Protect Celestia 1,947 members · 1,762 stories
Comments ( 110 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 110

I'll make the next claim.
I mean... um... if that's okay.

Prompt: Daughter
Title: “Stars In Their Own Right”
(An excerpt from an Equestrian history book)

Artemisia and Solaris were entities that held control over the darkness and the light. This control was given to them, yet even they do not fully remember who the giver was. Regardless, it mattered very little. All that mattered was that the order of separate power be maintained.

In darkness, Artemisia created shadows, large bodies of water, and the winter snow. In light, Solaris brought forth stars, great landscapes, and the rejuvenation of natural plants. They each saw that their work was good.

However, just as light and dark co-existed in balance, so too did the powers of order with its opposite: chaos. Unlike light and darkness, chaos sought to remove any sense of balance. Invading on the creation of Artemisia and Solaris, chaos brought about fire, mammalian life, and lust.

Though the chaos was easy to soothe, the things that it sowed from the universe were lost and confused. The only solution was an impossible union. Light and shadow would have to unite to create a new power strong enough to walk the path with the lost beings of pony kind.

In this united light and shadow, Artemisia and Solaris bore two children. These were the first daughters of the Elders. They would act as the guides for the world as it stood. Tasked with the moon, night, and dreams, the younger daughter’s name was Luna. To govern the sun, light, and fire, the first daughter was called Celestia.

Next Prompt: Ruler

2365873 I'll claim this. Let's see how it goes. Wish me luck.

Prompt: Ruler.

Even after millenia ruling a large kingdom, she still finds it hard to believe that it happened, and still happening. But here she is. Celestia, once a warrior from an earth pony clan, has been ruling Equestria as a princess since the Reign of Chaos which was about 2,000 years ago. She was in her bedroom reading her favourite fantasy novel involving a group of friends on their quest against the Dark Lord Tirek when she closed her eyes and remembered the hard times after Discord's first defeat.

The Reign of Chaos had damaged the Equestrian culture so horribly that when the Reign ended, Equestria was only slightly bigger than Canterlot. Poverty, famine, plague, infant mortality, short life expectancy and frequent raids by beasts and savages were an everyday occurance for a hundred years after the Reign of Chaos. But even then, with her and Luna's rule Equestria started expanding beyond its borders and prospered as an empire for centuries until Luna's descent to madness.

Celestia opened her eyes, looked outside her window and smiled. Yes, even with all the hardships they had to endure after the Reign of Chaos and the War of Day and Night, her being a ruler had brought peace and prosperity to Equestria.

I hope I did good.:fluttershysad:

Next Prompt: Amnesia.

2412136 Gah! Now rereading it, I found some typos! Let me fix it.

EDIT: And fixed!

2412136 Also, I don't want to sound like a braggart, but that is the first time I wrote a Pony story.:twilightsheepish:

I'll claim Amnesia if it helps keep the ball rolling. (No reason to force Semper Fidelis to keep his promise of writing two additional stories by himself just to make this thing happen.)

Prompt: Amnesia
(May contain a slight spoiler for “Baby Cakes”.)

She opens her eyes to a brightly lit room. She has to blink to clear the blurriness from her vision. Where is she? She doesn’t know.

A squaw interrupts her confusion. She turns to look for the source.

Immediately, she shuffles her hooves to back away from the fiery beast before her. With her back against the wall, she breathes heavily. For what feels like hours, she stares unblinkingly at the creature. In turn, the bird stares at her.

After her moment of panic, she notices that the red animal is behind the golden bars of a cage. She closes her eyes and sighs in relief.

Her momentary relief is shattered, however, by a wisp of purple and green smoke flowing in front of her. A stack of paper appears out of thin air with a popping noise before falling to the floor.

Ever so cautiously, she reaches a hoof toward the top page and reads the following.

“Dear Princess Celestia,

The following is a brief yet detailed summary of all my other reports to you.
Please let me know if I have missed anything by sending a reply using the notes section on page 40.”

She blinks. Who is this Princess Celestia? Why is this letter intended for some pony else sitting in front of her? She can’t fathom any answers to these questions.

“Wait a minute,” she mutters, “Who am I?”

Next prompt: Ally.

1816345 , Are there enough posts yet?

Prompt: Ally

From atop of her golden throne, Celestia looked down at the being standing in the centre of the hall. Despite the fact she was seated higher than the beast, she felt respect, admiration and fear. While the former were not alien emotions, the latter coursed through her veins like an icy river.

The creature seemed to be a lion, but he was unlike any lion she had ever seen. His mane was of tawny gold, wild and unruly, yet somehow was beautiful to behold. His coat was a different shade of gold, more sleek, and yet dazzling to the eye. Soft velvet paws, were tipped with razor sharp claws. His face was stern, but yet kind. His golden eyes were warm, loving, but at the same time, terrible to behold.

Who was this lion? Was he a friend or foe? Ally or enemy? Celestia wondered. The alicorn continued to examine the great lion, noting his regal posture, his stoic silence. The alicorn suddenly knew that this lion could be both: a beloved friend or a terrible foe.

"Welcome to Equestria. What title do you answer to?"

"You may call me, Aslan."

Just a short Narnia crossover... no biggy.
The next word: Wish

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Yes I think we do...

Give me a few days to sort through everything, I'll get it posted by Monday.

2475787 I'll try this one.

Prompt: Wish.

Excerpts from the Diary of Princess Celestia as translated from Old Earth Pony to Modern Equish.

17th December 1009 CE.

Dear Journal,

It has been almost six months since the War ended. Reparations are going smoothly and Equestria’s economy is still fragile but recovering slowly. My beloved subjects are still having nightmares about the War that shattered our once prosperous empire from what I could understand, but they are still living safe and happy with their family and loved ones. Not me though.

For six months, I had to cope without Luna. She had always been my dearest sister. Even if we were not sisters by blood she will always be my sister by heart. By next Monday, our subjects would have celebrated the Longest Night Winter Solstice with Luna if she was here. Alas, I doubt that my subjects would want to celebrate anything night-themed nowadays.

Nopony knows how much I miss Luna and wish her to be back so I can have somepony close for comfort.

21st June 2009 CE.

Dear Journal,

Do you remember when I said that I wished Luna to be back a thousand years ago? It became true. There will be a lot of reconciling to do with each other, but I am just happy to have her back.

Author's Note: Just for extra information, Celestia and Luna still have Old Earth Pony as their personal first language :raritywink: (they were earth ponies centuries before Hearth's Warming).

Next Prompt: Clan.

2475927 I don't want to look impatient, but have you tried submitting the Prompt Collab? Or do you need to contribute yourself to submit it?

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Ok folks I've got three prompts read to publish. Also... what is everyone's opinion on Dance's own prompt?

2556876 A bit vulgar. I say skip it.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

2556876 I thought it was a life changing experience.

2557481 Is the claim still active?

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

I'm working on it, I do have a job now so my time gets eaten up

2570147 Sorry. It is mostly because of that rule:

* Your claim is valid for twenty-four hours, to keep someone from accidentally holding things up all day. After four hours, another person could post a claim for the same prompt. If you ran out of time, and no one else has claimed it, and you still want to write it, just go ahead and reclaim it.

And lucky you. I'm still waiting for that job interview.:fluttershysad:

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

The collab is slow enough that it might be a week before someone else claims it. And following the Twilestia collab as a guide, a prompt can be reopened after the initial post

2570163 ill claim clan.... As long as it doesn't get fucking ignored again.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Go ahead, I had to restart my computer which took out what I was working on

2598056 I claim again, i will have it done by tonight. I have a case of cock Writer's block that has been clogging everything up.

2598056 Clan
“Skirt chaser” By Dancewithknives

Princess Celestia, wearing her traditional scarlet cape that covered her body from neck to hoof from every direction, stood outside of Canterlot Castle’s great meeting hall. Though the meeting for the day may have been concluded, she could tell that her work for the day was only just beginning.
Though the heads of every manor house throughout Equestria retired from the gathering and made their way to their temporary apartments, two particular individuals stood before her, one eye on their ruler, and another on the one pony they despised the most in the world.
The two were ponies she had met with behind the meeting were two almost mortal enemies, Lady Stormbreak of La Pegalagos and Count Broadback of Trottingham. Currently, the two were engaged in a match of shouting at each other to somehow see if their opposite would submit and cede in whatever feud they had been fighting that had called for the meeting in the first place.
For the amount of time the two spent fighting with each other over petty family disputes, Celestia would have expected the two to be married…
Somewhere between Lady Stormbreak saying that Count Broadback was as stubborn as a mule, and he likewise replying that she looked like one, Celestia, for no apparent reason, became tense with fright and jumped in place.
The two nobles stopped their bickering and looked at their ruler as she stood with wide eyes and looked down at her large red dress/ cape.

Earlier…
Lady Stormbreak used her mouth and tightened the tie that hung like a lasso around her son’s neck.
When the garment was tighter than a noose around her offspring, she smiled and kissed him on his –slowly reddening- cheek.
“Oh, Breeze, you are so handsome, just like your father.”
Gentle Breeze, trying to gasp for breath, nodded his head at his misty eyed mother.
The pegasus mistress backed away a step and stood up before her son, “I have quite a bit of work today, so I want you to be a good colt.”
The seven year old nodded once more.
“Behave, listen to the daycare instructors, and remember, stay away from Horseshoe.”

Across the castle…
Count Broadback sat in a chair as he watched his wife and two servants pull the strings of a waist support and cause his daughter’s face to become a dark scarlet color.
“Daddy…” the eight year old earth pony whimpered, “I love my new dress, but I can’…t breathe…”
The stallion, beginning to feel the foreign sense of pride that he did not expect to ever have after he fooled himself into disappointment over having a filly, felt himself melt from the inside as the dress was slipped onto his daughter, “Oh my… you look just like your mother… Before I know it, my little filly is going to be a mare!”
Horseshoe tried to open her mouth to protest the status of her internal organs, but couldn’t when she began to feel her guts move towards her front and rear directions of her body.
The Count and Countess stood by each other and leaned on each other as they gazed upon their offspring. “You look marvelous,” he said, wiping a tear from his eye, “But daddy has to go and do some work. I’ll come home and you can try on all the rest of your new clothes for me, how does that sound?”
Horseshoe’s partial faint was interpreted as a nod from the Count.
“Be a good filly, remember all of your manners. But above all, stay away from Gentle Breeze.”

Five Minutes Later….
When Horseshoe and Gentle Breeze found each other, the shared blue tint of color to their facial fur did all of the talking for them.

The two immediately got to work, Breeze loosened the bow on Horseshoe’s back while she, in return, bit his tie and unraveled the knot around his throat.
After sitting on the tile floor of the castle and breathing in a gratuitous amounts of a thing known as “air”, the two foals, like they had done for the last several times their parents had met to shout at each other, sat down and talked.

“How long do you think they are going to take?” asked Breeze.
“I don’t know…” the earth pony replied, “it’s probably going to be a while. Do you want to play a game?”
“Sure!” the pegasus returned, “let’s play hide and go seek. You’re it first!”
Before Horseshoes could protest, the pegasus had already started down the hallway, so she turned around, covered her eyes, and began to count, “One…Two…Three…Four… Skip a few… One Hundred!” and chased after him.

Gentle Breeze pumped his legs as he ran as fast as he could down the hallway as he tried to make some distance between his pursuer.He realized that he had never been in the castle before. Everything was new, and he did not know any good places to hide.

He could hear a clicking coming from behind him, so he picked up his pace, making the blur of scenery all around him worse on trying to identify a good place to hide.
But, then he saw it, the perfect place to hide!
It was a tall, red, standing wall of fabric, made of a dense and opaque material in the center of the hall. The pegasi ran to the sheet and lifted it up, slipped under the opening, and let it fall behind him.
“A curtain!” he thought, “How original! Nopony would ever think to look here!”
Before he had even been in his secret spot for one second, there was a startling “WHHOOO!” and a jump.
Breeze tensed up at the strange sound, and all of a sudden, the curtain opened and moved away.
He looked around, trying to investigate how his curtain got a mind of its own and decided to move.His blood ran cold.
Looking down at him, he saw his mom, Horseshoe’s dad, and Princess Celestia… wearing a…. big…red… cape…
Gentle Breeze’s face became more red than when his mom tried to strangle him with a tie when he realized what his “hiding place” actually was.
Before anypony could make a sound, Horseshoe appeared behind Gentle Breeze and slapped him on the flank, “Tag! You’re it!”
She looked up at the adults, and she too became silent.
Simultaneously, Lady Stormbreak and Count Broadback began to turn read as moisture in the air evaporated off of their bodies.
The two powder kegs of clan leaders, both opened their mouths to shout at-
The adults controlled their rage as the Princess bent down and placed her head between the two young ponies and said, “You know, I heard from a friend of mine that the castle gardens are an excellent place to play Hide and Go seek!”
A large golden key with a long chain appeared and was placed over the head of Horseshoe. “Why don’t you go and try to find it?”

The large alicorn then turned to Gentle Breeze and then said, “I believe you are… *ahem*, ‘it’.”

The two children ran down the hall, towards the direction of the garden while the remaining adults talked.

Celestia sighed to herself, "I'm glad to see at least someponies can still get along with each other."

Now go and post my other chapter!

2620648 ,

* Please include a one word prompt at the end of your fic.

Don't mind me. I'm just looking at the rules as they stand.

2621483 What's the next prompt?

Prompt: Sick.

The evening was beautiful. There were ponies walking in the streets of Canterlot, birds were singing energetically in the trees and the sunset was beautiful to watch. Anypony could watch the scene peacefully in the quiet of the evening.

AAAAAAAA-TCHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Except for one Alicorn and her sister. Celestia entered her sister Luna’s bedroom to remind her of her shift in royal duties after sunset when she found her giving an ear-splitting sneeze using the Royal Canterlot Voice and blowing her nose equally loud. It was a good thing that crystal glassware were forbidden in Luna’s bedroom.

“Dear sister, what is the matter you?” asked Celestia worriedly.

“Do not worry, Tia. ‘Tis just a sneeze. I am fine, really,” replied Luna with a strangely nasal and hoarse voice and a sniff.

Celestia didn’t buy it. She walked over towards her bedridden sister and touched Luna’s forehead with a foreleg. She gasped when she felt her sister’s forehead almost as hot as her sun. “Luna! You have a fever!”

“WHAT!? No, that is impossible! Alicorns cannot have fever!” shouted Luna in panic. “I don’t want to visit a doctor! They put leeches in our bodies for every maladies! And they don’t even work!” she shivered.

“Luna, they stopped using leeches for medicine half a millenium ago. Surely after reading all sorts of history books you should know that by now,” Celestia told her in a deadpan expression.

“Maybe I did not read the history of medicines,” Luna replied sheepishly and coughed loudly afterwards.

“And remember, us Alicorns don’t need medicines to get cured from any maladies, our natural defence is stronger than an average pony’s defence. But I can give you that wonderful carob syrup from Saddle Arabia to help sooth your sore throat. It worked for me,” assured Celestia.

“Thank you, Tia. Earth always finds a way to help her subjects, doesn’t she?” sniffed Luna.

“That she does, dear sister,” replied Celestia and she left her sister’s bedroom to fetch her the throat-soothing syrup.

Next Prompt: Nature.

Comment posted by Pump It Up deleted Jan 29th, 2014
Comment posted by Pump It Up deleted Jan 27th, 2014
Comment posted by Pump It Up deleted Jan 28th, 2014
Comment posted by Pump It Up deleted Jan 29th, 2014

2655505 , I claim "Nature".

Prompt: Nature

Ever so slowly, Celestia trots along the grassy drumbeat. The breeze plays with bells. The rays of sunlight dance along her hide. Her voice ascends into the sky.

~There is beauty here in the place that I call home.~

The swampy cattail plants play supply their woodwind harmony. Meanwhile, the river water flows alongside her melody.

~This is where I can hear where it seems Shalom.~

Breezes turn the floating dandelion seeds into wind chimes.

~For until we are there, this is just another loam.~

Her wings carry her through the waterfall curtains. She shakes a few of the liquid beads from her mane before she gently sets her hooves on the lower ground.

~In nature is where I can say it is safe to roam.~

An erratic thunder clap disturbs the morning’s performance.

“Sister, I enjoy your singing as much as the next pony, but might I take my turn in the shower?”

~There is beauty here in the place that I call home.~

The pasture lies down to rest before allowing in its next guest to wander.

Next prompt: Earth

Prompt: Earth.

Before we begin, read this one-shot first to understand what was going on.

/self-promotion.

“So... you were an Earth Pony,” Twilight inquired.

Celestia nodded. “I was.”

“And this earth pony who is currently laying unconscious on your bed is a younger you?” the younger alicorn asked.

“Yes, Twilight. That dirty earth pony warrior covered in blue war paint is me when I was barely a mare,” the solar princess answered. “And yes, my true name is Sunny the Honourable of Clan Stronghoof.”

Twilight started to look excited. “So you were the Sunny Stronghoof from the Legend of Tirek’s Defeat!” she exclaimed.

Celestia chuckled at her friend’s excited expression. “Yes, Twilight, I was. Though you must know that the legend is a watered-down version of what really happened,” she said. “But that is a story for another time. What you really need to know is that what you have done in putting Sunny, that is to say me, here three thousand years in the future, you have gave me hope in my lowest point that I will see another day. Though I was still shocked when I found out that what happened here wasn’t a dream.”

Twilight thought for a moment, finally saying, “Yes, that makes sense. That is basically the biggest golden rule of time travelling, if it happens that is, history cannot be changed. If it happened, it happened. So what I did technically made you feel reassured that you will live for the next three millennia.”

“Yes, Twilight. You did,” Celestia agreed. She saw Twilight suddenly beaming.

“Oh, oh! Can you teach me how to speak Old Earth Pony? Please? I really want to try to talk with you and Luna in a language only you understand!” she asked excitedly.

Celestia laughed. “Of course I will, Twilight. When the both of us have time, we can have some private language lessons.”

“Thank you, Celestia!” Twilight chirped.

Celestia thought for a moment and decided to go check on her younger and rougher self. “I am going to check on Sunny now, Twilight. Oh and if anyone asks about Sunny, just tell them that she is a native of the Everfree Forest who has thirst for an adventure and went to explore Canterlot,” she said.

Twilight just looked confusedly. “Uhm... Celestia, I don’t think they will buy it. First of all, I don’t think there even is a herd of wild ponies living in the Everfree Forest, and secondly, even if they do exist, I don’t think anypony native of the Forest would want to leave their home,” she said.

Celestia chuckled. “Actually, Twilight, there are some scattered herds of wild earth ponies living in the Everfree Forest. You are just lucky you never met one,” she said as she went for her room to check if Sunny is awake.

Next Prompt: Civilization.

Prompt: Civilization

Celestia watched through her bedroom window as earth ponies moved blocks of marble and stone to where unicorns stood at the ready, waiting to levitate the materials to the workers high above on the mountain.

"It is a shame you cannot see what work the ponies are doing, Starswirl," she said, turning away from the window. "They're working very diligently."

"I have Clover to describe things for me," said the skull of Starswirl the Bearded, eye sockets glowing when he spoke. "This is much better than anything I had in life. I am able to teach and discuss without any annoyances of the body."

Shaking her head, Celestia sat at her desk and faced the skull on it. "I can't believe they chose Lulu and I to be rulers. We're barely out of our teenage years! Luna's merely nineteen!"

Like a teacher reminds a student, Starswirl said, "They needed somepony more powerful and able to lead than themselves—"

"They had perfectly good rulers!"

"—and alicorns are regarded by many as near-deities. You know this, Celestia."

The mare sighed. "And I do, Starswirl. I simply needed to vent my frustration." Celestia looked out the window. "Our castle in the Everfree was perfectly fine. We don't need a fancy palace."

"Look on the bright side,' Starswirl said. "They will build housed near you, and it will be easier to protect them."

"Protect?" Celestia snorted. "I can protect a country about as well as I can prevent a sneeze."

"Without you, they would eventually fall into ruin. Civilization would be no more. You are the glue that holds them together."

Silently, Celestia walked back to the window.

Am I?

Next prompt: chaos.

2780090 , Claiming "Chaos".

(Rated FV for "Fantasy Violence")
(Also contains trace amounts of children's card games.)

Prompt: Chaos

The blackish-red aura swirled violently around Discord. His yell was painful to hear.

“AWAAAAAAAAAUGH!”

The aura faded, as did his red, face-painted tears. His head briefly hung limp.

“Discord?” Celestia leaned in close with worry.

He slowly lifted his head back up. He blinked a couple of times, revealing his disproportionate, soul-filled eyes.

“How are you feel-?”

*Splat*

A chocolate-cream pie found itself as an outermost layer over Celestia’s face.

Discord let out a yawn. “Splendid this morning, Celestia. How are you?”

In spite of being unable to see anything at the moment, Celestia let out a content sigh.

He’s back to his usual, trickster self.

She started licking some of the cream on her muzzle.

Hmm, not bad.

Several growling noises could be heard. From their volume, it sounded like they were getting closer. Celestia finally took the reasonable action and levitated the pie out of her eyes. What she could see past some of the brown cream on her face made her eyes open wide.

Many ponies varying from high class to low class as well as some of the Royal guards surrounded the area. All of them looked like they had red markings resembling bloody tears under their eyes.

“Discord,” Celestia spoke gently.

“Yes?” the draconequus of chaos prompted.

“How many ponies did you challenge to a card fight before me?” she asked.

“Honestly, my memory during that whole red-darkness possession is a giant muddled mess,” he admitted.

Celestia and Discord stood back to back as they observed their surrounding enemies.

“How large would you say this crowd of Reversed fighters is?” she wondered.

“It’s got about a one hundred foot radius," he estimated by stretching a tape measure out of nowhere.

“Sharper minds along the circumference?” she inquired.

“More than likely.” He nodded once.

Celestia levitated two decks while Discord held a deck with each of his limbs.

“Bring it on,” muttered Celestia.

“Stand up, Vanguard!” they both cried as they charged toward opposite ends of the crowd. Vanguard circles of all different colors flashed as the numerous card fights took place.

Next prompt: Foundation

2818153 i think the prompt is DOA cuz cp wont update.

2827138 , Why, did he say something?

2828381 no, he just won't. Fuck, i wrote 2 stories and i havent gotten 1 up. So imma pissed.

Comment posted by MLPTMNTLPS-Moving deleted Apr 6th, 2014

Uh, pardon, what does DOA mean?

3256508 dead on arrival. Pretty much he isnt interested anymore.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 110