OctaScratch 1,615 members · 583 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

An Idea struck me as I was listening to the radio the other day and it still lingers in my mind. Vinyl and Octavia are different from each other and that's why we love them being together. With that in mind all I could picture was Octavia singing the song True love by Pink. Anybody else agree?

"This video can't be watched in your country due to copyright" or some other bs. I don't know. But Octavia sounds classier, the few songs by Pink I've heard, I don't imagine Octavia to be the sort to sing them.

I have to disagree. The majority of the song is about Why they aren't right for each other.

I think I have to agree with you, the general theme of the song seems to be her talking about someone that drives her crazy but she can't be without, Someone who frustrates her but she forgives because she loves them. Which I think is what usually defines Octavia and Vinyls Relationship. I personally think this song fits the two very well and I think I could definitely see Octavia singing this (Maybe while tipsy or something).

4031615 Not necessarily, Some people do have relationships where they poke fun ,push each others buttons or even drive each other nuts. But it's not in a malicious way, it's just their thing and they have fun with it. I do think you can hate someone and love them at the same time because you don't really hate them, I'm not entirely sure how to explain it but I felt like sharing my thoughts. Ignore me if I don't make sense.

4037855 There is a difference between a couple getting on each others nerves and the kind of anger in that song. In that song, it is very clearly a malicious king of anger. They aren't poking fun at each other, they are seriously upsetting one another. That song isn't describing a healthy relationship.
But I understand what you mean. And I'm glad you shared your thoughts.

4031562 Yeah That's not at all what she would sing. But that's not what dj-pon3fan meant.

4031524 Yeah, I guess I could agree with what Ponysage86 stated, this does seem to pretty much define Vinyl and Octavia's relationships in the broader view of it all. The two have very little in common, there always seems to be one thing or another that they don't agree on, yet...despite it all, they move past it and get along extremely well. Hm, not sure about seeing Octavia singing this one, seems a bit off for her supposed personality (then again, there is a story here where Octavia seemed to be very open to loud songs and non-classical tunes in her downtime), I think another one of Pink's songs, "Please Don't Leave Me" might fit better in respects to seeing Octavia singing a song. XD

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8