• Published 15th May 2013
  • 9,522 Views, 1,556 Comments

Xenophilia: Shotglass Oneshots - TheQuietMan



Ficlets, short shots, one-offs and random tales from the Xenophilia universe.

  • ...
40
 1,556
 9,522

PreviousChapters Next
10: Crystal Heart by warpd

Crystal Heart by warpd

*******************

A cascade of music echoed in harmony throughout the Canterlot auditorium. Noble stallions and mares held their breath as Octavia poured out her soul in the music. All four princesses had tears that rolled down their cheeks. They lived for this moment, when a pony will liven up their immortal lives for just the briefest moment.

Octavia moved the sound of music to the lowest pitch. The resonance shook everypony to their core. The raw nature of existence became parallel to Octavia’s music. Music was now in its most primal form. Heart beat. The cry of new life. Pony and Harmony born again.

Then Octavia charged to the highest of heights. Clarity, not seen since the dawn of creation when the great Creator took her brush and drew new life, came down upon her audience like a typhoon on a small desert island. A state of nirvana so pure a villain would turn from their wickedness; enlightenment that would be spoken of in reverent whispers eons into the future.

Time lost all meaning as Octavia performed her greatest masterpiece. Such clarity and perfection to only be cherished in memories and the throes of eternity. No other could repeat the perfection of this piece. Octavia was one with her music. Her music was one with her soul.

Her partner gracefully moved his fingers across her transparent crystal form with tender strokes. Lero’s soft fingers unlocked the song in her soul. The human traveled across the curve of her back. The low primal tones were his reward. His nails carefully ran through her mane to open the high tones. They were one now; they had reached a new height of understanding between male and female.

All things come to an end. Lero calmly helped Octavia back down as the audience sat there still awestruck. Slowly their minds caught up to them as they shouted and stomped their approval. The sound of tens of thousands of hooves vibrated the foundations. The magic of music had reached pure Harmony.

“That was fantastic, Octavia.” Lero's soft smile warmed Octavia.

Octavia looked up at him as he handed her a rose from one of the many being thrown on stage. She grabbed his hand and pulled him down to her level. This kiss was deep and passionate. Blood rushed through her body as a fire burned deep inside of her.

They broke the kiss and he spoke her name to her lovingly. “Octavia!”

Wait, that sounded like Vinyl.

“Octavia!”

Octavia bounced up and hit her head on Vinyl Scratch’s thick skull.

“Ouch!!!”

Octavia rubbed her skull as she tried to alleviate the pain. They were both normal now, the crystal enchantment had left them. “What happened?”

Vinyl laughed as she sat down across from her friend. They were back in the apartment. Vinyl must have carried her home. “You really don’t remember? You passed out when Lero played you like a cello. It must have been pretty good if it got you so worked up in your dreams as well.”

Octavia blushed as she smelled something familiar in the air.

“Their house smells like it too thanks to you.”

“S-shut up!”

PreviousChapters Next