• Published 11th Jun 2013
  • 2,769 Views, 72 Comments

Our Haunted House - Iridescence T Wind



Sequel to Lampents Lament In Equestria. Soul's new form and the consequences of that drastic scenario leads him to take shelter in a abandoned house, or so he thought.

  • ...
3
 72
 2,769

Captured

"Being forced to work, and forced to do your best, will breed in you temperance and self-control, diligence and strength of will, cheerfulness and content, and a hundred virtues which the idle will never know."

-Charles Kingsley

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

Meanwhile In the spa of pokemon deity's.

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

"Ugh... Finally a break from all the dying birds." Arceus groaned, finally having the chance to relax, the day had been a relatively slow one, and for once, without a single bird type pokemon strangling itself on pieces of plastic, breaking its neck while running into a window, flying into another bird on accident, choking on a piece of rock or live pokemon, and etc.

Instead there had been a minor complaint about an abundance of ghost pokemon appearing within Giratina's favored lampents new nation wide post. Something he had completely made sure would be taken care of by their minion after contacting the nearest spiritual leader and informing them to the situation. However, Giratina only found comedy in the situation, and now he had adopted a miniature realm within his own distortion world for the damn bird pokemon to live in where they wouldn't be able to kill themselves a second time on accident or purpose. It was the same Giratina who was sitting next to him and occasionally messing about with his newest toys through a portal. Much to the annoyance of the three other giant birds in the giant hot tub, and the two in the lava bath.

[Seriously Giri. Leave the poor things alone] Articuno grumbled, [Those things already died once, you don't need to add permanent mental scarring to their list as well.]

Zapados, bitter and sarcastic as always took a second side to the argument, [Why did they even end up dying in the first place? Back in our days bird pokemon were respected, worshipped even.]

Lugia sighed, speaking in the modern language, unlike the others who were too lazy to learn to speak the human tongue, "Once again, that was the old days of the legendary three birds. What with all these upstart gods. Even humans have been trying to produce more of us. To mixed results."

[Hey, hey Arceus,] Giratina stated, completely ignoring the other two legendary birds, and looking to his father, [Speaking of legendary pokemon that are man made, remember that purple guy? Apparently hes unlocked a new stage of evolution and now completely out classes you in awesome, what do you think about that?]

Arceus rolled his eyes, [I made the universe. And I can just as easily undo the universe Giratina. Now stop teasing your relatives with your new subjects and just relax. Our break ends in a celestial cycle, and for once I'd like to actually get some stress off my back.]

[Hah, those idiots deserved it,] Moltres cawed over from the magma pool, [Anyone who can't figure out common sense that they need an entire week long holiday to slapping it into them clearly needs a reality check.]

Giratina Chuckled, while the other birds went into an uproar on the inhumane treatment of pidgeys, [Thanks for that Molt, I should probably be checking up on my minions progress, perhaps pay them a visit instead while the realm grows.]

---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---
Meanwhile in a tent in another dimension, somewhere in the great plains south of everfree forest...
---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---∞∞∞---

The sound of arguing was what awoken soul, an angry End Result was yelling at a buffalo that had a bone through its nose along side a pair of masks similar to the ones Zecora had back in her hut, only it was being worn hanging off one of its curved tipped horns. Soul however, didn't really like how this buffalo was treating his spiritual companion, "For the last time you Markless pest! Sit on down and give it a rest!"

Great, another rhymer.

"Not until you apologize for having your warriors ambush us in the middle of the night!" End roared equally as loud, almost bashing heads with the shaman elder, if only it wasn't for her incorporeal, as the tip of her mane swayed in and out of the tribals forehead, their eyes almost causing sparks. Judging from how the fire inside the tent was starting to die, they had been at this for a while at least.

"A task I have been set, by one who can cause quite a large amount of unrest." The buffalo told her, as he looked to me, noticing my eyes were open, and that I had been burning away at the rope that was tying me to the ground quite passively. Soul didn't even notice the rope till it was already half burnt off him.

"Who in Arceus's name are you?" Soul asked, tugging himself free, wary of being shot yet again with another of those strange darts.

"Little light, I am but one who halts the blight." the shaman said unhelpfully, "The blight that is caused by problems of spirits, in which your creator has offered clearance."

"Uh, what?" Both Soul and End said.

He sighed, cutting out of rhyme, and getting to the point, his nerves frayed from talking to End for who knows how long, "Look, my tribe has a problem with spirits from another world, as well as with some bandits who are hunting us for Hawk knows reason or other."

"Ohhhh..." both Soul and End replied.

"Couldn't you of just... asked?" End replied, moodily, "Instead of you know, shooting The flaming chandelier with a tranquilizer dart?"

"I can't feel my face." Soul added to End's statement.

"It'll wear off." The shaman replied, "And you must understand we are a very wary people. Its not every day you see a flying pony chandelier that produces purple flames.

End sighed, "Yeah, he certainly caught me by surprise as well when I first met him."

The buffalo nodded, "I am shaman Long-Horn. Your masters Arceus and Giratina have asked you to help with our problems personally."

Soul looked surprised, "Wait, how do you know them?"

Long-Horn nodded at the question, "They contacted me a few nights ago, they said a chandlier that contains purple flames would be able to help with our problems and gave us a description and something to give you to confirm this."

Long horn turned around, and dug through his various drawers of herbs for something, before turning back around and handing over a a small box. Soul opened it and pulled out a tag covered in strange markings. More specifically written in that of his native world. "A spell tag..." Soul confirmed, and the shaman nodded, "That's what he called it."

Soul tied it to his right arm with a small smile, at least they hadn't given up on him, he nodded, "How can I help?"

"Well..." Long horn began, before he began to explain the situation.