AppleDash 3,012 members · 1,068 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24

As one of those who enjoy the pairing I'm guessing that many of us may read, or track, one or more of these fics. at a time. And it is likely we will continue to do this.

So what is the latest Appledash piece to catch your attention and why (a brief line on the cause will do)? Whether it's an older or newer work, post it.

But, you may ask, what if you already post one before, can you post another one that you came across? Yes!! Post it! Give the latest. I wanna know about it. :rainbowkiss:

My hope for this thread is not only to find more Appledash fics. but to also bring some attention to them. Also hopefully this can become a place where others can find out what their fellow Appledash fans are into now. :ajsmug:

Just keep one thing in mind. No major spoilers please, don't take away the fun.

:moustache: I guess I'll start things off:

Lately I've been reading "50 Shades of Hay" which is pretty much the Appledash version of the book.

The reason this has caught my attention is because I like it's take on A.J as the innocent, little country girl. Also it's interesting to see Dash in such a position of financial and social power.

This is one of the few fics. where A.J is waaayy more emotional than Rainbow. Usually, A.J is always portrayed as the emotional rock out of the two. So it was a nice change of pace.

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

433532 Hay, I'm following 50 shades as well, don't get all the downvotes though.

Also following:
Down to Earth Family, AppleDash with Scootadoption
All That's Passed - The Plunge, Y THIS FIC NO RELEASE NEXT CHAPTER YET:flutterrage:
Under the DashApple Tree, no particular reason
The Secret Spring, has to update
Past Imperfect, Krazy has more important things to write :)
In The Heat Of Passion, don't remember why
Those Small Moments, waiting for update
Between a Rock and a Hard Place, good fic with conflicting feelings
A Rainbow Cut Short, I don't dare to start reading until it's finished (if it ever will be)
Apple's Core, Author promised updates when season 3 starts
Pillow Thoughts II, obvious reasons
Upon Wings of Sacrifice, don't dare to start reading until it's finished
Applejoy, needs to be finished

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Unless I can't stomach the writing, or characterization, I've literally read all the fics we have in our list. Although I'll have to double check that, as I don't recognize (or rather remember) some names in DBZ's list :rainbowderp:
Many names already listed here I'm following. There's one I hope will get an update but I can't remember.. someone else mentioned it in one of the general discussion things: "A midsummer's dream" or something of the sort. I forget.

Otherwise, "A Dash of Apple" is great, great fun, partially because I have my hand in it, but partially because I just like the simple fun about it rather than generic appledash shipping that happens entirely too often :P

433567 Holy cow that's a lot of Appledash to be reading at once! Out of that list what one or two would you recommend at this time? :rainbowhuh:

433573 I see, so is "A midsummer's dream" the lastest Appledash you're read? :pinkiesmile:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

It isn't! It's just one of the best and one I'm keeping my eye on. It's incomplete and hasn't been updated in a while, but it's got great pacing.. it's taken near 50k words for the first shipping to actually happen, and I call that mighty impressive :P

the latest I've been reading/tracking is probably Applejinx's latest :pinkiecrazy:

bookplayer
Group Admin

The ones I squee at updates for are "Dashie's Foaling" (the latest Applejinx fic Tchenobog just mentioned) and "What Would Daring Do?" which is still not AppleDash, but there's hope! I have faith in the AppleDash.

I couldn't get into 50 Shades of Hay, the first chapter felt OOC in a less fun way than Trixie's Magic Bit. (Applejinx's fics are a very non-canon take on characters, but the whole story is so over the top I hardly notice.)

BronyNeumo
Group Contributor

If I'm honest, I'm basically using 'Applejoy' as a sounding board for new ideas and new techniques, and as a way to balance out all the sad caused by 'Shattered'.

The story itself will probably grow to massive lengths and kick around for a while, moving onto different plot sequences as I see fit. I probably won't end it until I get sick of it, and I haven't even gotten Applejoy old enough to really explore her character at all yet! (Really, she doesn't even have a personality beyond giggling and being cute. That shall be remedied as she gets older).

Tchernobog
Group Admin

I wasn't gonna mention the name to avoid spoilers but you ruin that! :applecry:

Well, especially since the author himself has posted on this, I have to say Those Blue Wings. There's also: Hearth's Warmin' Eve, The Wind and the Mountain, Fighting Feelings, Of Apples and Awkwardness, Applecores and Rainbows, My Dream Mare, and Mate For Dash. That's all I've got, that's Appledash anyway. *Hides the Rarijack fics in the corner* Yup, nothing but Appledash here >.>

bookplayer
Group Admin

Well if they look up "Applejinx", what's the first thing they're going to see? :unsuresweetie:

Applejinx kinda did that himself. . .

Tchernobog
Group Admin

:twilightblush: @ praise
:pinkiegasp: -> :twilightangry2: ->:flutterrage: @ Rarijack!

:derpytongue2:

Does it help if I say Those Blue Wings is one of my all time favorites? :scootangel:
Besides, while Rarijack is one of my favorite ships, there's no ship more adorable than Appledash :rainbowwild::heart::ajsmug: .... Except maybe Fluttermac.

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

I really like Apple's Core but it hasn't updated in quite a while
I also like Between a rock and a hard place but it gets hard to follow sometimes, the timeline shifts regularly.

433567 Ah ha! Someone else who's tracking "50 Shades" and "Apple Core". On the former, the hate is most likely due to people hating the book. Anyways I'm waiting to see how far the writer will go with this story.

Yeah I"m waiting on Apple Core too, but the dude hasn't done anything in like forever, may have to untrack soon to make room for other stuff. Hopefully if he does update during season 3, one chapter is not all we'll get.

Ahh Applejinx, I'm currently on "Rarity's Worst Day Ever". His stuff tends to be layered heavily with clop, so it is taking me some time to go through it.

433837 W.W.D.D is the fic. that I thought really pulled off the double story well. I love both the Daring Do and Rainbow plot. I'm tracking that now . . . and I don't think you have anything to worry about.

433977 Heh, is Rarijack your :twilightangry2: pairing?

One of the lastest ones I've come across is "Nopony Needs to Know". It's not shipping but has some nice Apple and Dash interaction and fluff.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Nah, it's pretty much any pairing that isn't Appledash. I actually somewhat tolerate Rarijack, kinda. Depends on the fic. Pinkiedash is my :flutterrage::twilightangry2: pairing.
I'm also tracking 50 shades, but haven't read the book (lol). Curious to see where it goes, but Dash isn't, well, Dash in this :P
I need to glance at apple core again and see what the heck it is. Can't remember with all the appledash i've read.

434659 First chapter stands alone, and the other two deal with A.J going to live in the city to run the Orange place to deal with a debt or something.

Posted
Group Contributor

I had just about forgotten about Apple's Core. I sent that guy a ton and a half of edits in PMs, he thanked me, said he would get on, then disappeared. :twilightoops:

I would be remiss to not mention The Dash Diaries. Just finished it, fantastically adorable, highly recommend.

434659 So you tolerate Rarijack eh? How do you feel about super cheesy romantic adventure movies? Because if you're into that kind of thing then I would recommend you take a peek at Jewel of Reinsburg. It might change your mind about Rarijack. It sure made me fall in love with it.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

I've read a few rarijack fics. They're okay, and i think one was quite good (i forget which) but nothing will shake me from Appledash, ever :p

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

How dare you promote Rarijack on this thread:flutterrage:
Not on my watch
*prepares ninja-monkies for world domination*

Tchernobog
Group Admin

hokay, caught up/reread all the fics in that list of yours! so i can cross off all the ones in this thread :pinkiecrazy:

435740 I'LL PROMOTE WHAT I WANT, WHERE I WANT DAMNIT! [applejack]And ain't nothin' ya'll can do ta make me change mah mind![/applejack]

435968 I sense another huge Applejack fan. By all means keep promoting her. :twilightblush:

I think I'll give "The Dash Diaries" a try.

:applejackunsure: Sorry, in advance, for the double post. Was thinking about putting this one on the main tread, but the post seemed sorta out of place during that time. Then I remembered this topic.

Recently rediscovered a rather touching fic that I read long ago: "Running" by Babileilei. While not labeled as such, this story would fall under friendshipping for AppleDash. :scootangel:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24