Command and Conquer Headquarters 327 members · 33 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

A slight update this time around, the petroglyph team has acquired a majority of the original source code for both the red alert and Tiberium dawn games. At this point in time they don't seem to be interested in a complete remake of the series, but may blend the original source code with petroglyphs game engine 'GlyphX' to improve on sounds and effects.

No word yet if they will reuse the original FMV's.

Saucy source.

Brother Malachai
Group Contributor

How they going to do this considering that EA owns the franchise? #FuckEA #EAKilledKane

Edit: Due to EA's financial problems...there could be hope they could buy the rights back. I just found this vid showing EA's plummeting Stock Prices.

I must admit, i check EA's stock from time to time just to see how much they have lost (it seems they're slowly leveling out), i would be ecstatic if Petroglyph could buy back the rights to C&C. (and on a side note, get the rights to Universe at war: earth assault from sega, but one thing at a time.)
I just have a feeling that EA would keep hold of every IP till the bitter end. they are just. so. greedy.

hopefully im wrong and we can see Westwood rise from the ashes.

Brother Malachai
Group Contributor

Well that's the thing. I'm not sure if we will see an EA crash, but I do think we will see a legit loss of power and them perform a desperation move or several and sell off some property just to get enough cash to stay afloat. Their poncy scheme of lotto skins is starting to fall apart, and they have lost both the good will of customers, and the ability to be inventive and develop other good ways of making cash long ago (other than typical gutting up and spreading out of DLCs, which makes less money than spamming loot boxes). They got too specialized in their scam and it has backfired hard. I just hope that like Kane, Petroglyph has been playing the long game and saving up capital to take advantage of a rainy day for EA. This year will be a dumpster fire, but I hope it will be a wake-up call for the AAA board rooms between Fallout 76, EA's typical Douchebaggery, and the fall of Blizzard from being in the "Good Boys Club."

Edit/PS: Also...this is going to be a bit random...but how did I get group contributor? I don't throw money at the site. X_x

Perhaps you got it from the many years of active duty to the forum?

Brother Malachai
Group Contributor

Yes...I've been around for a while. That might be it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6