• Published 8th May 2013
  • 1,303 Views, 22 Comments

A Guard and His Fillies - locasoX



After a magic accident, the Bearers of Harmony have been returned to a state in which they need somepony to look after them, Celestia assigns the job to an unorthodox, but loyal, guard.

  • ...
4
 22
 1,303

Chapter 1

The royal guards everypony knows them by the golden set of armor and the unreadable exprecion at all times what many ponies don't know is that to archive that exprecion all guards are made to cross Tartarus itself or at least the three years of training camp but the only difference is that in Tartarus one is not called a filly every time one breaks a bone and scream bloody murder.

Basic training is separated in two parts the hellish first year know as The Grinder during this year the cadets are told to run, fly, levitate, pull, push and fight until they cant stand the pain in their bodies and the some. Of course more than just brawl is needed to be part of the guard, one must train its mind as well, the cadets are constantly tested in equestrian history, economics and politics to ensure that they do not offend any foreigner to equestrian soil. At the end of the year the cadets that managed to stay in the camp are separate into three groups The Frontier Guard, The City Guard and The Sentinels.

The Frontier Guard are tasked with the monitoring of the borders of Equestria constantly fighting monsters or bandits trying to cross the border for any reason the need to be the fastest of the guards the cadets that excel in the speed department are assigned to this division.

The City guard are the guards in charge of monitoring the streets of cities like Canterlot or Fillydelphia to make sure there are no trouble in the streets from dunk ponies causing trouble to a lost filly or colt that have got themselves lost. these guards need to be fast on their head to be able to identify a problem and solve it in a way that would made the rest of the population feel secure.

Lastly we have The Sentinel the Strongest and more unreadable of the all these are the guard that have to stay still for insanely long periods of time and take the abuse of the heat, the cold and the ponies trying to distract them like a filly with crayons or a colt poking. Many say that this is the easiest of the posts for a guard to have, and while it is without a doubt the least exiting of them is far from easy not anypony can stand still for such long periods of time without drinking or blinking they truly are the stallion among stallions (or mare among mares if one is female).

And is here at the west garden entrance that one will find me the sentinel Draft Script crimson red unicorn stallion with a black mane and tail and a scrip cutie mark concealed under the golden armor standing still as a statue guarding the doors to the palace with my spear firmly hold in my red magic aura covered in birds that have mistake me for a statue, witch in itself its a compliment for a sentinel and luckily for me none of them have the need to do their business on me......yet.

Since the palace is the place of residence for the princesses and the royals it has to be guarded 24/7 the first tun starts at 7 in the morning then there is a guard change and the night guard comes at 7 in the afternoon for their own 7 to 7 shift, in doing so the day guard its free to go for a drink, visit that special somepony or doing whatever they want to do (as long it is no against the law of course) instead of staying still as a statue.

One must understand a pony with a guarding cutie mark is something rare, most of the guards are actually ponies that chose to be a guard for some or other reason. Some do it for the mares, others for the travels and others for the excuse to hurt ponies and get paid for it.

I joined because as an adventure writer the experience of the pain in the training camp really helped since i learned first hoof of the many ways the body have to experience suffering, now I past the time between shifts to write or rest ..... mostly rest sine the books I write are family oriented i don't have to fear the rage of my fans if i take to long to finish another book ...... that and i write under an alias `Inked Sword´, if my readers found out i was in a specific place during such a long period of time the will surely came to harsh me and demand that i make the favorite characters appear more often.

Today has been and uneventful day no ancient chaos spirit revived, no princess turn evil queen, no bug shapeshifter invasion but most importantly no school trip to the gardens. Its middle spring so its no surprise most schools are preparing for exams and the kids are preparing for the summer so days like this are welcome while they last.

It will soon be the time for the guard shift and i for my part cant wait for the end of my shift, today my writing machine finally arrived after two month on the restoration center for a well earned re calibration and i have been itching for a chance to start writing again.

A golden light grabs my attention on the right side of the garden and i see Commander Barricade he is an old stallion with brown coat and black short mane and tail he is in charge of the sentinels of the palace, he a nice but slow stallion he sometimes forgets things that should come as a second nature to all of the guards but he usually remember after a couple of seconds.

"Commander Barricade sir!" I salute when he comes close to me.

"At ease solder" he says and after examining me he asks "are you Draft Script?"

"Yes sir. What can i do for you? sir!" I ask him and it seems he relaxes a little after hearing confirmation of my identity.

"Good. I have been looking for you, the princess asked me to come and tell you to meet her in her chambers once you finish your shift" having finished his mission he turns and start to walk away before suddenly stooping and saying "Princess Celestia was the one that asked for you, i keep forgetting we have two princesses now" he chuckles as he restart his retreat.

I keep my eyes looking directly in front of me, i have to keep position until the night shift arrives in more or less an hour, but i am intrigued in what does The Princess wants with me. I sure hope this isn't one of her plans to get my secret lemon pie recipe or help her get back to Princess Luna for that sugar free cake she gave her instead of the super choco banana cream filled one that was supposed to be last nights direst.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After half an hour i can finally see the batpony in charge of the night shift, dark gray coat and messy white mane and tail and bat wings, i have no idea what her cutie mark is, coming to meet me for the guard shift wearing the classic black night guard armor and a mean set of claws on its hooves.

"Draft Scrip I am here to relive you of your post for the night" he says while saluting in front of me.

"Understood, Silent Wind good luck" I salute and leave trough the doors behind me allowing Silent Wind to take position, then i make my way trough the castle looking for The Princess room.

The inside of the castle is as clean as ever and the marble flour and columns shine with such force that it fills like its midday outside and the light coming trough windows makes for a pretty cool light show, its alas a pleasure walking these corridors (giving the exception of an enemy attack of course).

Having arrived to my destination i knock on the door and i don't have to wait more than a second to receive and answer.

"Come on in" says the princess with a strange absent tone like she just say that like an automatic action to my knocking.

Opening the door with my magic i made my way inside and am greeted with the back of the Princess her room does not have much light which in itself is strange, i can barely see what appear to be photos over the fire place, the alicon sized bed with it silky yellow covers, and it appears that the purple velvet curtains are closed, she seems to be looking at something in front of her but i cant tell what it is from where I`m standing. Since she doesn't seem to take notice of my presence I ask "you wanted to see me Princess?"

She then looks up from whatever she have been staring at to look at my surprise flashing on her face for a second before she took notice of who i was. "oh. Draft Script you are here, good, i need to ask a favor of you"

"If you are going to ask about the secret recipe for my lemon pie I already told you its a family recipe I cant give it to anypony outside of the family, even you Princess."

"Oh no nothing like that,..... but i would oppose if you were willing to share it" she say with an `angelic´ smile.

I shoot a unnamed stare at her until she continue.

"Okay fine keep it to yourself for now but i will have in time." She pouts a little before addressing me with a more serious face.

"No the reason i have ask you to come is this." she tells me and move to the right allowing me to see a rather big basket then signaling for me to go and look inside it.

I do so and cant help but rise an eyebrow at the contents of the basket "what the.." inside it lay resting six fillies not older than six years if i had to guess.

The fist one i note is a unicorn with a lavender coat and a straight purple with a pink striped mane and tail and a pink star with little white stars around it as a cutie mark.

Then an earth pony with a light pink coat and a puffy bright pink mane and tail (that looks remarkably similar to cotton candy) and the balloons as a cutie mark and another earth pony with orange coat and golden mane and tail and for some reason a really big (at least for her size) cowpony hat some freckles and there apples as a cutie mark

There is an unicorn with a coat white as marble and a curled purple mane and tail and there diamonds as a cutie mark, then a cyan pegasus with a prismatic colored mane and tail and a storm cloud firing a prismatic lighting and lastly a yellow pegasus with a long light pink mane and tail and there butterflies as a cutie mark


"Why do you have six fillies on this basket Princess" I ask a more than a little confused at the sight.

"well... it was my students accident, its been so long since the last time i saw her that i asked to see if she had learned any new spell and to my delight that spell was an age regressing spell, those are some high level spells so I was curious to see how well she could perform them so I asked for she to demonstrate."

" And she messed up." I cut in.

"No... well not at the beginning she didn't she was doing grate, perfect control of the power, the form and the flow of the spell...Then one of her friends got really exited and start to run to her to congratulate her with a hug, she unfortunately did so mid spell making my student lose control and blasting the entire chamber turning herself and her friends on fillies"

"If you were there Princess,why were you not affected by the spell?" I asked in confusion.

The Princess laugh at my question then say "But the spell did affect me it just that you cannot see the effects" She answers and now I´m more confused.

"Just how old are you Princess?" I ask before realizing what I just asked.

"A gentelstallion never ask a lady her age Draft Script" She turn to me when answering and I immediately nod and shut up.

"I need you to look after them while the spell wears of, by my calculations it should take a week before we can attempt to dispel it" she pauses to look at the fillies "In the mean time you are to feed and take care of them in your house, do not worry yourself with details, i have modified their memories, they are going to believe you are their foalsitter while their parents go on a trip around the world that each won on the lottery."

"But princess i don't have children of my own, how will I know what to do with six fillies by myself, isn't there somepony better qualified for this task?" I ask in a mixture of fear and confusion, this is to much to fast.

"While there is one capable of easily taking care of six fillies i fear that since she married my students brother they may be biased, and you must not fear, taking care of six fillies may be tiresome but i trust that with your training as a sentinel and your unnaturally strong will that you have what it takes to do this job"

While its true that my only good point is my will and i have the `more time without blinking record in Equestria´ to prove it i am hesitant in accepting this mission, but if I was chose be the princess to look after her student and her friend that shows that she trusts me to do this job.

"Ok..." *sigh* "I will do it but once this is over i will take a 4 month vacation, deal?" I finish with a small smile extending my hoof to The Princess.

"Deal" she shakes my hoof to seal the deal smiling at me, showing me the confidence she puts in me.

I use my magic to slowly pick up the basket and turn to leave for my home.

"Next time you dump some fillies on me i expect at the very least a little booze and a night of passion before you give them to me, it the right order of things like this" i finished while closing the door and i can hear The Princess laugh.

Guess writing is gonna have to wait.

Author's Note:

what do you guys (or girls i really dont know) think of the first chapter of the redo.

i personally am happy that i was able to make a 2400 word chapter and believe it was my best chapter yet.

still need an editor and a pre reader. i already posted in looking for editors but nopony answers :(

dont know how much it will take me to uploadthe next one hopefully not as long as it did to get my gear running again.