Proof-reading, Pre-Reading And Editing 960 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

Hello Authors!

I'm Crescent Sonata, aspiring author myself and fairly experienced in proofreading, pre-reading, and editing. Like I said, I'm fairly experienced in this kind of thing, but I have yet to be requested by an author on FIMFiction.
Tags: Adventure, Dark, Tragedy, Crossover, Romance, basically anything EXCEPT for clop and really intense/heavy gore. So please don't request me to read those, I won't except them. I'm also not a huge fan of Human fanfics, but I will make exceptions.
Just send me a PM if you'd like my help for your story.

If you would like me to review your story, please follow these Instructions:
1. Read the general rules on the front page.
2: Read the rules that I have set. If I don't want a specific tag, please don't request my review of your story, I probably won't except.
2.5: Read all of them. Don’t be lazy.
3. Fill out this form about your story:
Title:
Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag):
General Summary/Description:
Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work:
Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional, but appreciated):
Other important information:
Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer:
4. I have one week to accept your story. Please understand that I am a person too, and may not accept your request as soon as you post it. If I fail to accept your request after one week, and you are sure you fit into my rules, then report the instance to the admins.
5. After I have successfully reviewed your story, then be sure to mark your post as completed in some form of noticeable lettering. It helps everyone see that I am doing my job.
6. If any problems arise that you and I can’t solve together, contact the admins and they'll help you.

Thank you for considering me as your proofreader/pre-reader/editor, and I hope to work with you soon!

Title: Foalsitting Blues

Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag): Slice of Life, Comedy

General Summary/Description: Princess Mi Amora Cadenza has to go foalsitting and she doesn’t like it. (This is a one-shot.)

I guess I’m a little perplexed on what you’re asking here. This is my first time uploading a story to this site. Am I supposed to give you the password for the unpublished chapter? Do you think we could chat over PM about that?

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional, but appreciated):

Alrighty, I would love for you to tell me if this story would work better in first person rather than third person (where it is now). Also, scanning for grammar errors is always hugely appreciated. It shouldn’t be too bad but there are always those small little guys that get away from you.

To finish off, I just want your opinion on it. What do you think? I guess I’m looking for more of a Pre-reader paradigm here. But I just want any sort of feedback you can give me.

Thank you so much!

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer:

Let’s do this over Private messages whenever you get the chance.

4. I have one week to accept your story. Please understand that I am a person too, and may not accept your request as soon as you post it. If I fail to accept your request after one week, and you are sure you fit into my rules, then report the instance to the admins.

(Hey don’t worry. I understand we all have busy schedules, just let me know in case I didn’t follow something!)

5. After I have successfully reviewed your story, then be sure to mark your post as completed in some form of noticeable lettering. It helps everyone see that I am doing my job.

(You got it!)

6. If any problems arise that you and I can’t solve together, contact the admins and they'll help you.

(Roger that.)

I would love to review your story! I'll send you a PM with more detail on the subject. :raritywink:

Title: A Device for Divine
Tags: Dark, Adventure, Gore (but only a bit)
Summary: In a remote village, ponies begin to disappear. Celestia answers by sending Twilight (non-alicorn) and Fluttershy to investigate, but the real problems start when Fluttershy goes missing, too.
Specific things I want the prereader to focus: Comma misuse, purple prose, spacing

Please PM me if you accept this story and I will send you the link to gdocks. I'm trying to get this one through in EqD so I need all the help I can get.

I'd love to review your story! And yes, I'll PM you about it :twilightsmile:

Title: The Rising of the Brothers of Light and Dark

Tags: Romance, Sad, Adventure, Alternate Universe

General Summary/Description: Power corrupts. And absolute power corrupts absolutely yet for two brothers, their rule as kings has done anything but corrupt them. Wanting only to help those in need, the benevolent duo watch over the Crystal Kingdom in an age of light. But darkness still exists and these two brothers now face the threat of corruption they swore never to fall to. This darkness comes not from within themselves but from within one whom they trusted with their lives, their kingdom and the future of all Equestria...

Other important information: I need a good look over for grammar and misspellings. My fic is on google docs and fimfic.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Personal message here on fimfic and comments on google docs.

Title: The Strange New Pony in Town

Tags: Sad (for now)

General Summary/Description: After a scroll regarding a mysterious stranger arrives in Mayor Mare's mailbox, a new resident moves in to Ponyville. What makes this new stallion in town so mysterious is not so much his manner but his lack of a cutie mark. But perhaps the lack of a message... is a message in itself?

Other important information: I need a good look over for grammar and misspellings. My fic is on google docs and fimfic.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Personal message here on fimfic and comments on google docs.

I'd be happy to review your story! :twilightsmile: I'll send you a PM.

Title: New Beginnings

Tags: Crossover, Adventure, Alternate Universe (for now)

General Summery/Description: The young Blitzle, Wild Heart, finds himself in a strange land while fleeing for his life. Equestria is unlike anything he's ever seen, but his new friends, one of them a former pokemon himself, are with him every step of the way.
Danger is just around the corner though, as Wild Heart did not come alone...

Other important information: I need a good look over for grammar and misspellings. Any advise and/or ideas is greatly welcomed. My fic is on google docs and fimfic.

I'd be happy to review your story. :twilightsmile: I'll send you a PM.

Title: The Kuros Empire

Tags: romance, dark, comedy, alternate universe, adventure.

General summary: Twilight Sparkle and her friends are sent as emmisaries to the Kuros Empire, but find themselves in the middle of a complot to overthrow the Kuros King and conquer both Krussia and Equestria.

Other important information: I'd like some help with spelling mistakes and grammar, and some help with the storyline.

Title: An Angel, A Demon and A Gentleman

Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag): Romance, Comedy, Adventure, Human

General Summary/Description: I die and end up in the A New Home universe. I get tasked with defending the main character Toby Mason with his mother and the mane 6 from his dad and a villain from the show once thought defeated(want to avoid spoilers)

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: First time writer. I prefer to use MS Word but I'm willing to use Google Docs. Not really good at pacing or describing things

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional, but appreciated): Mainly pacing

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: PMing would be nice

Title: The Renegades

Tags: Dark, Crossover, Adventure, Alternate Universe, Human

General Summery/Description: A Marvel X DC X MLP crossover. It's very Nolanish without any ties to mainstream Marvel X DC comics.

Set in a world where humans and ponies have long coexisted since the beginning of time. Eight years had passed since the end World War II and the rebirth of the United States of America in the heart of a soaring economical boom. However tensions soon escalated to an all-time high as societal rifts between the humans and the ponies had progressively worsened after years of combating racism and social inequality. Then one fateful day on January 25th 1953, it all came to a boil when a lone unicorn infiltrated the White House in a foiled attempt to assassinate the President.

This in turn triggered a chain reaction of anti-pony measures by the U.S. Government and its people. In the wake of this tragedy and the immanent threat of an all-out war with Equestria, the government passed the controversial Pony Registration Act, compelling every pony on American soil to be registered by law, subjected to federally mandated standards and relocated to internment camps nationwide. Now stripped of their freedom and denied their constitutional rights, ponies everywhere were either apprehended against their will or inevitably left to fend for themselves against the mounting violence of anti-pony extremists.

But even in the midst of this chaos, ten unlikely heroes will rise to fight the injustice of a now fascist America, even if it meant becoming outlaws themselves.

Other important information: I need a good look over for grammar and misspellings, mostly input on the story itself. You don't have to be a Marvel or DC fan.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: PM me on Fimfic.

Title: Progress

Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag): adventure, dark

General Summary/Description: When Celestia sends out operatives of the elusive (and aptly named) covert guard to uncover truth behind rumors of dissent a game is sparked that the Sun God herself never saw coming. The mysterious Mr. Sparrow delivers truth to the masses. The fate of Equestria seems to lie in the hooves of the dispossessed veteran of the covert guard, Sapphire Bolt. Will she listen to the whispers of the sparrow or hold to her loyalties or give in to darker ambitions?

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work:.I almost considered adding an alternate universe tag to this story, but that doesn't really fit. It's more alternate history. Essentially history as the ponies of Equestria know it is actually a complex lie. The story is set in the universe we know.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional, but appreciated): I feel fairly confident in my grammar and whatnot, but I'm worried that I might not be weaving the best, believable plot. Help in that regard is appreciated

Other important information: I've tried to avoid putting in characters that appear in the show. Maybe they'll have brief appearances later on, but in my experience most people aren't great at writing pre-established characters in-character. Whenever I read stories, be it from this or other fandoms, I come to a point where I think "Character X wouldn't say that, or behave like that" and I think I'm susceptible to this fault.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Preferably a PM.

Thank you for your consideration.

I am so sorry I didn't get back to you before a week! I will PM you right now and we can talk about your story.:facehoof:

I will PM you all as well. So sorry it took me so long to notice you posted here.:twilightoops:

Comment posted by Workard deleted Dec 27th, 2013

Hello. I appreciate all your hard work to help people out, and I am one of the people that need help. I've written a story, and though I'm fairly secure in my english, I am aware there is a bunch of grammatical errors, and I feel bad reading and posting a story that is badly written, so I hope you'll accept my story. My only concern is that it involves very violent scenes. It is not written to be violent, but the way I have written the stories, opens possibilities to some very twisted scenes. It is not a toture story, but it can be quite gruesome. I really hope you can work with that. Here is the information you required:

Title: The Sulreif Demigod

Tags: (Official tags) Dark, tragedy. (Personal tags) Violence, drama.

General Summary/Description: Pinkies father has for unknown reasons been hospitalized, sending Pinkie into an depression, giving her a major new interest - reading poems. She can relate to the dark words written on paper. One of her favorite authors, makes her wonder if she actually ever met that pony. While she struggles to get trough life, she falls upon a book that may help her, save her father. Twilight warns her about the danger of the books descriptions. But Pinkie is desperate and goes to find the amazing power she read about. After finding the were the power is located, she quickly finds out that she is unable to control the god-like powers, and soon it all gets out of control.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional, but appreciated): Any mistakes regarding commas and similar grammatic errors. Since english is not my first language, there probably will also be sentences that wont make much sense. I hope you can help me with that. Opinions on the story are welcome, but not requested.

Other important information: It's not a really long story, but neither is it short. It contains about 26.000 words.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Any of these are fine with me: PM on Fimfiction, Skype or Facebook.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Have a nice day! :)

- Workard

1990348 Hey I hope I'm not bothering you with asking if you could help me out with my story I haven't written anything in a long time.

Title: The love of a family

Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag): Romance, Slice of Life

General Summary/Description: Twilight and Rainbow Dash get into an argument which leads Twilight too say things she wishes she could take back. When she goes to look for Rainbow Dash too apologize she accidentally casts a spell that will change her life.

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: Well this is a Twidash story and this is the first time I'm uploading a story to this site and like I said I haven't written anything this serious in years so it's probably going to have mistakes.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional, but appreciated): I just want some help with grammar,spelling errors, and also I think my pacing is really horrible so I would like some help with that if it's not too much trouble,

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Fimfiction PMing would be okay with me as I normal check here at least once a day.

Comment posted by Secrios deleted Jan 2nd, 2014

Title: life from death
Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag): crossover,dark
General Summary/Description: the history of the planet eqius. how the ponies evolved. why celestia and Luna control the sun and moon.
Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: having knowledge of warhammer 40k and starcraft would be nice but its not needed. nothing from them is mentioned exclusively.
Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional, but appreciated): just be sure yo bring you're imagination. :twilightsheepish:
Other important information: eh not really
Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: just message me. im new to this sight but i think i can mail it to you. but i may need help. or PM me
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/156670/1/life-from-death/the-beginning

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you all. I will PM you personally, and see what I can do about your stories. :twilightsmile:

Comment posted by Deep deleted Jan 11th, 2014

Title: The Filly Who Hated Cutie Marks (Temporary title. Going to change this.)

Tags: Slice of Life

General Summary/Description: The story's a one-shot examining a filly named Orange Picker who DOESN'T want to get her cutie mark and considers them a bad thing (in contrast to every other pony in Equestria).

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: Like I said this is a one-shot, but I'm going to be adding scenes to it as separate chapters, and then combine them in the end into one. It just feels easier this way. (And also if I feel it's too big for a one-shot then I already got them as separate chapters.)

Also, password is 112008

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on: What I want is a pre-reader I guess? Someone who can tell me if the story makes sense, isn't too slow, has actual characters, isn't written like garbage, won't be down voted into oblivion, etc. There's also some scene specific things I want help on.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Just PM me

Also, when you talk about your rules you mean the first paragraph in your post right?

Thanks in advance and for taking the time to consider me!

Title: Twilight Sparkle and the School of Magic

Tags: Comedy, Crossover, Adventure, Human

General Summary/Description:Twilight Sparkle thought her life couldn't get any better. That is, until she receives a letter from the Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Albus Dumbledore!
(Harry Potter/My Little Pony Crossover)

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: You may need the password, but I'm not sure. PM me if you do so that I can give it to you.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional, but appreciated): There's only one chapter, and that's the Prologue. I really just need a second set of eyes going over it, in case I missed something.

Other important information: If you're confused about the time setting, it should be in the Author's Notes at the bottom.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: PM's? I'm new to FimFiction and don't know how everything works quite yet. :twilightsheepish:

Thanks in advance!

I'm sorry, but I'm taking a break from editing for now. I just have too much to do, and I'll be locking my thread for now. I hope you can find someone else to help with your stories, and good luck.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22