• Published 1st May 2013
  • 3,279 Views, 95 Comments

I Am Twilight Sparkle - Mike the Red



What if Michael Walker woke up as Twilight Sparkle, but did not revert to his human form and did not travel to Equestria? How does he adapt to his new life on Earth as Twilight?

  • ...
16
 95
 3,279

An Unexpected Trip

The crowd stood in stunned silence as Trixie-me, other Trixie and I held fore-hooves and blinked out of the stadium, the teleport landing us in Canterlot Castle's Royal Throne Room. A regal white Alicorn sat atop a very ornate throne, smiling serenely. Upon seeing me, her smile widened a little.

"Twilight, my faithful student! It is a pleasure to see you once again!" she said warmly.

"Princess Celestia, I am Michael Walker -- though Twilight is in here with me. I am curious to know if you are the same Princess Celestia who visited me on my human home world, or if this is yet another alternate universe," I stated flatly.

"This is an interesting conundrum. You claim to have two psyches in the same body? Most intriguing. I have not visited your human home world, but I am quite certain it would hold utter fascination for me."

"Indeed it would, your Majesty, but there is a rather pressing matter I have to deal with. Discord runs free in my home world and has messed with our calendar. The other Element Bearers are there as well, but I don't have the relics, nor do I have access to them. Adding to that is the fact that we have only been together as a whole for just a few days. I believe I was the first human transformed into a pony --"

"Michael Walker -- there are two of you! There is a version of Trixie here who also claims to be Michael Walker!" the Princess stated in exasperation.

"Indeed, your Majesty -- I accompanied him -- or is it her? Anyway, I was hoping you might be able to assist me in some way, Princess," I stated.

"You already understand the need to build strong bonds of friendship, don't you?" she asked.

"Yes, your Majesty -- another version of you instructed me that I would need for our group to strengthen our bonds of friendship. This is complicated by the fact that the other ponies share their bodies with the minds of humans as well. There is a version of Trixie we left behind on my home world who seeks to repress the human mind trapped in her body."

"Then time is rather short, Michael. Even though I cannot give you our Elements, I can provide you with an amulet that augments your natural magic talents. Since you have told me you and Twilight share her body, I sense from your intellect that you have a fairly firm grasp on what sort of magic Twilight is capable of -- additionally, she can assist you as well. You are quite fortunate, Michael." The Alicorn turned her attention to Trixie-me. "Michael? Thank you for bringing your counterpart here to meet me. I will provide you with a similar amulet to assist you in your endeavors as well."

"Thank you, your Majesty," Trixie-me stated reverently, bowing deeply before the Sun Goddess. I mimicked my counterpart's act.

"You have my deepest gratitude, your Majesty," I stated, bowing deeply before her.

"Trixie is confused, but appreciates your kindness, Princess Celestia," she said and bowed as well.

The Alicorn used her magic to summon a pair of amulets, strongly resembling the Alicorn Amulet which Trixie wore awhile back, though the one for Trixie-me had a blue diamond inset and mine had a purple diamond inset. Upon placing the amulet around my neck, I could feel a surge of power.

You should be careful, Michael -- the amulet might have a corrupting influence on you. I heard Twilight's voice in my head and seemed to be able to see her as well. "Twilight, you should be able to control this power as well," I stated aloud.

"You talk to Twilight, Michael? Did she say something to you?" asked the Princess.

"She told me to exercise caution in the use of this talisman," I replied. "Said it might have a corrupting influence."

"I can assure you, Michael and Twilight, that the amulet I have provided has no such dangers associated with it. I will be watching how you use it, though, as each of those amulets have specific magic signatures to which I am attuned. So even though those amulets will allow you to wield a considerably larger amount of power than what you are normally capable of, they also allow me to monitor their use. Consider this a warning -- irresponsible use will lead to unpleasant consequences."

"Yes, your Majesty," Trixie-me and I stated simultaneously. The Alicorn giggled softly. My counterpart and I turned to each other and grinned.

"Your Majesty, begging your pardon, but I won't be able to face Discord alone with this, will I? And if so, I won't exactly be able to defeat him either, will I?" I asked.

"No, but that amulet will allow you to discover the location of the necessary artifacts you and the other Element Bearers will need in order to defeat him. I suggest you get going as there is no telling how much time you have for further delay."

"Mike? Can you take me back to where you picked me up from?" I asked my counterpart.

"Yeah, I can do that. Trixie, let's go once again, then we'll be off again!" he chortled. I took Trixie's left fore-hoof as my counterpart took her right fore-hoof.

"Trixie feels so strange when this happens," she mused. "Trixie would like to spend some time with Sparkle, though."

I chuckled at her request. "Perhaps another time, another place, Trixie. Not here, not now, not today. Sorry."

We blinked out of existence once again and landed back in the stadium. As soon as we returned, Trixie let me go and then hugged my counterpart as they left again. It took me a few moments to get my bearings and saw that most of the crowd had left the stadium at this point, the remaining people filing through the exits. A Hasbro company exec spotted me upon my return and walked over to me, frowning in disapproval. Gwen/Trixie seemed to be bored, but wearing a smirk.

"Where did you go, Twilight? You understand you are considered our property. Any more stunts like that and we will sue you for breach of contract!" he stated angrily.

"I went to Equestria to talk to Princess Celestia, who has provided me with a special amulet. I can already sense certain magic signatures which resonate in harmony with this amulet -- this is kinda cool," I chuckled. "Look, we have to stop Discord -- once we take care of that matter, I can help your company out further."

"I don't care who's running loose around here, even if it IS Discord! Your contract also states you are to perform to a certain set of standards and if you don't meet them, that is also grounds for a lawsuit for breach of contract!"

"Very well then, sir. I apologize for leaving the field of battle."

"That's better. Don't do it again!" he nearly shouted at me. I glared at him and my eyes flashed purple for a moment, which surprised him. "Don't threaten me, either!"

"I didn't say anything," I stated flatly.

"Your eyes flashed at me, as though you intended to do physical harm with the aid of that amulet you're wearing!"

"Sorry, but I don't take to well to being shouted at. I believe at the very least I deserve some respect, as I still have a human mind inside this body. Please remember that if nothing else."

"Okay, I'll try to keep from shouting, but the vice president of operations chewed me out for letting you get away like that, and I don't want to have to deal with him like that again. Stuff rolls downhill, you know that," he said.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Since everybody's left the stadium, I suppose we have to do another appearance and duel, don't we?"

"Yes you do, and getting another arena appearance like this might be a bit more difficult, given what just happened here."

"Trixie demands a rematch!" she shouted. "Gwen kept Trixie from defeating you, Sparkle!"

"Trixie, calm down, you'll get another chance at that later," I stated. The show-mare noticed my amulet at that point.

"Trixie wants an amulet as well, Sparkle! Where did you get yours?"

"Princess Celestia gave it to me. I need to find the Elements of Harmony relics and this talisman will help me locate them."

"Does it enhance your magic power?"

"Yes it does, Trixie," I said, offering a smug smirk. Her expression turned to one of anger.

"Not fair! Trixie needs an amulet if she is going to defeat you!"

"It was not given to me for that purpose, Trixie. Princess Celestia can monitor how this amulet is used, so I must exercise restraint with regard to how I use it," I explained. Her anger subsided.

"Trixie still wants one, though," she complained.

"Depending on how well you behave, when we deal with Discord, perhaps I might be able to persuade Celestia to give you one -- but she also warned me not to misuse it, as she stated there would be unpleasant consequences otherwise."

"Does that mean Celestia does not trust Sparkle?"

"I wouldn't put it like that, Trixie. I think she might not trust me -- even though Twilight is in here with me, she offers me advice from time to time -- and I let her take control of her body as well sometimes. We have worked out a symbiotic relationship for controlling her body. You should do the same with Gwen, Trixie."

"Gwen is weak! Trixie is strong! Trixie will not let Gwen regain control of Trixie's body again!"