AppleDash 3,014 members · 1,068 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
bookplayer
Group Admin

Here's what you need to know to add a fic to this group!

First, the fic has to include Applejack :ajsmug: and Rainbow Dash :rainbowkiss:. I think we've all got that down.

Second, all fics go in folders. If you try to add a fic to a folder and it gives you an error, it's probably already there! DbzOrDie is constantly on the lookout for AppleDash, and he's pretty amazingly fast. If you're still not sure, check the fic's stats page. It will list the groups it's already in, and ours is AppleDash with the capital D. (Dash would accept no less.)

Third, keep an eye on the ratings. We try to make sure all the fics we add are quality, and a good sign of that is if there are a lot more thumbs up than thumbs down. That isn't always the case, sometimes people will thumbs down for stupid reasons and some fics just didn't get a lot of ratings at all. In those cases, take a really good look at the fic and the comments. Are there very few spelling or grammar problems? Are the characters out of character? Are people pointing out some glaring problem in the comments? If the answers to all of those things are "no," go ahead and add it.

Fourth, we have three folders that deserve explanation: Non-romance, and Stories With, but not focused on, AppleDash, and AppleDash Shorts.

Non-romance is for stories that focus on AJ and Dash and their feelings for each other. This can include sad stories where one of them loves the other but the feeling isn't returned, or happy stories about their friendship that never touch on romance.

Stories with, but not focused on, AppleDash is for that. If the story is about completely different characters but AJ and Dash are together in the background, or if the story is about Dash doing something but it's mentioned that she's dating AJ, it goes here.

AppleDash shorts is for those times when an author puts unrelated short stories as chapters in the same published story. If one of those is AppleDash but it doesn't connect to the rest, it goes here.

Like I mentioned before, DbzOrDie tends to be on top of this. He even made this post explaining all of the folders in detail.. Keep an eye out for long, multi-character stories with AppleDash as part of the plot, those tend to be easy for us to miss since the romance tag could apply to any of the tagged characters.

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

I would also like to add that before you go adding a fic, check to make sure it's not in the group already! We've had a few fics recently that had already been in the group for some time get resubmitted when the authors joined.

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

394797 Why would you like to add that if it's already in bookplayer's explanation?
And I know what you mean, I've been constantly deleting stories because people just blatantly put it in the main page folder

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Ah, I didn't know that's what was happening. I kinda skimmed over the post and missed that. Oh well. :facehoof:

How do you actually add a story to a folder?:twilightblush:. I have noticed a disturbing lack of "The Ballad of Twilight Sparkle" in the "contains but not focused on Appledash" folder.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Usually at the bottom of a story, there's an "add to group" button, I think. And it was probably not added because we didn't know about there being Appledash in there!

Now that you've mentioned it (does it crop up often? :D) I'll probably take a gander at it...

It's probably the biggest sub-plot in the story, aye. So much as I entertained the thought it was just filed under the regular romance, instead (even if the main plot of the story is a twixie romance)...wait....how the hell can you not have read the funniest fanfic in the fandom? :rainbowhuh:

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

Too slow, beat you to it :p
Let this be a lesson for you, nobody messes with the almighty fic gatherer of this group :pinkiehappy:

don't take anything of what I just said seriously though :ajsmug:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Fimfiction tells me I've read 9.4 million words. I've read more from google docs and deviantart. I've read a lot, so stuff gets lost :P (plus i find twixie so so, so without Appledash I'd probably not read it.)

Too late, already learned the lesson ;)

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

Don't make me have to smack that lesson straight out of you young man, cause I will.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11