TwiLuna 3,802 members · 881 stories
Comments ( 29 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 29
Habanc
Group Contributor

Hello again, glad to see you here! Welcome to the Third TwiLuna Contest, where we'll see who can write the best Twilight and Luna-paired romance! As always, all applicants are strongly encouraged to participate, if only for the enhanced exposure. I'm Habanc, and unlike the previous contest, I have no other purpose within this one, besides creating the thread and cleaning the admissions folder. I hope we can create some wonderful TwiLuna in the coming weeks!

-~-

The Third TwiLuna Contest

The aim of this contest is to promote the writing of the night and its twilight, of the warm clouds of dusk and slow glow of the stars. The pairing of Twilight and Luna is non-debatable, and their romance should be displayed within your story, however subtle or heavy-handed you see fit.

The theme is "Alternate Universes".

This means that you are tasked with creating a new world for our wonderful ponies, along with imbuing romance elements between Twilight and Luna. This alternate universe can be something as simple as altered history, or differing sequences, to as grand as building a brand-new universe from the ground up. The exact, canon worlds from both Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls are not allowed.

Any extra genres (e.g. comedy, slice of life, sad, etc.) or tone is fine, as long as their romance isn't shirked or omitted. Mature, anthromorphic, and humanized fiction are allowed. Gore, however, is not.

Submissions should be anywhere from one thousand to twenty-five thousand words. A recommendation would be to aim from five thousand to twelve thousand words, but this is up to you and the story you wish to tell. Submissions are due February 10th (Extended). Also, submissions cannot be previous works, or works in progress that were started before the contest's creation date. They are to be posted on Fimfiction and linked to a comment on this page, along with being submitted to the group's entries folder, labeled "Contest Entries".

This contest's judges will be Auramane, PocoRitardo, and ZOMG.

Points will be scored for originality, believability, and the strength of your world-building, along with a topping for flair. The top three authors will receive a spot on the group's front page, following the format of the last contest's winners.

Regardless of your experience or skill level, we highly encourage everyone to participate! As seen in previous contests, more often than not you may find yourself getting more reads and critiques than you would've otherwise. Whether for improving as a writer or gaining new readers, or both, this is a great chance for everybody. (That, and TheLastBrunnenG is a TwiLuna devourer and requires more offerings to appease him)

Best of luck, all of you!

Is there a prize for winning 1st - 3rd place?

sweet, I think I have an idea...

Here I am, just about to release a new TwiLuna... but it doesn't fit the contest at all, and I don't think I'll have time to write a whole new one. It's a real shame, as I LOVE AU stuff... maybe I'll see if I can do something short.

Habanc
Group Contributor

The top three authors will receive a spot on the group's front page, following the format of the last contest's winners.

Are you not satisfied?

3960088 Dammit! Right as I had an idea for a cute one shot, I just had to agree to judge!

Razzin' frazzin'... *goes back to working on other TwiLuna fic*

-fingers crossed- I'm throwin my hat in to the ring, but no garauntees

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Contributor

No promises, cuz I'm working on a bunch of other projects...but that said, I sort of know my way around the Twiluna AU dance floor.

I don't have the time or brains for this. Fuck it, I'm in anyway.

Just got a crazy stupid idea for this. Crossing my fingers I'll be able to get it done in time.

Pearple Prose
Group Contributor

Thinking of entering, but the More Most Dangerous Game contest has me interested as well. Also, trial exams. We'll see what happens, in any case.

Dammit...I don't know if I should enter or not. Maybe. We'll see. Maybe.

Hmmm... Just around the time my internet will be set up in my new home. A challenge appears. Interesting.

I will fight you both.

I'm in. Wait, am I allowed to be? Do I have to ask Permission?:twilightoops:

Habanc
Group Contributor

3960146 3960114 3960186 3960215 3960217 3963742 3966048 3966558 3968767 3978808 4005455

As per the judges, the contest deadline has been extended by three (3) days to February 10th. Acknowledging that the contest has fallen in the tumultuous aftermath of the holidays, and intersecting final exams in certain countries, they felt it only fair to offer contestants an extra few days.

Alas, I still haven't even hit on a good idea. Oh well. Next one, maybe.

Gah, damnit I completly forgot about this! DAMN DAMN DAMN!

4044449 Fuck. Completely forgot. Next time maybe.

Has...has anyone even entered this one?

4045081 Did he publish it yet? I looked through his story list, but my hope were dashed.

Ah, fuck buckets! I forgot!

4044449 Is there a specific hour/time zone the deadline is set from? As in by Tuesday, 2/10, 2359 UTC?

Habanc
Group Contributor

4056225 Good question! It'll be at 2359 EST, so that's 0459 UTC, 2/11

4060964 Cool, thank you. :twilightsmile:

I know the stories are out there (in fact I've read one) but they ain't appearing in the folder yet. Wheeeere are you people? Still miffed that I couldn't figure out my entry in time I am.

Now there's no way this will be finished in time But I'll be damned if I don't try and push this up to 40K. Even if the wordcount is lying through its teeth on FimFic.

This has already ballooned far past the projected wordcount. I find myself deeply unable to care though, because I am so insufferably, unequivocally in love with this story.

I ought to be, to have written so much of it in so short a time span.

The password is Gaslight.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 29