Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

I just scanned the threads to see that the last post was on 5th August. So I thought I'd try and get some chatting going on in here.

So, I'll start. I have a question for you all. How and when did you become a brony?

For me, FIM was first brought to my attention when I watched something called 'Camaraderie is Supernatural' on Youtube which was a dub of the first episode. It certainly piqued my interest so I thought I'd look into it. A year and a half later, I'm fully immersed! :pinkiehappy:

How, My gf.

When, like May of this year.

It was pretty straight forward. she asked me to watch the show, I said no three times gave up watched the episodes with Discord fell in love and that was all she wrote.

How I became a brony is something I will not disclose to anyone lightly.
I can however tell you that I stumbled upon FIMfiction.net when I was looking for a place to post my fic 'The Last Student'
As for the show itself, I caught my interest in a small comic between them and mythbusters, I had an urge to see it then. :rainbowlaugh:

Now I enjoy the fluffy fluffynes of the show in all it's glory and I'm loving it. :yay:

Cheers!

I never see any of these kind of threads anymore :pinkiegasp:

My story is nowhere near as grand as anyone elses. I have a few friends who browse 4chan '4 teh lulz', and they'd occasionally link me the odd tidbit.... *sigh* how I regret clicking on so many of those links they sent me :pinkiesad2:
They occasionally sent over pony threads. Which were just weird... Yeah that was a long time ago. About 4 months ago.
So I searched up "My Little Pony" on Youtube. I think the first fan... 'thing' I found was the Living Tombstone. I enjoyed a few of his songs, and so instantly decided to download both seasons. (I may have tried to sneak them on to my friend's computers, just to see their reactions... :moustache:)
Never regretted that decision. Through The Living Tombstone, I discovered EQD, and through that I discovered FimFiction.

Ahhh. That was a good day :twilightsmile:

On a more somber note, I was very stressed over the summer (family and housing (my own) issues), and was undereating and undersleeping a lot. Ponies came and saved the day! :yay:
So there you go, a newbie brony, right here :rainbowkiss:
I'm interested to hear the tales of the veterans :moustache:

I saw the rainbow factory music video. And I thought: ''Wait! Is My Little Pony is like that? I have to check it out!''
After the first episode, i became interested, saw the males liking a show and I could resist to watch more ponies. After episode one, it changed my way of thought. I made a... friendlier decision for something, not the brute and angry one. So that was the first sign, it's more than a show... :raritywink:

How did you come across the Rainbow Factory music video?

497264 A youtuber that i subscribed to, commented on it. He wasn't a brony, but liked the music. Saw the comments and check out the rest and saw the random videos. Like those, where Fluttershy squeels and stuff.

That's awesome! I do love quite a lot of the brony music.
How did you discover FimFiction?

497275 If I remember right, I wanted to know where are those ''Fanfictions''. Because I saw a video, where a guy read my little dashie and I only got a doc.file about it. I wanted to know, where are these stories connected.
After checking out some of his vids. I found this website.
I spent three months getting use to reading, becoming better at english, then after some daydreaming and stuff like that... I wrote my first story. :rainbowlaugh:
At first it was just a ''Let's just try out and see what happens. I can't lose anything after all.''
I found enjoyable what i wrote, so I continued. After another three months (the whole summer) I finally posted it. I have never been so nervous like that.
I got enough positive response to continue, so I decided: ''I'll make the sequel next summer!'' :rainbowdetermined2:
But i couldn't wait to share tales and stories, so here I am right now. :rainbowlaugh: Having faithful and kind followers, with the awesomest community. My life is complete. :pinkiesad2:

My best friend frequents 4chan, and became hooked on it from there right away. About halfway through season 1, he told me to watch check it out, but I was very skeptical...I mean, it was My Little Pony! I did some reading on the show and saw Lauren Faust created it. I decided to check it out because I am huge Powerpuff Girls and Fosters Home fan.

My first episode was Sonic Rainboom...I've been a brony since...No Regrets!:twilightsmile:

Discovered through 4chan. Phew! There was me thinking I was going to be discriminated against for saying that :rainbowlaugh:

I watched all 52 episodes in 9 days, starting from the first, of course. That was an interesting week.
Do you think your first impression of the episodes might have been different if you had watched the first episode to begin with? I remember watching the first episode, the opening sequence of paper cut-outs of Princess Luna and Celestia really captivated me. I rather liked the whole idea of Night vs. Day business. :scootangel:

Perhaps. I would have become a brony regardless, because as a personal rule I have to give new shows four episodes to firmly get an opinion. Sonic Rainboom appealed to me instantly because it was the funniest episode of them all, IMO. If I had seen Art of the Dress first for example, I might not have been so eager.:twilightsmile:

I actually cringed and paused the video when I first watched the opening theme tune. I still don't like it. :rainbowlaugh:
As for The Art of the Dress, that was perhaps my least favourite MLP song. My favourite being Love is in Bloom, or This Day Aria.
What's your most/least favourite MLP song(s)?
And what four episodes did you first watch to garner your opinion?

My favorite song is This Day aria or the Singing Telegram, least favorite would be the Art of the Dress as well.

I think that the theme is good, but it's the girliest part of the series.

It was Sonic Rainboom, Dragonshy, and the first two episodes.

Don't think I could ever listen to the theme music without my eye twitching! :rainbowlaugh:
And I always loved Singing Telegram! :rainbowkiss: and Flutterguy's She's an Evil Enchantress :rainbowlaugh:

What do you enjoy in the fandom? The Music? The literature? The Art? All of it?
How did you discover FimFiction?

I love the literature. The music is great, but the writing is what really gets me. I googled MLP fanfics, and found this awesome place. After reading for about 3 months, I tried writing my own, it was well received and here I am!:twilightsmile:

Ahh, I see. What do you for Artwork for your fics? Do you draw/design your own? Or do you have others help you out?

And thank you for the fave! :rainbowkiss: I always forget I've actually written something
And that I'm supposed to be writing more...

It was popular in another fandom I like, The Amazing World of Gumball, so I watched Baby Cakes in February.

498302 I've only recently started watching that. It's pretty good!

Nah, I'm a horrible artist. Another user by the name of HoovesLikeJagger does the art for me...and does a great job at that. :twilightsmile:

498302>>498312
I've never heard of it. What is it? :rainbowhuh:

Haha that's a brilliant name! Wish I was as inventive... :twilightoops:
See, I'm mainly an editor and reviewer. I do the occasional writing, but I've been too busy to get working on the projects I really want to do (taking double maths at college does that to you.) I also draw every now and then. But I've never really done anything with what I draw. They're just a pile of papers sitting on one of my shelves
:rainbowlaugh:
I'm really hoping to get more writing done soon, especially since I'm doing a collab with another writer! :rainbowkiss:

Yep! It only took till March to start writing a massive fic.

498337 It's a cartoon shown on Cartoon Network (funnily enough!). It's quite to watch. Look at this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_World_of_Gumball

Then, watch this scene. It really made me laugh the first time I saw it.

A Cartoon network show that recently started its second season. I was the official biggest fan before ponies came into the picture.

Sorry for the late reply... I've been gone for the weekend and, to catch up with the stories, I had to go through 400 of them... :twilightoops: Big fandom. For Gumball, I've read some teen ones and every everyone story. :twilightsheepish: Good show.

498398>>498421

Looks interesting :pinkiegasp:
I would watch it, but I don't really watch much TV these days. Which is strange how I watch mlp, but that said I discovered it online, and I watch it online :twilightsmile:

Well, I'd definitely recommend it.

Hmm, well if I ever manage to find the time (which I sadly have very little of) then I'll certainly give it a look! :rainbowkiss: Thank you :pinkiehappy:

HELPL ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SAVE A CHAPTER IN PROGRESS AFTER I WRITE IT THERE IS NO SAVE BUTTON OR ICON HOW DO YOU SAVE NEW CHAPTERS OR EDITED CHAPTERS TO A STORY YOUR WRITING

This thread is as old as hell, but... meh, what the hell. I might as well contribute.

It all started when I watched "Teens react to" show on Youtube, since I'm subscribed to that, and one of the episodes was Teens react to My Little Pony. They mentioned there are prejudgments against those that watch it.

I have a phobia of having prejudgments (it's kind of the opposite of a phobia, since it forces me to do things). There was no choice but to go watch the show. I had to gain more information before I would allow myself to form any kind of opinion toward it. The rest is the same as with most bronies (got addicted to it after watching 1 episode).

I became a brony in July 2013. Talked on Omegle with another brony, told him that I wanted to do a comic about a nightmare that I had about ponies. I also mentioned my ‘small’ problem of sucking at drawing. He suggested that I write a story about it instead. I was like 'People write stories about a show? No way‽' (yes, I didn't even know that fanfictions were a thing). He linked me his story on this site (it was a clop story...).

Thinking in a concept of a story instead of a comic I scraped my nightmare idea, and substituted it with more adventures one. A wave of inspiration hit me and I wrote all through the night until I finished a pilot chapter. I edited it for a week then published it. Got good reception for it, so I decided to expand on it, and write a novel.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30