• Published 12th May 2013
  • 1,716 Views, 33 Comments

War in Equestria: Eclipse and Dawn - Akasuna no Sasori

  • ...
9
 33
 1,716

Chapter 9:The Second Battle of Canterlot

Chapter 9: The Second Battle of Canterlot

Obito reappeared in front of Celestia.

“My soldiers will attack your pitiful city, and we will mow you down. But your fight is with me, your highness.”

“So be it, but this will be the most difficult battle you’ve ever fought, Akatsuki!”

Celestia swung her sword, but it merely passed through Obito.

“What?! I missed?!”

“Your highness, we won’t be fighting here. Our soldiers will fight here, you and I will be fighting elsewhere.”

Celestia vanished from the destroyed city, and Obito turned to face his men outside the walls.

“The time has come! Attack!”

Obito then vanished himself, leaving the two armies to engage each other.

“You heard what he said,” said Pain, “the time has come to end this war. Peace will wash over this troubled land at last.”

The griffon spear wall charged forward through the hole in the city wall while the crystal ponies held up their tower shields hoping the charge would be repelled.

Their hopes were sadly misplaced as the spears pushed through the shield, piercing the ponies on the other side.

“How did they get through our shields?!” Said a crystal pony.

“We captured a sergeant of yours and interrogated him. He told us everything we wanted to know about your kind, including the weaknesses to your weapons and armor!” Replied a girffon soldier.

The crystal ponies tried to hold the line, but realized they couldn’t. They dropped their shields, and pulled swords from their sheaths.

The griffons did the same, and the two groups attacked each other.

“Good, the first melee has begun.” Said Itachi.

He faced the Changelings. “GO! Support the griffons and take out the crystal ponies!”

“With pleasure, sir!” Said one of the changelings.

They charged into battle screaming their war cry. The changelings made contact with the crystal ponies, and with the griffons hammering them at the same time, it didn’t take long for the crystal ponies to begin retreating with only a fraction of their original force.

“We’ve got ‘em on the run! Keep hitting them!” Said one of the griffons.

The griffons and changelings pursued the crystal ponies around a street corner. As they turned said corner, they could a line of buffalo archers on the rooftops. It was the last thing many of them saw, as several changelings and griffons were cut down before retreating around the corner.

The Akatsuki had walked into town and were stepping over the dead crystal ponies when the retreating griffons and changelings ran into them.

“Itachi, sir! There’s a line of buffalo archers around the corner! We can’t get anywhere near them!” Said one of the griffons.

“I see, but have no fear. This problem can be easily remedied. Pain, I believe you-”

“I’m already on it.” Said Pain, as he walked around the corner.

The buffalo sent a rain of arrows down on Nagato.

“Almighty Push!”

The arrows ricocheted off the Almighty Push and were sent back towards the buffalo.

Some managed to get away, but several were cut down by their own arrows.

“The path is now clear. You may proceed, griffon.”

The griffons and changelings looked at each other in utter shock. They had never witnessed the Akatsuki fight before, and their powers amazed them.

“Of course, sir!”

The griffons and changelings resumed their charge down the street. They turned a second a corner where the buffalo previously were, and found no line of archers this time. Instead, there was a large groups of buffalo, minotaur, and the remaining crystal ponies wielding swords and axes prepared for close quarters combat.

“CHARGE!” Screamed the griffons and changelings as they ran towards the enemy formation.

They collided, and a great battle ensued. The griffons lost several of their number in the fight as did the the changelings, but they had won.

They walked over the dead bodies, proceeding towards the castle to claim ultimate victory over the enemy army.

“Going somewhere?”

The survivors looked up to see Queen Esmerelda standing on a building to their left.

“Yeah, where do you think you're going, huh? The fight’s not over yet!”

Leatherhorn and Chief Thunderhooves walked out from behind the same building.

“It’s Leatherhorn!” Said one of the griffons. “He’s the most dangerous minotaur alive!”

“That’s right! Now you’re going to watch me live up to that reputation!”

The blue minotaur charged what was left of the griffons and changelings. Those that weren’t killed by him, managed to fly away.

“Cowards! Get back on the ground where I can finish you off!”

“Allow me, Leatherhorn.” Said Queen Esmerelda as she flew off into the sky.

She caught up to the retreating group, and pointed her glowing horn at them. A great beam of light exploded from it, and incinerated the remaining griffons and changelings.

“Feel the might of the queen of the crystal ponies, you scoundrels!”

Deidara had been watching with his scope from a safe distance with Sasori.

“Hehehe, that crystal pony queen got the rest of them. It’s our time to shine, Sasori my man!”

“It would seem so. Let’s go then, Deidara.”

Sasori jumped onto the owl with Deidara and they flew over to where the three enemy leaders were.

“Excellent job, Esmerelda! You really are a fierce warrior and I’m proud to stand by your side!” Said Leatherhorn, as the Queen returned to her comrades.

“Thank you, Leatherhorn. You are a great warrior, too.”

“None of you will be great warriors by the time we’re done with you! Hmm!”

The three leaders turned to see Deidara and Sasori land.

Sasori chuckled when he saw Chief Thunderhooves and Leatherhorn. “Still alive I see. You two are real stubborn, aren’t you?”

“We’ll never stop fighting until you Akatsuki scum are dead!” Said Leatherhorn.

“Your words are meaningless. I killed you once, and I can do it again.”

Sasori removed two scrolls from his robe. Both were red with a white outline.

“This is my ultimate technique. Since Hiruko is gone, and the secrets of the 3rd Kazekage have been revealed, I have no choice but to use this.”

Sasori unbuttoned his robe, and let it fall to the ground. Two razor-sharp fan-like blades protruded from his back, and his open stomach cavity showed a cable wrapped around a pole in the center of his body. A small, white cylindrical-shaped object was embedded into the top left region of his chest. Esmerelda and the others recoiled when they saw his true body.

“Are you even really alive?” Asked Esmerelda.

Sasori laughed. “Oh yes! I am very much alive! I simply turned myself into a living, breathing, human puppet!”

“What does that even mean? Are you a zombie?” Asked Leatherhorn.

“Sasori my man, it seems you got this one. Is it fine if I just skedaddle?”

“Of course. Your help would be more beneficial elsewhere.”

Deidara jumped onto the owl, and flew away.

Sasori faced his opponents again. “Now, without further delay, let’s begin!”

He unraveled the two scrolls and several puppets with red clothing emerged from them.

The number of puppets grew and grew, until finally a shadow enveloped the entire street the combatants were standing on.

The puppets all had glowing red eyes, and carried sickles, scythes, swords, and other weapons. Some even had thick iron armor!

“When a junior member joins the Akatsuki, they must offer their senior member an offering. This was my first junior members' offering!”

Sasori opened a small cavity in the top right region of his chest, and several chakra threads shot out from it, connecting to all the puppets.

“Great Secret Red Move: Performance of the Uchiha Clan!”

The three White Eclipse leaders had no idea what “Uchiha” meant, but the number of enemies floating above their heads made them suspect it was something to be feared.

“This is a fine collection of 60 puppets! Each one is from the most powerful clan that ever existed in the Hidden Leaf Village! This is the end for all of you!”

Sasori swung his arms behind him, then forward again.

“10 Puppet Rush!”

Ten of Sasori’s puppets raced from the main group towards the waiting enemy.

“Get behind me, you two!” Said Esmerelda as she created a shield in front of them and herself.

“That won’t work!” Said Sasori as he put his hooves together. “Sharingan!”

The puppets’ eyes grew even brighter, then they quickened their pace towards Esmerelda. The puppets pointed their weapons straight at her horn, and collided with it. Esmerelda was knocked back along with her comrades. The puppets had broken the shield!

Sasori pulled the puppets back into the main group; all the while he laughed.

“Ho- how did you do that? No one has broken an alicorn shield with a direct attack, before!” Said Esmerelda as she stood up from the blow.

“It’s simple. While you ponies don’t have a chakra network like humans, you have an energy network is quite similar. Using the Uchiha Clan’s Sharingan, it was easy to figure out where your weak point was. That is, the place where the most energy is being concentrated-your horn.”

“But that is the only place magic can be expelled from the body!”

“Hahaha, not true. I’ve only been a unicorn for a few weeks, but I’ve figured out a few other release points. Even so, it doesn't matter. No amount of new knowledge will be useful to you when you’re dead!”

Sasori put his hooves together again. “Sharingan Spear!”

Several of the puppets lined up, followed by 5 more making an arrow-shaped head to the lined-up puppets. Sasori activated their Sharingan, and they rushed at the alicorn, minotaur, and buffalo again.

“Scatter, now!” Screamed Esmerelda.

“Too late!”

The puppets pointed their weapons towards the group, and the spear accelerated. The spears weapons struck something, but Sasori couldn’t see yet. To the left, Leatherhorn rolled away from the cluster of puppets, and to the right, Chief Thunderhooves tumbled out.

“Seems I got the precious Queen. She was the only enemy who could stand up to me for more than 30 seconds anyway.”

Sasori pulled the puppets away to see seven swords sticking out of the Queen. She was bleeding profusely, and her left leg was completely severed! One of the puppets drilled into her with its’ sword and pinned it into the street at an angle behind her!

“ESMERELDA!” Screamed her comrades in unison.

“Do- don’t worry ab- about m- me. Just sur- survive for the al- alliance’s sake.”

Esmerelda smiled even as pints of her own blood poured out of her mouth and her wounds. Then she faced Sasori.

“I ma- may not be as stro- strong as Cel- Celestia, but I wi- will give you a good fi- fight!”

Esmeralda Began focusing all of her remaining energy into her horn.

“I won’t let you harm anypony else!” She screamed with all her remaining strength, then blasted the energy from her horn.

Sasori smiled, and stretch the coil from his body and latched onto a nearby building.

The energy shot missed him completely and sped off into the distance.

Esmerelda couldn’t even speak. She had used everything she had left. The “Great Queen of the Crystal Empire” fell to her side and remained motionless.

“YOU KILLED HER!” Screamed Leatherhorn.

“Yes, that is accurate. But we are soldiers, aren’t we? It is our job to kill the enemy. Now, you will die, too.”

The blades protruding from Sasori’s back began to spin quickly, and soon he was airborne and flying towards the two non-pony leaders. Sasori was moving so quick, he covered almost 50 feet of distance in just a few seconds!

The blades swung outward, and Sasori moved in between Leatherhorn and Chief Thunderhooves. As he did, the blades struck them both, ripping them to shreds.

He landed behind them, and the blades retracted into his back.

“This fight is over.”

Leatherhorn and Chief Thunderhooves shot a spurt of blood from their mouths then fell to the ground. Sasori walked over to them to make sure they were dead.

“I can’t have you escaping me again. This time, you will be dead.”

Sasori aimed his front hooves at them. The hooves opened up to reveal a metal tube underneath. A continuous burst of flame shot from each tube! Sasori kept the streams alive until the bodies were nothing but piles of ash.

Sasori reconnected his hooves to his legs, and walked over to his puppets. He put his robe back on, and sealed the puppets back into the scrolls. He put the scrolls back into his robe, and walked past the dead leaders towards the castle.

Sasori walked up a set of stairs until he was at the top of a large tower on the castle. He looked down at the remaining enemy soldiers getting killed or captured, then raised the Rising Dawn flag on the tower.

A cheer could be heard shortly after from the Rising Dawn troops in the streets.

Sasori smiled and walked back down the stairs to the rest of the Akatsuki waiting in the streets.

“That was excellent work, Sasori. I couldn’t have done it better myself.” Said Itachi.

“It was nothing. Those three were weaklings beyond the definition of the word.”

“Congratulations on your victory all the same. But not, it is time to return to the shack. Obito has ordered all Akatsuki members to return there to await further orders. The remaining soldiers are to stay here and secure the city.”

Deidara flew down and picked up the other Akatsuki members and soared back towards the Rising Dawn’s humble HQ.

- - - - -

Celestia and Obito reappeared on a flat terrain covered in grass. Celestia stood up to see where she was. Her mouth dropped open when she looked down from the top of the highest mountain she had ever been on!

“We are no longer in Equestria, your highness. I felt it was only appropriate to choose a battleground where neither of us would have a tactical advantage over the other.”

“Then where are we?”

“We are in the Dragon Dominion. Specifically, we are on Red Rock-the tallest mountain in the Dragon Dominion.”

Celestia faced Obito; her teeth barred.

“You’re the mastermind behind the Akatsuki, aren’t you?”

Obito nodded. “Yes, I am Obito Uchiha; leader of the Akatsuki. I have a new title as of a few moments ago, though.”

“What would that be?”

“Your executioner!”