• Published 8th Jun 2013
  • 823 Views, 10 Comments

The Fourth Wall Restaurant - TimeTravelinc



Twilight, Pinkie, and two fellow chaps help repair other realities in a Checker Cab, and work in a strange Restaurant between Reality and Fiction

  • ...
1
 10
 823

Twilight in the Fourth Wall Restaurant

"Last time we left our three travelers, The Character crashed into two different stories, Twilight wasn't allowing non-logic to kick into her brain, and Pinkie was right about the Fourth Wall Restaurant. What will happen next?"

Twilight and Pinkie sat there looking at The Character talk as he drove. Twilight was confused and Pinkie just giggled at his antics. "Character, what are you talking about?" Twilight said. He looked at his friend through the mirror, then a thought occurred to him. 'Dang it! I said it out loud.' he thought, banging his head with the steering wheel. The car soon started to steer itself to the garage, below the restaurant. As they were heading for the taxi parking, a strange mist started to come out of a portal.

The Character looked at it through his rear-view mirror, seeing the blue mist follow them. He smiled as they headed for the entry. The taxi soon slowed down to a stop, right in front of a rock face. He then pulled out a clicker, with two buttons on them. He pressed the first button, deactivating the cloaking device around the garage door. He then pressed the second button, opening the door. He then entered into the garage, parking the car, then closed up the garage and cloaked the door.

He soon turned off the engine, then pulled a string that automatically opened the car door. Twilight and Pinkie jumped out of the taxi, followed by The Character. With a snap of his fingers, the doors closed, and the car locked itself. The Character soon led them up the stairs to a door, to which they went out. This is when Twilight was shocked in awe, for she had never seen the edge of the multiverse. Floating above their heads were several universe bubbles slowly going across the sky.

The Character looked up, as he followed Twilight's line of sight. He couldn't help but smirk at Twilight's amazement with the Multiverse and the Outer, Outer Space Region. The Character then locked the door, then got Twilight's attention. "Twilight," She snapped out of her amazement, and looked towards The Character. "Watch this." he said, as he reached the corner of the door. He then peeled off the door, as if it was a poster. He then folded it up, until it was a paper square, no bigger than a iPad. It was however perfectly square all around.

He then placed the key in the fold of the paper, then slid the paper under the mat. He then looked at Twilight, who was in shock again. "You should learn Twilight, that Pinkie and I bend the laws of physics. And guess what?" he said, getting close. Twilight was confused about the events so far, so she shrugged. "Soon, you will too." he said.


After that, the three of them entered the restaurant, seeing the place over. Twilight was surprised that Pinkie was right, there was a restaurant that existed between the barriers of the Fourth Wall. She stood there about to say something, when suddenly, there was a puff of blue smoke. Standing there was a dark alicorn with flowing hair, as dark as the night flames

She looked sinister, and menacing looking. The two ponies grabbed onto each other, scared stiff of the pony before her. "Nightmare Moon. AAAAHHH!" both mares said. The Character wasn't however scared of this. "Hello, Nightmare Moon. How's the Nightmare Realm?" he said, calmly. She smiled, then said, "Eerie, as usual."

She soon went into her evil laugh, as lightning and thunder crackled all around them. The Character then said, "Well, sit right down, I'll get your order in a moment." Nightmare Moon nodded, then walked to a table. Twilight was in shock, while Pinkie was in deep thought. "So wait, she isn't our Nightmare Moon?" Pinkie finally said. The Character snapped his fingers, then pointed at Pinkie. "Exactly!" he said, snapping his fingers. He then walked over to the counter, while Pinkie and Twilight followed behind him.

The Character jumped behind the counter, ducking down for a second, before popping back up with a apron on. Twilight was still in awe of where they were, until she ran into the counter. Pinkie entered in the small door, then popped up with her apron. Twilight who didn't work at the Restaurant, got up onto the stool. "What'll have to eat?" he said. Twilight picked up a menu nearby, then looked at it. She looked at her options, while Pinkie quickly went to take other's orders.

Twilight was soon about to order something, when she started to hear a strange noise behind her. She turned around to see a blue box appear in a unusual sound. VWOORP! VWOORP! Soon, it landed with a thud. Seconds afterward, a grey pegasus steps out, followed by a man in a tweed jacket, suspenders holding up his black pants, and a bowtie. "Doctor, hey. I was wondering when you would visit." The Character said. The Doctor nodded, then sat next to Derpy, who did a double take. "Doctor, is that you?" Derpy said. The Doctor looked at his companion, then he said, "Yeah, it's me..." He then looked at his hands. "In fact, this is what I really look like." he said.

"What'll have?" The Character said. The Doctor picked up a menu, then looked over it. "Also, today's special shake flavor is Fish Fingers and Custard. With a side of crisps or fries to the side." he said. The Doctor was interested, hearing this, then said, "I'll have the special then." He then handed The Character the menu. Derpy ordered a Veggie Burger, not knowing what a Burger was. Twilight looked at Derpy and the Doctor, then looked back at The Character. "I'll have what she's having." Twilight said, motioning a hoof at Derpy.

The Character nodded, writing the new information down. He then removed the order from the pad and attached it to the order wheel. "HEY CHARLIE! ORDER UP!" he yelled at him. The cook popped his head up, leaving a black silhouette, grunted, then grabbed the order with the tentacle. The Character suddenly facepalmed. "That's right, I forgot that Charlie had taken the day off. Sorry Bob." There was a raspberry noise that came from him. Then The Character said, "Glad you accept my apology."

Suddenly, the telephone rang. The Character quickly drew a doodle of Twilight in her human form, then picked up the phone. "Hello? Hey Dude. How's Mary doing? ... Still a pony I see. Is her family ok?... Ok, well. When are you coming to work for- What? What?.... What do you mean something important happened? What's so important that you can't come to work?" Twilight looked at the napkin that he drew on and noticed the clothes and the way she was drawn. "Well, why can't you get help from Q or Discord or some other interdimensional entity that's one in the same?... Ok, that makes a valuable argument, but what about someone else... like another Mad Wizard for example? I heard Rincewind is go-"

"I see. Well, until we make contact again. Goodbye friend." He then hung up the phone.

Twilight became curious. "What happened?" The Character was phased out, too focused on his friend, or what he considered his friend. He then started thinking on what happened before and the warning he was given. He then wondered where the writer was going with this.

"Character," Twilight said. "Hm, yes mommy- what?" he said. Twilight was confused at what The Character just said, then mentally shook it off as his characteristics. "What happened?" "Oh, nothing important. Just business. I don't exactly talk about the life outside of the restaurant or... something like that." Before Twilight was about to ask, there was a sudden *DING!* and the sound of a sliding plate.

"Ah, that must be your plate coming in." he said, heading over to get it. He then grabbed two others, balancing them like it was possible, however it wasn't (At least for normal humans or beings). He then placed the other two orders in front of The Doctor and Derpy. "There's your food Doc, as well as your's Derpy." he said, then added, " And finally, here's yours." He placed the plate in front of her, which confused her. In front of her was a sandwich, she knew that much, but beyond that, she was confused.

She then picked up the burger with her telekinesis, and bit into it. She soon tasted the flavor that was familiar and new to her at the same time. Derpy tasted hers to which she smiled, liking the taste. The Doctor soon tasted his milkshake, to which he then said, "This tastes even better than any milkshake I've tried before... Well, except for your famous Banana milkshake. And, well any other Banana Milkshake." " From any other universe where the recipe is different and tasty, right?" The Doctor nodded, thinking that it was true.

"What is this?" Twilight asked, confused for a moment. The Character smiled at her and her curiosity. Then, he finally said, " This here is a burger, but it isn't any burger. It's a veggieburger, for creatures that eat veggies." he said. At that exact point, Twilight was curious as to why he said that, when her mind suddenly placed two and two together. "This is supposed to be MEAT?!" she exclaimed, almost dropping her burger. "Well, yes. Though it's for carnivores and omnivores." The Character said.

The Doctor, who heard this said, "I once knew a person who said that he wouldn't eat ponies like you because it was, and I quote "Like eating a human, and I don't eat humans. Yuck!", to which I nodded in understandment." The Character nodded, then said, "There are some humans who would do that, because seriously, why not?"

She nodded, then said, "That's good. I would hate to be someone's food choice." Suddenly, there was a glow that came from the front door of the restaurant, to which a man in a white lab coat, and goggles around his neck stepped through the door. "Ah, Paradox," The Character said, " How have things been?" he added. Professor Paradox, looked around, then said, "Well, I'm feeling great." "Good to see you again Time Walker. How's eternity treating you?" he said. Paradox smiled then sat down next to The Doctor.

"Things are working out for me Time Lord." he said. They both smiled, then Paradox ordered a small basket of chili fries. The Character wrote down the order, then stuck it to the order device. Suddenly, The Character felt as though something was wrong. "Um, Twilight, we need to go." he said. "Aw! And I was having so much fun." Pinkie said, to which The Character replied, "Actually Pinkie, I need you to stay here and tend to the customers."

Pinkie nodded, gave him a salute, then quickly ran to get some things done. Twilight quickly ran out the front door, with The Character following behind with different clothes than before. Then, both of them quickly headed towards the Taxi.


Soon, Twilight and The Character saw that there was some energy was trying to pull the car to wherever it was being called to. Both looked at each other, then back at the car. Finally they quickly got into the Taxi. Character jumping into the driver's seat and Twilight teleporting into the back. Soon, she buckled her seatbelt on and The Character did the same. He then turned on the engine, opened the garage door, pulled on the parking brake, and held on tight.

Suddenly, the Taxi shot out like a bullet out of a gun. "DANG! Didn't see that coming." he replied, as the Taxi cab careened through the parallel universes, and out of control. "Who's doing this Character?" Twilight said, who was afraid that the Taxi would be smashed up. "Don't worry Twilight, it won't be destroyed, nor us. Also, I have no clue, but I have a hunch." he replied, to both thoughts and question. They soon suddenly land in the middle of the library which was surrounded by guards.

As soon as the Taxi landed, they all pointed their spears at it. "Really? Spears? Isn't that old fashioned?" The Character said, but still held up his hands. Twilight, soon unbuckled her seat, then teleported onto the hood of the Taxi. "Stop! He didn't do anything to harm me." "Then why did I get a letter saying that you're in trouble?" a voice said. Twilight and The Character turned towards the source to see Princess Celestia.

"Princess!" Twilight exclaimed. "How's it hanging Princess?" Character said, with his window rolled down. "What's going on? I felt a presence that I haven't felt in a long time." Discord said, in his pjs. "Discord! You son of a gun, where have you been for a 1000 years?" Character exclaimed with a smile. Discord stopped rubbing his eyes to see the Checkered Taxi parked in Twilight's library.

"Character?" he said, to which Character waved at him, "We still have that Chaotic Chess match to deal with." "Unfortunately, I not only have a Taxi business I use, but a restaurant as well." he exclaimed. Discord then shrugged at him, then said, "How about we have the match at your restaurant?" He nodded, then added, "I'll pick you up later." Discord nodded then disappeared with a snap of his fingers.

"Twilight!" Spike said. Twilight looked down to see Spike look worried. "I thought you were kidnapped by some weird creature." "Hey! I resemble that remark." The Character said, to which he smiled afterward. He then looked up towards Celestia. "I would tell you more Princess, but I have business to run."

She nodded once, before turning to Twilight. Twilight soon jumped down and landed right next to Spike. The Character gave Twilight a salute, then rolled up the window, and started up the Taxi. Soon, it started to spark as electric energy started to flow around the Taxi. Soon, it disappeared back into the Fourth Wall Dimension. Curious, Princess Celestia scanned the place, then looked towards Twilight. "What happened exactly Twilight?"

"It's a long story, Princess."

Author's Note:

"Nightmare Realm" by Silent Bob
Ben 10 owned by Man of Action and Cartoon Network
Doctor Who owned by BBC
Characters (except for The Character) by D
Idea and Concept owned by Me