Spilight 689 members · 444 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

In the spike fanfictions group, a user asked about what type of relationship have twilight and spike, and also ask that you think about the spilight

I don't like that others think that twilight is the mother of spike, but that is not what bothers me, what bothers me is that some users qualify the spilight as some type of sick incestuous relation, it seems that nobody remembers that twilight and spike has no ties of blood, are not even of the same species, i understand that your relationship may seem brothers, but they are not really brothers, there is nothing wrong with the spilight

What is your opinion about this?
Ps
Sorry for the spelling errors, my English is not good

Their relationship is fairly ambiquous in the show. But in ways I agree with you a romance wouldn't be technically incestuous as they're not related by blood (at least so far in the canon of the show... Gee, it'd be kind of awkward with every spilight romance fic if the show actually did make their relation canon :-)). Anyway, at the same time I can see where most people's notion of incest comes from, as their relationship in the show does sort of seem to tilt towards a little brother/big sister or son/mother side. I'm not ruling out romance completely, just a deeper platonic relationship seems more plausible.

4142913 I still find it hilarious that people consider Twispike incestuous yet people love it when Twilight fucks her brother, mother, father or all of them at once.

But we're in a fandom full of hypocrites so we shouldn't be that surprised.

4142960 Well I wouldn't generalize the same people who despise Spilight romance are essentially the same who approve of what you just mentioned. Also, Twilight's whole family are essentially one-dimensional characters within the show who've had relatively few appearances and people just consider them shameless crack fics anyway, so that could be part of the reason. Spike and Twilight's relationship is comparatively more explored in the show thus it means more to people.

I wouldn't call it incestuous, no. It might be considered a bit odd from the perspective of their roles as mother/sister and son/brother, but it's not incest. They have no blood relation (probably), so yeah, Spilight is fine. The only real barrier for the relationship is how Twi and Spike feel about it.

4142913 eeyup your right in every corner good Sir

4142913 I'm with you

In my opinion Spike is Twilight's;

1. Best friend
Do I even need to exlpain this? Where is it written that you can't go out with your best friend?

2. Assistant
Is that really what Spike means to Twilight? Assistants work for money or duty. Spike is more than her one and only personal assistant . He knows her very well. He genially cares for her. He can leave whenever he wants but chooses not to. When will they start to go deeper into their relationship?

3. Partner
The pair make quite an effective team.

4. Family
Some Spilight haters are against this ship because they believe this is faolcon and not the good kind. WTF!? Spike is 5 F(bleep)en years younger than Twilight minimum. HE is A teenager! Hasbro or whoever is in charge of Spikes character needs to make changes.
Further more it is not incest, they are not blood related! Its not like she was ever breastfeeding him. How could a 5 year old take care of a baby let alone a baby dragon. Like she said in Dragon Quest, ponies don't know jack sh(bleep) about dragons.

5. Therapy pet
Spike is the glue that keeps Twilight together... and from going bat-shit crazy apparently.
In Owls Well That Ends Well, Spike was super jealous of Twilight's attention towards an owl, an owl. In the new episode Simple Ways, Spike was cool with Rarity trying to hook up with Tenderhoof like no big deal. To me this shows he values Twilight so much more than Rarity since he is willing to frame an owl for murder. Let us hope we get some Spilight in future episodes.

4142913 I personally just see them as really close friends.

4142913 agree.What i find annoying?The writers that love write mother/son or big sister/little brother relationship stories here.I know that there's Spike and Twilight, but the name of this group is "Spilight" ,if they really want to show their family relationship stories between Twilight and Spike ,they can easily go on the "Twilight AND Spike" group.Because "Spilight" doesn't mean Twilight AND Spike ,but Twilight X Spike

people think Twilight is spike's mom just because she hatched his egg. to me that's just the equivalent of a doctor delivering a baby.
and she wouldn't have been able to do it if Rainbow dash didn't do a sonic rainboom, I mean what does that make rainbow dash his mom too.:rainbowhuh:

also how much better would equestria girls been if spike also turned human and got together with twilight.

And first to all . How Twilight could be his mother , if she was a filly when she opened his egg ?And it was just a test after all :unsuresweetie:,some anti-spilight people have to understand this.For me Spike's "mother" is Celestia,she watched over him and made him learn how to be Twilight's assistant.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14