Humanized Ponies! 3,473 members · 5,605 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

This has been on my mind for quite some time. If we made the ponies human, what heritage would they have?

Does Dash have some French blood in her?
Do you think Twilight's ancestors came from Asia?
Is Applejack..... well lets face it, Applejack is an American mutt.

What are your thoughts?

5796448 It all depends on the artist who draws and perceives them as.

5796788 I agree with Applejack being something like that (maybe a bit of Scotish as well), but Rarity would most likely be mostly Swedish or Norwegian, as her parents speak in a Minnesota/Wisconsin accent and mannerism and that was the nationality that mostly settled in the area. Rarity 's own accent is mostly based off a New York debutante. Not sure about Rainbow

5796631 I agree with the assessment of Applejack, but I would say Rarity is Swedish or Norwegian, given her parent's Minnesota/Wisconsin accent and mannerism, and that Swedes and Norwegians were the groups that settled in the area, her own accent would likely be due to living in some place like the upper crust of New York City before Sweetie was born. As Pinkie, given her Amish-like family, and that the Amish are ethnically German (the term Pennslyvina Dutch is based off of the mispronunciation of the German word Deutch) Pinkie is mostly German. Not sure about Rainbow, Fluttershy or Twilight.

5796448 See above

Blonde hair and blue eyes are mutts these days eh?

Well honestly, I think all of us Americans are mutts. With a nation that has allowed others to join it's borders for more than two centuries, I can't help but think our genes have mingled enough that we share at least about three or four different nations within us (I myself hold around five). I'm basically saying that Applejack is a straight up American.

Oh, and to correct you, her eyes are green.

Twilight's Asian American
AJ's Murica as fuck
Dash is Italian american
Rarity is Jewish-american. Grandparents immigrated from Europe during....you know.
Fluttershy is Canadian
Pinkie....I dunno

Well I didn't make Dash Hispanic,....

5796448 they all German they fascist they normally use violent as a means to solve problems

I can totally picture Rainbow as a tiny, temperamental latina :rainbowdetermined2:

My humble opinion on this matter is that Applejack is from the southern states, Fluttershy is at least a quarter Welsh, Pinkie Pie is essentially German (as Foxhelm pointed out, her family resemble the Amish and the Amish are ethnically German), Rarity is half-British half-French, Rainbow Dash is Californian and Twilight Sparkle is half-English half-Asian.

I'm guessing that the Mane 6 would be Equestrians. Or Americans; Equestria seems to be the Pony-verse version of America.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18