RariJack 1,945 members · 537 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31

Hey! So I realise that I'm almost three weeks late to make something about this episode, so I'm not sure how many people will even read this, and at first I wasn't gonna make this because I thought that at least some of the Rarijack-related things that I had to say about this episode were so small that it would look like I was just grasping at straws lol. However, judging by Applety's comments on this post: https://www.fimfiction.net/group/91/rarijack/thread/329691/im-not-saying, it appears I'm not the only one who notices every tiny detail, so I thought "why not?":pinkiehappy:

Anyway, here we go:

Applejack is the first one to step up to offer her assistance to Rarity.

Applejack tries to defend Rarity after Twilight and Rainbow talk about her situation and bad mane.
Twilight: I think we all know how bad Rarity's been feeling, but I never thought she'd cancel her shoot with Photo Finish.
Rainbow: You saw her mane, right?
Applejack: But it's Rarity. If anypony can turn lemons into lemonade, it's her.

Applejack is the first one who attempts to snap Rarity out of her funk by telling her that there's more to her than her mane.
Applejack: Okay, Rarity, you've done just about enough sulkin'! Havin' a fabulous mane is a wonderful thing, but it ain't the only thing!

Applejack is the first one to comment after her turn-around (and said something pretty sweet, too).
Applejack: Well, Rarity, if you wanted to shine from the inside out, I think this afternoon, you became the brightest filly in Equestria!

Rarity: Oh, pshaw, Applejack. I'm simply making up for all the time I wasted feeling sorry for myself.

Seeing that Rarity is feeling better about herself, Applejack's happy expression shifts further:

~ Timeskip. ~

As you can see here, as Rarity is worrying about her mane, Applejack is walking behind her:

However, she then moves forward to her:

Applejack: Yes, Rarity. It's been months.

Obviously, in this image, it just looks like she's annoyed, but in the very next frame she smiles at her:

Applejack: Your mane looks fine.
And she holds that gaze for the remainder of the time they're on screen together, despite the fact that Rarity is still worrying about her mane.

Applejack instigates the explanation about the photoshoot after Pinkie hands the magazine over (also, *wink.*)

Applejack: We had a little talk with Photo Finish...

And then her elation grows as Fluttershy expands on it:

And then Applejack closes the episode with:

Applejack: Luckily, you don't have to say anything. Your style speaks for itself. (Also, *wink* again).

Welp, that's it for me. Feel free to discuss/add on to anything I've said, or tell me about anything you think I may have missed.:raritywink:

I just loved that after Rarity demanded to be allowed to sulk in darkness, Applejack flipped on the light.:rainbowlaugh:

Good show with this - I do enjoy these episode threads. :raritywink:

Oh, yeah! How could I forget? I love that one, too.:rainbowlaugh:

And thank you! I'll probably make more of these in the future. It gives me an excuse to freak out about even the tiniest details without people thinking I'm completely insane.:pinkiecrazy:

6131835 Darn it Hasbro, just say it already, you're failing at being subtle about it

I patiently await the day that they finally own up to the truth.

The absurdly tiny-yet-obvious clues in the last camp episode really sold me into the "canon but unmentioned" belief.:pinkiehappy:

I love that I was able to inspire such a post!!! And yes!!! I saw all of this too and gushed!!! AJ was the most vocally helpful and complimentary towards Rarity in this episode!

Best compliments and even had that whole "snap outta it" attitude that works so well with someone who is accustomed to dealing with Rarity's shenanigans. That hint that AJs words help snap Rares out of her dramatics! :heart:

Oh you mean like AJ checkin' out Rarity's FLANK blatantly!?

I mean COME ON!!! AJ! EYES UP!
She doesn't move her eyes up till Dash mentions the sound of water.

And this is all aside from the small bits throughout Campfire Tales as well :3

For me it was that look at the very end. They're running off into the distance and AJ's eyes are on... Rarity.:heart:

That IS one of the moments as well :3 <3

Haha, I'm glad you like it! And yeah, I totally agree with you about AJ being the most vocally helpful.

I guess this group can count on us both to point stuff out.:rainbowwild:

Note that AJ couldn't snap Rarity out of her freakout in "Fame and Misfortune" because she happened to be having a freakout at the same time. :twistnerd:

APPLEJACK: "I need a hundred blankets, and I need 'em now!" [leaves with four blankets]

Actually just thought I'd let you guys know.... that document I mentioned I was considering making on Bunny's thread?? Yeah, I'm gonna make it and post it to the group in a GDoc that I will update periodically to keep up-to-date! :D

I didn't even notice Applejack's "shiniest filly in Equestria" comment when i first watched it, Rarity's mane took all my attention lol

I love this post though, points out that the animators and writers know what's up :raritywink:

Good to know! I hope you don't mind if I contribute in the comments or something? I like adding my two pence to stuff like this.:eeyup:

Thanks, friend.:twilightsmile:

The show staff just have to know what they're doing to me.:twilightoops:

It'll take me quite some time to build it since I have seven seasons and all the EQG content to consider and comb through! But once it's posted I don't mind comments and stuff!

Well, I could always help you with that, if you need it. I enjoy doing stuff like this and helping other people.:twilightsmile:

I feel like the writers legitimately do this to fuck with us.

Merc the Jerk
Group Admin

Such is the life of every shipper

Is this a thing- the whole spotting every Rarijack moment each episode?
Because it should definitely be a thing.
There has to be at least one shipper of them working on the show, because they're constantly being paired up in the show and are seriously so affectionate and loving, ah!

Yes, it's not the most common, but it's a thing that should always been happening :V

I would not be surprised in the very least if some of the writers and animators do ship them and like to throw in as many teasers as possible lol

I've always been of the idea that, if the team has to make one of the Mane 6 LGBT, that one has to be Applejack (and before you think about it, no. It can't be Rainbow Dash because 1: it would be too obvious, tentative and stereotypical. And 2: There's enough evidence to prove that she is straight.). The main problem is: who could be her better half ? I mean, as much as I love Rarijack, that's almost impossible because Rarity is the most straight of the girls and there's enough evidence to prove itl). But honestly, I can't imagine anyone else taking her place.

What do you think?

I agree with you completely about the Rainbow Dash thing, even if one of my favourite ships for her is PinkieDash.

As for Rarity, I always think that she'd just be bisexual, and that the reason she flirts so much and tries so hard with any stallion she may randomly fall for is because she constantly refers to herself as "a lady." She probably has it in her head that "a true lady must marry a stallion. She cannot be a lesbian" and "he must be of high social standing to meet my standards (so no farm ponies.:ajsleepy:)" You know, stuff like that.

But eh, that's just my view on the matter.:rainbowwild:

I think me and Applety are going to ensure that this becomes a thing.:raritywink:

Rarity could definitely be straight (or bi, but leans towards stallions) but I headcanon her as closeted gay/bi.
Often it feels like she's following a script- she's supposed to fall in love with a prince or noble pony. And, frankly, I think she assumes she needs to marry a unicorn. Someone rich, well-connected, knows all the right words to say and can sweep a mare off her hooves.
And then there's Applejack.
She's the complete antithesis of everything she thought she wanted, but she finds herself falling for her anyway for those exact reasons

Oh my God yes. All of this.

ok that settles it- I like you

Thanks! I like you, too.:twilightsmile:

Heeeyyy... so remember this little chat? I ended up being (shockingly) inspired and wrote a fic in the past 3 days based on this, haha!
It's going up this afternoon :pinkiehappy:
So, uh, thanks for the inspiration! :ajsmug:

Oh, wonderful! I'm going to go read it now. Looks like it's been received extremely well, too! Nicely done.:pinkiehappy:

And no problem, I guess.:rainbowwild:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31