TwiDash 4,239 members · 1,192 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

for some reason I have this idea trap in my head for while,
it be a twidash story but for some reason I can see Twilight have known Spitfire for most of her life either cause A) Spitfire is the older sister of Twilight Velvet. B) Spitfire and Twilight Velvet were roommate/BBF or. C) Spitfire is twilight bio mom but give twilight to Velvet to raise cause she could not raise twilight on her own/is busy with the wonder bolts to care for the child.

so when rainbow dash goes to meet Twilight family she notice a lot of picture of twilight with spitfire and rest of the family.....

6793915 I like Scenario A best, followed by B.

C?
Not so much.

nods "I hear that, just idea been in my head for while, I can also see spitfire who somewhat around twilight as filly would help make twilight a bit of a thrill seeker as well.

Cryosite
Group Contributor

Twilight and Spitfire have interacted in canon several times now. Their interaction depicts them as professional acquaintances at most.

Your idea boils down to, "what if Twilight Sparkle had this piece of character history" and none of those fit the details we do have in the show. Even if we do decide we like this rather shallow piece of characterization, it isn't a story. The answer to the question is, "so what?"

People who want to write a good story should take this idea as an example of how not to do characterization. It's a mistake to learn from and avoid making themselves.

I love A and B. Not feeling C. Not sure how it would work. It's definitely something to look into.

I think for something like this to work it would have to be an Alt. U with unicorn Twi where it starts somewhere before Twilight and Spitfire had interacted in the show

i agreed with this statment

I like those ideas for A.Us

i love au that stay close to cannon but switch a few things be it gender or slight change in history or what if sunset stayed in pony world,

Yeah same but I’m also very fond of A.Us that differ a bit more (I also feel these are a little different with Spitfire being quite a bit older)

I think I might try something similar to the last one (the first one could be good too)

up to you, I just throw idea out there to see if if any write see it and it get the creative juices flowing

An AU where young Twi becomes the captain of the Wonderbolts. She's not even a pegasus, you say? Magic!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16