Humans Aren't Bastards 4,068 members · 211 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

I'm putting together an RP and looking for people who are interested. You will need Discord as this is where the rp will take place. We will operate in Pacific Standard time. If you are accepted, I'll PM you a link.

Lore: In Canterlot there are a hand full of families that fuel the economy of the city and several important locations in Equestria. The Golden Leaf family holds a huge stake in the alchemy industry. Almost every pharmaceutical in Equestria has a potion with a Golden Leaf brand name on it. The Grand Galloping Gala is fast approaching fast and will be hosted by the Golden Leaf estate. It is a momentous occasion, however, the head of the household and his wife disappeared months ago and have been missing ever since, a secret which the members of the estate make sure does not get out. With Gala only days away, rumors of an absent head are beginning to spread. If word gets out or if the head of the estate is not found, the vultures will descend onto the family.
If you are interested, fill out the following Character sheet:

Please remove all text in parentheses before applying.
* = Only fill these out if applying for a Sibling.

NAME:

APPEARANCE:
(A picture, drawing, or description will work.)

ROLE:
(This is the part your character is applying for. Sibling, Maid, etc.)

PERSONALITY:
(Should be at least a paragraph.)

HISTORY/BIO:
(At least a paragraph.)

*UNIQUE MAGIC:
(All Golden Leaves are born with unique magical powers; No two are the same. This is more of a...specialization point of the magic they use. Example; any unicorn can summon a fireball, but only a Golden Leaf can make a cutesy looking pink one that freezes instead of burning. Or, it can be magic no on else has learned yet; like...summoning frogs that explode on impact.)

MAGIC:
(Just a description of the powers your character holds. If you are not a sibling, you aren't required to have this. Can be the same as what others have.)

TALISMAN:
(The thing needed to use your magic. Doesn't need to be a wand, but it needs to be something you can put on your person.)

FAVORITE PART OF THE ESTATE:
(The Golden Leaf Estate is massive, with plenty of things to do. From reading in the library to strolling in the garden, everyone has a favorite place to go in the Estate. Where's yours and why? You can pretty much just make a place up; the Estate is literally that large, and with a world filled with magic, almost anything is possible.)

(The simple and magical communities know of the Golden Leaves; buthowdoes the public know you as? A no good troublemaker? A saint? Or does the simple community vilify you and the magical one celebrate you?)

TRIVIA/OTHER:
(Fun facts about your character or just anything else you'd like us to know.)

THEME(S):
(Not required, but encouraged.)

SAMPLE RP:
(Before I can make my decision, I need to see your RPing skills. Please put at least a paragraph of any scenario your character would be in and show me how you write. This is perhaps the most important part of the process.)

-NOTE-

This sheet is liable to be changed and added on to at any point. If that happens, I will notify those who have applied to adjust their applications accordingly.​

PST standard time AND a prompt that sounds like it will actually be completed? Hell yeah! If I'm not accepted, I'm going to modify it until I am, so just let me know what needs changing and I'll make it so!

Name: Astral Sky

Appearance: Light blue Unicorn with dark blue highlights, mane, and tail. Cutie mark of a hollow blue sun

Role: Sibling

Personality: A social recluse due mostly to her schedule of activities taking place mostly at night to "be one with the cosmos". She finds comfort in the quiet night, and often feels unsafe in areas without a clear view of the sky; as such, when expected to go to events, she often stays in the gardens or by the windows. Her reclusion is partially due to this obsession-like need to be able to see the sky. As she grew, she had many obsessions similar to the need she has, but never to the same level.

History/Bio: She has always had the need to see the sky, but her need was never as intense as it is now back when she was a foal. Her need, while it had slowly grown, was minimal, and often not required to stay comfortable, until she received her cutie mark. It was after this that began her obsessive need to be in view of the sky, to always need to be able to look up and see. Only a month after receiving her cutie mark, she began working on developing her unique magic, almost becoming her sole focus for several years, having gone outside of the city several times to practice large-scale tests. Once satisfied, she began work on her other magics, putting almost as much of an obsession on them as she did with the others. As her obsession grew, so did the distance between herself and everyone else, putting her in the place she is today.

Unique Magic: Pulsar; can call down a beam from the heavens to blast away things in front of them similarly to a glassing beam. Note: This ability is limited to certain times and dates due to specific stars requiring to be within certain areas, so no spamming this. She has every date and time memorized upwards of a year in advance of any given time.

Magic: Skill with most cosmic magic: high level telekinesis and moderate level flames are the most common ones used, other types of magic are all low level spells.

Talisman: A small necklace with the Golden Leaf crest

Favorite part of the estate: A room off to one side of the estate with a glass dome over top, the room's sides are filled with books; it is a smaller, less used library focused on weather, time, and the seasons.

Reputation: A social recluse due mostly to her schedule of activities taking place mostly at night to "be one with the cosmos". During the daytime when she is awake, the city considers her to be nice enough, but if it wasn't for her family, not worth their time.

Trivia/Other: I've had the idea for this for a long time, but could never get around to using it.

Themes: Space?

Sample RP: Astral Sky sat peacefully in her favorite room in the estate. There wasn't a single other place in the whole city with a better view than this one; in fact, she would argue, the only better view than this, would be being a Pegasus and flying around. As Astral continued her star-watching, her mind wandered among the magnitude of possibilities that could have occurred to her, but didn't, and are impossible to make happen now. What if she was born a Pegasus? What if she was born somewhere other than where she was? What if she could be in a closet and not get a panic attack? Every last thought, scenario, and possibility raced through her head as her eyelids began to droop. She let out a soft yawn and curled up, still looking out into the infinite abyss of space. If she were almost anypony else, the thought of being so small and insignificant would have terrified her... but it brought her comfort instead; it brought her comfort because she knew the chances. One in a billion billion billion billion to exist... such an astronomically ridiculous chance... and she was that one to exist in the billions upon uncountable billions to not; and that brought her comfort as she drifted off to sleep.

I'm interested but I'd like to know first know how scheduling will work. Will this be a regular once a week thing or planned dates agreed by everyone... How will it work exactly?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3