Bronies & Furries & Things Left Unsaid 226 members · 278 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

It's time for furry shit!!:yay:

Have some cuteness!!:rainbowkiss:

vv And my Personal favourite, for reasons that will become obvious further down:raritywink: vv

All the above art is by Sugarbites on Fur Affinity

Alrighty then!! Now that the obligatory adorable furry pictures portion is out of the way, I can get on to shitposting!:heart:

So basically, I'm just trying to wake this group up a bit. The furry fandom means the world to me, and the people I know irl have become like a second family to me. As such, I'd like to get to know you guys a bit more. So, I am going to give myself a brief introduction, as well as a brief summary of how I involve myself with the furries. I would like for anyone reading, and who has the patience, to leave a reply below telling me, and everyone else here, about yourself and your time in the fandom:pinkiehappy:

Alright, first thing's first: Introduction!

My username on this site may be 'The Nightingale', but among the furry community, as well as many close friends, I go by the name Traxx, the name of my fursona. I'm 18, about to turn 19 in August! My fursona is a weird fluffy dragon thing, named Traxx. (Don't ask where the name came from, because I honestly don't remember when, or why I thought of it:twilightsheepish:) He's basically just a cuter, goofier, more outgoing, and more carefree version of myself. He's also meant to be a bit more... primal? I think that's the word I want. Basically, he's kinda halfway between anthro, and feral.

My Ref. Sheet:

(The last image in the above group is a r63 chibi commission I got from Sugarbites about a month back)
Ref. made by FoxInShadow from Deviant Art

I found the furries, oh damn... years back. 2005, 2006, maybe? It was a couple years after that oh so wonderful (:pinkiecrazy:) episode of CSI aired on television. I saw it, thought "WTF", and then completely forgot about it. Then, several years later, I fell in love with the 'StarFox' game series (Krystal was first waifu:twilightblush:), and I took an interest in fanart of the series. This inevitably led me to sites like Fur Affinity, and I really liked what I found, but not enough to hook me. Then, just under a year ago, I came across some fursuiting videos, and realized that they had been filmed near where I live. This brought me into contact with the MNFurs organization, and lead to my first irl interaction with the furry community. I was scared shitless:rainbowlaugh: I enjoyed my time hanging out with the furs I met, but actually concluded that it just wasn't for me, and decided not to return. This changed in January of this year when I decided to attend the MNFurs holiday party, and I had an amazing time. I didn't know anybody, and had begun to regret my decision to attend... then they showed up. The fursuiter. Only about 6-7 of them, but I was absolutely amazed because I'd never seen a suit in person before. I decided to stick around a while longer, and wound up having an amazing time, and absolutely dreaded the thought of leaving, but alas, I had work in the morning.

Since then, I have identified as a furry, I've fleshed out my fursona, attended a con all the way down in Georgia, and have even commissioned a suit, which should be in my hands in mid to late August!! :yay::heart:

Woo! So much for brief:twilightoops:
Anyway, please comment below with an introduction, and your story of how you found the furry fandom! Also, if you have a ref sheet of your sona, please post that as well! :pinkiehappy:

BaroqueNexus
Group Admin

4451748 I am the person who founded this group.

I live in Atlanta, which is home to Furry Weekend Atlanta and MomoCon.

The furry fandom has been one of the worst things to ever happen to me.

I'm considering leaving the fandom behind, along with pretty much everyone in it.

But I'm glad you're so happy. Have fun with your suit.

Why?! :pinkiegasp:
(Also, were you at FWA?)

BaroqueNexus
Group Admin

4451782 No, I wasn't. I've never been. Some friends of mine were there, you probably saw them at some point. I don't even know if I'll ever go.

I've been hurt a lot of times because of the furry fandom. Not just from outside bullying, but from pointless drama and shit from inside the fandom. A lot of furries (especially fursuiters) turn out to be elitist assholes that get popular because they suit at cons, and let that popularity go to their heads.

Seriously, if you think the drama in the brony fandom is bad, it's even worse in the furry fandom. Mostly because it's been around for longer than the brony fandom. And don't get me started on the drama between bronies and furries.

Basically, the fandom has caused me more pain than pleasure. Not enough for me to abandon it outright, but enough for me to seriously doubt I'll ever really do anything in the fandom whatsoever. :/ The anxiety, jealousy, and panic attacks don't help either.

BaroqueNexus
Group Admin

4451782 Sorry...haven't been feeling well lately. Emotionally, I mean. But I still mean pretty much what I said.

Yeah, I have noticed some of those things. Not so much the drama, at least nothing major, but the elitist attitude I've definitely seen. I encountered a number of suiters at FWA who wouldn't give anyone the time of day for so much as a quick hello. They kinda stuck to themselves and avoided everyone but their close circle:fluttershysad:

BaroqueNexus
Group Admin

4452051 That pretty much sounds like most of the fursuiters here in Atlanta, sadly.

However, should you ever go back to FWA, you should try to seek out TigerPaw, the founder of FWA. He's a FANTASTIC guy. An absolute sweetheart, and humble to boot. He's a friend of mine and he's just the best. X3

If I'm ever back at FWA I hope to see you there:derpytongue2:
Just expect a giant fluffy dragon to smother you to death:rainbowkiss:

BaroqueNexus
Group Admin

4452111 ...oh my god. You'd do that for me? X3 I'd love to be glomped by a fluffy dragon

Definitely! :pinkiehappy:
I hope to go back this next year if I can, and if I do, I'd be more than happy to meet up with you, and hang out:pinkiesmile:

BaroqueNexus
Group Admin

4452125 Awww. Sure thing!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11