OctaScratch 1,615 members · 585 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

What up fellow octascratchers!? Im a REEEEAllly new brony like about two months old and although i am still learning the ropes and avoiding my girlfriend's "Bronies are creepy and men shouldnt be taking something from girls" mentality, i fell in love with scratch and melody:heart:

They are perfect to me and i have been blazing through the fics about them like crazy. I plan on writing a fic sometime after christmas and have some ideas planned. which one do u guys think sounds best:

A) vinyl and Octavia fusion do to discord mayhem and the how they learn to cope after a year like that( they start off hating each other but eventually fall for each other)
or
B) Octavia (or vinyl ) dies and the other becomes depressed but decides to do something extraordinary for the other once a year on deathiversary. (may do both at somepoint to show how each copes)

thosw are what i have lined up sooooooooo
please vote. and dont be a trollestia or hater about it.

Firstly, welcome to the fandom and—while I can't stress this enough—get the fuck out while you still can. Seriously, this shit will consume your virtual life.

Secondly, I'd seriously recommend reading Ezn's writing guide. Don't just skim through it, make sure you read ALL OF IT. This is absolutely vital for any and all new writers, so they can guarantee their story won't be burned at the stake for being absolute rubbish.

Lastly, I rather like the whole "deathiversary" idea. It's definitely more original than some of the newer fics that have come out as of late.

Good luck with that girlfriend of yours too, by the way.

'Ello guvna! Welcome to this gathering of fan folk known as the fandom! :pinkiesmile: It does me heart good to see a new active member of this wonderful group. Well, I won't keep you. Make yourself at home. If you need me just send a PM. I extend my hospitality to you and hope the others will do the same. Have a wonderful time my fine friend. :twilightsmile:

3892947 3892961 3892984 3893010 Here's just an example of the fandom you can expect.

I am a fan of Metal, always have, always will be. Yes I love a lot of other musical styles, from the various forms of rock and roll, to the classical, orchestral, SOME very select rap songs, a small number(5) of pop songs, and so on. That being said I am here today to talk about an important matter... Metal in kids cartoons... And why it is FUCKING AWESOME!

Our first example comes from Codename: Kids Next Door and the episode "Operation:F.O.O.D.F.I.T.E." The ENTIRE episode is comprised of two music videos with a connecting story line throughout. The songs in question? Well the first is "Grandmother Stuffum", the villain Grandma Stuffum being the antagonist of the episode.

This song is based on, and essentially a cover of, The Private Pain of Techno Destructo by GWAR. In fact aside from the lyrics, the song is EXACTLY the same. GWAR actually teamed with Grey DeLisle(Voice of Grandma Stuffum) and came up with the songs for the episode, which were performed in the episode with new lyrics written for each song especially for the episode

The second song was "Slamwitch", and was based on the GWAR song "Gor-Gor"

This segment of the episode was pretty much made to mirror a LOT of what happened in the Gor-Gor music video.

But KND wasn't the ONLY cartoon to take advantage of the power of Metal. Oh no. The series Duck Dodgers, a cartoon based around Daffy Duck's starship captain alter ego of the same name, did not just feature a Metal song done by an ACTUAL Metal band, but had the ENTIRE band show up. The episode was called "In Space, No One can Hear you Rock" centered around a new Martian plan to disrupt all Earth music by absorbing it and replacing it with dull elevator music with a giant ship designed to harness the energy from the absorbed music into a powerful destructive beam.

Duck Dodgers gets the idea to thaw out a frozen Dave Mustaine of Megadeth fame, to combat this threat by unleashing music so loud that the Martian weapon could NOT handle it. The episode ends on one of the most Metal things possible

That's right. Megadeth, fighting Martians with the power of Metal.... I'll just let that thought sink in.

But Looney Tunes was not done with Metal just yet, for in the recent Looney Tunes Show there was something.... Beautiful. You see in The Looney Tunes Show they would have sections of the episodes called "Merrie Melodies" which were short music videos featuring one or more the various Looney Tunes singing... A running joke of the show for a bit was Daffy being under the impression he was a magical wizard... The writers took this gag and well... this happened

That's right. A Power Metal music video about Daffy Duck's delusions of being an all-powerful wizard... No words can describe the sheer AWESOMENESS of this.

So do we need Metal in kids cartoons? Nope. Am I happy we do get it once in a while? Oh hell yes! :pinkiehappy:

With that I leave you with my FAVORITE Metal song...

Welcome to the fandom! :pinkiehappy:
I'm a relatively new pegasister (female-brony) myself, but I feel "old" enough now to say that. :twilightsmile:

I would say I would prefer option B, because I love tragic stories, and because I can't stand Discord for the life of me.

... BUT, option A sounds like the safer bet for a first story. Most ponies would like that better I think...
My first story was an OctaScratch too!

As a 2011 ponyfag and level 10 winterhold guard I think

Thanks for answering my question everybody. your advice will definitely help a lot. i will begin writing sometime soon and hope to get my first story out there in the before the new year. Based on the tips i got i think i will go with my first idea, which is the "Vinyl and Octavia fuse together cause discord is awesome" story( yeah im a discord fan too i hope i dont screw up his part of the story to much:unsuresweetie:)

On a side note i am gonna do something crazy tomorrow( although you guys probably dont care): i have presentation due in my English 12 class and im made a presentation about bronies, specifically me. so I am basically gonna announce that i am a brony to a class of teenagers:fluttershbad::pinkiecrazy: wish me luck

The deathiversary idea sounds cool, but half my stories are sad, so I'm biased.
Welcome to the herd, friend.
This site has a ton of groups, several of which are OctiVinyl-themed, so join them and feast your eyes.
One thing you'll find out fairly quickly, as I did, is that there are groups and stories for pretty much any kind of pony-story you want.
Sad stories? Check! Dark stories? Oooh, yeah.:pinkiecrazy: Funny stories? Check-a-lek-a-ding-dong.
This site will inhale more of your time than you can imagine, so be ready.
Just remember that as you contribute stories and (hopefully) get better at your craft, just remember there are also groups that will help you improve your skills. As the months roll by, don't focus on upvotes, faves and followers. Focus on being the best writer you can be. Trust me on this, if your work has any kind of quality to it, an audience for your work will grow. It'll take time, however. Just keep writing. (And plunk those hopefully-good stories on all the appropriate groups you can get your mitts on. You gotta spread the word, my friend.)
I admire your bravery to come out as a brony in front of your classmates. Hell, I'm 46 and no one at my job knows about my bronyness. (Looking over his shoulder.)

The first one sounds interesting, but a word of caution, ye ol noob:

Almost any and every tale of OctaScratch has been beat like a dead horse, pun intended. If you do plan on writing them, I recommend you put a spin on it. Otherwise it has a high chance of becoming lost in the sea of preexisting OctaScratch.

Oh, and welcome to the clusterfuck that is FiMFic. :pinkiesmile:

3902922 How did you know my plans for a tale where vinyl and octi beat a horse until he's dead and keep on doing it? Oh c'mon!

(I know it's an expression, I'm just messing)

I begin writing today. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to proofread my story when I'm finished? The story this being my first story it will probably be very amateurish and need a ton of revising. Any help will be appreciated.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13