Humanized Ponies! 3,473 members · 5,606 stories
Comments ( 43 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 43

What's your favorite interpretation of humanized ponies?

Full on human, no magic, wings, or anything ala Equestria Girls?

Or human with magic, wings, and fantasy as per usual cannon?

I'm a major fan of the latter, as I used to be a fan of anthro stories, but then I started realizing a humanized version is kinda less confusing...............

Also it allows for more interesting take on the lore of the show. Like a personal head cannon for me is that cutie marks are actually special runes that represent a person's passions/affinities or talents, specially crafted once someone realizes what these are instead of magically appearing.

"I'm a major fan of the latter"
and for that I give you this:

Comment posted by Captain Lunar deleted Jan 3rd, 2014

2520297 Not a fan of the horns on humans though............ I always like humanized unicorns to be like mages or wizards, using magic with their hands or some such like snapping their fingers or something, with the pegasi being the only species that has any readily visible differences.

2520278 I like the second, and I have my own headcanon as to how unicorns cast magic, but don't have horns. They have ears though.

It's never been super-important to me how the ponies look or what features they have when they get humanized or... anthro-nized.

:facehoof: That's not a word!

Shut up, who asked you, Sparkle? >.>

I was weirded out at first by the EQG designs but over time I grew accustomed to them as well. Even humans with features like wings and horns can work so long as you do it right, and like you said it allows for some really interesting interpretations of MLP lore, mythology and world-building. So long as you can hold the characters true to themselves it doesn't matter what their 'physical' forms look like, they'll still be the characters we know and love in the end.

:twilightsmile: Aww, that's sweet of you.

...Y-you're welcome. x.X

2520344 The horn thing is just a personal taste for me. Not saying I won't read a comic or fic just because it has humanized unicorns portrayed with horns, just saying I kinda prefer the idea of them casting spells from their hands or something

2520278 No particular preference either way as long as they're cute, preferably with an anime-inspired design.

My personal favorite humanized interpretations of the characters, though? Mauroz's FiM comic, in all its fanservicey glory.

Normal looking people, with the main exception being that if they have powers, the Pegasus equivalent can summon and dismiss their wings at will.

*Pushes group invitation towards you.*
Equestrianize Humans
:twilightsmile:

:pinkiegasp:Oh, and one for you too.

*Pushes group invitation towards you.*
Equestrianize Humans
:twilightsheepish:

I like both really. They just have to be done right though, and need to work with the world that it's in. Though I mostly prefer the normal humans

I think its best when they are completely normal or when the pegasi have wings and the unicorns magic comes out of their hands or a wand. The skin color should be normal though... otherwise its kinda weird. That was one of the only things i didn't like about Equestria Girls. I know its stupid but the skin color pissed me off. Point is keep skin color normal even if they have wings and horns or not. For cutie mark it could be an insignia on all their clothes or they could have some imprint somewhere on their body. Not a tattoo but like a permanent stamp so it comes naturally like a cutie mark.

This has always been my favorite humanized look. Much of it has to do with the look of their bodies even if I find the fact that they still have their wings and horns a little distracting.

2520278 I like wings, but no horns for unicorns, just them having telekinesis with no horns. Also, they MUST look anime-esque. No exceptions. And nomad skin color. No purple or blue skin. *shudders*

Instead of a horn, why not a spiral-shaped nub in the middle of the forehead?

2520278 I, personally, prefer either humanized, with the wings still being present on the pegasi and alicorns, though I also don't mind if the two races don't have wings but some sort of contraption to fly instead

2522136 or, to get rid of the horn completely, have some sort of rune or symbol either on their foreheads (like where the horn would be) or somewhere else, just so that they are still distinguishable from the non-magic people/anthro-people

I like the wings and horns... unless it doesn't take place in Equestria.

I do prefer it when they are just normal humans - no wings, horns etc. but I will still always imagine them with their wild hair colours :)

What in the holy living world of FUCK is that first picture? God. Now I've seen bad fan art, and I mean BAAAAD fan art. But whoever made that needs to cut their own hands off. Jesus fucking Christ, They look like MEGAMAN RIPOFFS! Who the hell made THAT!? Good God....Now where's your example of the Equestria Girls type?

2531412 that first picture WAS the Equestrian Girls reference picture :ajbemused:

...... That looks shitty.... Was it any good? I never saw it.... :twilightblush:

2532540 nope, not mad, just been busy today, and I haven't seen it though from what I hear, some people think it's the best thing since sliced bread, others think it's horrible, from what I've heard of it, it doesn't seem good

I was under the impression that the main six (not fucking MANE for christ's sake!) were full grown adults. Like, mid twenties. Not HIGHSCHOOL students!

2534193 Meh, alternate universe. Doesn't mean a thing. After all Spike is turned into a dog, when logically it should be an iguana or some other form of reptile.

That movie is like the Xbox One. I look at it, and they don't give me a single reason to interact with it. :ajbemused:

2536207 I saw it and..................... Well it's not BAD per-se, just a number of plotholes and the fact that it has no bearing on the series one way or another :applejackunsure: Some pretty good songs, the animation is actually very good when it's in motion. Just that fact alone I'd recommend it.

Meh. Like I said, I just don't have a reason to watch it. :applejackunsure:

i like the way this artist does horns and wings, as projections.

Source plz for all us mobile users who can't right-click->search image

That's a larger sized image. I was hoping for artist information.

Comment posted by Mecha G deleted Jan 8th, 2014

2520278 I've always liked the idea of magic coursing throughout their whole bodies and the ability to cast magic with the flick of a wrist for unicorns, or tiny but powerful little wings on the ankles of pegasi (like the Greek God Hermes?).

2546667 the artist is fore-trekker, although he recently changed his name to Foreling.
http://foreling.deviantart.com

I honestly like plain humans better, but I'm fine with subtle horns and wings and such.

2521150 RETRACTION!

I know this thread is dead but I want to set the record straight that John Joseco is and forever will be my favorite humanized artist.

My friend,
I advise you to take deep breaths.
I also object to your remarks about bad fanart - the quality of fanart is a subjective view.

The Mane 6 in Equestria Girls: They're too human to be adorable little ponies, but not quite human enough to be pretty young women (although EG fanart is a different matter).

Much the same problem with “antrho”: They're too human to be adorable little ponies, but a semi-horse head isn't a recipe for a beautiful women! More then that, a semi-horse head on a human doesn't look right.

What it comes down to is this: Ponies are beautiful. Women are beautiful. But they're beautiful in different ways. And it's better to go with one or the other, then to go with some in-between that lacks the beauty of either.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 43