The Lunaverse 2,571 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

Hey, everyone. These stories inspired me to join tumblr and do some analysis. You can find it here:http://rickdemocracy.tumblr.com/

Blackbelt
Group Contributor

Neat dood. I wanna see more. And honestly, feel free to review the stories themselves if you want, I'd like that anyway.

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

1064027>>1064035 Thirded. Good stuff, here.

InsertAuthorHere
Group Admin

At last, somebody of intelligence will be taking the analytical reins of this little universe. I can just go back to being a grumpy old man who keeps pointing out how you youngins are doin' it wrong.

But first, back to vacation...

(By the way, nice job.)

vazak
Group Contributor

A very interesting analysis, while I don't agree with everything said, it certainly made some excellent observations.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I admit I kind of jumped the gun because I'm still on "Ill Communication" but I wanted to get my thoughts down as they happen. Expect an analysis on Lyra soon.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Interesting analysis, but I do have one little problem...Luna wasn't in any way in a "teenager" mindset when she banished Celestia. Both of them are ancient, on the order of tens of thousands of years.

More analysis is always interesting to me. :pinkiehappy:

La Vallett1
Group Contributor
Lev the Lurker
Group Contributor

Hmm, very interesting article; kinda waiting for him to get to that government body which shall not be named.
I think he meant "younger with something to prove" but I agree not really the right word choice.

But on the other hand, who ever said that tens of thousands of years isn't teenaged for an alicorn? Relatively speaking, the alicorn sisters could be in the "teenage" phase of life and have many, many years ahead of them. A thousand years might be equivalent to a week, thus making the banishment a grounding.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Well, we have Cadance to serve as an example. Cadance was "born" as a slightly-more-mature-than-normal foal (she stood and was able to walk within a few minutes, when normally it takes an hour or two, but Luna specifically comments that she's about the right size for a newborn pony foal), and was physically and mentally an adult by age 20, though it's possible she reached physical maturity sooner. Then for the next 980 years, her physical body hasn't aged a day, while her mental faculties and powers have only matured.

I've said it before: Celestia is stronger than Luna because she's just stronger than Luna. It's got nothing to do with their age, since I view Celestia as being something like 40,000 and Luna as being something like 39,996. Four years of age difference over the course of forty thousand isn't going to make much of a difference.

Lev the Lurker
Group Contributor

They both had their "mid-life crisis" moments at about the same time. Celestia's was just bad enough to snap Luna out of hers.

vazak
Group Contributor

1066802>>1066918
Technically Faust has been quoted saying Celestia is the only fully grown Alicorn and that Luna is still teenage I think. But then she's not really a writer for the show anymore and i'm not necessarily sure the idea of Luna being a teenager work in the L!verse. Sorry for butting in. :twilightblush:

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

1066918 I like to think that Luna was, for all those years, stuck in the mentality that she was the 'younger sister' and that, subconciously at least, it affected her development so she always felt younger than Celestia.

Fizzy Orange
Group Admin

1063987 Thanks for the work you've put in this! :pinkiehappy:

1069278 Really? Huh. That's what I assumed, but I'd like to see it confirmed.

1072323it is definitely made clear in the guidebook that she is the younger sister and always felt outshined and in her shadow. Imagine how it changed her having to suddenly be in charge... Of everything.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20