TwiDash 4,239 members · 1,192 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22
Formerly Committed
Group Admin

AKA The unnecessary post.

This counts right?

Also in other news, there was a RariLight contest recently and currently there is an AppleDash and a Sunset shipping contest going on. So in the spirit of things we are proud to announce:

Nothing!

And people wonder why I say this is the best group.

I have something similar :twilightsmile::rainbowkiss:

Formerly Committed
Group Admin

Obviously, it's for our awesome discord server that we don't have.

Because this is the best group.

Formerly Committed
Group Admin

I mean ... it's no SweetieDash, so let's not get crazy.

Let's be real here for a minute though... People will always have their own opinion on what is the best ship, but Sweetie Belle and Rainbow? How would that work?

SweetieDash? :rainbowhuh:

I saw this picture on facebook and a huge grin was instantly on my face. The comments on there was a war zone though! I may love twidash MASSIVELY more than other ships, but i will always support every ship out there!

Cryosite
Group Contributor

Sometimes you go through life and you encounter projects. You may stumble upon such a project, and think to yourself, "I can do this. This is within my ability." Of course, closer examination and assessment reveals that you may have to sit down, get comfy, maybe have a fresh pot of coffee handy. You can do this, but it will take time, concentration, and some tenacity. You could do this though.

Then you realize that the benefactor of this effort, this complete project, will not appreciate said work and effort. They barely will appreciate the fruits of completing that project. Indeed, they may even be entirely incapable of grasping either.

For you, such is the way of finding an answer to your SweetieDash question. Those who look upon this massive project of enlightening you aren't lacking in an answer, they're simply lacking in the sort of masochism it would take to complete the project.

So have this instead.

Formerly Committed
Group Admin

Rather than go into why this amazing ship would work (and it totes could), I will learn you where the idea came from oh so long ago.

It began when I was just a little Form Comm, enjoy my TwiDash and my Scootabelle, and laughing at the ludicrousness of AppleDash, like a good shipper should. And suddenly, I was thought with a thought that made me think. Why of the main 6 are the CMC only shipped with their sisters? And by shipped I mean forced into situations where their siblings rape them. Surely, there are traits and qualities the non-related main 6 have could be appreciated and loved by their non-related CMC counter parts.

So I looked, and sure enough, they were there.

And then another thought struck me. Surely, I'm not the only one to see this. So I looked. I scoured FimFiction for any signs of these ships. I looked for a hint of RariBloom, for a smidge of ScootaLight, for a tiny inkling of SweetieDash. And what I found appalled me.

Nothing. And by nothing I refuse to mention the weird rape stuff.

So I made it my mission to champion this cause. Why should their love interests be regulated to each other or ... Spike.

"But Form Comm!" you cry. "They're just fillies!"

The ages of both the CMC and the Main 6 has been a topic of constant debate. And we have no concrete proof of how big or small the age gap is between them. We can make a relatively good guess, but we may never know for sure. The consensus seems to be around 5-10 years age difference. (Unless you're one of those weirdos that make AJ Bloom's mom). I like to put them around 7-8 year age difference. It isn't really that difficult to throw every pony into the future 6 years from where they are in canon.

But let's be real though, there are bigger, dumber ships that have sailed on nothing more than them being on the screen for about 10 frames together.

Formerly Committed
Group Admin

I prefer my rap to be educational

On the other hoof, six years in the future from age seven or eight (13-14) with a five-to-ten-year age difference (18-24) is still super statutory. The reason they're usually either shipped with Spike and other school kids or left to those, um... more unpleasant stories is because unless you want to move up a decade or more, that's all you can really have.

Formerly Committed
Group Admin

I mean, if you see them that young sure. With your example if the CMC were 8, the Main 6 could range from 13 to 18.

I see the CMC around 13.

Edit: I feel like those numbers in parenthesis are edits. I don't remember seeing them when I first made this comment.

If Sweetie Belle is 13, 6 years would make her 19, we'll go one more since some people get squeamish when you still have to say 'teen', so 7 years into the future. So at 20 years old with a 5-10 year difference, that puts Dashie somewhere between 25-30. A 20 year old dating a 30 year old can be seen as frowned upon, but it's not unheard of, and it's leagues away from being 'super statutory.'

Super edit: it was explained to me that you probably misread what I meant when I said "I prefer them between 7-8." I meant their age difference, not their actual age.

I think it's strange, but ship what you want. Personally, I couldn't get over the age gap.

Formerly Committed
Group Admin

How dare you have a different opinion than me!

Just look on the bright side, at least it isn't foalcon or incest ...

>glares at Tenth's Read Later list

It can be viewed as foalcon, and I'm sure most do.

It seems like I'm a huge hypocrite here, but I've stopped reading those types of stories, for the most part, and still haven't removed them from my Bookshelves.

Well, no, if the characters are not children, it can't be viewed as foalcon.

Because foalcon requires that at least one character be a child.

I'm saying the majority, at least the people I've met, recognize the Mane Six as adults and the CMC as kids.

I guess it's really up to fan interpretation since we don't have exact ages.

Ah. I see. You're fundamentally misunderstanding FC's premise.

He's saying set the stories in the future.

Oh. Oh.

Well, that's embarrassing. My excuse is I've gotten sick and I'm a little tired.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22