Comments ( 40 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 40
Chengar Qordath
Group Admin

So, as some of you might be aware, The Winningverse got its start in May of 2012, so its first birthday is rapidly approaching. I don't think we can let an occasion like that pass us by.

So, I propose that we make note of the anniversary in the only way we can ... by throwing out more Cloud Kicker stories.

So, this May, I want the Winning Pony to be everywhere. If you've got passable writing skills and nothing better to do with your time, crank out a quick Cloud Kicker one-shot. It can be any sort of one-shot you want, the only ground rules I'd set are that Cloud Kicker be in the story (it is Cloud Kicker Month, after all) and that the story be something fans of the Winningverse can read and enjoy. Other than that, it's open season to anything and everything.

Don't feel like this is only something for experienced authors, either. Enthusiastic amateurs are more than welcome to join in on the fun too. Don't worry if your fic isn't perfect—as long as you have fun writing it and some people have fun reading it, all it well.

For the record, the next installment of "The Incredibly _______ of Rainbow Dash" series is gonna be going up for Cloud Kicker Month, covering the Winning Pony's arrival in Ponyville, and some more bonding with Rainbow Dash. Also, alcohol.

God damnit. Why does awesome stuff always seem to happen just before I get posted :twilightangry2:

Cloudhammer
Group Contributor

I approve of all of this :rainbowlaugh:

Yay booze! :yay:
Drunk pony FTW!

Also, call to write ALL the winning pony!

How Happy I am that it's in May xD
I'll be busy studying this month and the next so no writing.

Even though I mostly suck, I might just add my little bit for the Cloud Month of Kicker xD

This is an awesome idea. Can't wait to see what ppl make. Will there be a folder somewhere in the winningverse group for ppl to post their stories? Some kind of poll at the end to vote on best story and stuff? Some many fun options.

JaketheGinger
Group Contributor

I approve of this and I'll see what I can do about producing a one-shot.

Aaaaaand I just got an idea. Sweet.

Well... the next chapter of Winner just got delayed...

May is going to be great :yay::trollestia:

Hmmm. I have to admit, I'd feel weird writing a fanfic of a fanfic, but...I'm tempted...

I'll add in my 2 cents. Would a sadfic be alright? Or do you want more of a cheery theme to it? :derpyderp2:

Well, my current fic is expected to have a the next chapter dedicated wholly to Cloud Kicker... whenever I actually finish the chapter anyway. So, all the CK love! :pinkiehappy:

Ooh... I might actually participate in that. Now if only I can think of a story idea that doesn't involve me writing a whole novel (I'm not particularly good at one-shots).

Chengar Qordath
Group Admin

As long as the Winning Pony is involved in the story, it's fine. About the only genre I'd probably take issue with is something Cupcakes-esque.

Aw yiss.
Milestones!

Awesome! Happy Birthday Winningverse! I may have to try my hand at a nice short CK fic...

Tempted... I might throw something in if I have the time. It sounds like fun!

Come May, there will be something from my keyboard on your desk.
I can't wait!

Hm, I wonder what would happen if Cloud Kicker became an overnight evil genius and started spreading mind control nanobots through sexual conduct banging in the style of a Lovecraftian horror.

Ugh. Now you've made me question my position as someone who doesn't write things.

Alhough I commend you on a good plan posting this two months in advance. Give me a chance to think things through before I thoroughly humiliate myself.

Cloud Kicker Month. So, does that mean spending May going around trying to bang as many as humanly possible?

796843 You should totally write this.

Ah, this definitely looks like it would be worth the time to write something. I've grown to love everypony's characterization in the winningverse too much to not try to make a contribution of my own.

Dang it, I'm going to be in testing for that. :facehoof:
That sucks, won't be able to upload anything... Next year though! :twilightsmile:

I posted a question about this on the story comments. Looks like I got my answer. :twilightsmile:

Since I'm killing myself with my new story could I do a comic instead of writing?

I'm not sure I can handle that much awesome in one go:twilightoops:

Eh, who'm I kidding?:pinkiecrazy: even a trainwreck is entertaining for five minutes.

i am tempted to "The Incredibly Celibate Life of a Winning Pony" and will be completely upfront in the plot description :trollestia:

Chengar Qordath
Group Admin

Yeah, tossing the idea out well in advance seemed prudent, since it gives people plenty of time to start pondering concepts and write something up. Even if May's a busy month for you, well you could always write something in April and just hold onto it for a bit.

Comics are fine too. Any Cloud Kicker content is welcome.

Say, this reminds me: I've been toying with a certain story idea for a while, derived mainly from these quotes from A Winning Pony:

“I can’t help but wonder sometimes if ... if it all went horribly wrong somewhere. If I’m supposed to be a Guardpony who married my Flight Camp sweetheart instead of being ... well, me.”

My destiny. I guess that’s as good a way of putting it as any. It was like my life had gone horribly off track somewhere between Flight Camp and running out on graduation from West Hoof, and I’d been spending all the years since then running from the problem or trying to find a way to get things back to how they were supposed to be. It was almost like one of those stories you read, where a pony was stuck in this life they don’t feel like they belong in, until the truth comes out that they really don’t belong there. Except this time, it wasn’t some evil sorcerer or something that was throwing my destiny off track, it was my own stupid mistakes.

Okay, so here's the concept: a Cloud Kicker oneshot fic set after the events of A Winning Pony... and, more importantly, during "Keep Calm and Flutter On". Cloud Kicker learns that Discord is staying at Fluttershy's cottage and goes to confront him, but Discord, manipulative snake that he is, distracts Cloud Kicker with the prospect of learning what would have happened (or at least, what might have happened) had she actually joined the Guard and married Fluttershy. Against her better judgement, Cloud Kicker accepts, and is soon given a glimpse of...

The Incredibly Wonderful Life of Cloud Kicker

But of course, things don't end up as wonderful as they first appear...

If this doesn't interfere with what's already planned character-arc-wise in the Winningverse, then this seems to me like a good way to give Cloudy some closure regarding that particular avenue of her life. Assuming that I don't phenomenally mess up the story itself, could it potentially achieve canon-ocity? Or will future events in A Winning Pony render such a story moot?

One question
Clop?

Hmm, maybe I'll be done with a certain insert by then. Who knows, I'm slow at writing.

Well hell, this seems like another awesome opportunity for me to procrastinate for weeks and then write a manic clusterbuck in a drunken six hour period two days before it's supposed to be done. :twilightoops:

Challenge accepted!:pinkiecrazy:

Chengar Qordath
Group Admin

Sounds like a great idea.

Winning Pony Clop is fine. One of my pre-readers/edit buddies is actually planning on writing some.

798182 I LOVE THIS. PLEASE DO IT. Or convince someone else to. I'd do it, but I'm terrible. So do it. Canon be damned. And it would be Canon-icity, if we're making up words here. But seriously, write this. Like I said, I will, but nobody wants that. You should all fear the possibility that I will take up the quill and put this premise to ink. It will scar you. You'll show the title to your children and say, "And this was the day my heart died. This is why MLP is illegal in sixteen states..." Motivation through fear. Write this, or the consequences... Well... Dammit, where am I? Did my bartender slip me a Rufi again? I keep telling her she needs to get married before any drugs will convince my brain that her Helena Bonham Carter lookin' butt needs some lovin'. What? I have a reputation to uphold. it's been days since I had to run naked out the sliding glass back door of a womans house as her angry husband chased me through their backyard, trying to keep the bundle of clothes with me as I hopped the back fence to the sound of the enraged man finally chambering his shotgun shell. Wait... Rewind a little bit. This is a great premise for a story that you should definitely write. Man I'm tired. Why am i here?

Ponibius
Group Contributor

Sounds like a great idea! Now what type of story could I write? The first time Blossom and Cloud Kicker met? Doctor Whooves and the Winning Pony? Hmm, have to think how to put my talents of comedy and randomness to work...

Right after exams, so all us students will have free time and pent up creativity from all that studying! I am SO in!

Someone mentioned a fic where Discord shows CK what life would have been like had she married Fluttershy. I had an idea a month ago after reading a lot of Study where, in a continuity in which Fluttershy and CK actually did get hitched, Twilight has to deal with Kicker's antics. The potential ramifications for the last three seasons with 100% more Cloud Kicker sounds fantastic.

Chengar Qordath
Group Admin

That could be fun, yeah. Though I'd be inclined to think that being married to Fluttershy would make Cloud Kicker a bit more restrained. Or she'd just go for slightly different antics, which could make the story all the more fun. She's still antic-y, but not in the same way as she is with Twilight in "Study."

Here's a thought.
Cloud Kicker's first arrival in Ponyville and her initial tour from Time Turner, the town's timekeeper. He is after all the lowest paid government functionary in town and often foisted on such trivial tasks.
He then spends the rest of the day attempting to introduce Cloud Kicker to Ponyville before Pinkie Pie catches on... :pinkiegasp:
Shenanigans ensue.

Chengar Qordath
Group Admin

Fun idea, but there's a slight wrinkle: My upcoming "The Incredibly Blitzed Night of Rainbow Dash" is going to be covering Cloud Kicker's arrival in Ponyville.

Just going by that title... interesting night :rainbowwild:

Well I'll keep thinking about it. If nopony has claimed Time Turner then perhaps I can come up with a way to explain why he was in a cinema with Cloud Kicker in season three. Got to be a story behind that.

And now I have an idea: Time Turner's going on his yearly trip to Las Pegasus to refill his bit bank. On the train ride over he bumps into Cloud Kicker (and somepony else potentially) and once there... what happens in Las Pegasus, stays in Las Pegasus. Like the theft of the grand prize in the Las Pegasus Apple Two-Card Invitational...

Anyone want to hear about the mild shenanigans that happen in Equestria's fluffy and only mildy teen rated city of fun? :scootangel:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 40