• Published 3rd Jun 2013
  • 16,663 Views, 330 Comments

Casanova Spike - Riddleja



Spike's curiosity causes the Mane 6 to fall in love with him.

  • ...
24
 330
 16,663

Spike and Applejack

As the two got closer to Sweet Apple Acres, Spike began to feel even more nervous. Why did Big Macintosh want Spike to come? Why did he have such a serious expression on his face? Could it have something to do with Applejack being in love with the little Dragon?

”Can’t we do this another time?” Spike asked nervously.

”Nope,” answered Big Macintosh.

At last they arrived. Waiting there was Granny Smith, who seemed to be pleased when she notices Spike.

“Well lookie who’s here!” she said cheerfully.

”Uh, hello,” said Spike. “What am I here for?”

”Don’t act like you don’t know,” Granny Smith replied. “Applejack told us everything about you two. In fact it was just earlier this afternoon when she said so.”

Earlier that day Granny Smith was napping in her chair when Applejack barged in and woke her up.

”Granny Smith!” cried Applejack. “I’m in love!”

“In love?” asked Granny Smith.

Applebloom, who had been listening in from the other room, peaked her head out.

”Who are you in love with, sis?” she asked.

”It’s Spike,” confessed Applejack. “I’m in love with that dragon!”

Spike looked even more nervous than earlier.

“All I have to say is…” Granny Smith paused. “…about time!”

Spike perked up. “Huh?” he said, stumped.

”We were beginning to wonder if Applejack would ever find love,” explained Granny Smith. “It’s just a surprise that the one who would win her heart would be a dragon.”

Big Macintosh then gave Spike a noogie while grinning.

“You actually don’t mind her loving me?” asked Spike, puzzled.

”Of course not,” said Granny Smith. “Why, even her cousin Braeburn is dating a buffalo, so why should it make any difference if she dates a dragon?” Then she turned towards the house. “Applejack!” she called. “Spike’s here!”

Suddenly Applejack came barreling out and pounced on Spike, giving him a tight hug.

“Well howdy there, Sugarcube!” she said cheerfully. “It sure is a pleasure having you down here!”

Spike was struggling to breathe. “Air!” he wheezed.

Applejack released her grip on Spike he could catch his breath.

“We’ll just leave you two to bond for a while,” said Granny Smith.

Soon Spike began helping Applejack with some of her chores. He was doing a lot better than the time he wanted to serve Applejack with his “Noble Dragon Code” after she had saved his life from a pack of Timberwolves. It was sunset by the time the chores were finished. Applejack and Spike were watching the sun go down as Applejack had her hoof wrapped around Spike.

”It sure is beautiful ain’t it?” asked Applejack.

”Yeah,” agreed Spike. “Watching the sun set can be pretty amazing. Listen, Applejack.”

“Yeah Spike?”

”I was kinda hoping to talk about this,” explained Spike. “The you and me situation. You see…”

Before Spike could continue, Applejack grabbed him and locked him in a tight hug.

”Don’t say another word there, my little dumpling,” she said. “I understand completely.”

”You do?” asked Spike.

“Yes,” cried Applejack in delight. “Of course I’ll marry ya!”

Spike’s eyes went wide. “What?!?” he said in his head.

Did Applejack really think Spike had asked her to marry him? Suddenly they heard a sneeze. Applejack looked over and saw Applebloom and Big Macintosh spying on them from behind a bush. Both smiled sheepishly when they realized they’ve been caught.

”It was his/her idea!” they said, pointing at each other.

“Never mind,” said Applejack. “Let’s go tell Granny Smith the good news.”

”No need there,” said a voice. “I heard that whole thing.”

Granny Smith had been hiding in a different bush.

“You too, Granny?” complained Applejack. “What is this; ‘Spy on Applejack and Spike day’ or something?”

”If so, it wouldn’t surprise me,” commented Spike.

“Well never mind all that,” said Granny Smith. “Welcome to the Apple Family, Spike. We’ll set the wedding for Tomorrow at Noon.”

“I can’t wait to tell Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle!” said Applebloom excitedly. “I’ll go fill out the invitations.” And she raced off.

Spike gulped. Somehow, he had gotten roped into a wedding with Applejack. He wanted to talk his way out of it, but he was too nervous to do so.

“Oh man,” he said to himself. “What am I going to do?”