RariPie 453 members · 112 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I know there are many groups out there for writing/editing help, but please hear me out for a while.

I've experienced first hand how difficult it is to pre-read/edit/proofread a story when you don't belong to that fandom, or you don't ship the story's ship. I've also experienced the other side, editing a story from a fandom I don't know or a ship I don't ship. That's fine on the language side of things like catching grammar and spelling mistakes, but you won't be able to give or receive feedback on things such as characterization and what-not.

I'm fairly new to the MLP:FiM fandom, but I already have 2-3 RariPie stories in the works. That's something I don't normally do, and now I'm at a loss. I can't ask my usual writing buddies to beta-read because of the not-my-fandom issue I mentioned earlier. I browsed through some writing groups, but I think I would be more comfortable to have a pre-reader who also ships RariPie.

I created this thread with that thought, but not entirely just for my sake.

If you have a RariPie story and would like to have some help or feedback from other RariPie shippers, this thread is for you.

I myself am willing to do some prereading/editing/proofreading for anything RariPie. Fair warning though, my English grammar is not perfect (I'm not from an English-speaking country). But if that's okay with you, feel free to PM me.

Cheers!

2895921 I'm more concerned as to why we don't have a Prompt Tag Collab. That's just what this ship needs to get more attention!

Is that the writing game where you post a prompt, then someone else writes for it and gives a new prompt?

That's awesome. We should totally do that! :pinkiehappy:

2895958 I know - but I don't know if we have enough people. :applejackunsure:

2895988 I guess we won't really know unless we try it out. This group has been practically comatose for a while now, for lack of activity. But members still increase and stories still get added. Perhaps a Prompt Tag Collab is exactly what the group needs to start up again.

2896049 Hmm... I'll kick it up. Hopefully, you're right.

2895921 Getting pre-readers that are already into the ship is good, but it can also be a good idea to get the perspective of someone who doesn't have any special feelings for RariPie. Sometimes it takes an outsider's viewpoint to find things that don't quite work for the story. And if you can write a Raripie that a non-Raripie-shipper can enjoy, then you know you have yourself a good story.

However, I still very much approve of the purpose of this thread. Finding people willing to pre-read can be a pain.

I understand that. Normally, when I write originals or for other fandoms, I get a number of people to look through it. The differing opinions on a single work help me figure out what would work better for the story.

I know it's different for everyone, but I guess comfort zones is also a factor here. If I were to use myself as an example... Right now, I'm not very confident with my fiction writing, let alone ponyfic writing. But I'm so in love with RariPie I couldn't help writing about them. I'm still relatively new to the fandom, so I feel it would be better if I work with someone who could help me in writing ponyfics, specifically in writing Rarity and Pinkie Pie and them together.

Um, I hope that made sense. And that I didn't babble too much about myself. If I did, I apologize. It's just that it's 7AM here and I haven't slept all night. :coolphoto:

If you want help proofreading/editing, I'll be glad to help you out, friend.

2897458 Thank you very much! :pinkiehappy: I'll message you about it later after I sleep, if that's okay?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11