However, if Loki does wake up, please do not hesitate to contact me.”

Frigga smiled to the foreign princess, “Of course.”

“Do not hesitate to also reach out if something else arises,” Luna smiled, “Or to reach out to Thor’s allies on Midgard, whom I assume can help you in this time of need.”

Frigga snorted, “My husband would balk at the idea of receiving outside aid, but our forces are in ruins and he is in no position to deny it.”

Luna could understand why one might take that viewpoint, but she was not above utilizing every tool in her arsenal, “Look for a man known as Tony Stark. He is rich and a genius, supposedly, as well as one of the more trustworthy humans I came across.”

“I will take that advice. Be well in your time away. I am sure Loki will look forward to seeing you soon.”


It took much convincing for Trixie to leave her Elf behind. She said she wanted to find a way to make him give her the magic he stole back, but Luna talked her down with the knowledge that he lost whatever he had taken. Burned it off as if it was a single calorie. They instead left him with the Asgardians, who had dealt with Elves before and who might be able to assist his ailments.

Their first stop upon returning to Equestria with the aid of the freed, and apologetic, Heimdall was to stop by the throne room, where Celestia sat atop the giant throne as she looked through mounds and mounds of paperwork.

“Celestia, when are the Equestria Games again?” Luna nonchalantly asked, as if she had not been missing for a few hours.

Celestia peeked over her paper, “Oh, Luna, you’re back. Just in time! I was just about to leave for them now after this last bit of work.”

Luna tried to hide whatever shock she felt from her face. She had spent so much time planning for the event that she had completely forgotten that it was already about to begin!

Not as embarrassed as her teacher, Trixie bowed down as she stood beside Luna, “Princess.”

From her seat Celestia looked down at the young blue mare with some surprise, “It is good to see you again, Trixie. Did you just return?”

Trixie gave a polite nod, completely averting her eyes to the ground instead of making eye contact with her superior, “Yes, princess.”

“It is good to have you back,” Celestia smiled at them both while putting down her papers, “Today is just an opening ceremony, so no need to rush, but I would still get there as soon as possible. It is already afternoon after all.”

Luna gave Trixie a nervous look, but Trixie just smiled back at her. She felt great even though she had been out of commission for months. Better than she did when she was first hurt, in fact.

Trixie’s confidence made Luna calmer. Maybe the original plan she had would not possible to accomplish, but getting out there and at least showing the pony world just how talented Trixie was would be enough.


It was only a brief travel to the Crystal Empire with Luna’s flying drawn carriage, it being pulled right alongside Celestia’s own. Inside Trixie felt her nerves crop up momentarily, only to be steeled by the performer’s experienced side. She could handle this. She just needed to not make a fool of herself.

Luna had her attention focused on a box she had brought with her in the carriage. She had wanted this to be planned out and to work exactly as she designed it, but now her aspirations about having Trixie snatch the crowd’s attention as the winner of the games, and also redeem herself to them in the process, were shattered.

The introduction ceremony was boring to the two of them with everything each had on their minds, even though they were watching from the prestigious booth reserved for Princesses and their guests. Also present was Celestia, Twilight, Twilight’s parents, and Princess Cadance with her husband Shining Armor.

After the ceremony’s proceedings both Luna and Trixie agreed to rest for the night. They had quite the busy day, and they needed it.

Before seeing Trixie off at her guest room at the Crystal palace of the kingdom, Luna brought the box she had in the carriage to Trixie’s attention.

“Trixie, I had something made for you in case…” she almost choked up as she thought about everything that happened to Trixie, “In case you returned.”

Trixie took with her magic the completely black box with its indigo ribbons tying it together. The box was quite large, though it did not feel as heavy as it would appear to. As if it was mostly hollow.

With an approving nod from Luna, Trixie went about unwrapping the box and removing the contents. Her purple eyes lit up and her jaw dropped at the sight of the contents, Trixie even taking a step back as she tried to form words and regain her composure.

“I—I don’t know what to say,” Trixie stammered as she looked at the objects before her. The first was a hat identical to her original purple one, though it was now black with yellow emblems on it of the stars and moon.

To match was a cape quite similar to her original, albeit made from a nicer and softer material and was similarly made black with yellow emblems. The broach that clamped the two sides together was made of solid gold, and Trixie could not help but be amazed by its beauty.

In addition to the replacements to her torn and destroyed old performing clothes was an entirely new wardrobe. A black version of the same chest guard that Luna wore in her Nightmare Moon form with Trixie’s cutie mark as the symbol front and center. Also included were the metal greaves that Luna also wore, though similarly they were black.

In total this outfit made Trixie the exact reflection of her teacher and maternal figure, who stood tall in her black fur and blue clothing.

Trixie felt her eyes watering as she finished going over the details of the gift granted to her, “Thank you Princess.”

Trixie went straight for wrapping her new cape around herself, all the while neatly placing everything sans her hat back in the box. Her hat floated over until she was sure her cape was secure, at which point she placed her new black cap on her head.

Luna gave an amused sigh as she looked down at Trixie and noticed something about her hat, “It seems you have grown just a little, but we can have that tailored later.”

Trixie had not noticed that she had grown any. Had she? “Of course,” Trixie sighed as well as she felt the nice fabrics against her and remembered this feeling, “It is good to have my wardrobe once again.”

“You look sharp. Hopefully your skills still are, despite the time lapse.”

That made the apprentice shrug, since she really was feeling fine, “I feel a bit funny, but I was one of the best before and I’m not going to let you down now.”

Luna knelt down to nuzzle heads with Trixie, “Just do your best. I know how much you have been through, so know that you do not need to prove anything to me. You have already shown me enough.”

Trixie returned the affectionate gesture, though she giggled in addition to it, “If I do win though, can I still issue the challenge?”

It took Luna a moment to respond, but after some thought she nodded yes, “Of course. Just handle things like we spoke about before.”

“I will. Third time’s the charm.”

“This is your fifth if my counting is correct.”

“Oh, yeah. Whoops.”

Before standing back up Luna gave her student a kiss on the cheek, “Let us give the ponies of Equestria the best show they have had in years. Have a good rest, and remember to just do your best tomorrow. That’s all anypony could expect of you.”

As Luna turned to leave her, Trixie tried to respond but her word choice choked her up as she attempted to do so, “Goodnight, Prin…Mo…”

She’d prove to everyone tomorrow that she deserved to say that last word fully. All she had to do was prove that she was the best there was, bar Celestia, Luna, and Cadance.

Trixie fell asleep confident and secure for the first time in what felt like years.


Luna met with the other VIP guests in their special section to oversee events the next day. She honestly could care less about how the proceedings went at first, but after some watching she found herself being drawn into them and even cheering before realizing what she was doing and stopping herself.

She was here for Trixie and only for Trixie. Getting distracted might make her miss something.

As the field in the sport stadium was set to hold the magical events Celestia cleared her throat to draw Luna’s attention.

“I am so glad that your student is able to participate, Luna. It is quite the honor for her.”

Luna kept watching but nodded all the same to her sister, “So am I. Having her back is my largest concern though. Her and Loki returning has lifted so much grief off my chest.”

The mention that Loki had returned in addition to Trixie made Celestia breath a sigh of relief on Luna’s behalf, “I’m so happy for you.”

Luna was surprised to see how quickly a stage and the objects could be placed by the Unicorns, though she was sure she could do it even faster by herself.

She felt herself grow giddy at the thought of what she was about to watch. All she wanted to see was Trixie do her best, “Thank you, Tia, but shhhh, the show is beginning.”

Celestia listened to her as the contestants walked out and made themselves noticed. A representative from every major town in Equestria stood before them except for some rural areas that had no true Unicorn presence.

The crowd took quick notice of Trixie in her black cape and hat standing with the other four Canterlot contestants.

“Is that Trixie?”

“Woah, I think it is!”

“Where did she go all these months?”

“I heard she fought and beat a pack of Ursas!”

“I heard that she went to the hospital and was comatose instead!”

“I totally forgot she was on the team. Is she even any good?”

“She has to be if she’s defeated Ursas and lived to tell the tale! They’re displaying the paw of one of them in a museum in Canterlot now!”

Celestia spoke up again with a gentle tone, “Ponies seem to have warmed up to her.”

Luna smiled at her sister’s words, happy to see this side of Celestia and happy to see that what she was seeing was true. Trixie did not seem to be reviled as she once was.

Still, Luna could not say the same about herself, and so engaged in some brief self pity, “I wish the same could be said for me.”

Celestia brought a hoof around her sister’s shoulder briefly to rub it just enough to comfort her, “That time will come, Luna.”

The voice of the announcer cut any further conversation between the two off, as Luna became solely focused on the competition and what was happening in it.

“Let the competition begin! First, we will begin with a display of the best each magician has to offer!”

Luna found herself balking at the displays of most ponies, especially since she had seen Trixie do a spectacular one of these back at the tryouts. Similarly, when Trixie’s turn came up to perform again, she did not disappoint. Her fireworks, teleportation magic, and massed illusions captured the awe of all the stadium and Luna could smile smugly at the sight of Twilight’s jaw dropping.

“Woah, look at those fireworks!” a foal in the crowd yelled.

“And there are so many of her doing them! Are those illusions?”

Celestia smiled to Luna again, “I think she has this one.”

“This is not the one I am worried about,” Luna shook her head as she remembered their last time going through these events, “Nor is the next.”

The third part was the part that ruined things for Trixie. That made her lose and be driven to confront Ursas on her own.

After all the ponies finished their performances in the first round and received their scores Luna was pleased to note that Trixie was the only one to have received a perfect score that round.

Next was the second round: shooting spread out, stationary targets within a very short time limit. Trixie had proven skilled at this before, so Luna had no worries.

When Trixie’s turn came up the apprentice quickly went about teleporting between them all and firing at them, and for every one she shot at she hit them directly through their bullseye. However, while firing at her second last target Trixie realized her last one was suspended partially in the air, and thus not somewhere she could teleport for an accurate strike.

Instead of chance missing her one allowed shot at it in midair, Trixie instead used her power to shoot straight through her current target. This surprised the crowd who had been slowly warming to her throughout her time out in the field, though her next action surprised them even more.

Trixie’s purple magic stopped streaming forward and instead cut at a ninety degree angle up into the air until it reached the height of the target. Once doing so it bent again, letting out a spark of black and green as it sailed straight into the bullseye of the target.

All of the ponies in the VIP box were stunned at the complete control of the magic displayed.

Cadance was the first to speak, not knowing Trixie well enough to know if she could or could not do such a feat easily, “Oh my, that was impressive. Did you teach her that Luna?”

Luna looked back to her with a slightly shocked face, “I can contort magic like that, but rarely have to,” she shook her head before looking back to Trixie, “No, I didn’t teach her that.”

The judges observed her marks on the targets, and after brief deliberation her new score was placed on the board.

Luna felt her mouth continue to drop as she witnessed it, her mouth speaking what her mind was having trouble believing, “Still a perfect score.”

Despite all she had suffered, Trixie had come back strong, and the crowd was loving it. Far from being the rich snobs of Canterlot, many did not care to demean Trixie anyways, and seeing her perform so spectacularly was exciting to them all. Cheers of her name began to ring out amongst the crowds, to which Luna found herself almost crying.

Still, she had not won yet. One final hurdle remained in her path…and it happened to be the one that stumbled her previously.

“It may not save her in this final competition if the others do anywhere near decently…”

It was a competition of strength, something Luna knew Trixie not to have in abundance. She had to knock a target as far back as she could in a single strike.

Luna closed her eyes as all the ponies lined up and prepared to fire at their targets. She did not want to watch Trixie humiliate herself, and she even flipped her ears back as far as they could go to try and hide them from the inevitable laughter.

After a moment she was surprised to hear the chanting of Trixie’s name still continuing. Luna opened her eyes to see that Trixie had shot her target across the entire field and through a wall on the other side, more than triple the distance of the next farthest shot target.

“And you were worried,” Celestia joked to Luna, who found herself continually amazed with Trixie. Was this the result of Luna lending her some of her own power? She had only replaced what Trixie had originally, so she shouldn’t be any more powerful than she was previously…

Luna’s eyes narrowed as she looked down at Trixie. She was standing at just under the height of many of the stallions around her, much taller than her previously above average height for a mare. Trixie was so much smaller than Luna that Luna had not really noticed the growth.

Frigga had said there might be some changes…were these results of those changes, now that Trixie had Luna’s life energy flowing through her as well?

Luna smiled to Celestia, “I am honestly surprised. Pleasantly so.”

Trixie had just perfectly won the Equestria Games, and the next closest contestants were ones she had previously shown herself superior to at the Canterlot tryouts.

“Trixie Lulamoon, student to Princess Luna and representative of Canterlot has come in first place! In second place is…”

This was it. Trixie’s moment to shine. The crowd roared in support and cheers as Trixie stood before them all and received a golden medal for her efforts. She bowed to them all as she and the other winners were granted their prizes and commemorated.

After the announcer was finished with his speeches, Trixie cleared her throat down on the field and spoke to him, “I would like to speak to the audience, if I may.”

The audience responded for him with a large cheer, and so Trixie took that as her permission. He granted her his microphone and Trixie hovered it over to her face. Instead of speaking instantly Trixie cleared her throat, gathered herself, and turned to face the VIP box.

“This is a great honor, and I would like to thank my mentor Princess Luna for everything she has taught me,” Trixie smiled at the box, though it quickly became smug, “However, I am always up for another challenge. As such, Princess Twilight Sparkle, I challenge thee to a magic duel!”

The crowd gasped and murmured as all attention was cast on Equestria’s newest princess. Twilight felt all the eyes become glued to her and she felt like running out the back door to escape them with how demanding they seemed.

“Um, I, uh…” was all Twilight could mumble out before her mentor stood up.

Celestia’s face had grown stern the moment Trixie addressed Twilight, and her voice reflected this in addition to some motherly warning, “Miss Trixie, our magic related events are over. You have already proven to be the most capable Unicorn in all of Equestria.”

Trixie smiled brightly to hide her own egotistical reasons for this, “I only think that it is unfair that Princess Twilight was unable to perform because of her recent transformation. I just wish to grant her an opportunity to show her own prowess as well, as the element of magic itself.”

Luna stood up as well and gave Celestia a gently nudge, “Oh come now Celestia, are you afraid that your student cannot best my own? I say let them demonstrate just who is the best magic user of this generation, even if yours has an advantage.”

Celestia turned to her sister with a frown, then to her student. If Twilight consented, Celestia saw no reason to stop this from happening. There were no further events that day, and this would surely be quite popular, “Twilight?”

The purple bookworm princess tried to think about the situation at hand but her nerves were still wracking her body, “Well…” a supportive look from her parents, brother, and sister-in-law gave her some confidence, and with that she leapt out of her box with her wings and projected her voice so all could hear, “Okay. I accept your challenge, Trixie!”

As Twilight left them Celestia sat down, a tired look dawning on her face, “I only hope you know what you are doing, Luna.”

Not about to let her machinations be known, Luna gave her sister an innocent look, “Whatever do you mean?”

Celestia was not falling for it, though she had no idea how much of this was planned out by her sister, “Trixie comes back after being captured and comatose, and now she is confident and powerful enough to face Twilight in a duel? Do you want Trixie to be humiliated again?”

Luna shook her head. Of course she did not want to see Trixie humiliated, “If Trixie can conquer two Ursas, I see no reason in restraining her from seeking out larger challenges, provided they are in a safe environment such as this.”


Once Twilight was down with Trixie, the field was set and clear, and pamphlets were passed out to the crowd to explain the basics of the match, the announcer returned. He was about to speak when Luna cut him off with her Royal Canterlot Voice.

“Like your previous duel in Canterlot, you will be using standard combat dueling rules. Either pony who is knocked out of the ring or is down for ten seconds will lose. No fatal blows are allowed, and contestants are not allowed to use physically altering spells on their opponents such as age spells. To prove true dominance, there will be five rounds.”

Trixie smirked at Twilight from across the circle they were to do battle in, “Good luck, Twilight. May the best mare actually win this time.”

“Didn’t you say that last time?” Twilight nervously asked, still not feeling too confident about doing this. Performing in front of a crowd this large was one thing, but looking like a showoff by defeating a weaker pony would just seem mean for a princess to do.

Trixie teleported so that she was right in front of Twilight, only an inch in front of her face to freak her out a little more, “It still applies, so it bears repeating.”

Trixie held out a hoof, to which Twilight took it and shook it. This done, Trixie slowly retreated back to her original place.
“Ready?” the announcer questioned from the sidelines with his loud microphone blaring.

Both Twilight and Trixie nodded their heads yes, and so he continued as the crowd’s cheering swelled up.

“First round, begin!”

Twilight went for a quick shot against Trixie, though it passed through a mere illusion as she expected. Not knowing where Trixie had gone, Twilight quickly leapt forward. This allowed her to avoid a shot aimed at her from the side, though a quick follow up shot hit her on her Cutie Mark.

Twilight felt the slight sting of the blast, though she was amazed it did not hurt more. Another feature she could like about being an Alicorn now, she supposed.

The princess spun around to fire at where Trixie was, the shot catching Trixie just as she prepared to fire again.

Twilight’s blast carried Trixie backwards with how Trixie’s own spell blew up in her face, and Trixie was instantly pushed out of the ring by her momentum. She was back on her hooves quickly though, but the round was already over.

“Round one, Princess Twilight Sparkle!”

Twilight looked over to her rival with a sheepish smile, not sure what to say as the crowd let out a collective ‘oooooh’, “Sorry Trixie, did that hurt?”

“It tingled a little,” Trixie smirked. Her face fur was slightly singed, but her hat displayed no noticeable damage.

“Are both contestants ready?” a pause let the announcer know exactly that, Round two, begin!”

This time Trixie let loose with a beam of magic straight at Twilight. Trixie’s purple magic clashed with Twilight’s as the latter responded with a steady stream of her own. A struggle of pushing back and forth ensued, but as soon as Twilight managed to get firm footing it shot entirely back in Trixie’s direction.

Only, by the time it hit Trixie it passed through another illusion. Knowing that she had little time to react, Twilight countered Trixie’s next attack by sending out a powerful shockwave in every direction for the entirety of the circle and more.

This blast caught the teleported Trixie and knocked her back like it had previously in their first combat duel. Trixie was forcibly ejected from the ring, though besides some singed fur she did not seem any worse off.

“Round two, Princess Twilight Sparkle!”


From the VIP section everypony was watching intently. Shining Armor and the others were cheering heavily for Twilight even as the crowd alternated between cheering for the two mares.

Luna, on the other hand, was just silently watching. Observing and smiling as she witnessed her student perform.

“Maybe you should call this off so your apprentice does not get harmed.”

Luna turned to her sister with a raised brow, surprised that Celestia would say such a thing.

“Whatever do you mean? You think she will lose?”

Celestia gave Luna a disbelieving look as well, “Twilight has bested her two times already out of their two rounds thus far.”

“And she must do so three times to make it count,” Luna explained with a smile in her voice.

“Oh come now Luna, surely you do not believe she can turn this around.”

Luna rolled her eyes. She was not about to call this off, “Let us just let it play out. It would be humiliating if she just surrenders after challenging Twilight.”

“Very well…”


Back on the field, Twilight approached Trixie since the latter had not moved since her ring out.

“Trixie, are you okay? That must have hurt—”

The Trixie she was speaking to disappeared, only to be replaced by another right behind Twilight. The princess spun around to face a completely fine Trixie with no visible signs of being wounded, singed, or otherwise ruffled by their battle thus far.

“You wish,” Trixie smirked.

Twilight was baffled by this. Where had Trixie’s wounds gone? “What?”

Trixie scoffed at Twilight for her ridiculous use of the same anti-Trixie technique as their last battle, “You really think I would be defeated by that trick twice now?”

“I—” Twilight growled as she pointed a hoof at Trixie’s unsizzled fur, “You don’t even look hurt. I saw you get hit though!”

Trixie rubbed one of her own hooves over her perfectly fine fur to rub in the fact that it was perfectly fine, “Believe what you will. Now, I believe I have a challenge to win. Prepare yourself Twilight, as the gloves are coming off this time around!”

Just as the next round for their duel began, Twilight realized something that made her jaw drop just a bit.

Trixie had not actually lost those past two rounds. She only pretended to using illusions, meaning she had such great control over her illusionary power that she could fake injuries and appear to be defeated for two entire rounds without ever actually being touched.

If Trixie could pull out tricks like that, what else could she do?

Author's Note:

Please leave your thoughts in the comments below, as they are seriously what helps me write so much! Liking and favoriting the story help too, as does following me. Morale support of the highest fashion! Comments, likes and follows are :heart: after all, so please let me know what you think!

Also, if you could stop by my recent blog post ( http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/366602/please-read-your-thoughts-please ) and leave your ideas/thoughts that would help me a lot with all of my writing!

PreviousChapters Next