AppleDash 3,014 members · 1,068 stories
Comments ( 75 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 75
Rangelost
Group Contributor

*Ahem* It seems rather... obvious, that one certain ideal is missing, to be instead replaced by two problematics.

You mean :ajsmug: :pinkiehappy:
and :rainbowkiss: :fluttershysad:

I like :ajsmug: :rainbowkiss: too, and this is an active and nice group, hence why i'm here. AppleDash may not be OTP for me but I still like them a lot.

Rangelost
Group Contributor

I suppose all opinions are equal. But some opinions are more equal than others.

:trixieshiftright:

I probably wouldnt want to read those stories then.:fluttercry: I honestly hate fanfics where AJ becomes a cheating whore and breaks ponies heart just to be with rainbow dash. i am sorry but its how i feel i just hate stories like that. it makes me hate AJ and RD for being sluts and breaking the pony they are with heart just to be together. i just feel thats a cheap way to make your OTP happen if you want appledash to happen then dont bring other ponies into the mix to get hurt over it.:twilightangry2: I mean why do you want to hurt other ponies just to make appledash happen? you know there is another way to make it happen without hurting anyone that doesn't involve me calling AJ a whore and writing her death in my fanfic then hating Dash's guts too.

Rangelost
Group Contributor

Those kind of stories are the result of two things:
1. Infusing all that is evil from the human heart into the ponies';
2. Ignoring the Elements of Harmony that they each represent.

There is no good reason for Appledash fans to read anything of the sort, less so enjoy it.

:ajsmug:

True this wont be the first time fanfics portrayed ponies doing things that we do in our world. like murder and such or Unrequited lust, for some reason i just saw ponies as well perfect they cant do wrong. that would get boring i think a story without some sort of conflict.

Rangelost
Group Contributor

I still fail to understand why people afflict ponies with alien, human tragedies, when there is so much more to their universe; spells of impossible powers, creatures of infinite fright, so many things that magnify the worst of our problems as the least of theirs.

It all comes down to originality, I suppose.

I never understood that either, like i dont see Equestria being homophobic or crime ridden but it all comes down to perspective. how some people view it differently i will never understand it and i try not too.:pinkiehappy:

Callisto
Group Contributor

944393 That's actually why I don't write those stories. That's why I said they are my head canon stories, and shared them. Cause, well, if it was a story I was going to write, I wouldn't be posting it here ^_^; I'm not fond of love triangles. Plus, I want to write stuff that's happy, though sometimes I write stuff that apparently has made people cry O.o But if it ends somewhat happy for all the parties, I'm glad. Just depends on my mood.

But yeah, like I said, my head canon stories. Not actual stories I would write. ^_^;

bookplayer
Group Admin

I'm still so on the fence about Rarity x Derpy. . . I mean, I don't hate it, and I love the whole Derpy plot, but I'm not feeling the chemistry yet. (Now the AJ x Gilda fling? So much no, and yes, and awesome. :applejackconfused:)

Anyway, you have plenty of time to convince me otherwise, I have faith. :ajsmug:

As for my own, I jump all over the place. I actually tend to define my shipping more by who will never be shipped (FlutterDash, RariJack, PinkieDash, TwiPie) than by who will always be shipped.

If I had to pair all of the mane six with canon characters in one story, it would go:
AppleDash
RariShy
TwiLuna
PinkieBurn

Luckily no one makes me to that. So I usually just leave everyone but the primary couple single (or, in the case of Best Young Flyer I had ScootaDash, FlutterMac, AJ x OC, Twilight x OC, Spike x Rarity, and Pinkie not involved,)

I enjoyed it. Neither OC figures very deeply into the story, but Applebloom's reaction to AJ's marefriend is pretty hilarious.

Oh headcanon i see now sorry for the misunderstanding.:pinkiehappy: yeah love triangles are not my favorite at all it reminds me way too much of soap operas and other dramas. like i cant stand one sided pinkiedash or twidash. i like to see both parties involved be happy. I can see AJ having a fling or two when she was in school i mean who hasnt? so i know what you mean now, so once again i apologize for that.:twilightsheepish:

bookplayer
Group Admin

Bah. You would love it. The OCs are never even seen, the FlutterMac hasn't even started yet by the time the story ends (it's implied that after ten years they might actually be going on a date. Soon. Maybe.) And the Rarity x Spike thing was only implied, until AcrueBall wrote a fic based on it that's one of the best Sprarity fics ever.

aww poor pinkie gets no one:fluttershysad: i hate leaving anyone single thats why i try to ship everyone with someone since i believe no one should have to be alone while everyone else is happy. how can you be so cruel to pinkie and you say you like her?:applejackconfused::fluttercry:

Comment posted by Drifting Heart deleted May 3rd, 2013
bookplayer
Group Admin

In BYF, Pinkie is happily running her own party business, throwing the biggest parties in Equestria. She probably has lots of ponies, just no one serious. :pinkiehappy:

Sounds about right for her if anything. Thats pretty cool thing you have going there for her business. I mean never seen anyone touch the idea of her being a big party planner and such.:scootangel:

Comment posted by Drifting Heart deleted May 3rd, 2013

Though I agree that no one should be alone if they don't want to be, I don't find it necessary for a story to specify everyone's love interest. Unless it's useful to the plot, it can go unmentioned. Just because my headcanon for example leaves out some characters doesn't mean they wouldn't find someone, I just don't care. :rainbowwild:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

check krazythefox's blog. Several posts back (on phone, can't really link easy!)

the non appledash ones, presumably~

I see that does make sense.:twilightsmile:

BronyNeumo
Group Contributor

My headcannon gets quite confusing at times.

It's loosely based on the "Applejoy" series, and thus features:

Appledash (duh.)
Fluttermac (I was a big fan of this back when I wrote my first fix (2 years ago or more, now), but now I'm not really enthralled with it anymore.)
Twiliree (This is the funnest to say out loud)
RariPants (Fleur cheated on Fancy and dumped him, throwing him into a sort of deprssion that Rarity pulled him out of, and speaking of which...)
SoarFleaur (It rhymes!)
LightningFire
ScootaBloom (This I basically did because mini-Appledash. SPOILER ALERT: (white text) They break up in the next installment, and this leads to...
Scootabloom (Yay!)
Pinkie X Whoever she wants (basically a bunch of FWB-type relationships)
And, of course:
Lyrabon
Octascratch

bookplayer
Group Admin

(We don't know crap about Fleur Des Lis, how can we assume that they're married?)

I don't assume they're married. I assume he's gay:

Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum- humanized Fancy Pants and Fleur De Lis.

I do like Twilight and Pony Joe, though. Bad Horse actually used that in a fic, and I thought it was really sweet.

TwiShy (OTP!:yay::twilightsmile:) and RariJack
(Not sure why but I'm also a fan of LunaDash, which is all too rare)
Oh, and Sweetie-Spike

943034 rarity and SPIKE, SPARITY

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 75