• Published 18th Sep 2012
  • 866 Views, 4 Comments

Sins of a Goddess - FirstClassBroconut



Luna's time of judgement has come for her past sins.

  • ...
1
 4
 866

Part 2

Twilight Sparkle stared anxiously out the second story window of Ponyville's Library, searching for a glimpse of white.

Seeing nothing but the rain which began to downpour, the lavender unicorn sighed and traveled down the short flight of stairs to where Hemshela and Princess Luna sat drinking from large steaming mugs.

"This drink... Zecora used to mix it up during the cold nights on the plains. You call it Hot Chocolate, yes?"

Luna took a sip of the warm fluid and nodded, "What do you call it, zebra?"

Hemshela smiled, "We do not have a um... Natural word for it. Each zebra calls it as it wishes. For me, Hot Chocolate seems perfect!" The zebra raised his glass high and swallowed the steaming drink down in one gulp, causing Luna to laugh.

"How zebra's mouths are impervious to extremely hot or cold things is beyond me," the dark alicorn commented as she laughed.

Twilight also smiled, "I know how."

"Do tell, Twilight."

"If you think my batch was hot, you should've tried some of Zecora's!"

Hemshela gave a deep throated laugh, "This is true, princess! Her drink was as hot as Princess Celestia's sun!"

The Element of Magic smiled, recalling the first time she had tried some of the zebra witch's drink... She ended up having to go to Nurse Redheart to have the burns healed on her tongue. "Speaking of which, Celestia wise, do you know where she is Luna?"

The alicorn shook her head, "The Everfree Forest is a non-magical realm. So in turn it cuts off all ties of connection I have wi my sister. But I tell you again, stop worrying about Celestia, Twilight. She lasted a thousand years with out me, I think she can handle another stroll through a woods. A woods filled with creatures that are more scared of her then even you ponies are of them!"

"But it's past sundown and the rain is getting worse! If she doesn't come back in five minutes I'm going after her!" Twilight punctuated her statement by slamming one fore-hoof down.

But before the hoof touched the floor, it was stopped, midair, surrounded by a blue aura. Twilight turned to see Luna's horn and eyes glowing, she was now standing at her full height, towering over the small mare who shied back in fright, her ears lying flat like a lost puppy.

"You will do no such thing," the goddess ordered. "I told you twice before, do NOT make me repeat myself, Twilight Sparkle daughter of Star Treader. Do I make myself clear?!"

Twilight slowly nodded, too frightened to speak. Luna was still having troubles fitting into society, this was very true, but the the time the princess had blown up at Twilight was during Nightmare Night. Images of Nightmare Moon flashed through her mind, causing her to shut her eyes and wish them away.

When she opened her purple eyes again, she saw that Luna disappeared. Twilight looked around and caught sight of the alicorn, sitting in the darkest corner of the room near a window, staring up at the moon with a tear on her cheek.

Hemshela merely sat on his cushion, content with staring into the fire.

"Princess?" the unicorn queried, slowly making her way over to Luna.

Luna's head fell slowly as she sighed, "Forgive me Twilight Sparkle... I should not have lost control."

"It's alright, princess," Twilight sat down beside the large alicorn, making her feel small once again. "Everypony has to let air out sometime, I should've listened to you the first time."

"But I'm not just any pony, Twilight. I'm a princess of Equestria. I can't afford to be weak."

Twilight smiled, "Oh princess. There is nothing wrong with showing emotion! Look at Celes-"

Suddenly the southern wall of the library exploded and a mass of white feathers crash landed in the middle of the room.

"Celly!!" Luna screamed as she leapt to her sisters side.

Twilight looked over the body of her mentor, taking note of large red marks around her throat, a deep gash along her left side, and one of her legs bent at an awkward angle, obviously broken.

Luna help the white alicorn to her her hooves, after which she promptly fell back to the ground only this time landing on a mass of cushion and pillows Twilight summoned in an instant.

Blood seeped out of Celestia's mouth and she gulped in the night air that now rushed in from the large hole in the wall. Hemshela was infront of Celestia in a blur of white and black, balancing a good sized bowl on his head which Twilight noticed belonged to her. She then deduced that the zebra had galloped into the kitchen, mixed some special brew, cooked it and poured in in the bowl all without magic and all at a rate that Rainbow Dash would be envious of.

Bending over, he offered the bowl to the princess, "Drink. It will calm you."

Celestia didn't smile or offer any thanks, instead she magically grabbed it off the stallion's head and slowly drank the liquid residing within.

After a few silent seconds of drinking, Luna healing Celestia and Twilight trying to figure out what happened to Celestia, the white alicorn took a deep breathe and turned to her sister who was, still, emotionless.

"Comes is alive and has raised an army."

Luna sat down and all color drained from her face. The princess stared at Celestia, Twilight and Hemshela stood staring at the alicorns, lost in confusion.

Luna finally spoke, "How many?"

"I saw a couple hundred. But he is bound to have more with his plan of over taking Equestria."

"Who is Comes?" Twilight asked, breaking the silence that had fallen upon the room.

Luna opened her mouth to speak, but only a raspy breathe escaped. Celestia closed her eyes, "Comes Euratus was Nightmare Moon's second in command during the Elipctical War. He is a lycan, a giant wolf like creature with the capabilities of massacring all of Ponyville on his own if Nightmare Moon wished it. He is an abomination. A demon. And..."

Celestia looked to Luna who had moved back to the window, staring up at the moon, now that the clouds had finished their song and had cleared.

"Tell them."

Still the alicorn remained silent. Luna turned to her sister, rage filling her eyes. "Tell them! Some pony has to know!" Luna screamed.

"He's also," Celestia gulped. "Nightmare Moon's son."

Twilight and Hemshela's jaws dropped open.

"No!" Luna shouted at the window casing the two ponies to quickly close their agape mouths. "He's my son! MY son! I was Nightmare Moon so he is MY offspring!".

"He's...your son?!" Twilight spoke silently, as if hoping no pony would hear her.

Luna slammed a fore-hoof into the floor, her Earth Pony strength causing the boards the shatter.

Princess Celestia closed her eyes and sighed, "Not only him... There were-"

"I had thirteen offspring. All of which received the title of the Children of the Night. They were my commanders during the War. Five alone could have brought down Celestia, even at that time when she was battle trained and had a heart of stone. They, along with my army of thousands of lesser lycans, almost over took Equestria."

Hemshela cocked his head in bewilderment, "What happened?"

"I banished her to the moon with the Elements of Harmony," Celestia answered. "through many horrid battles I had slain ten of the Children of Night, severely wounded Comes and slaughtered countless lesser Lycans, so they knew they would have needed Nightmare Moon to defeat me and my army. But when they watched me send Nightmare to the moon, they turned and ran, swearing vengeance when their queen returned. I then went and hunted down ever single one of the dogs... I thought I had killed them all."

"And now they are on their way here," Luna exclaimed, returning to her no emotional state.

Celestia stood, "I can't even think straight! Twilight! Hemshela! I need you two to wake all of the town and immediately begin evacuation towards Canterlot! Also, find the fasted flyers and send them with a warning about the Lycan army to Stalliongrad and all the other major cities. The city officials are charged with sending small parties of trained soldiers to the smaller towns and moving their residences into the large cities. From there the soldiers must protect the innocent at all cost."

Hemshela nodded and galloped out of the hole in the wall, shouting as loud as he could trying to wake the village.

Twilight looked up at her teacher, "What about you and Luna? Will you lead the army?"

"Luna will fly to Canterlot to prepare the main army and fortify the city," Celestia said while ignoring the comment of protest coming from the darkest corner of the room. "While I remain here to fend off the initial wave, giving the ponies more time."

Both Luna and Twilight shouted at her, the alicorn's voice overpowering the young mare, "I will not allow you to do that, Celly!"

Twilight nodded frantically, "I can't run an entire evacuation by myself, princess!"

"You won't be running it alone. You have my sister and I will help for as long as I can. Now go, both of you." When neither of the ponies moved, she added, "That's an order from the princess of Equestria."

Twilight slammed a hoof down but understood priorities: save ponies first, then argue. With a flash of purple, the Element of Magic teleported to join Hemshela in the evacuation.

Celestia turned back to Luna who sat before her, head bowed and body quaking slightly.

"Luna. What is the matter?"

"How dare you," Luna almost whispered.

"Excuse me?"

When Luna raised her head and they locked eyes, the white alicorn immediately felt fear. Luna's eyes were filled with fire.

"HOW DARE YOU!!" the alicorn screamed, the force of her voice caused some of the debris in the Library to move a few feet. But Celestia remained unmoved from her spot, she had seen her sister angry like this only once.

"How dare you order me around like I'm one of your subjects! I'm your sister Celestia! NOT a servent!" To accent her anger, Luna flashed her horn, causing all of the books in the library to explode, sending shredded paper in every direction.

Celestia had remained unmoved, however, except that now water rimmed her eyes. The last time Luna had been as angry with her, had been the first Nightmare Night. When she became Nightmare Moon.

"Luna... I'm sorry..."

"Save it, Celestia." Luna ordered as she flared her wings, "I will not run and hide from my past! Nightmare Moon brought them into this world, I will exile them from here! I WILL prove that I am fit to lead this nation!"

Celestia's eyes opened wide as the truth dawned on her, Luna was still believed nopony had forgiven her! "Luna, you didn't do anything! It was Nightmare Moon and all of Equestria knows that!"

Luna's horn suddenly went out and her wings drooped along with her slowly shortly after, "No they don't."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't be so naive, Celly. You hear what they say, see how they look at me. No pony has forgiven me for threatening their beloved kingdom with night eternal. I can't blame them... I can still hear you, did you know that? I see her in mirrors and in the shadows. She's not gone. She's apart of me, Celly."

Princess Celestia stared at her sister in shock, Luna had never opened up to anypony about anything to do with Nightmare Moon, she had never known what pain Luna was dealing with. "Luna... She IS gone. The Elements of Harmony destroyed her. Nightmare Moon is no more! You have to let go of the past!"

"How can I?!" Luna's head shot up and she stared at Celestia, tears beginning to run down her soft, dark cheeks. "I tried to enslave all of ponykind! I went so far as to try and kill you, my own sister!"

Celestia moved closer to her sister and tried to put a wing around her but Luna pulled away, accidentally letting a choke slip. "Don't. I am unfit to be a sister let alone the ruler of a race."

"Don't say that, Luna! Do you know how much I missed you while you were on the moon? Every night i would sit on my balcony and sing lullabies to you like I used to when we were still fillies... I would have given anything to have you back. After you were banished I hunted down every Lycan I could find, and butchered them. Deceiving myself into thinking that if i killed all of them I would get you back. After I thought I had wiped them all out, I realized you truly weren't coming back for a millenia. I put away Impotent and moved on to worrying about Eqeustria, but you never left my mind."

Luna stared back at her older sister, never having heard this story before. Celestia let three tears slide down her face as she stared into Luna's eyes, wishing that all of her love for her sister could be transferred through the stare. "I love you Luna, no matter what Equestria says. And I won't risk losing you again!"

Lowering her gaze, Luna sighed, "Celly..." She wiped er face free of the tears and sniffed, "You served these ponies for a thousand years with out me. Now I have to prove that I can lead these ponies too! I have to prove to them that I am no longer the dark horror that I once was. I have to prove myself!"

"Then prove yourself to them through leading a kingdom against Comes!"

"Celestia what did you think Nightmare Moon did for that thousand years? Study Equestrian history and argument tactics? No, she trained with Crescent and magic. Every day and night she trained, nonstop. She was going to take Equestria by blade, not through paper. I remember everything she learned, every spell she created, every battle plan. You were meant to rule, Celestia, I was meant to fight!"

Celestia slammed a hoof down and shouted, "The ponies don't need a martyr! They need their princess!"

Luna gave a sad smiled and stood, "What is a ruler without the love of their subjects? I will give these ponies anything they need, if I a die protecting them from an evil I created, so be it."

"Luna no!" Celestia screamed.

Suddenly the princesses heard Twilight Sparkle scream from somewhere in town, "Celestia! Luna! HELP!!"

<<<<Author's Note>>>>
<<Sorry for taking so long to get this out,>>>
<<<But I recently lost my flash drive so I had>>>
<<<to start completely from scratch which sucks..>>>
<<Anyway! Questions? ANSWERS!!>>
<<<<<Contact me at>>>>>
firstclassbroconut@gmail.com
<<FOR THE NLR>>

>PS Please comment on story, your thoughts are much appreciated as long as you are not a total plot hole but I will gladly take constructive criticism<

Comments ( 1 )

Very interesting story, I cant wait till the next chapter to see how Luna faces against her own son.

Login or register to comment