Looking for Editors 5,421 members · 3,384 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Hi everyone, I'm working on a story and was hoping someone on here could help me out. It's a one-shot comedy crossover between MLP and Gravity Falls. Now I haven't finished writing it just yet, but I do hope to have it done within the next couple of days. So I'm asking ahead of time to hopefully have an editor/proofreader on board by the time it's done. If anyone could help me I'd appreciate it.

good luck with that. ive been trying to find a editor on this group with no such luck

Comment posted by Deathofaking deleted Jul 24th, 2023

How long do you plan on the story being

I expect the final product to be around 4 to 5 thousand words. Also, I had some things come up, so I think it's going to be closer to around a week before I can finish it.

Are you interested in signing on as an editor/proofreader?

Sorry for the late response I can give you a answer in about 3 days I'm either going to be very busy or not very busy I was mostly just checking because it's good to list out the length of the story

Okay, I'll be waiting for your decision.

Are you still looking? I would sign up, but do clarify who you are looking for, specifically. Editors and proofreaders are different professions with different responsibilities.

I won't be able to do it my table is now rather filled apologies good luck endless and sound.

I'm looking for someone who could edit my story, catch mistakes I missed, and offer any ideas they might have on how they think I could improve the story. If you could do that I be grateful.

I most definitely could do that. That would be proofreading, since I will be doing nothing else to the text besides finding mistakes. An editor does that and much more, functionally being responsible for wholesale preparing the text for publishing. That may include picking a cover and name, re-writing passages or whole chapters, even large-scale revisions. I think we need the difference between editors and proofreaders pinned somewhere, people confuse them despite them doing very different things most of the time.
Right then. Proofreading is easy and quick, I'll need some more details when you are finished. Until then I'll be waiting.

Okay, I'm glad to hear you're on board. I hope to have the story ready for you to pre-read by Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12