AppleDash 3,011 members · 1,064 stories
Comments ( 1318 )
  • Viewing 1,051 - 1,100 of 1,318

How many of us do you want to do one?

Tchernobog
Group Admin

2580712 Um. However many people feel like doing it I guess. In any case, that's just my idea. If others don't like it, we can search for something else xD

Comment posted by TwilightUCrazy deleted Jan 12th, 2014

I got nothing, yet. keep reading:pinkiehappy:

Scream, Part 2

Rainbow flopped to the porch clumsily. It had been a long flight, non-stop from Fillydelphia. Her uniform had become a wrinkled mess, her hair looked a fright judging from reflection in the window of the door, and she'd lost a pair of her best Aviators because of a downdraft.

But she'd made it home. And that mattered more than anything. The familiar smell of Sweet Apple Acres hung in the air as she turned towards the orchard and inhaled a huge whiff of home. With a delighted sigh, Rainbow crossed her forelegs and surveyed her surroundings. The soft wind drifted through the trees and brought a cooling relief to the hot summer evening.

Some things should never change.

As she turned back to the door and opened it up for a peek she sniffed the familiar scent of fritters, cobblers, pie, and cider. Rainbow's mouth began to water at the sight of the partially-complete spread on the table.

But first, she had a more delicious prize in mind. With nopony in sight, she sneaked into the house, using rugs and carpet to mask her hoofsteps.

Somepony was working in the kitchen. She heard the babble of a little foal, and the beautiful, delicate humming of a young mother, cooking dinner for the homecoming Wonderbolt.

Rainbow heard a noise behind her, and turned to see what had caused. Granny Smith stood at the bottom of the staircase, and blinked in confusion at her granddaughter-in-law's sudden appearance. Rainbow quickly raises a hoof to her lips, and Granny smiled and nodded in understanding.

She tip-hoofed to the kitchen door, and peeked around the threshold.

Applejack was knelt down in front of the oven watching something bake, exposing that gorgeous, muscular, amber flank of hers. Everything in Rainbow wanted to jump her wife right then and there, despite their toddler sitting their in her high-chair nearby.

Sunshine Delight had a healthy amount of applesauce gomming up her freckled cheeks and the tray in front of her. She leaned down for another slurp of her treat and slobbered most of it down her front. Rainbow very nearly lost her element of surprise then and there. It took everything she had to resist snorting out a laugh and revealing her presence. The "papa" in her wanted to grab her foal and squeeze the daylights out of her.

But she'd waited two weeks; she could wait another thirty seconds.

Rainbow waited until she was sure Applejack didn't have a hold of anything dangerous, then pounced. She landed on her wife's back, and gave a single flap of her wings. Applejack's startled scream was interrupted by the brief thud of the two landing on their backsides together.

Rainbow brushed her hoof over her wife's mouth. She leaned up to her ear and whispered, "First your apples... then your apron..."

She bit down on Applejack's ear, extracting a shudder and a moan from her, and causing Applejack to flail around. She shoved Rainbow off of her, much to the latter's amusement, and released a relieved sigh.

"Rainbow! she scolded softly. "You scared me half ta death! Ah didn't expect you back fer another hour!"

Rainbow Dash grinned slyly and swaggered up to Applejack for a nuzzling. "Left an hour early. Couldn't wait to see my two favorite girls in the whole world..." she whispered huskily.

Applejack surrendered her scowl for a smile, and threw her hooves around her long-departed lover. "Ah can't tell ya how much Ah missed ya, darlin'..."

Rainbow rested her chin atop Applejack's head and snuggled in against the cinnamon-scented golden mane.

"I missed you guys too. It was totally lame in Filly without you..." Rainbow began. She would have continued, but Sunshine had grown restless, and had started buzzing her wings and babbling to her papa for attention. Rainbow grinned to herself. "Alright! Alright! I know you're jealous!" she smirked, and slipped out of her wife's grip to trot over to her daughter.

Dinner had been an awesome affair. The more times Rainbow found herself being called away to perform and do recruiting drives, the more she found herself missing home every time she had to leave. And the more she did that, the more she realized that nothing beat sitting at the table with her family.

The grown-ups had formed a circle and played Eucher well into the evening. While Sunshine watched on from her chair, Applebloom ran off to her sleepover with the Crusaders. After cards came playtime, and it pleased Rainbow that her daughter, even at a year old, hadn't grown tired of playing “alligator” with her yet.

As Papa tucked in her foal for the night and clicked off the light, a sudden hunger overcame her.

No, not hunger in a literal sense.

She had to bite her lip and make a conscious effort not to bounce back to the bedroom like Pinkie Pie. As she passed Big Mac in the hallway, she grinned at him.

“Better put in those earplugs tonight Mac; we're gonna get loud.”

Big Mac pulled a ball of cotton out of his ear. “Eewhat?”

Rainbow rolled her eyes and smirked. “Never mind.” She looked down at her uniform in the light of the hallway lantern, and adjusted a few things that were out-of-sorts on it, pulled on a spare set of Aviators from her supply chest (she hoped she didn't stub her hoof in the dark like last time), and grabbed the handle of the door.

“Ten-hut!” Applejack chanted softly.

Rainbow blinked over to her wife basking in the low lantern's light, standing at the perfect position of attention. Somepony had been practicing what she'd taught her...

Somepony had also had a bath while she wasn't looking. Applejack's coat still glistened softly from the remaining moisture, and her undone mane and tail still clumped together a bit. One of these days, she would have to get her hooves on a uniform for her wife just to complete the image.

Rainbow's wings fluffed, much as she tried to maintain her professional demeanor.

Time to inspect the troops... or trooper, as such.

“Cadet Applejack!” she scolded softly, so as not to disturb the rest of the house. She drew up in her wife's smiling face. “What in the sweet sweet name of Celestia are you so happy about?”

Applejack, not breaking roleplay, remained stoically silent, though her grin grew marginally.

“You know I'm gonna be making you scream for mercy before I'm done with you, right?”

Applejack straightened up to her full height. “Yes ma'am!”

“And it ain't gonna be quick either. I'm gonna turn that gorgeous orange flank of yours red before the night is over! And you're gonna thank me for it!”

“Yes ma'am!”

“And on top of that... you, Cadet," Rainbow paused and removed her Aviators, tossing them aside and pressing closer, "are out-of-uniform.” She couldn't help the grin that blossomed on her cheeks.

Applejack's gaze and tone became more sultry. “Yes ma'am!”

Rainbow pressed her muzzle firmly against Applejack's. “You aren't standing at attention anymore either, soldier...”

Applejack tried to rein her swishing tail back in, a healthy rosy red creeping into her cheeks. Her muscles tensed, and she stood up as straight as she could. “Sorry ma'a-mmph!”

Rainbow felt satisfied with skipping the bulk of the roleplay that evening. She had a hunger to satisfy, and devoured her wife's lips to quench the pangs she had been feeling since her return. She encircled her lover with her powerful hooves and eagerly levitated them over to their bed with a few swift flaps of her wings.

“Most CO's would throw you in the brig for eyeball-huggin' 'em like that,” Rainbow smirked. "You're pretty lucky I know I'm eye-candy."

Applejack returned the expression. “Are ya?" She rolled her eyes playfully. "Ah hadn't noticed..."

Rainbow leaned in and kissed her again. “Need a reminder?”

It was Applejack's turn to grin, and she enveloped her wife with all four of her hooves. Their eyes locked together, and her hoof stroked along her cheek, up to her ear, and down through her rainbow-colored mane prompting those beautiful wings to poof out in an explosion of feathers.

But just as she had begun to slip her hoof down to the sensitive network of nerves in between the pegasi's feathery appendages, a soft cry echoed through the house, coming from the room just up the hallway.

Rainbow slumped down, resting her head in the crook of Applejack's neck. “Are you kidding me with this?”

Applejack wore a disappointed expression of her own. “Ah thought ya just put 'er to bed, sugarcube.”

“I did! I don't know what she could be whining about!” She sighed and looked up to the stars and moon outside their window. “One hour... that's all I wanted. Just one hour of happy-fun-bedroom time...”

Applejack stroked her hoof down along her wife's side. “Well, nothin' to be done for it, darlin'. Ah'll try and be quick.” She began to sit up.

Rainbow pushed her back down with a smile. “It's okay. Daddy's got it.”

Applejack smiled and nodded. “Ah'll be waitin' for ya then..." Her hoof found the sensitive spot just underneath her wing, and brushed along the tender skin slowly, eliciting a pleasant purr. "And who knows? If'n yer patient and take long enough... Ah just might have a surprise in store fer ya."

Rainbow paused and her ears perked. "What kind of surprise?"

Her wife grinned. "Remember that bridle that Rarity gave us fer our honeymoon?"

The silence was a pregnant one.

"Oh. You mean... you mean that bridle?! The lime-green one with the gold studs and the foamy bit and the saddle with the hoof straps?"

Applejack grinned and rolled her eyes away. "Might be."

Rainbow gaped a few moments as her face tinged toward a scarlet hue, then trotted out of her and Applejack's bedroom with a bit of haste in her gait. "See? I'm going! But patiently going! Not in any rush at all! Totally relaxed! No big deal here! Might even be awhile!"

Her wife sniggered, but eagerly hoped that Rainbow wouldn't take too long...

Aaaaand that's the closest you'll ever get to me writing clop, folks. If it needs toned back a bit, I don't mind. Just a silly little idea I had wanted to mess around with.

Who else has something?

2588597 Love it! :rainbowlaugh: that kid is a daddy's daugther! jajajaja!

SHL

Epic, I want more XDD

2588597 You need to make a series with this kid and this family because holy crap, the results are always perfect and hilarious and adorable. :rainbowkiss:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

As a side note - you don't need to pick something you wrote previously to continue - you can pick anyone's story, and write a continuation chapter.

bahatumay
Group Contributor

I dunno… I'm not really feeling this one. I've still got nothing.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Admittedly I don't have an idea either - maybe doing another version of what we did for #100 is good? XD

Just write the tales of Sunshine Delight and her awesome family, then everyone will be happy. :trollestia:

2594727 we can do that. that kid is awesome!!

BronyNeumo
Group Contributor

Just make sure you don't wait too long before aging the kid up so you can develop her character beyond being a smiling, bubbly happy little foal.

Don't make the same mistake I did!

I should probably at some point give a name to her inevitable little sister too... :applejackunsure:

2600600 Make a series about the family and I will worship the ground you walk upon. :rainbowkiss::heart::ajsmug::raritystarry::yay:

bahatumay
Group Contributor

Masquerade

The purpose of a masquerade, of course, is to get to know ponies without actually knowing who they are. It's a bit of a mixed bag when the masks come off at the end of the night. Many meet new friends they never would have met otherwise. Some ponies find they might actually get along with their enemies. Some ponies find out uncomfortable things about their sexuality.

But those moments would come later.

Right now, a young filly with a red mane was desperately looking for her brother. He wasn't difficult to find, really; mask or no mask he was still the only pony a good head taller than everypony else.

"Mac!" she called when she'd found him.

The large stallion turned around. "Ah don't know anypony by that name," he said.

Apple Bloom rolled her eyes. "You're a terrible liar, ya know that?"

"Uh... nope?" He winced as he realized that he had definitely given himself away that time.

Apple Bloom shook her head. "Look, Ah need your help!"

Mac raised an eyebrow behind his mask. At a party like this? "With what?"

"Applejack's cheatin' on Rainbow Dash!"

Mac paused. "Ah sincerely doubt that."

"No, come and see!"

Mac gave a sheepish smile to his partner, who nodded to let him go. He followed Apple Bloom down the halls, and paused as he realized that they were leaving the ballroom proper, and heading in towards the bedrooms.

This didn't bode too well.

Luckily, she took a left turn, and he saw his sister talking with a pegasus with a jet black mane. How close they were standing left a good indication that this was not a platonic chat. He raised an eyebrow.

"See?" Apple Bloom hissed.

Mac waited, not believing his eyes. Then he smiled. He reached into his saddlebags and pulled out a small bottle of something. He'd been meaning to save it for later, but it would be just fine right now.

They were nuzzling each other, now, with their tails entwined. Mac suppressed a shudder.

"What's that for?" Apple Bloom asked.

"T' see if it's really Rainbow." He popped open the bottle and sloshed it once.

The pegasus froze, and her ears instantly pricked up. She turned around to see Mac with the bottle of cider.

Instantly, she was at his side. "Hey, Mac," she said. "That's a lot of cider, even for you. You sure you can drink that all? 'Cause I can help. No charge!"

Mac chuckled and gave it to her.

Apple Bloom blinked as she recognized the voice and how quickly she was draining the cider. "It was Rainbow," she said, still in shock. "But it doesn't look anything like her!"

Applejack laughed. "Ah know; but when it's true love, you can always see through anything."

Rainbow paused her drinking just long enough to respond. "Or it's because I'm the only one brave enough or stupid enough to swat your flank while you're getting food."

Applejack responded by hitting the bottom of the bottle, sending cider all over Rainbow's face.

New prompt: flour

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

The no paragraphs, it buuuuurns

what is swat? is AJ like a dog (in the kind of she bite you if you molested while eating)?

*taps on the mic*

Uh, hello? This still going?

I'mma claim Flour now anywho.

Better finish quick, or else I might steal it.

Oh, horsefeathers, Rainbow Dash thought.

It had sounded simple enough, at first. Pretty easy, really. I mean, how hard could it have been? Yeah, maybe Rainbow didn't exactly have the experience or the know-how or the skill or the—

A voice bellowed from across the room, "You okay over there, sugarcube?"

Rainbow Dash blinked back to reality, and looked up to see her marefriend watching her from behind her oven, a soft smirk on her face. Rainbow's jaw dropped as she realised that Applejack wasn't even paying attention to the dough as she kneeled and cut and baked it in quick succession, yet her hooves blurred across the countertop effortlessly.

Rainbow looked down at the wet, dirty, doughy mass that sat on her own countertop. Somehow, she'd managed to burn it.

She hadn't even put it into the oven yet.

Okay, in hindsight, maybe it was a bad idea to accept Applejack's cooking challenge.

"Y-Yeah! I'm gonna kick your... your ass, AJ!" Rainbow shouted back. Smile and wave, Dash. Smile and wave.

To be fair to herself, she hadn't meant to accept the challenge. It just kinda... happened. Yes, maybe she'd been especially cocky that morning, and yes, maaaaaybe she'd told everyone that she was the fastest at everything in the whole world forever and ever, but it's not like she'd actually meant it.

Well, apparently not until AJ exploded and challenged her to a pie-making duel.

Hey, wait... Rainbow Dash stopped. I never said I was good at baking, just fast at it...

Rainbow grinned.

Quickly, she tore open the huge back of flour next to her and threw her pathetic pile of pie into it. Then, she tore her way through the air above it. Faster and faster, higher and higher, until she looked down from the edge of space.

Then, Rainbow Dash dove.

"I'M GONNA KNEAD IT!" she bellowed, seconds before she impacted with the bag of flour.

"You okay there, sugarcube?"

Rainbow Dash opened her eyes and groaned. She was sitting in a mountain of white powder. Tilting her head up, she saw Applejack looking down at her, concern (and flour) painted all over her pretty cheeks. Rainbow Dash gave a hesitant smirk.

"Did I win?" she mumbled.

Applejack just grinned.

"You're an idiot."

D-Did I do good, guise? ;A;

Prompt: Bacon

...Bacon.

...Well.

~Skeeter The Lurker

Comment posted by TwilightUCrazy deleted Feb 21st, 2014
Tchernobog
Group Admin

As a side note, the prompt tag fic (where all these are gathered) is now over 100k words. :pinkiehappy:

Comment posted by Posted deleted Feb 21st, 2014

You done good.

...Bacon?

A'ight! Who's up for some humanization? (Claimed.) :pinkiecrazy:

A salty aroma awoke Rainbow from her pleasant slumber, bringing her to a stir and wrapping herself up more tightly in her cocoon of sheets.

She groped around blindly in her sleep, feeling around for the warm mass that had been her bed mate last evening. A lukewarm, rumpled spot on the top cover was all that remained of the disappeared specter of a woman.

Rainbow sat up and examined herself in the cracked dresser mirror just across the small clothes-strewn bedroom.

Eh. Only Rarity would care...

She looked down.

They might mind the t-shirt and boxers though.

She snared a pair of nylon shorts from the floor nearby and walked out to the living room where everybody sat at the counter separating it from the kitchen.

"Morning, Rainbow Dash!" chirped the pink-haired party animal nearest her door. Fluttershy waved, Twilight smiled behind her glass of orange juice, and Rarity had fallen in love with a mirror, as usual.

"'Sup Pinkie?" Rainbow smiled, clapping her friend a high-five. She paused. "Gum in your hair. Again."

"Oh! That's what I did with it!" Pinkie reached up and yanked the gum out of her mane before popping it back into her mouth.

Rarity looked up from her self-grooming and spoke a wordless disapproval with her expression. "Really, Rainbow Dash, a brush would not have required much effort."

Rainbow raspberried in the fashionista's direction and made her way around the counter into the kitchen.

There, the orange shirt-wearing love of her life stood over her stove, just where she had expected to find her. Rainbow glided up behind her, snaking one arm around her belly, while the other went fishing for a piece of bacon off the community plate.

A sharp whack from a pair of metal tongs extracted a yelp of pain from her.

"Uh-uh. You can wait 'n eat with ev'rybody else."

That magical Southern drawl ignited a fire in Rainbow's belly, and she slithered up close behind Applejack while encircling her just beneath her chest with both arms. She sniffed the air and breathed a deep sigh of contentment with the fragrance that filled the apartment.

"Mmm... marry me."

Applejack snorted in amusement. "You wish."

Rainbow grinned and bounced her arms beneath her friend's sizable chest a moment to elicit that adorable red tinge in her cheeks she so loved. She then leaned over the shorter girl's shoulder and peered at the dish.

"Lemme guess... 'Applewood' bacon?"

The farm girl looked back at her with smirk. "You got a problem with Applewood, girly?" She threateningly pinched the tongs together a couple times.

"Hey, I got no problems with anything apple-related. Apple-anything is bound to be awesome!"

Applejack rolled her eyes and tried to slip out of Rainbow's arms as her friend's hands slipped upwards and grappled with her breasts. She balled up her free hand and firmly elbowed her friend in the gut. "Milk's in the fridge, ya technicolor perv."

"Mmm... I want mine straight from the source."

"You see this scaldin' hot burner? Sure would be a shame if something were ta happen to yer face..."

A warm and fuzzy feeling surged through Rainbow's veins. Her cheeks hurt from the size of her smile. "Wow! Somebody grew a pair last night!"

A delicate huff from behind made Rainbow's forehead crinkle and drew her ireful stare.

"Tres gauche, darling. At least have the common decency to let Applejack finish making breakfast for the rest of us first before you continue your merciless flirting."

Rainbow rolled her eyes and swaggered across the kitchen to find herself a spot.

"Rarity, you need to find a boyfriend." She pondered a moment. "And get laid." Rainbow paused intently, smiling slyly in Applejack's direction. "Like I was last night."

"Not even in yer dreams, darlin'," Applejack said with a smile as she came over with the plate full of sizzling meat.

"You're right. We get up to much worse there." Rainbow grinned and waggled her eyebrows suggestively.

She was rewarded with a rosy shade overtaking the cowgirl's speckled cheeks.

"Ah'm gonna go take a shower," Applejack huffed, and marched towards the hall.

Rainbow's magenta eyes swiveled and admired her friend's curvy form as she stepped around the counter.

"Mmm. Love to watch her come..." She paused and eyed the farm girl's retreating backside. "Sure don't mind watching her go either."

Applejack turned back with an expression half made of anger, half of embarrassment. She forcefully pulled down her orange shirt, covering her butt the best she could with the undersized garment. "Oh, would you give it a rest already?!"

Rainbow grinned victoriously as her flustered friend scampered into the bathroom and slammed the door behind her. Twilight and Fluttershy giggled to themselves, while Pinkie rolled right off her chair and cackled on the floor. Even Rarity found the capacity to smirk.

With a perfect morning under her belt, Rainbow leaned back in her barstool and sampled the best-tasting bacon she had ever had.

Just a little slice of sleepover life, I guess.

Next prompt: Bold

BronyNeumo
Group Contributor
SHL

Good one! :pinkiehappy:

BronyNeumo
Group Contributor

"Bold":

Even so early on in her short career performing with the Wonderbolts, Rainbow Dash had already earned herself a reputation as being one willing to try the boldest of moves. Fans loved her. The tabloids couldn’t get enough of her antics. Yet, as the prismatic mare streaked her way through the starlit sky high above the rolling hills of Equestria, the chill of night air whipping at her face and blowing her mane into a frenzy, she couldn’t help but think that this was her boldest move yet.

Spitfire looked up across her desk from the neatly folded flight suit and tiny golden wings sitting at her hooves. “I don’t understand. You told me being a Wonderbolt was all you ever wanted out of life.”

Rainbow shrugged. “I don’t know. I guess that’s what I’ve been telling myself, too.”

It was late by the time she touched down at Sweet Apple Acres—probably too late, but the rash pegasus had never been much for common courtesy before and she sure didn’t see much reason to start now. Without a second thought, she was at Applejack’s window, releasing a whole flight from Cloudsdale’s worth of nerves into a flurry of little taps against the glass.

The farm mare was there almost immediately—just like Rainbow knew she would be—as if she were waiting by the window, which she very well might have been.

“Well look who’s back. Come to break my heart again?”

Rainbow Dash grimaced. It was a low blow, but a fair one, and she knew it. “Hi, AJ. Can I… can I come in?”

“I don’t see why not. You’ll probably just be gone again in the mornin’ like last time.” Applejack stepped aside from the open window, her eyes as cold as the air outside.

“Look, it’s not like that.” Rainbow Dash fluttered in through the opening, folding her wings against her sides.

“Oh, sure it isn’t! Just like last time! And the time before that! I know you, Dash. You just wanna squeeze in another night with me before flying back off to your Wonderbolts. Well it’s not gonna be this time. I’m done. I’m movin’ on, and so should you.”

“I know, AJ. I read your letter already.”

Applejack blinked. “Good. Then I guess we’re at an understandin’. You get to keep your fame and your stardom and I get to keep my dignity.”

“I quit the Wonderbolts.”

“You… what?”

“I quit the Wonderbolts.”

“But, but it’s your dream.” Applejack stammered, her eyes wide in the pale darkness of the bedroom.

“No, it isn’t.” Rainbow Dash stared at the silent mare before her. “Or, at least, it isn’t anymore. Look, I think I finally figured it out, that after all these years of training and practicing and tryouts and hoping that finally joining the Wonderbolts would finally make me happy, that I really wasn’t happy. I wasn’t at all. And everything, the uniform and the fame and the stardom and everything, none of it is worth it if I can’t have that one thing—the only thing that ever made me happy before… if I can’t have you.”

Applejack just blinked. Rainbow Dash frowned.

“I’m not asking for much. I’d just like you to not hate me. And, if there’s any part of you that thinks your stupid marefriend still deserves anything in this world, I’d like a second chance. I mean it this time.”

The other mare was quite suddenly very close to Rainbow Dash, advancing with a power in her step that made the pegasus flinch, expecting at any moment to feel a hoof strike across her face.

But it never came. Instead, she felt a very familiar pair of lips brush against her cheek. Applejack was climbing into her bed by the time Dash opened her eyes.

“Let me think about it. You get the floor tonight.”

Rainbow Dash grinned, extending her own hoof up to her cheek. Somehow, she could feel the spot tingling. Somehow, she knew things were going to be alright.

It’s usually the boldest moves that pay off the most.

~~~~~~~~~

Hm. I probably could have executed that one better. Oh well, it's late, and I'm happy enough with it.

Next prompt: "Horizon"

Apparently, someone didn't like my humanization piece, so let's get back to roots.

I claim Horizon.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

That person is silly, then. And that human Dash reminds me of the one in Hail Mary. :rainbowlaugh:

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

Am I the only one in thinking that we could use a new cover-art picture for the AppleDash collab?

One that has the title in it, and is somewhat focused on something that symbolises short stories?

I'm thinking on it..

Prompt: Horizon.

Rainbow Dash lay on the floor, her tail erect and visible. She waited in predatory stance, and slowly glided along the floor, ruffling carpet fibers with her stomach.

Somewhere nearby, her prey waited with little orange wings buzzing in anticipation.

Rainbow couldn't look up though. She acted as the alligator after all. She couldn't look up, climb, or move except for crawling. Those were the rules.

Her stalking slowed to a halt, and she paused, pretending to listen. Rainbow whirled around, charging to the base of the ottoman while "rawring" loudly and gnashing her teeth together.

The surprised Sunshine Delight above screamed. Rainbow grinned and spared a look up at her filly as she dove behind her pregnant mother's large belly. Applejack smiled warmly back at Rainbow before Sunshine poked her head out from her mother's golden tail.

"Daddy looks pretty hungry fer filly-belly," Applejack smiled to her daughter.

Sunshine giggled and waited for her Daddy to continue stalking the carpet swamps once again. She stood at the edge of her perch and waited.

At last, Rainbow turned her back to her, and she heard Sunshine bolt towards the safety of the couch. Rainbow reeled about immediately with a loud roar and scooted across the carpet after her. Sunshine shrieked and ran for the coffee table where Daddy couldn't follow her as easily.

Rainbow pounced, though, and pinned the little filly beneath a hoof. She "gobbled" up her foal, tickling her stomach with nuzzles and nibbles and making decidedly appropriate sound effects. Sunshine giggled and struggled for freedom, kicking at Rainbow's chest and hooves to try and break free.

Rainbow sighed tiredly and rested her chin over her filly's back. "Okay... time for a break," she sighed.

"Nooo! One more!" Sunshine pleaded.

"Sorry sweetie; Daddy's full from gobbling up so many little fillies today," she winked and nuzzled her mane.

Rainbow hated to see Sunshine disappointed, but caring for a child had turned out to be a lot more difficult than any flying marathon. She simply hadn't been prepared for the effort it took to keep up with her foal.

Rainbow frowned to Sunshine's sagging ears, and reached up to raise her daughter's chin with a hoof.

"Tell ya what. Maybe after dinner we can all go for a walk through Whitetail together."

Sunshine's spirits soared immediately, and she happily ran back to the ottoman to snuggle up to her mother, "yaying" all the way. Applejack smiled and tucked her filly beneath her foreleg.

"If I could just fly, the alligator would never catch me!"

Sunshine had meant it playfully, judging from the blissful smile on her face. But Rainbow, however, felt a twinge of dread in her gut, and looked up to Applejack.

As she thought, her wife shifted uncomfortably, as she did whenever the subject came up.

Rainbow knew what it meant. Their little Sunshine Delight had been giving thought to flying. She had been born a pegasus after all. Inevitably it would have occurred to her that she had wings of her own.

Applejack didn't like it, and told her so regularly.

"Daddy, can you take me flying soon?"

Rainbow averted her eyes. "I... that's not up to me Sunshine. Ask your mother."

Since Sunshine had been born, Rainbow had given thought regularly to how she would teach her daughter to fly. She had envisioned taking her to the top of the world, going into a dive, and pulling up at the last moment. She had thought of teaching her how best to flap and shape her wings to achieve optimum lift, and how to feel shifts in the air currents.

It was something Applejack couldn't participate in or understand all that well. And it broke her heart to feel so detached from her child.

Sunshine looked up to her mother with expectant eyes. "Mommy? Can Daddy take me flying?"

Applejack gulped. Rainbow could see how much it hurt her to be asked that question over and over again. The horizon'll be there tomorrow, she would say to her. What's the rush?

That much was true. But Rainbow also understood how hard it must have been for the little filly to deny her birthright for so long. That hunger, that heat, that need to spread her wings and fly.

Applejack unleashed a shuddering sigh and swallowed. "Soon, sugarcube. Real soon," she promised, nuzzling her daughter's mane before giving her a little knock to her flank. "Now. Why don't ya go out and find yer Auntie Applebloom? She might need some help with bringin' in the crop."

Sunshine frowned dejectedly, but obeyed her mother and ran towards the door.

Rainbow stared up to her wife from the floor, magenta eyes swimming with conflict. Applejack couldn't hold her gaze and turned away, shame written all over her features.

She got up and walked over to her wife, knocking her muzzle with her own.

It was time to talk...

Next prompt: Dark

Tchernobog
Group Admin

D'aw. :rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:
...Though I still wanna see one where Dash is carrying. That's bound to be hilarity (That, and I think AJ would like having three kids :ajsmug:)

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

I think our 'overlord' should write a prompt, now that we're reviving this thread and all
:ajsmug:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

I poked it into getting to 200, foo! :rainbowwild:

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

That is no excuse. You're supposed to be the overlord of AppleDash, then act as one.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

:trixieshiftright:
*eyes the contest he's organizing (which contains appledash, so hush), the 200th prompt tag special, and the countless fics he's asked to look at/offer advice on*.

Yeah, no worries about that :coolphoto:

I dunno. I wrote Horizon in the hour before work. Not that hard to get a piece in the quiet moments. :pinkiehappy:

I could conceivably do Rainbow Dash carrying if I could come up with the name for a third foal. I've got a second filly in mind, but I'm coming up a bit short for a third.

That, and in my mind, I think Rainbow's more a papa figure. :applejackconfused:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Indeed. Would still be a good way to turn something on its head though, and see how the family reacts. Especially if the other two foals start asking questions xD

"You're getting a little brother/sister! :ajsmug:"
kids: yaaay! *put head on AJ's tummy*
":applejackconfused: Err. Wrong pony."
":rainbowderp:"
kids: "buh? Daddy with baby?"

2909383 cute! and heartbreaking!

2909600 cute! love Sunshine!
2910208 how many kid did you see them.
2910282 that would be hilarious!

This is true and could lead to interesting questions in the future. Dunno. We'll see.

Glad you like her. I only originally planed on Sunshine Delight, but I decided to try and capture the magic a second time. We'll see!

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

You should gather these in a separate fic

• Viewing 1,051 - 1,100 of 1,318