Humanized Ponies! 3,472 members · 5,605 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

Who would be the oldest in the Mane 6? Please name order of oldest to youngest and age. Thanks!

1057346 Twilight, AJ, Rarity, Fluttershy, RD, Pinkie.

I usually think of them as the same year but here goes, from oldest to youngest

Applejack, Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash

Well Fluttershy did mention that she was a year older than Pinkie so I would assume that she's the oldest.

oldest too youngest:

Fluttershy :fluttershyouch: (oldest)
Rarity :raritystarry:
Applejack: :applejackunsure:
Rainbow Dash :rainbowdetermined2:
Twilight :twilightsmile:
Pinkie :pinkiehappy: (youngest)

Rarity, then Twilight and Aj would be the same age, Fluttershy, and RD and Pinkie would be the same age, bringing up the rear..

Honestly I've always wondered this, but all I know is Fluttershy is 1 year old than Pinkie.

Oldest to youngest.
Applejack. Rarity. Twilight. Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash. Pinkie pie.

Rarara
Epplejecks
Purplesmart
Yellowquiet
Ponko
Bluefast

Oldest to youngest:
Rarity
Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy (same year age, but were born in that order)
Pinkie Pie
Twilight

Reasons:
- Rarity not only acts much more mature and socially-conscious than the others, but she also owns a private property and runs her own business. That's not only a mark of maturity, but I'm sure there's some legal work too. I just don't see her admitting that she's the oldest.
- Applejack's the most cool headed and she definitely acts like the more mature, responsible adult in the group; plus I hold a head canon that the apple-centered family member was born in Spring.
- I assume Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are the same year age as they attended flight camp together, and prefer to see brash Dash as the older-sister figure to a younger, more vulnerable Fluttershy. Plus, if Fluttershy's weakness in flight could be explained by her being younger and thus less experienced.
- Pinkie Pie's age relative to Fluttershy is the only thing that's confirmed canon, as Fluttershy is stated to be one year older than Pinkie. That being said, Pinkie acts partly autonomous as she holds down a simple service-oriented position (pasty chef/confection clerk), yet she lives with her Aunt and Uncle and is given the task of babysitting the Cake twins. Plus she has problems with responsibility, partly due to her young age and the lack of responsibilities or consequences being given to her due to her age.
- Twilight, as advanced as her academic career is, is still a student as part of a continuing education, so she's bound to be on the younger side, especially if she's so bright that she advanced through the curriculum faster than her age entails. Furthermore, it's clear that she lacks much life experience, and that may be due to her young age (in addition to being isolated). She is mature and courteous due to her training in Canterlot, she knows of experiences from her books, and she has both property (no doubt arranged by Celestia) and a dependent assistant (also most likely assigned by Celestia), but at the end of the day she is still under Celestia's thumb and under the guidance and impression from her (older) friends. Plus, I think it just makes thematic sense: if the show is about a girl who's exploring life and adventure with the help of her friends, she'd need friends who are older and more experienced than her to teach her the lessons.

I never realized how deeply I thought into that topic. Hope it made sense.

Rarity (18)

Applejack (17)

Twilight (16)

Rainbow Dash (15)

Fluttershy (14)

Pinkie Pie (13)

I agree with that exept with Twi between Apple and Dashie.

And, SUPRISE!!! Your the first person I've seen who feels Rainbow is older than Flutters so, HERE'S SOME "TURKEY" FROM MY STORY APPLE BAKED!

:twilightsheepish: :twilightblush: pls like and don't hate for the grammer or pacing.

Oops I meant I feel Twilight is between AJ and Rainbow. :twilightblush:

I don't know this site's rules for necro-posting on a 14 week old thread, but I'm glad we can reach some common ground.

1057346 Rarity,Twilight,AppleJack,Rainbow Dash,Fluttershy Pinkie Pie

and to addto that they are between the ages of 14-21 according to my headcanon

1692835 Do you really think an 18 year old would be off on adventures with a 13 year old?

My headcanno is this

AJ: 22
Rarity and Fluttershy: 21
Pinkie and Twilight: 20
Rainbow Dash: 19

1993501Well in Adventure time Jake the dog is in his late twenties and early thirties and finn is 15 years old and another example is that in many fantasy stories some characters are 5 or more years older then their companions so it can work

In my opinion, they're probably around the same age, only having a six month to a year wide age gap.

I believe that Rarity is the oldest, an October girl or possibly even September.
Next come Applejack and Fluttershy, Applejack in January and Fluttershy in March.
Then come Pinkie (May) and Twilight (June).
Rainbow, born in late August, is the youngest and a few days away from being in the year below.

The Mane 6 are probably young adults; they're probably in their teens or 20s. Rarity's likely the oldest, considering that she's a business owner.

Most of them live on their own. So if they're teenagers, they're probably in their later teens. But Applejack and Pinkie could be 14, seeing as they live with their families. Or they could be 24.

Beyond that, I'm not going to try to make a list of oldest to youngest. But here's my list of most-mature to least-mature:

#1: :ajsmug: Applejack

#2: :raritywink: Rarity

#3: :fluttershyouch: Fluttershy

#4: :twilightsmile: Twilight

#5: :rainbowlaugh: Rainbow Dash

#6: :pinkiesmile: Pinkie Pie

Do you really think an 18 year old would be off on adventures with a 13 year old?

Actuality, yes. Modern America has extended childhood into the teens and 20s. But that's not the historic norm. Historically, people in their teens and 20s were young adults, not big children.

More to the point: The age-segregation among children you're describing, that's also a modern American thing. It was created by the grade system in schools (1st grade, 2nd grade, etc.).

And even today, I think you can find groups of young people who don't have that kind of age-segregation. In a six-person group of young people, who met each-other outside of school: I wouldn't be too surprised if the youngest were 13, and the oldest were 23.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21