Chess Game of the Gods 1,442 members · 87 stories
Comments ( 248 )
  • Viewing 201 - 250 of 248

2171748 Thought it was something similar to that in this 'verse; thanks.

A question for you all. Alicorns.
"That's... not a question..."
Shut up, abridged Piccolo.

Sorry, I have got dbz abridged stuck in my head.

Real point: I know how Alicorns were of the ancient races etc. twilicorn and candance semi alicorns etc. etc. with Celestia, Luna and maybe Gaia (from 'What was lost') and godly Lauren ('From harmony to chaos' or whatever the title was) as the only still living. How much freedom has an author about this stuff? I don't plan to insert a whole group of them, that would ridicolous, but I had a plan for another alicorn with a Lauren like godly level and someone to rule the seaponies.
That last one was to be King Leo:
appeared in the illustrated book "Under the sparkling sea" but which canon status is unsorted, as far as I know. He is referred as Celestia cousin in the mlp wiki, but that doesn't mean much. Also, he doesn't look like an alicorn at all and playing the "male specismen" wouldn't work either, because in our canon from alicorns descended only herbivorous creatures.
How much can I do to be acceptable for the chessverse?
Let me know.

Thethhron
Group Contributor

MMy first thought is: That's not an alicorn, it's something else entirely.

Which then says, you can probably do whatever as long as he doesn't play a huge role in previously done events or something. I guess I don't see a problem with it, so long as he kind of kkeeps to himself, like Gaia. but not my call.

Got it, thank you!

Hmm, tell me... What is that "Den Delcza" thing on the old map of the Chessverse, in the middle of the Black Marsh? I didn't find anything about it.
If it's supposed to be a town I might actually use it.

Just checked... is not deLCZa but 'deKza'. This didn't help me finding any information about it, tought. The only story, as far as the timeline goes, that involved the Black Marsh until now has been Dark body, light soul, and in the 'Equis' page in our wiki the only confirmed city there was Necro City, which appeared in the aforementioned story.
Could it be of any use in your story? A city full of zombies and Ghosts....

Frankly, I think that name on the map coukd be just a kind of place holder

Oh hey, it IS a K instead of "LC". Thanks for pointing that out.
Well, if no one has any idea of what Den Dekza was supposed to be, I'll say it's a military outpost belonging to Equestria, just like Wethoof.

Cloud_Surfer
Group Admin

Pretty sure it was going to be a Diamond Dog Den, since you know, most Dens in the stories have belonged to D-Dogs.

That would do for an interesting backstory. An abandoned diamond dog den reconverted into a military outpost. What do you think?

Thethhron
Group Contributor

Actually....Unless I can find it in a story somewhere, that's totally possible. In fact, I may use it in the backstory i'm writing for a character right now. It fits in perfectly with what I'm writing right now and I plan on having it get raided. LIterally just writing that part. Equestria could come along a few years later and claim it.

Like, it gets raided a few years before the Game, and then deserted, and the the military finds it and uses it as a base?
I'm okay with this.
Send me a link to the chapter where you write that backstory, when you're done!

Okay, I looked through all of the questions and I couldn't find an answer to my question. Maybe it's just one that everyone already knows the answer to, but I don't.

Is Reformed Discord and Alicorn Twilight cannon in the Chessverse? I know that we try to follow the show as much as possible, but somethings had to be changed. Such as Trixie never finding the Alicorn Amulet, and Knightmare brought it back to Canterlot to be locked up. If Discord isn't reformed then the first 2 episodes from season 4 become disconnected from the Chessverse.

Thethhron
Group Contributor

2280841 THere were some plans in the works for alicorn twilight but that happened with Blackwing's story, which is now deuterocanon so...I do not know that anyone else has any plans regarding the matter. you could probably write it in if you want.

Just so it's here, I'm compiling a list of all the stories in the Main folder. I have included the species, update status, canon status, and whether or not I believe the story to be dead. The list still lacks some of those details but should contain every story. I will be updating this list constantly over the next three weeks in order to facilitate the cleaning of the group. Hopefully, I will be able to contact any and all authors whose stories I am unsure of or appear to be dead. If you want, I can transfer all this over to a spreadsheet to better facilitate sorting. Link
Here's the spreadsheet form

Comment posted by Thethhron deleted Dec 3rd, 2013
Thethhron
Group Contributor

Okay, I lied. The initial and basically complete spreadsheet is already done. My procrastination on homework has caused me to finish this far ahead of the three week time schedule I put myself on. The link can be found in the preceeding post. or HHere

I don't know if I'm in the right place to ask this but if I am then the question is quite simple. Is anyone using the chars Amira and Haakim. If anyone do not know who they are, they are the horses who appear in season 3 at the end of the magical duel episode who are delegates from Saddle Arabia. The reason I ask this is because I have a idea for them two for a story that hopefully will have the honor to partake in the Chess Games of the Gods.
If anyone is using them please simply reply to me and I will find or probably make OC ponies or rather horses for the said story. Thank you, and have a nice day.
P.S. If anyone wonder why I ask, its because my story actually takes place in Saddle Arabia.

2829544 The only story to have taken place in Saddle Arabia so far was has been dead for a while. I can't remember any story actually using them, so feel free to go on.
No, I COMPEL you to go on. We really need to have some out-Equestria world building.

To be sure you should check our Ufficial Timeline and search for references to Saddle Arabia or such.

2829998 wow. I honestly didn't see that coming. Thank you for such words of encouragement. However please know that because there isn't much information on saddle Arabia I might have to wing it time to time. Again thank you. On a side note the species of said main character is (I look up on this so it's probably allow) a gnoll. Hopefully they are still allow and if not, ah well.

Thethhron
Group Contributor

2829998 2831151
Well, for once, Komodo is actually partially wrong. There is a small amount of information being created regarding Saddle Arabia and the Continent it is on. Another author is also attempting to start his story down there, although he doesn't plan on using the leader of Saddle Arabia and his wife directly. If you were looking to use them directly in your fic, it's probably alright but you likely wouldn't be able to have them in your party (though they could just be emissaries, instead of leaders. No biggie.) That being said, there is a huge plan afoot for what's going on with Saddle Arabia. If you were looking to be canon, mention that when you get around tto writing your fic and sending it in to the regulators. They'll be able to direct what you need to do.

Gnolls should be fine but you still need to submit a race sheer for them to Cloud_Surfer

2831151 2834798

Oh, well... sorry about that. Just to avoid future problems, where are the informations about it? On the Wiki or another thread?

Thethhron
Group Contributor

2834812 2831151
Unfortunately, neither. We're still working on the country itself. I'll try to finish the wiki page soon but I've been busy with school recently. The plans regarding it are actually a bit of a secret. Suffice to say that a big, overarching plot is starting in Saddle Arabia and building up to something later in the verse. Suffice to say that if brony here would like to become canon, it shouldn't be TOO much of a problem yet but it will depend on when he enters the story.

2834798 okay thank you. So should I pm cloud of my char sheet or do I have to give it to him somewhere on this forum? I just want to make sure I don't accidentally screw up.

2834824 im planning on posting it up soon but I need to check up with my editor. Also when you said send it to the regs do you mean just entering my story in the canon folder? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions but I don't want to make mistakes, that's all.

Thethhron
Group Contributor

It's actually a veeeery good thing you're asking right now, because those are a bunch of super bad mistakes you just mentioned.First, before you actually publish, you need to send your story to three of the regulators on the front page of the group. either send them GDocs or give them the chapters on fimfic and the password to access them. If all three of them approve the story, then you can publish the story and it will be added to the unsorted folder.

The race sheet is for gnolls specifically, not your character persay, and needs to be sent to cloud via PM for review regardless.

If you are looking to become canon, there is a waiting list thread in the forum. Read the Original post and post your story AFTER it has been accepted into the group. after that, it will go up for review and may make it into canon.

2834980 again thank you for giving me this information. Once more I do not wish to sound rude but I want to specify on the race sheet. Do you mean just putting down information on the wiki of the chess games of the gods and give it to cloud? Or perhaps something else entirely? Again I don't wish to sound rude but I want to make sure that everything is clarify and there is no confusion on this whole thing.
And I wish to ask something regarding with the delegates of saddle Arabia. Is it okay that they can have family members? Uncle, aunts exc, I am asking because I don't know what you have plan for their involvement. Also on another note I have a question regarding the saddle Arabia. Before I came on here with questions I was trying to make up a name for a minor city within the Arabia. I made up the name, but I do not know if it will interferes with any future plans regarding Arabia. So I am wondering if I should change them name if it does interfere with said plans. Again I am just trying to make sure I don't make any mistakes that will cause future problems.

Thethhron
Group Contributor

A town name shouldn't be a problem, as to my knowledge only one or two cities have actually been planned out.

If you check the Rules and Regulations thread, you should find the requirements for a race sheet. Stick the information, listed in the thread, in a google document and send it to Cloud.

It shouldn't be a problem for the delegates to have family - personally, I imagine them as married. I should also note that we haven't decided if those two ponies are the emperor and his wife or just emissaries.

2837175 okay then. *sigh* thanks for your help with these questions. It's a shame that I have to change the setting of the place now. I had a pretty good plan for what happen next. Ah well I can probably tweak a few things. As for the two honestly I see them as brother and sisters. And I was planning on them just being ambassadors for their father who is the ruler of saddle Arabia. But like you said it hasn't been determined yet. So I could twist a few things to let the readers guess.
Again thanks for helping me out.

Thethhron
Group Contributor

I'm honestly not sure how much you will have to change. you haven't really told me anything about what your plans are. PM me and we can discuss them. they may still be viable

Can we use gods from games and such for the god? Like , per say, Alduin or Meridia from The Elder Scrolls? Or maybe some D&D gods?
Not just Greek and Norse gods and such, ones from fake polytheisms.

3300311 Absolutely can. There's no restriction on that, as far as I'm aware.

What happened to the old Griffin Dominion? I know that it was dismantled by Princess Celestia. I have read Griffin the Griffin and The Blue Stranger, The Red Curtain where the old Griffin Dominion is mentioned. However, I just wanted to come here to see if there are any other stories that give more back story for the Griffin Dominion.

Like what type of government it was, its relationship with the other countries, etc.

Any help will be appreciated.

Weeeman
Group Admin

As far as I know (there are people who know more about the chessverse lore that could give you a better answer) the Griffin Dominion is in a terrible state. A large % of the world's griffin population live as slaves to Gem Fido's diamond dogs. The few who still inhabit the Dominion and are free live in small tribes, so in terms of culture and technology they are in the Stone Age.

The Dominion is probably house to several diamond dog clans that enslave even more griffins, since the griffins haven't got the military power to drive them off. A tribe of griffins could force diamond dogs settlers to leave their domains alone by attacking them before they can dig their underground dens, but a clan larger than their tribe will force them to pack their things and fly away before they end up as slaves.

Due to all of this, I think there is no such thing as a griffin government.

Thanks for that information, but I didn't mean the current state of the Griffin Dominion. I meant the state that they were in before Princess Celestia dismantled their government around nine centuries ago.

By the way, where can I find these chessverse lore people?

Weeeman
Group Admin

A good amount of the chessverse lore is here http://chessgame-of-the-gods.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page. If it is not there, it is either in one of the several canon and deuterocanon stories, or somewhere in the sea of google docs owned by several different authors, or in the memory of an author who may or may not answer "soon" to your questions, or lost forever because the author cancelled his story and has "forgotten" everything.

EDIT: It seems that Blackwing is the one in charge of the Griffin Dominion, so he should know more about it than anyone else. Send him a Private Message and he will probably tell you more than anyone else could.

LOL, it's funny that you mention that, because that was the first place I went. And you know what he said?

Blackwing said, "Can't think of anything." :rainbowlaugh:

Weeeman
Group Admin

Alright, I talked with Trout and we came up on the spot with the lore you want, since nobody had ever written about it more than what you said before. Yes, we created new lore just for you :3

The griffins of the Dominion lived in a heavily militarized autocracy. They saw all the neighbouring nations as potential targets to be raided or conquered. They were ruled by a High Commander, who acted as a King of sorts, but they had no royalty. Instead, the position a griffin had in the goverment was directly related to their position in the Dominion army. As such, the High Commander is the general of all the armies, his "lords" and "ladies" are other generals, and so on.

There were noble houses, however, founded by great griffins that reached a position high enough during their lives to ensure their offspring would be wealthy and powerful. However, these noble families could disappear as quickly as they rose, with a sucession of weak griffins quickly depleting their family's fortune until there was nothing left. Due to this, all succesful noble families trained their children since a very early age so they would become great warriors and strategists, ensuring that they would also bring wealth and renown to their family.

Due to their aggresive stance against any non-griffin, the other nations saw them as a dangerous entity likely to steal and kill just for the sake of it. This eventually lead Celestia to dismantle their nation when she had a chance.

:pinkiegasp: You made new lore just for me? :fluttercry: Wow thanks.

The reason why I wanted to know the back story of the Griffin Dominion was so that I could fill in the gaps without breaking continuity. If you wouldn't mind, could I make a few changes for my story?

Weeeman
Group Admin

Yeah, you do your thing. We'll probably like it as long as it is not something very drastic such as:
The Griffin Dominion having mechas and laser weapons
The griffins are actually aliens
Celestia married the High Commander and gave birth to the pegasi
Shrek the ogre was the High King of the Dominion
The Dominion was a thriving democracy focused on arts and science, until the evil tyrant Celestia razed it and killed everyone

Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything drastic. In fact, the changes are going to be minor ones. And besides, you're going to approve the back story when I send the character sheet. Well, if you're still doing that by the time I'm done with it.

I'll make you proud!

871735 I'm not so sure if this set of questions have been asked or not, if it has just send me a link, if not, you get the point. Anyways, is there some kind of cannon CGotG Timeline I can actually look at to get a better idea of things and is there a map I can look at? I will be reading the cannon stories, but it is still far easier to make things work with a timeline to keep things in check.

Okay I just want to ask this because I don't know for sure. Where is the forum to talk about which god/goddess are pick, and if it's possible, use one of the Daedric Princes. I'm just asking, because I don't know where I can ask about this on the forum, so I thought this would be a good place to start.

Three Questions:
1. Has there ever been a Chess Game in Equestria's past? (if so, how far back? Rough estimate) In Through Feline Eyes, it is implied that at one time there WAS a previous 'game', but is this considered to be canon, or no?
2. Will someone be making a thread for the collective lore of this 'verse with sum-ups of the canon and duetero fics (or at least the ones that haven't been cancelled)? It would make it easier for newer writers and a good refresher for older ones.
3. Does a Chessverse fic HAVE to be written as taking place in THIS current game, or, if there was a previous game, can it take place in that one (or as a joke fic a God that slept in sends a piece across too late and he/she misses out on a chance to do anything)?

Weeeman
Group Admin

1. Yes. There's been one other game, and it happened several thousand years ago, back when alicorns were the dominant species and ponies barely existed. There was an attempt to write stories based on this previous game, the Prequel stories, but the project was abandoned due to lack of commitment. Even I wrote one, but cancelled it when I realized the idea was going nowhere.

2. We have the wiki: http://chessgame-of-the-gods.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page There's just too much lore to be written into a forum thread without it becoming too large to be fun to read.

3. You can write a story based in the prequels, but be aware that nobody else is going to be writing in that time so you won't have crossovers. You can also have a non-canon story, so you can change almost everything you want. (If you want to write a prequel story, tell me and I'll send you a link with a LOT of information)

3. I don't know yet, thats why I asked. I've been trying to get my creative juices flowing again, but we'll see what happens.

I'm very confused, can anyone summarize the whole entire story in the most basic terms without being Wiki?
Because I'm all like Gif
And

And

• Viewing 201 - 250 of 248