Proof-reading, Pre-Reading And Editing 960 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Hydkore
Group Admin

Hello everyone, Hydkore here and ... it’s been awhile; I’ve been pretty much inactive here for the past few months. If I could, I’d just blame life and overall business due to my studies... but the brutal truth is that we have just been procrastinating in our sad corners. Yes, that was plural, as this also goes for Master Lyra, my friend and co-host, and we’ve pretty much left this truck of a group unattended and heading straight off a cliff. Though, a few of our first mates have managed to keep things from falling apart even in a such unorganized environment.

But now we're back, and few changes will be occurring.

List of upcoming changes

— We’re abandoning the current single request thread and instead forming separate thread for each of the major tags and clop; this mainly allows the staff to easily find the stories they prefer to do, therefore (in theory) eliminating the chance for request to go unnoticed.

Q: But what if my story has multiple tags?

You’ll post the story underneath the tag you think has the highest value. If you have, say Adventure and Comedy and both are equally important, you’ll post the request on the thread with least message and only once! Multiple thread posting is not allowed.

Q: Hey! My story still went unnoticed!

If your story indeed isn’t noted by anyone, you’re allowed to re-post your request after waiting for seven days. But you also have to remember that everything here relies on a voluntary activity. If no one finds your cool story idea about an overpowered OC Gary-Stu fuckmachine who fucks Celestia in daytimes and Luna on nights, the problem might just lay on something else than just people’s general unwillingness.

—Reforming the current staff list; in short, removing every non-active member from the list. Every active reviewer needs to list themselves in a thread either Lyra or me will be posting around same time as this one; technically our policy has been that anyone can reply to a request and take on the task but having some form of member list would help in management and allowing us to list the reviewers underneath the respective tag-threads.

—Generally trying to make the gears roll once again and raising general awareness about this group’s existence.

Q: Great! Can I help in anything?

Most useful thing you can do is just spreading the word around and if you feel like you’re up for it, maybe offering your own services, let is be editing, proof- or pre-reading. Remember, everything here is based around voluntary work of you people.

Me and Master Lyra will begin to work on these changes within the few following days. do voice your opinions if you feel like we’ve forgotten anything and you feel like it needs to be addressed. For now we suggest you people wait until we can get everything set up before asking for help, as the main thread will be deleted as soon as possible (we do apologize for any inconsistencies this action may cause).

Until next time,

Hydkore and Master Lyra.

I like this. I've been considering trying to help someone but unfortunately, I forget I'm part of this group since I don't get notifications of thread postings from it. I'm sorry :applecry:
If requests are done by posting threads, I'll be a lot more likely to notice.

I'm not sure if that particularly addresses the problem. All it means is that there are far more threads to go through.

If requests are done by posting threads, I'll be a lot more likely to notice.

Yeah. This is the problem. There's no notification of when someone does post in the request thread. I don't think it's that requests are getting buried. It's that nobody remembers to check.

You have to dig into this group, then forum, then that thread manually, just to check to see if there have been updates.

It might be messy to have a new post for every request. But everyone that's part of the group will get notification when one is created, and attention will be drawn.

Unless there's some sort of thread-update notifier thingy, I don't know about?

Comment! also, bout time!

There's notifications for every time a new thread is posted to the forum as long as you have that option activated in your settings. To my knowledge there's not a notification for each time a particular thread is updated.

Hydkore
Group Admin

800679>>802306
We addressed this issue on the latest thread. Check it out :ajsmug:

Master Lyra
Group Admin

Problem solved. Check out the new applications thread.

Master Lyra
Group Admin

Problem solved. Check out the new applications thread.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8