• Published 3rd Jun 2013
  • 627 Views, 4 Comments

against all odds - Flaring Dawn



Five of the mane six have vanished leaving Twilight with the elements.

  • ...
5
 4
 627

An act of Kindness

Twilight ran towards Fluttershy hoping she could save her. As Twilight got closer a punishing blow struck her and sent her flying.

"What the?..." Twilight said under her breath. All of a sudden the spike aimed for Fluttershy inched closer to her. Fluttershy screamed in fear.

"T-twilight help!!!" Fluttershy yelled. Twilight had tears in her eyes Now she understood, if she came within a centimeter of Fluttershy... she would die. Discord's sick laughter echoed from all sides of the room.

Twilight growled, "You fucking lunatic..." Twilight said through gritted teeth. She had to figure out a way to get to Fluttershy without getting near the force field. Fluttershy whimpered loudly.

'T-twi....' Fluttershy said weakly and as she did a spike shot through her leg causing her to scream in agony. This caused Twilight to jump back. Her eyes were trained on the floor in front of her.

"I can't get any closer than this..." Twilight said with annoyance. Fluttershy was terrified and hurt and this made Twilight angry. Her friend needed help and Twilight couldn't get close enough to help her. Discord appeared beside Fluttershy smiling evily.

'Oh...whats wrong Twilight? don't you want to save your friend? Does she not mean anything to you? How about I kill her right now..." Discord said with a twisted smile on his face. Twilight shot a wave of magic at him but missed. Discord laughed manically. Twilight didn't give an inch. She kept shooting bolts of magic at Discord missing every time.

"I will fucking kill you Discord!!!" Twilight yelled at the top of her lungs. Discord laughed again.

"Ok, ok.. I will give you a hint on how to save your beloved Fluttershy..." Discord said as he mockingly stroked Fluttershy's mane. Fluttershy started to cry. This made Twilight angry and she shot a bolt of magic at Discord again but it deflected against the barrier and shot through the ceiling.

"Ohh... Feisty... I like that... Let me put it this way..Twilight... Use your magic..." Discord said as he disappeared into thin air. Twilight was confused.

'Use my magic? on what?" twilight said as she looked around the room she was in. What could she use her magic on? She pondered this when it finally hit her.

"The walls!!! if I can aim it just right the blast will destroy the force field!!!" She said with excitement. Twilight looked at Fluttershy.

"I know how to save you close your eyes it may hurt a bit ok?" Twilight said. Fluttershy nodded and closed her eyes. Twilight fired up her horn and shot at the nearest wall. All of a sudden the wall exploded and sent shrapnel towards the barrier. Twilight tensed as the shrapnel bombarded the barrier sending spikes shooting up at Fluttershy, only the spike vanished moments before they made impact as the barrier came down and Fluttershy was safely on the ground. Twilight ran towards her and cradled her friend in her hooves crying.

"fluttershy i am so glad you're ok!!!" she held her friend for what seemed like forever. Fluttershy smiled up at Twilight. Twilight sighed in relief that her friend was going to be ok. All of a sudden Discord appeared a wiked smile spread across his face.

"Congratulations Twilight, you passed the second test. How unfortunate..." Discord said with glee. Twilight glared at him ready to end his existence.

"I will never fail Discord, you and your damn tests can rot in tartarus for all i care!!" Twilight growled. Discord let out a sickening laugh and snapped his fingers, sending Fluttershy to Celestia knows where.

"Lets take a look at how Ponyville is doing shall we?" Discord said as he grabbed Twilight and teleported to Ponyville. Twilight closed her eyes as a blinding white light engulfed her. She thought she was dead, but she couldn't be more wrong. As Twilight opened her eyes her heart sank to the floor. Ponyville was in ruin. Ponies were clinging to life as others were dying. Twilight fell on her haunches and started to cry. Her tears hit the ground like rain from a cloud. A filly crawled over to her wheezing, and coughing. Twilight held the little filly in her hooves and hugged her.

"M-m-ma'am...c-can you sing me a lullaby?" The filly said with a weak smile. Twilight choked on some tears and buried her face in the fillies chest.

"Hush-now--quiet now-i-its time to lay you-your sleepy--he-head" As Twilight sang the fillies eyes started to close and her breathing slowed to nothing. Twilight swallowed hard and continued.

"H-h-hush now--quiet--n-now-its time to go to--bed..." the fillies heart ceased to beat and she died in Twilight's hooves. Twilight buried her face in the fillies chest and cried for what seemed like forever. Rain began to fall, ironic angels would cry at a time like this, the heavens draining their tears away. Twilight buried the little filly and surrounded her with roses.

"Sleep well little one... the angels will be with you soon..." Twilight then turned and walked away from the grave. Her eyes filled with anger and she screamed.

'DISCORD!! I WILL KILL YOU FOR THIS!!! IF ITS THE LAST THING I DO I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!!!!" Twilight fell to the ground and began to weep, her eyes still burning with hatred.

"I'll kill you, i'll kill you..." Twilight kept repeating those words until a sick laughter filled the night sky. Twilight was enraged by this time.

"So that's how its going to be Twilight? Very well then... I wonder...Can you find me?" Discord said with a sinister laugh.

"I sure hope you can cause if you can't then i'll just have to kill your friends one by one."

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long everypony. ive had a lot on my mind as of late... i hope you enjoy this chapter. more to come soon!! please comment, fav, and like.