I Just Want a Comment 3,690 members · 15,799 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

(Gulp)

Hello.

Nervous author here that is really just looking for a bit of feedback on the latest chapter to either point him in the right direction or steady his nerves. Ideally both, but depending on how big the pointer needs to be, those two goals might run counter to one another. The story in question is the Twilit Night linked below. It's an AU story focussing on a reimagining of The Mare in the Moon. The Mane 6 have gone through various traumas and disasters in their pasts which they will need to work through in order to become the heroes they need to be to save the day.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/555686/the-twilit-night

I figure this is the time to man (pony?) up and ask for feedback, not nine chapters into a twenty chapter story when I've had all the more time to compound my mistakes.

The first thing I notice is you have not put your story in any groups, if you want to get readership, putting it in relevant groups is a good idea.

Thank you. This is something I have been looking at. I wasn't too sure exactly what group it would fit under, but it looks like Adventure Fics of ALL Types fits the bill. I'll continue to look for relevant groups.

I'll give it a go... But my own white whale says i probably shouldn't :twilightoops:

7964291 Is the name really Twilit and not Twilight?

Here's a harpoon and my thanks to help you on your way.

Yes, as in 'a night faintly lit, as if by twilight'. It's down to Twilight and company to stop Nightmare Moon, so she's the faint light in the darkness, so to speak. 'The Twilight Night' seemed a bit too on the nose.

What do you think?

7964965 Twilit is a legit word, so you have a basis to use it. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a grammatical mistake. It's a bit confusing how close twilit and twilight are by meaning and spelling.

I appreciate it. The title has grown on me since, but I remember it did sound a bit strange to me the first time I heard it. I don't think much can be done unless I'm going to workshop an entirely new title.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8