Dark 3,768 members · 8,326 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I'm looking for something to do, so I figured I'd offer up a one shot thread! You guys like stories, right? Well, leave any suggestions for a scenario that you'd like to see written in short (one chapter, so... 1000-3000 words or so?) in the comments and I'll write (at least) one of them! Also: since I'm not anything special as a fanfiction writer, I encourage other folks to do so too and leave links to their stories in the comments~ Ideally, we'll have a whole bunch of new dark short stories based on stuff that you guys would like to see!

Dark is Dark, so ask for something mature if you like, otherwise the only restrictions are whatever our depraved minds can concoct.

3341353 Can love hurt ponies? Here's a short story that you could expand on. I'd love to read it if you did.

"Dad, why don't I have legs like the rest of the children in my class?"

"It's because it's inherited, dear. As you can see, your mum and I don't have legs either. Doctors told us that if we reproduce, our child could never walk, but we didn't care about that. Love is what matters and we do love you very much. We don't give a shit about the fact that you and all of your offsprings will struggle for the rest of your lives, but believe us when we say that we love you. We wouldn't let any harm affect you. Except, you know—making you without legs and bestowing all of the other genetic disorders onto you. Love is all that matters!"

In short, this is an exploration of the morality of the following scenarios:
a) Parents do A despite knowing that A will cause her daughter to not have legs.
b) Parents have a daughter with legs and do B to cause her daughter to lose her legs.

3341621 Hmmmm that's interesting. I don't often work with children being affected like that (mostly because I don't think I'm very good at representing a child in literature) but I'll keep it in mind, that's definitely thought provoking and really really dark x3 So do they not have ANY legs or just rear legs? or front?

3341629 Legs are just an example. There's an underlying principle to it. The parents decision is at play here. Was it moral or immoral? You can make the defect anything you like.

right right... sorry

I'm a little high on vicodin right now~ oral surgery is a bitch x.x Forgive me for missing the point x3 Yeah I'll roll it around in my head, it's a good moral question.

3342636 I think it might be eerier if they were like the mannequins from Condemned 2, where they just kinda follow whomever the victim is by being there when they turn to run, until they're surrounded. I did see that post in the forums, though, and that's a pretty weird ritual from New Guinea

no need to apologize x3 I'm going for Dragor's idea right now, but once that's all finished I'll think about doing somethin' like that~ unless someone else beats me to it

Ha ha~ for when it passes moderation and gets put up on the site, here's my attempt at a rapid one-shot from 3341621

Different

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11