• Published 26th Apr 2013
  • 572 Views, 25 Comments

The Crimson Moonlight - Octavia Philharmonica



An evil pony has a plan for major revenge on the mane 6

  • ...
4
 25
 572

Debt of Moonlight

Drip, drop, drip. I can hear the rain, every drop hitting the floor at such high speeds, my mind can't help but analyze everything around it, I'm scared, and I can't speak. I can't help it. I could die right here. I probably will. There's nopony around to help me. I left all my friends behind. Why didn't I listen to them? Why did I get mixed up in this? I don't know what to do. I'm tied up here in an alleyway, bound against my will, this evil mare standing over me. My vision is getting blurry, I can't remember anything, what was her name? What did she look like? I wish I could scream for help, but I'm too tired… I can see a blur. She's gonna do it now… she's gonna kill me… my life is flashing before my eyes… She walked up to me and spoke, just seven words that made my heart shatter with fear. “Neither a Borrower nor a lender be.”… I am Rainbow Dash… does my story really end here?

One week earlier, my life was different. I woke up that morning, same as any other, I got up, and fixed my rainbow colored mane, yeah it's rainbow, like, Roy G. Biv or whatever. Just then a gray blonde maned Pegasus named Derpy flew over my head, I looked up and that's when her bag hit me right in the face. “Ow!” I said as the Pegasus landed next to me to apologize, as she landed I glanced at the bubbly cutie mark on her flank, it sure was fitting for her.

“Sorry Rainbow Dash! I got distracted thinking about muffins, and panicked when I saw I missed you! I have a letter in there for you somewhere!” she explained, her eyes crossed as always. One looking up, the other looking down. I wondered how she could see me at all like that.

“Huh, a letter? I don't normally get letters. All my friends live nearby.” I reached in the bag and found the letter “Here it is, thanks Derpy! See ya later, and be more careful with that thing.” She nodded and left with her usual cross eyed smile. I opened the letter up and read though it casually, my eyes grew wide. “No way… It’s finally happening! It's my time to shine!”

“What’s happenin', Sugar Cube?” My friend AppleJack said as she walked up with my other four friends. She was an orange earth pony and had a long blonde mane and a cowboy hat, and her cutie mark was simple enough, just three apples arranged in a sort of triangle style. She was a farmer who worked at the Sweet Apple Acres, making apples for everypony. Next to her was Twilight Sparkle, a purple unicorn with a dark purple mane, it had a dark pink streak running through it and her tail. She was the smartest of all of us, knowing more spells than any unicorn ever, her cutie mark looked like some kind of pink star or something, and it was sparkling. Then there was Pinkie Pie, she had a pink curly mane, like crazy curly, and she loved to party, which is why she had three balloons as her cutie mark. Next was Rarity, she was the girliest unicorn, or any mare for that matter, I had ever met. She loved to design dresses and loved expensive and shiny things, that's why her cutie mark showed three little diamonds. Last but not least was Fluttershy. She had a long light pink mane and she loved animals, her cutie mark was a trio of butterflies, which I guess is because she's innocent and never hurts anyone or anything. She's been my best friend since I was a filly, before I ever moved to Ponyville

“Yeah Rainbow Dash, what’s going on?” Pinkie Pie said, in her usual cheery voice.

“I just got a letter from the Wonderbolts! It says that I'm eligible to join them if I can pass their final entry exam, and after all that training at the Wonderbolt academy I know I can do it!” The Wonderbolts were the fastest air force in Equestria. They were legendary, and it's been my dream to join them since I was just a little filly. “I can't believe this is happening!” I said as I continued to read the letter, my smile quickly turned sour “What the Heck?!”

“What’s wrong, Rainbow Dash? I hope we aren't intruding...” Fluttershy said, blaming herself as always.

“It's not you guys, it's this entry letter! It says I have to pay 1,500 bits in three days to take the exam! I don't have that kind of money!”

Rarity gasped “That just isn't fair, dear! How can they expect you to pay that? Your job does not pay nearly enough!”

“Gee thanks for reminding me, Rarity” I said, still annoyed at the whole situation. I couldn't possibly come up with that kind of money anytime soon, and according to this letter I had three days to do it. I needed a plan, a smile suddenly arose on my face.

Twilight looked at me worried “Rainbow Dash? Why are you smiling like that? What are you thinking about?”

“It's easy guys! I just have to borrow the 1500 bits and pay it back when I'm a Wonderbolt! They make easy money!” I was prideful of my brilliant idea, and I knew it would work without a hitch.

“That's a terrible idea!” Twilight shouted, bruising my ego. “Borrowing that kind of money can get really dangerous! I mean, what if you never even get to take the exam? Then what? The money will be gone and you'll be bankrupt! Besides, haven't you ever heard the saying 'neither a borrower nor a lender be'?” Twilight said with a serious tone, it was obvious my idea annoyed her. “We'll come up with a way to raise the money.”

I sighed, and agreed to avoid an argument. “Fine. But I really don't see how you expect to do it, none of us could make that money in three days, even together.”

“Don't worry Rainbow Dash, well do it for ya!” Said Pinkie Pie, giving her widest smile, her smiles always made me feel reassured....but not this time, this time things were desperate, and I needed to think. We all said goodbye and went off in different directions. It was weird though, I had a feeling we were being watched.

That night as I was walking home from working on the weather, too tired to fly, I could hear someone call out to me. “psst....come here....over here to the alley, quickly!” I don't know why I didn't run, but for some reason I felt the need to listen, so I walked over to the voice, as I entered the alleyway I could make out a figure, it stepped closer revealing itself to be a mare, a unicorn with dark purple hair, a lot of mares have purple hair around here for some reason. Myself included, even if it's only a part. Her eyes though, they were scary. Blood red, with a look of revenge. She was a pure black mare, it was hard to even see her, she blended into the shadows, and her cutie mark seemed to be a crimson moon. Thankfully, she only wanted to talk about something.

“Hello dear, how are you doing tonight?” she said, with a sweet voice, it sounded sincere.

“Hey...I'm fine, why?” I said, a little confused about this whole situation.

“Oh no reason, you just seemed troubled. Are you sure nothing is wrong? Your face looks worried, as though you were in a panic, you need something done fast, don't you? Perhaps there is a way I can assist you?” It was like she knew. Am I that obvious?

“No, sorry I don't-....well, maybe, I am having a little trouble.”

She grinned, she seemed so happy to find this out “Tell me then dear, I promise I can make all your problems go away with little effort, doesn't that sound wonderful?”

“Well… Yeah it does, but unless you have 1500 bits I could-” She cut me off quickly, not letting me finish the joke.

“Of course I do. I have more money than I would ever need, so I could give you a loan, granted you can be trusted to pay it back?” she said, her grin turning more sinister as she went on. I needed a moment to think, then I spoke.

“Of course I can pay it back, by when?” I asked, I already regretted my choice, but I kept going “I gotta know just in case, I mean when I'm a Wonderbolt, I can pay you back easy!” I sounded confident, even though I felt like I was lying.

“Oh well, I'm sure that's true, but it is a lot of money, so let’s say… Sunday?” She chuckled as she said this.

“WHAT?! That's really short notice!!” I shouted in pure disbelief, even if I was a Wonderbolt could I pay it off that fast?

“Now now, keep your voice down. I understand, my apologies, I suppose you don't want the money then. Oh well, I'm sure there are other ponies out there who would, sorry to bother you, Rainbow Dash” she turned to walk off, I didn't consider for a split second how she knew my name, I had to stop her.

“Wait!” I shouted “I'll take it! I'll pay it off by Sunday I promise!” I couldn't stop myself, my mouth was writing checks I knew I couldn't cash, I needed to stop, but I didn't want to. I wanted the money, I wanted to take the exam, and I wanted to finally live my dream!

She turned around, grinning “Excellent.” she turned and reached for a bag, then she tossed it to me “There you are, 1500 bits. Just what you needed right?”

I nodded. “Right, thank you so much! You've saved my life! Well, my dream, but same thing!” I paused for a second “Say, whats your name?”

She hesitated, it was strange, like she took a moment to process what I asked. “Call me Moon, please.”

“Alright” I said “Moon it is, thanks again, and I’ll see you Sunday, once I'm a Wonderbolt!” I was so happy I decided to fly home, I went at record speed too, and the money bag didn't slow me down in the slightest. Things were finally going my way, and my dream was just around the corner. All I needed to do was take that test, and make sure my friends never caught on to what I was doing. Easy enough, right?

Tuesday was a pretty boring day for me, I pretty much sat around and did nothing, except for when Fluttershy came over and asked me to go to Cloudsdale with her. It wasn't far so I decided to say yes, I had business there anyway. The exam was on Thursday but I needed to go to Cloudsdale to turn in the money. The two of us didn't have much to do there so we didn't pack or anything, we just left. The reason she asked me is because only Pegasi can go there, 'cause unless a unicorn uses a spell, only we can walk on clouds.

When we got there I looked around. “Hey Fluttershy, I need to go do something.” I pointed to a nearby cafe and said “meet me over there in about 15 minutes okay? Or whenever you get done with what you need to do.”

“Oh…okay” she said. “Sorry if I'm getting on your nerves… I’ll meet you there, I promise, I'm only getting some special food for Angel Bunny.” She waved as she walked off.

This was my chance to go by the Wonderbolt academy. I managed to sneak the money in here past Fluttershy, so I flew off as fast as I could towards the Academy, my rainbow mane blowing back in the wind. As I got close to it I slowed down and I walked into the office building, there was a receptionist at the desk, she was typing something but didn't seem busy. I walked up to her slowly. “Hi, I'm here to turn in some Exam money?” I said, holding up the bag

Without looking up she said “mhm, how much hun?”

“All of it.” I said, holding the bag to her. She looked up and her eyes widened, she didn't seem to expect a full payment. She simply pointed down a nearby hall, still in shock, as if she expected me to walk that way. Ahe was pointing at Spitfire's office. Spitfire was my idol, she was the best of the Wonderbolts and I had met her a few times before. I wondered if she’d be happy to know I had the money. I began to walk down the hall, holding the money firmly in my right hoof, I moved the hair out of my face as I didn't want to look bad seeing Spitfire again. I knocked on the door quickly.

“Come in!” I heard somepony call, so I opened the door and walked inside. There she was, sitting at her desk with her awesome fiery mane. “Oh! Rainbow Dash, good to see you! What’s up?” I didn't know what to say so I put the money on her desk “What is this?” she asked “Is this your exam money?” I simply nodded “Wow, in full too?” She asked as she took out the money and counted through it, I nodded again “C'mon, cat got your tongue?”

“N-no” I said, nervously “I was just waiting for your reaction.”

“Well, color me impressed, I can't wait to see you Thursday. I've known you a while Rainbow Dash, and I know for sure you can pass this test. You'll be one of us, I guarantee it. Best part, your first paycheck will be on Sunday morning, truth be told we do that to pay you back for the exam.” She said with a smile.

“Oh wow! Thanks Spitfire!” I said excitedly. “Well, I gotta go meet a friend at the cafe, I’ll see you later, okay?”

“Alright Rainbow Dash, See ya!” she said with a wave as I left her office, beaming with joy. It was all finally happening for me, come Thursday I was gonna be a Wonderbolt, and at that point my life would have been absolutely perfect. When I finally got to the Cafe, Fluttershy wasn't there yet, I was confused so I ordered a couple drinks for us, and some muffins. A minute or so after I ordered she showed up, she took a seat at my table and we started talking.

“I'm sorry I took so long Rainbow Dash…” She said, looking down at the table.

“It's fine Fluttershy, I don't mind, honestly I was a little bit late too, you only showed up a minute after me.” I smiled, trying to assure her it was fine. Her and I hadn't been here since we were fillys. We grew up in Cloudsdale and it brought back memories to be here again, mostly of her getting bullied by some jerk and me having to come to her rescue, which still happens from time to time, but I don't mind protecting her. She's my best friend after all. I got lost in these thoughts when she suddenly snapped me out of it.


“So we came up with a way to raise the money by Thursday… if that's okay” I was frozen with fear now, what could I say? I couldn't tell the truth, if I did she would be furious… no… no even worse, she'd cry. She'd cry her eyes out, and I’d feel like garbage. I wasn't about to make her cry, I had to find a way out of this… it sure is a good thing AppleJack is the honest one.

“Really? That's great to hear, but uh, I already got it covered.” I said, not looking her in the eyes. This was hard to do, I hated lying to her. “Spitfire already agreed to pay for me, since we're friends and all”

“Oh that's great! Everyone will be so happy to hear that, I can't wait to tell them when we get home. Oh, speaking of, we should go now, it's getting late and tomorrow we have to help AppleJack and Pinkie Pie with some house work at Sugarcube Corner.” I had forgotten about that, Pinkie Pie asked us to help her clean Sugarcube Corner, the sweets shop she lives at with Mr. and Mrs. Cake. Fluttershy was right, it would be a long day and we'd need the rest. Somepony had recently broken in there and busted it all up, nopony knows who or why, they didn’t take anything, just break stuff.

“Alright Fluttershy, that's probably a good idea.” after that our muffins and drinks arrived, Fluttershy was thankful I ordered them but she insisted on paying, so I gave in and let her. !e headed home with our food and talked on the way about the next day. I was looking forward to hanging out with them.

The next day was the same as any other, woke up, fixed the mane, the usual. I headed over to Sugarcube corner and met up with Pinkie Pie and AppleJack who were already there and cleaning, Fluttershy was late for some reason, so I joined the others in cleaning, we were almost done when Fluttershy showed up.

“Hey there Sugarcube! What was holdin' ya up? We're darn near finished cleanin'” AppleJack said playfully, she wasn't upset, just curious

“O-oh, I'm sorry...I didn't mean to take so long...I was watching something, and I couldn't look away...” Fluttershy said, upset with herself again

“Oh don't be sad Fluttershy! Whatever it was I'm sure it was important! Now give me a great big smile!” Said Pinkie Pie, making a silly face to cheer her up, it made Fluttershy smile and we all laughed, we had fun together cleaning the rest of the house and finished with time to spare, that was when Twilight ran in, and she looked worried.

“Guys! Rarity's house was broken into! Someone destroyed everything she had! She just got through having a panic attack and went to the police for help! But this is the worst part, investigations show that it was the same person who vandalized Sugar cube corner, using the same magic!” This was getting to be a problem, nobody knows why it was happening, it just was, and it was getting everyone down.

“Someone needs to find out who's doing this and stop it, and when I'm a Wonderbolt I'll be the one to do it!” I said Sternly, I was serious, the first person I was gonna hunt was this vandal. “That's a promise.” When we had double checked to make sure everything was in place we decided to go comfort Rarity in her hard time, well, the rest of them did, the day had gone by so fast, and I didn’t realize it. It was only 9:00 but I wanted to sleep early, my exam was too important to stay up late. Tomorrow was the day, the day I would become a Wonderbolt!

The next morning I woke up, much earlier than normal, I was ready for the exam, I knew everything I needed to, I flew off as fast as I can to Cloudsdale to take the exam. When I got to the classroom there were several Pegasi there, ready to take this exam too. I knew all of them couldn't join, and thanks to Spitfire I knew I was a shoo-in, that was when Spitfire walked in. I took my seat and she spoke “Alright everypony, it's time for your Wonderbolt entry exams, this will decide once and for all if you have the knowledge it takes to be a Wonderbolt. You'll get three hours to finish, at the alarm you put your pencils down, no matter what, if you keep going it's an automatic zero. Good luck, and remember to stay focused!”

she set a timer and we all began the exams, it all came naturally to me, I knew exactly what I was doing, all the answers were so obvious to me, I whispered to myself “heh, this is so easy, there's no way I can fail.” I kept going and going till I had finally finished with 30 minutes to spare, I turned in my test and said bye to Spitfire, I told her how well I knew I did and she looked proud of me, I was excited, come Saturday I would get a letter telling me I passed, then I'd be able to pay off Moon on Sunday. Everything was perfect, absolutely perfect. I couldn't be happier, I was so happy I decided to go to a concert I heard about. Two musicians named Vinyl and Octavia would be playing, and I head they were pretty good. I was out until at least 3:00 in the morning, just having the time of my life. When I got home I crashed and fell into a deep sleep

Friday I woke up at 6:00 in the afternoon, with Rarity Shaking me furiously “Wake up, dear! Wake up! It's simply awful! You must wake up!” I groaned, I didn't wanna wake up, I was still too tired. Eventually she got through to me and I had to speak up, I opened my eyes and sat myself up.

“Ugh… what is it Rarity? I'm way too tired to do anything today…” I yawned deeply before she spoke.

“AppleJack is hurt! Someone broke into her home at Sweet Apple Acres and vandalized it just like Pinkie Pie and myself! Except AppleJack walked in on it and the culprit attacked her, she can't remember much about the attack, but she remembers this, her magic aura was red, blood red. That is all we know though!” I was stunned, I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything, I just grabbed Rarity and took off, flying over to Sweet Apple Acres with her, when we arrived I ran into AppleJack's room, and there she was, her head in bandages. She looked badly hurt, and I got furious. I couldn't help but notice all the broken things, I'm amazed her bed was still in one piece.

“Applejack, are you okay? What happened?” I asked concerned

She thought for a second then started to tell us what happened. “Well, I was just comin, back from my last load o' apple pickin', same as any night. Then, I heard some thumpin' sounds comin' over from the house. I thought it mighta been Applebloom and her friends, since they had a sleepover last night, but then I went on inside and saw somepony smashin' all out stuff! So, I tried tah stop 'em, but when I got too close, they turned around. I could tell it was a unicorn 'cause of the glowin' horn that I saw. It was glowin' as red as a fresh picked apple, but even darker, like… blood! Then, outta nowhere, a chair smacked me right in the side of mah head, and then the unicorn brought her hoof right down onto mah face before runnin' off. Just like a chicken!” Whoever it was must have been tough to have beaten AppleJack. We comforted her, she was still really dizzy but the doctors said she'd be out of bed in a day, it was only a mild concussion. Compared to yesterday, today was just awful, why were all my friends getting attacked? It wasn't right, and it was too weird to be coincidence. Were we being targeted for some reason? I dunno. I agreed to stay with AppleJack tonight, to make sure she was okay, but Fluttershy insisted on staying with us. None of us really spoke too much while we were there, we were too concerned with AppleJack. Eventually after Twilight, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity left the three of us fell asleep, it was amazing how fast I got tired after waking up so late.

When I woke up in AppleJack's room the next morning I was alone, I had no idea where Fluttershy and AppleJack had gone to, but I'm sure they were fine, my mind was one thing only, my exam letter, it was dated to arrive Saturday and that's what day it was, I looked around for Fluttershy and AppleJack real fast but I couldn't find them so I headed home.

When I arrived home I checked the mail, there was nothing there, I was disappointed but I decided to wait inside for it to arrive, when I opened the door confetti and balloons shot out in all directions, the first thing I noticed was Pinkie Pie and the others yelling “Surprise!” at the top of their lungs, it scared the heck outta me but that's when they told me what was going on. “I found your letter in the mail and when I saw it was from the Wonderbolts I knew I had to throw you a party before you opened it! Today's the big day Rainbow Dash!”

“Wow, thanks all of you, I feel so special! You guys really didn't have to do this for me.” My face was bright with joy, and music began to play, all of us danced, played games, we laughed and we had an all around good time, Rarity was furious when Pinkie pie startled her and made her spill punch on herself, and Twilight was sorta into a book through most of it, but we managed to get her focused on the party. Pinkie Pie had balloons all around and AppleJack and Fluttershy were talking to each other a lot, I didn't know what they said though, they would change the subject when I got close. Even so the party was amazing. It lasted all day long and was just so fun, we were awake till 11:00 and when it was over it was finally time to open the letter. “I can't wait!” I shouted as I ripped the seal off the letter and opened it up, I read it out loud for everyone to hear. “Dear Rainbow Dash, we thank you for taking the Wonderbolt entrance exam, we appreciate your participation and your payment of 1500 bits, however, we regret to inform you… that you did not meet the minimum grade requirement on the exam… you will not be admitted into the Wonderbolts… please, try again next year…” I was heartbroken, it was like everything in my life came crumbling down on top of me in a single second, I didn't know how to react. I just stood there, with my mouth hanging wide open.

“That's not fair!” Said Pinkie Pie, looking frustrated

“I'm mighty sorry to hear that Rainbow Dash, it just ain't right, you're the best o' the best at flyin'!” AppleJack said in an attempt to comfort me.

“They should have chosen you regardless of grades, I know you studied harder than I ever have in my life for that test!” Shouted Twilight, she was really upset too.

“I'm so sorry Rainbow Dash… So sorry” Fluttershy got teary eyed after speaking, she really wanted this for me.

“Of all the worse things that could happen, this is the WORST possible thing!” Rarity shouted in distress, normally she exaggerates when she says that but… I agree this time… That was when I left. I dropped the letter and ran away, taking off into the air as fast as I could. I had to be alone, I had to hide, I had to think about what I was gonna do. It was Saturday, I had one day to get the money back... I flew to Cloudsdale and rented a hotel room. I needed to come up with a plan.

Sunday morning, I had almost no time left, I needed the money by tonight, or she might have ruined my good name, and I wouldn't let that happen. I had one plan. I flew quickly to the Wonderbolt academy, and without talking to the receptionist I rushed into Spitfires office “Spitfire! I need help, please!!”

Spitfire stared at me for a second then spoke “Look Rainbow Dash, if this is about the test results I'm real sorry, I was hurt myself to see you didn't make it in, but you can try again next year, ya know.”

“That's not what it's about.” I said quickly. “The money I gave you, it was a loan, I needed to be able to pay it back and there's no way I can since I'm not a Wonderbolt! You have to help me please! Can I have the money back?”

“.......” She just stared, trying to figure out if I was serious, eventually she spoke. “Alright, I’ll see what I can do for ya Rainbow Dash. Just wait here, this will be a while.” as she left I sighed and took a seat, I had gotten myself into so much trouble, I didn't know what to do otherwise, I could hear two ponies talking in the other room, a mare and a stallion, I could tell from the voices. I couldn't help but listen in.

“So did you hear? Another house got hit in Ponyville, some poor Mares cottage, I think her name was Fluttershy or something.” one female voice said, my jaw dropped.

“Yeah, everything was destroyed, and the place was burnt to the ground, it's a good thing for her she was at some party, otherwise she might have died.” the male voice said.

“Oh no… Fluttershy… No…. No… this is horrible… I have to get back home… but I have to wait for Spitfire...” I sighed and continued to wait, eventually I fell asleep waiting and was woken up by Spitfire shaking me. I opened my eyes “Huh...?”

“Sorry kid, the money’s gone, there's nothing I can do. I tried my hardest, but all I can do is offer to pay for your test next year, if ya want.” she said, slightly disappointed.

“It's fine Spitfire… thanks for trying, and I’ll take that offer… hey what time is it?” I asked out of curiosity.

“Oh it's about...” She looked at a wall clock that I didn't seem to notice at first. “7:00 pm, why?”

I began to panic, I was out of time. I had to go, right then. “Sorry Spitfire, I gotta leave!” I stood and bolted out of her office. When I was out of the academy I quickly started running, then I flew off to the alleyway I met Moon in, my hair was damp, and that’s when I realized it was raining, hard. I couldn't stop though, everything was going downhill, I eventually made it to the alley. I landed and walked inside. “Moon? Are you here?”

A figure walked towards me from the other side, it was Moon alright. I couldn't help but remember that blood red moon on her flank. It was still intimidating, but I had to stay strong. She spoke “Do you have my money, dear? I have been waiting ever so patiently for you.”

I was silent for a moment. “No, sorry, I don't have it. Things went wrong, I failed my exam, and now I'm flat broke. Is there anything I can give you instead?” I asked with a hopeful look, then… she grinned, she grinned like she expected this to happen. She even started laughing

“Of course there is dear, just come over here.” I felt relieved hearing her say that… sort of, I also felt scared, I took a step over and her horn began to glow red, blood red, why did that seem familiar? Just then my body began to glow red too.
I couldn't move, she had hold of me with her magic. She lifted me up and slammed me into the floor, all of a sudden I couldn't feel anything, my skull crashed into the cement, and she began to tie me up with a rope. I couldn't do anything to stop her. The rain poured down harder, and it was getting in my eyes. She spoke some more “You are such a fool. I can't believe you didn't figure it out. I set you up. I knew you would fail, I edited your test! I used it to get you out of the way while I destroyed your friend’s homes. You were around too much, it was the perfect plan. You should have listened to your friends, Rainbow Dash. Now, killing you will be more than enough to repay me, and my vengeance will be that much closer to being complete.” She used her magic again and again to slam me up and down, and into the walls. She used it to grab a nearby trash can and slam it against my head repeatedly. I was starting to lose all feeling as the blood flowed down my face with the water. Things got more blurry by the second and I was losing my ability to think straight, I couldn't think of a way to get out of this, she stopped and my head fell to the floor.

Drip, drop, drip. I can hear the rain, every drop hitting the floor at such high speeds, my mind can't help but analyze everything around it, I'm scared, and I can't speak. I can't help it. I could die right here. I probably will. There's nopony around to help me. I left all my friends behind. Why didn't I listen to them? Why did I get mixed up in this? I don't know what to do. I'm tied up here in an alleyway, bound against my will, this evil mare standing over me. My vision is getting blurry, I can't remember anything, what was her name? What did she look like? I wish I could scream for help, but I'm too tired… I can see a blur. She's gonna do it now… she's gonna kill me… my life is flashing before my eyes… She walked up to me and spoke, just seven words that made my heart shatter with fear. “Neither a Borrower nor a lender be.”… I am Rainbow Dash… does my story really end here?

“STOP RIGHT THERE!” I heard a shouting voice. It was familiar, it was Twilight, I knew it was! At that moment a purple blast of magic shot out toward Moon, it hit her and she was knocked back slightly.

“Y'all ain't doin' nothin' tah harm Rainbow Dash on my watch!” It was AppleJack too, what were they doing here?

“Twilight?! Curses, I was hoping this wouldn't happen. I knew she would get to you, that's why I tried to kill Fluttershy first!” She did what?! Why!? What was going on? I had finally snapped out of it. I could see Moon run for the alley exit, just then Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were standing in front of her, blocking the way. AppleJack began to untie me as Twilight walked towards Moon, she spoke again. “You will not stop me Twilight Sparkle, I will get my revenge on you!

Twilight spoke back. “Revenge? For what? What did any of us do to you!?” Twilight seemed completely confused.

“I want revenge not for me, but for my best friend and cousin, you humiliated her, you made her obsess with defeating you, you made her only focus to become better than you! You took her from me… My name is Sinister Moonlight, here to take revenge for Trixie Lulamoon! And mark my words you meddlesome pests, I will return, and I will defeat you! This is not the last you will hear from me!” She panted heavily in anger. “But I know I can't beat all of you yet… so for now, I think I will take my leave!” Her horn glowed again and she was suddenly covered in smoke, when it faded she was gone. My friends decide not to chase her, they were much more focused on me. They ran over to me to make sure I'm alright, Twilight was stunned though, she couldn't believe that Mare was the family of her arch enemy and magical rival, Trixie.

Once I was back on my hooves I started talking. “How… did you know? How could you have known… I was here...? I didn't... tell anyone…” I was having trouble talking, all the blood loss and the concussions were affecting my brain.

Fluttershy looked down, I think, it was hard to tell. “I-I'm sorry Rainbow Dash, I was worried, so I was spying on you when you took the money... and when you gave it to the Wonderbolt academy... I'm so sorry… and the reason I was late to clean up Sugarcube corner... I was spying on that Mare, and I found out what she was gonna do to you! But I couldn't bear to tell you I spied on you! So I just tried to tell the others, to make sure you were safe. When I finally got the chance we all ran here as fast as we could to save you...”

I was stunned… “Fluttershy… I'm sorry… This is all my fault… I should have listened to you all… when you said not to borrow the money in the first place… Is there anything I can do to make it up to you...?”

The girls all looked at each other, then Fluttershy spoke up/ “Yes, Promise us you will never ever do anything like this again…”

I smiled weakly “… I promise…” I limped over to Fluttershy and hugged her. That's all I remember, before I passed out in her arms.

In the Distance of the alley, as Rainbow Dashes friends carried her to the hospital, two red eyes glare at them. The eyes of Sinister Moonlight. “I will return, and I will punish you all. I will make your lives miserable. Mark my words, you will all suffer… for Trixie.”

Author's Note:

This is my first ever Fanfic, so i beg of you not to be too harsh if it isn't good. and i apologize in advance if i poorly portray Spitfire, Fluttershy, and Applejack, as i have never attempted to portray character styles similar to theirs. i wasn't sure if this would be complete or incomplete, because i intend to do more if enough people like it, but if not ill cut it off. also there are quite a few grammatical errors i urge you to ignore, i tried my hardest to get rid of them, next time i will have someone directly help look for them with me.