• Published 13th Aug 2013
  • 680 Views, 12 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War II | Redemption - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
5
 12
 680

Expose the Taint

They boarded a ship and were recovering from the battle, but a call from someone of high authority came to them.

"Captain, we have incoming vox," said Spike, "from the Inquisition sir."

The face of a white furred, purple maned Unicorn wearing black light armor and a matching hat appeared onscreen.

"This is Inquisitor Rarity of the Ordo Horseticus." The Inquisitor said. "Captain Philosophies, it seems you have been busy, as of late."

"You have no doubt heard the reports." said Helios. "Skarsend the Scourger and his forces are defeated. The Dark Legion has been routed from here. I trust this puts the question of the Blood Phoenix loyalty to rest."

"This news changes very little." said Rarity. "In fact, I am contacting you to inform you the situation has escalated. One of your own Captains has made some disturbing accusations regarding your Chapter Master, Benedict Traytus."

"Pegalos!" Helios said in anger, "It is he and his followers who are traitor and renegade! By all rights, I should turn Michael's stallions over to Traytus."

"So you have often said." said Rarity. "Fortunately he did not mirror this sentiment when he sent them to you to command. It is by Captain Pegalos' recommendation that you are being given the chance to clear the Blood Phoenixes of guilt. The Ordo Horseticus, of the Inquisition, will soon deal with these problems, in a quite permanent fashion. Exterminatus. The complete and utter destruction of every inhabited world in this sector. No one will be spared, traitor, xenos, or loyal, all will die."

Helios raised his head and eyebrows in shock. "Exterminatus..." He breathed, "But..."

"Captain, if Traytus is truly the source of the sector's troubles, you must expose it and stop him." said Rarity. "If you can, then perhaps I will be able to help call off the Exterminatus. And if you cannot, your Chapter will be declared heretics and you will burn with the rest of the subsector. I suggest you act quickly, Captain Philosophies. Rarity out."

The transmission ended, and Pinkie stepped up.

"Such an investigation will need to be performed without Chapter Command's notice." She said. "We will need to move quickly and subtly."

"On Salika, there are the remains of an ancient teleport network called the Teleportariums." said Spike. "If we can find and activate it, we can use it to promptly travel the subsector unnoticed. Enemy forces lie between us and a Teleportarium. We must engage them if we wish to proceed."

Spike played an intercepted vox transmission from Equestrial Guard troops. *To all officers and regiments that may be receiving, we're through with Equestrial command!* the renegade said. *If we have to fight, we're going to do it for ourselves from now on. You want to call that defection, fine. We were dead stallions anyway. At least the cults promise something in return. This region is ours now. We see anyone, ANYONE, within a mile of here, we'll bury them in ordinance. Don't doubt we can, either. The regiment's "holy armor" isn't that particular about the holiness of them that drives it.*