Proof-reading, Pre-Reading And Editing 960 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 57 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 57

Title: The Story of Toutlemonde

Tags: Adventure, Cross-over (additional tags Sci-fi, History)

General Summary: In the present day, Equestria has forgotten what had made it, years before Discord's uprising. Now, from a prompt as small as an old hat found in a barn, A grizzled old historian retells the story in full, about when the world was an insult and a musket-shot away from a full blown war.

Main idea being a story about Equestria having the same kind of technology by 18th-early 19th century Europe, that and the main character being loosely based on the French emperor Napoleon Bonaparte is why It's a cross-over.

Information reviewer needs in order to review your work: It is my first fan-fic, but I don't think that should mean changing your opinion on it.
Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional): What I really would like is a bit of proof-reading/prereading, I'm not 100% sure I've punctuated correctly, but overall would like a review of the story/idea itself, like if it isn't that interesting or something.

Other important information: I've only so far made the beginning 2 chapters-once/if I've got the go ahead, I'll post more.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: PM's would be awesome, I don't mind e-mails, though, if you PM me first about it.

I can't think of anything else to add at the mo, thanks for the proof-reading oppertunity!

I'm a little backed up with other stories at the moment. I'll check out your chapters and send you a message within a few days.

Hello. I appreciate all your hard work to help people out, and I am one of the people that need help. I hope you're avaible at the moment, since I'm kinda stuck finding proof-readers. I've written a story, and though I'm fairly secure in my english, I am aware there is a bunch of grammatical errors, and I feel bad reading and posting a story that is badly written, so I hope you'll accept my story. My only concern is that it involves very violent scenes. It is not written to be violent, but the way I have written the stories, opens possibilities to some very twisted scenes. It is not a toture story, but it can be quite gruesome. I really hope you can work with that. Here is the information required:

Title: The Sulreif Demigod

Tags: (Official tags) Dark, tragedy. (Personal tags) Violence, drama.

General Summary/Description: Pinkies father has for unknown reasons been hospitalized, sending Pinkie into an depression, giving her a major new interest - reading poems. She can relate to the dark words written on paper. One of her favorite authors, makes her wonder if she actually ever met that pony. While she struggles to get trough life, she falls upon a book that may help her, save her father. Twilight warns her about the danger of the books descriptions. But Pinkie is desperate and goes to find the amazing power she read about. After finding the were the power is located, she quickly finds out that she is unable to control the god-like powers, and soon it all gets out of control.

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work:

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional, but appreciated): Any mistakes regarding commas and similar grammatic errors. Since english is not my first language, there probably will also be sentences that wont make much sense. I hope you can help me with that. Opinions on the story are welcome, but not requested.

Other important information: It's not a really long story, but neither is it short. It contains about 26.000 words.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Any of these are fine with me: PM on Fimfiction, Skype or Facebook.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Have a nice day! :)

- Workard

Comment posted by Secrios deleted Jan 5th, 2014

I havetwo stories you can choice from, please choice the one you are most interested to work with.

Story1:
Title: "Ponyville's Tiny Librarian"

Tags: Adventure, Alternative Universe, (Maybe Comedy as well, I am still unsure about this one).

General Summary/Description: Twilight Sparkle was a nineteen year old mare, the most powerful unicorn in Equestria, and a one kilogram heavy pony the size of a large rat. She had been shrunk by Princess Celestia herself during the entrance exam for Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns in order to ensure that her raw power would not be a danger to other ponies and the environment around her.

It has been thirteen years since Princess Celestia took Twilight as her personal student, thirteen years full of hard training and life-threatening experiences in a world of giants; thirteen years of hardship and joy, adventures and learning, as Twilight became very strong in order to survive.

Now tiny size Twilight is finally going to Ponyville to overseen preparations for ‘Summer Sun Celebrations’. How well will this mini size unicorn fare in Ponyville? How will other element bearers react to her? Will they still become her friends? How will Nightmare Moon react to the tiny mare? Is Twiny prepared to face Ponyville, and more importantly, is Ponyville prepared for her?

This story is a sequel to "Celestia's Tiny Student," and it has not been uploaded yet. The assistance I need is "pre-reading" of prologue and half of chapter 1 and proof-reading the other half of chapter 1 and as many chapters you are willing to assist with. The sequel is very long and I would not expect you to go over every single chapter, so as much as you are willing to proof-read for me is welcome.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: PM on Fimfiction or Skype. (PM me if you are interested in assisting and I will send skype address).

Story2:
Title: My Little Gatling

Tags: Comedy, Random

It has been half a year since Twilight was crowned as Princess of Equestria, half a year since she and her friends had given up the Elements to save the Tree of Harmony.

Now Canterlot is under siege by an alliance of Griffins, Changelings, and Dragons who are determined to end Equestria once and for all. With the elements no longer available, the safely of Equestria lies on Pinkie Pie and Discord… and the next generation of princesses gatling guns.

Will Discord and Pinkie save the day? Will Celestia, Luna, Cadence and Twilight have enough fire power to repel the invaders? Only time will tell.

This is one shot story and I already uploaded it on fanfiction.net link.

However even with editing assistance it still had some mistakes what my viewers point out. The assistance I need is a proof-reading; advices where and how to improve this story and also hunting for remaining mistakes, or at the very least pre-reading assistance with advices how to improve my story alongside with suggestions how to make it better, more funny and what parts of it should be changed or deleted.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: PM on Fimfiction or Skype.

I am unsure do you have time to assist me, but if you do, please choice the story you would prefer to work with. Thank you for your time.

899084 Title: My Little Steampunk: Victorian is Magic

Tags: Adventure, Alternate Universe

General Summary/Description: " Listen, to the accounts of the Great Celestial War, of how
the Solar Empire and the New Lunar Republic came into being, and of the fateful tale of one prophetic unicorn who arises to power to restore harmony to the broken Equestria. It is a story shrouded in mystery and chaos. None who hear it walk away unchanged."

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional): I really just want to know if I missed anything in editing, and if the story sounds any good.

Other important information:

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: PMing

I'm a bit bogged down working on four other stories at the moment. So I can't take this one. Sorry.

2694383 It's okay! I understand. :twilightsmile:

Comment posted by IceQB deleted Feb 1st, 2014
Comment posted by IceQB deleted Feb 1st, 2014

2694383 Hello o.o you free? I've got a story needing to be edited and stuff in the near future.

Title: All You Need Is a Little Compassion

Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag): SoL

General Summary/Description: Rainbow Dash finds a metal bear as a pet.

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: It's a WIP, currently at 5k words and 3 chapters. I plan to wrap this up in a few more chapters.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional): The cuteness level of the story itself.

Other important information: This happens before the show. Before Twilight is in town. Also, Luminary, y you busy.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Skype is nice. Skyyyyyyyypeee.

I'm not currently taking stories. I'm helping with four others currently and am very bogged down between those and other professional and semi-professional projects. In addition, this one's premise seems a bit strange for my tastes :derpyderp2: I apologize.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 57